URC-R50 programming - using a long-press command inside a macro - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-08-2012, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I've just acquired a URC R50 after having 3x Harmony remotes fail just outside the warranty period (I will never buy them again). I still have a working Harmony 300i which I only use to learn codes into the R50 (the Harmony software had more codes than the original remote).

The threads here have been useful and the remote is almost programmed exactly how I want it, however I'm having one last problem and hoping someone might know the answer.

I'm programming a macro for a Mac Mini where I'm using Remote Buddy software. If I short press the menu button for the Mac Mini I get the EyeTV/guide menu, but if I long-press it I get the Remote Buddy menu where I can flip between Remote Buddy macros (EyeTV for TV or XBMC for movies/TV show). When I manually long-press the menu button on the URC, it works correctly. However when I try to program a macro and input the long press, it doesn't hold it (sends a short press and I get the normal EyeTV menu rather than the Remote Buddy menu).

Does anyone know how to program a long press into a macro with this remote? I also tried making the long press the first step in the macro and then long-pressing the macro button itself when executing, but it still had the same behaviour.

Once I have this sorted, it will be perfect! Was definitely worth the pain of learning/programming this remote (to get away from poorly-built Harmony remotes!).

Cheers
Clay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-08-2012, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Have you tried learning the long-press as a single code?
post #3 of 5 Old 12-09-2012, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Hi, yes I did try that already. Unfortunately the same story - if you try to teach a long press, it only saves a short press. You can invoke the long press by long-pressing the button, but this still doesn't help with the macro.

Makes me wonder how the long press is working under the surface - is it the same code sent for a long time, or does a long press invoke a different code? I assume the former.
post #4 of 5 Old 12-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Once you learn the command to the button, go back in and edit the macro so the first command is a pause.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-21-2012, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Tried that as well, no dice unfortunately. I think I will have to accept its not possible with this remote frown.gif
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page