Harmony Remote with the fastest response time - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-11-2013, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
I have a Harmony 550 and I'm finding that the button press response time is too slow for all my devices. I've tried dozens of times adjusting all the key delay settings (inter-key, inter-device, troubleshooting delay setting) and they don't improve the response time enough. There is a huge difference between my native remotes and this harmony with respect to key response delay. THe native remotes are actually a pleasure to use when switching back to them.
So my question is, do the newer Harmony remote have faster key response? Are some faster than others?
Thanks in advance!

Samsung Plasma PN58C6500, LG Blu-Ray BD590, Pioneer Elite Rcvr SC-05, Bell TV 9400, Apple TV 1 Jailbroken XBMC, WDTV Live+, Patriot BoxOffice, Xbox 360, PC, Harmony 550
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-12-2013, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I don't know if this is helpful, but I have recently switched from a Harmony One to the Harmony Touch and have found that the response to commands is quicker.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-21-2013, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyPoutine View Post

Hi,
I have a Harmony 550 and I'm finding that the button press response time is too slow for all my devices. I've tried dozens of times adjusting all the key delay settings (inter-key, inter-device, troubleshooting delay setting) and they don't improve the response time enough. There is a huge difference between my native remotes and this harmony with respect to key response delay. THe native remotes are actually a pleasure to use when switching back to them.
So my question is, do the newer Harmony remote have faster key response? Are some faster than others?
Thanks in advance!

I have four Harmony 880 remotes, which do not have any response lag. However, I do have a Harmony 659 that sometimes does exhibit some lag.

Sometimes slow response may be a sign of a weakened battery. Is the battery old?

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I bought all this "stuff" to enjoy it!
post #4 of 4 Old 02-23-2013, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I had the same issue with the 880 and One. I got this answer from the Logitech forum:

"With all Harmony remotes there is a set 50ms to 100ms delay that happens between any and all commands due to it being to the way we implement the codes on the remote. Therefore it will almost never get down to a true 0ms delay as a hard-coded and built OEM remote is. This buffering (or queuing up) of commands cannot be controlled. It's just the way the hardware, firmware and software of the remote interact. In later Harmony models we were able to improve that internal delay starting from the 1100, to the 900, 700 and now 650, 600 & 300. Unfortunately, the prior line of remotes up to and including the Harmony One are more prone to noticing these "buffering" or bursting of commands"

I tried the 700 and it was better but still not like a OEM remote.

I finally switched to a URC 880 and do not notice this problem anymore. The URC, IMO, is a man's remote and makes the harmony look like a toy.

Goid luck!

Check out my WAF approved living room theater

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1526916/my...-1-living-room
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page