Xbian on Raspberry Pi controlled by iRule using HTTP - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-12-2013, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got a Raspberry Pi for testing. So far I'm impressed. The interface is a little slow but what can you can expect for the processing power. Full 1080p with no dropped frames for $35!!!

I have the latest Xbian installed and it is working great. I have configured Xbian to allow remote control via HTTP. From another PC, I can use a browser and HTTP commands to control movie playback on the Raspberry using the web. It works with no issues, albeit a little slowly.

I go one step further and configure a gateway in iRule using HTTP. I have the exact same setup on a dedicated HTPC and iRule can control XBMC via HTTP commands with no problem. For some reason, I am not having the same success using iRule (HTTP) to control Xbian on the Raspberry.

I've triple checked my settings. Using port 8080 with no login or password for HTTP control. I am also using GET for the HTTP method of control. At this point, if I can control the Raspberry with another PC using HTTP commands, I can't understand why I can't using iRule and the same HTTP commands? It is obviously accepting HTTP control.

Any suggestions on something I could try to get this working?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 07:08 AM

Hey,

What version of XBMC are you running on the HTPC? The Raspberry versions of XBMC run Frodo which did away with HTTP control. You can still connect to port 8080 but you have to use the JSON API. This could be the reason behind your troubles.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2013, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

That would explain it. I'm still using Eden on the HTPC. Is there a version of Xbian that still supports HTTP control? I haven't looked into JSON control via iRule yet but I'm assuming that's possible.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:57 PM

No, the only version released for raspberry pi is frodo. JSON API is not that difficult if you just spend a little bit of time with it.

Tags
Irule