Panasonic Viera Link TV & BluRay Player L47E50 & BDT-220 How to Use a Single Remote - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-06-2012, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Folks--

I have a Panasonic TC-L47E50 and a new DMP-BDT220 Blu-Ray Player. I got Viera Link up and working so the devices talk to each other properly.

My question: I'd like to use only one remote to control both devices, but it appears the remote for each device lack some critical functionality.

The Blu-Ray Remote doesn't have a mute button, and the volume control is tiny (basically unusable for every day stuff).
The TV remote has basic DVD controls (play, skip, etc), but lacks a "MENU" button that enables you to access functionality on the disc. This button is labeled "POP-UP MENU" on the BluRay remote.

Has anyone figured out how to access the DVD Menu from the TV remote? I don't really want to buy a universal remote if I don't have to. As far as I can tell, the menu button is all that I'm missing.

Hopefully I'm doing something dumb and it's a simple solution.

Thanks-Frisbee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-06-2012, 06:14 PM

No simple solution for the menu buttons, but how often do you need to access the TV/DVD menu, while watching a DVD? Maybe before to set the input or picture, but probably not during.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-06-2012, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

The most common reason to access the menu is when I'm watching a DVD with multiple episodes. Then I need to hit DVD "MENU" and select the scene I want. Another example would be getting bonus features. Not a big deal to have a 2nd remote on the table, but it seems like poor Panasonic design to not give the TV remote the option to run/control DVD's.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc L47e50 47 Inch 1080p Full Hd Ips Led Lcd Tv
Gear in this thread - L47e50 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page