Controlling all hidden devices - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-16-2013, 05:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys I am new to this, so thanks for any help in advance.

I just bought a Panasonic TC-P55VT50, I also have a Mvix Ultio Pro, a Sony Dvr, a Verizon HDDVR72161, as well as a Bose Lyfestyle 12 which I can probably do without.

My question is what components do I need to buy so I can put all of these devices in a closet 10 feet away, run the cables through the wall connect to the TV and control with one remote?

I have an idea by reading all of the many threads but would not mind seeing someone put together an inventory i could just purchase.

thanks again

Drew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-16-2013, 10:33 AM
DGF

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgost View Post

....... but would not mind seeing someone put together an inventory i could just purchase.

Lol - that has got to be the laziest, most apathetic request I've ever read on this forum!!

If you really expect help you have to provide more detail on what you're looking for (dedicated remote, iOS/Android, budget, functionality, IR only, etc.???) and at least give a hint that you've done a little bit of homework - do you really think that someone is going to run down your equipment list to investigate if each piece is IP or RS232 controllable in order to make a recommendation? Or is the assumption that maybe a member has the exact same models as you do and can answer your question from memory? You mentioned that you "had an idea" - why not share that to let people know which way you're thinking of going.

I'm not deliberately trying to come across as an a$$h*le, but thought you might appreciate advice that would result in getting some useful responses.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-17-2013, 02:51 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for that extremely unfriendly approach to help someone that is obviously green in this area, how in the bleep would I know what you need to know to help me out. A normal situation is you put up what your problem is, people come in and ask questions and I would go dig up the answers, but your point is taken. If you have have a need to ask a question concerning an elevator I will try not to be so?? YOU.
So you are right a little more research and the harmony 550, some emitters and an extender should do the job. Thanks for showing me how smart I can be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGF View Post

I'm not deliberately trying to come across as an a$$h*le,
Then you must be a natural at it

Drew
post #4 of 6 Old 01-17-2013, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:

Hi guys I am new to this, so thanks for any help in advance.

I just bought a Panasonic TC-P55VT50, I also have a Mvix Ultio Pro, a Sony Dvr, a Verizon HDDVR72161, as well as a Bose Lyfestyle 12 which I can probably do without.

My question is what components do I need to buy so I can put all of these devices in a closet 10 feet away, run the cables through the wall connect to the TV and control with one remote?

I have an idea by reading all of the many threads but would not mind seeing someone put together an inventory i could just purchase.

thanks again

Drew

Did you read the FAQs http://www.avsforum.com/t/1318737/remote-control-faq-buyer-s-guide-and-programming-thread

Even though your TV is IP controllable, Panasonic has the codes locked down. You will need to either use their iOS/Android app or go with IR only. The other devices are probably all IR, so you need to go from something to IR. That something will probably be RF or IP.

post #5 of 6 Old 01-17-2013, 08:46 AM
DGF

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

Thanks for that extremely unfriendly approach to help someone that is obviously green in this area, how in the bleep would I know what you need to know to help me out. A normal situation is you put up what your problem is, people come in and ask questions and I would go dig up the answers, but your point is taken. If you have have a need to ask a question concerning an elevator I will try not to be so?? YOU.
So you are right a little more research and the harmony 550, some emitters and an extender should do the job. Thanks for showing me how smart I can be.

Then you must be a natural at it

Drew

But you didn't ask - "what are my options?" - you said that you wouldn't mind seeing someone put together an inventory so that you could just buy it. The first approach solicits collaboration and is enrolling - exactly what this forum is all about. Your post made me laugh, but I do apologize if my response was a little heavy handed.

[In the spirit of moving things forward, I'll refrain from responding to your childish personal insult]
post #6 of 6 Old 01-18-2013, 03:23 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Bryan for your help

I am going to read that link now and tonight. I will look into the Panasonic codes. When I finish reading the FAQ, I will start a new thread and ask that this thread be closed.

Thanks for your friendly advice.

Drew
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page