Viewsonic Pro 8200HD Projector Discrete Codes - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 01-10-2013, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Searched all over RemoteCentral with no luck. Internet turns up nothing as well. Any suggestions on how I can get a discrete code for power off. It is extremely frustrating to have to push the power on button twice to turn the projector off. I can't automate it using iRule like I want to. It may just not exist. The remote only has a power on button.

Any suggestions would be most welcome and thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-10-2013, 05:39 PM

Liked: 14
Reading here: http://hk.viewsonic.com/en/products/productspecs.php?id=390

I found this:

"The exclusive "Off-to-Go" feature of Pro 8200 allows instant shut-down after use without waiting for cool off; this effectively saves power and time for busy professionals, and prevents accidental damage to the lamp as well. In addition, the power-on procedure takes only 3 seconds, providing more agility and flexibility to the presenters."

Makes me think there is no discrete on/off. I can see why this is frustrating.

I will ask however, what is it that you want to do through Irule that cannot be overcome?
post #3 of 9 Old 01-11-2013, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

I have a page in iRule with 2 buttons, Watch TV and Watch Projector. When I press the TV button, it powers off projector, raises screen, powers on TV, etc. When I press the Watch Projector button, the TV is powered off, the projector is powered on, the screen is lowered, etc.

So when I hit this page initially and press Watch TV when nothing is on, my projector is powered on because it detects the first "power on" press. I'm not sure how I can get around this using just two buttons on the same page.
post #4 of 9 Old 01-11-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCode View Post

I have a page in iRule with 2 buttons, Watch TV and Watch Projector. When I press the TV button, it powers off projector, raises screen, powers on TV, etc. When I press the Watch Projector button, the TV is powered off, the projector is powered on, the screen is lowered, etc.

So when I hit this page initially and press Watch TV when nothing is on, my projector is powered on because it detects the first "power on" press. I'm not sure how I can get around this using just two buttons on the same page.

I see your plight. I think there is a way to figure out the answer "if" there is discrete on/off codes.

Are you using one of the itach units?
post #5 of 9 Old 01-11-2013, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Yes I am using the iTach
post #6 of 9 Old 01-11-2013, 08:52 AM

iTachs can be used to capture IR codes. There is a small hole between the power input jack and the 1st IR jack.

If you follow these instruction you'll be up and running which will answer the question once and for all.

http://www.globalcache.com/support/ilearntutorial/

I would capture what the IR signal from the remote is with a single press of the button, and then again the code sent when double-clicking the same button. I'd take a screen shot after the first code is captured and then I would close the application (some people report only being able to catch 1 code at a time) and then run it again and compare the codes.

If they are different we're in the money and can import them into the builder and get you setup the way you want, if not I have some other ideas.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-12-2013, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Finally had a chance to try the learner. It appears the codes are identical. When you press the power on button on the remote, the second press shortly after which is used to power off the projector, is the same. I duplicated my projector page and uploaded the capture codes to iRule. Pressing off in iRule results in the projector coming on from a powered off state. So it looks like there are no discrete codes for the projector. Any other suggestion on how I might get around this?
post #8 of 9 Old 01-13-2013, 11:27 AM

Darn.

Your pretty much out of luck without spending a ton of time figuring out a way to track the power state of the device.

Logitech tracks the state of these devices on the remote, but if one of those devices gets powered on or off from a different remote it will be out of sync.

Your projector has a rs232 port so it's capable of feedback commands although I didn't see them in the builder.

So we can track the state of the device from your panel, so what would be our next step?

I'll keep thinking.
post #9 of 9 Old 03-06-2014, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCode View Post

Finally had a chance to try the learner. It appears the codes are identical. When you press the power on button on the remote, the second press shortly after which is used to power off the projector, is the same. I duplicated my projector page and uploaded the capture codes to iRule. Pressing off in iRule results in the projector coming on from a powered off state. So it looks like there are no discrete codes for the projector. Any other suggestion on how I might get around this?

Did you ever find a way to consistently power on and power off your PRO8200 without issues?
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Viewsonic Pro8200 Dlp Projector , Irule
Gear in this thread - Pro8200 by PriceGrabber.com