MX-980 not sending RF any more!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-16-2012, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My MX-980 is not sending an RF signal any more. IR works fine and my other MX-980 is operating perfectly fine so I know it's not the base station. Out of warranty and sending it in seems cost prohibitive. Any ideas from anyone? Yes, I've reset the device and redownloaded the program to the device.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-16-2012, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

OK. Didn't think i could figure it out since I've never unassembled one of these before but I got it apart and solved my own problem. The RF portion of the remote is apparently the small (2x2") board that is connected at the top of the main remote board from the back. The connector is sad to say the least and the pins weren't making contact. I just added a little padding to the top and side to nudge the board over when the back was replaced. This gave the pins the contact they needed and solved my problem. I can see this being an issue for other people so I hope my solution helps others. Don't take the remote apart though unless you're OK with buying a new one!!! potential for destroying the remote this way is more than a possibility.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-29-2014, 05:43 AM

What was the steps in getting it apart without scaring the edges around? if you don't mind?
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page