Inexpensive Sony (or other) suggestion ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-31-2013, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just looking for a few suggestions: Am looking for a remote that would control an older Sony Soundbar (CT-150), a newer Sony Blu-Ray player and a DirecTV STB. If it could power on a Sanyo projector that would be a grand slam. That part is not important.

Not looking to spend a lot of $$. Doesn't have to be a Sony but that would seem to make sense. Not looking for RF functionality. Anyone have any knowledge of this remote?: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-RMVLZ620-Universal-Remote-Control/dp/B00385XUG0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1359652536&sr=1-1&keywords=sony+remote+control

Bottom line: just looking for an easy solution for my kids. The entertainment area is a garage 90% of the time and tailgate area during football season. Any help is much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-31-2013, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 340
My cheap go-to remote is the $20 WR7 from URC. Cheapest learning remote and has power macro capability and volume punch-through...

http://www.amazon.com/URC-Universal-Control-Components-Favorite/dp/B001KC08A4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359653671&sr=8-1&keywords=wr7

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

post #3 of 4 Old 01-31-2013, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Much thanks jautor! One final question: do I dare ask if this thing would work with a PS3? I suspect the answer is "No" due to the Bluetooth issue. Occasionally the PS3 gets pulled out to the garage for gaming. Thanks again.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-31-2013, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Yes it will. Any universal will work with a PS3 if you buy an IR adapter for it. They range from about $8 (Nyko bluwave at wal-mart) to $150 or so. The adapter often comes with it's own remote, but you're only interested in the adapter. Just put the remote away.
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page