Would like to try 1100 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-16-2013, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a Harmony 880 which works but is getting a little worn and was considering buying a 1100. The 880 software allows me to program and add extra buttons and I see a option to update to new remote in the software.

If I buy a 1100 can I transfer all my custom codes to the 1100 from the 880? I paid Harmony to custom program all of the Audssey pronto codes for my Denon 2309CI AVR. The stock Pronto codes that Logitec has in it's database are only the codes that are available on the Denon remote. The codes that I gave Logitec to program are special sequential codes that allow for special effects like Day, Night, Midnight, Center channel up...Down, Multi EQ on Dynamic Vol on, off and a bunch of others. Even on the Denon remote to accomplish these task one must go through sequential steps so the ability to program sequantial steps for the 880 was great.

I don't want to buy a remote that I can not transfer the activities and Devices that are currently in my account and special programing.

Can I accomplish what I want with the 1100?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-18-2013, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Well you chose the exact wrong remote to want to upgrade to with those requirements.

You cannot transfer from a 880 to a 1100 (or 900 which uses the same operating system).

The 1100 does not support sequences (nor does the 900 for the same reason as above).

If you do have some custom codes then you could simply learn them from the 880 into the 1100, but you will have to reprogram everything from scratch. You will also have to work around the lack of 5 step sequence support for the 1100. The funny thing is that the 1000 would support the transfer as well as sequences.

Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page