Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-18-2013, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter
upi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there.

I've looked everywhere for the answer to this, so I turn to You, my fellow audiophiles.

Does anyone know if the rear HDMI input 1 on the BDP-103 has HDMI pass-thru?(to upscale SD cable tv to HD)
The reason I ask, is that its a real pain in the but for my family to watch tv now, because before they could just turn on the tv and cable box with one remote.
Its not a problem for me, but for my 4 year old nephew, brother, sister-in-law, and especially her 70 year old mother, it is, because the OPPO always defaults back to the 'Blu-ray' input every time its turned on, and you have to use the OPPO remote to turn it on, then select the rear HDMI input 1.
Now they must turn on the tv, then cable box, then grab the OPPO remote, and turn it on, then wait and select HDMI 1, (then the Marantz SR5006 AV receiver, if you want surround sound, …don't even get me started on the Marantz. …it ONLY selects the right input and works if its turned on LAST, and in order of the TV, then cable box/or OPPO, and then the Marantz LAST !)
I hoped the OPPO would let the rear HDMI 1 pass-thru the signal if it wasn't turned on, like my Marantz av receiver. Worst case scenario, I wish the OPPO would stay selected on the rear HDMI 1 input, instead of defaulting back to the 'BLU-RAY' input every time, so there would be 1 less step for the family, so that i could program the tv remotes DVD button and they could just turn ithe OPPO on/off with just 1 remote.

Now with that said, I purchased a harmony 1100 for the family 2 weeks ago, but I HAVE NO IDEA how to program the 'Watch DVD' activity to select/change the OPPOs inputs to the rear HDMI1 input. Can anyone out there PLEASE walk me through the steps of programming the harmony, as Logitech's customer support says that there is no phone customer-support available on refurbished remotes(NOW i find out its refurbished, …thanks Tigerdirect !)

ANY help would be greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks very much everyone.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Harmony 1100 Remcontrol

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page