Where to by IR emitters? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 03-09-2013, 06:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I do 90%+ of my shopping through Amazon prime, but was supremely disappointed this morning to find that the only IR emitters available were in the neighborhood of $10 a piece.
Any suggestions? These just don't seem like the type of components that should be costing $10 let alone $5 each. Thanks -
v

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-09-2013, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 359
http://www.ebay.com/sch/TV-Video-Home-Audio-/32852/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=ir+emitter&_sop=15

-- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:

post #3 of 8 Old 03-09-2013, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yes. I've checked eBay... But thanks for the link. Anywhere else?

post #4 of 8 Old 03-09-2013, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigga View Post

Yes. I've checked eBay... But thanks for the link. Anywhere else?

Shipping costs for a single IR emitter are going to eat up any savings from exhaustive searching for online sites. Which is why I pointed to eBay. Someone close by can probably just give you one.

Heck, Paypal me $5 and I'll send you one from my stash...

-- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:

post #5 of 8 Old 03-14-2013, 01:43 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would offer one word of caution though... not all IR emitters are created equal. 90% of them will work 90% of the time but there is always a small chance that they will not make the proper connection to your IR transmitter or that they'll receive excessive interference from Plasma or LED TVs. If you need just 1 cable to replace something or connect something new your best bet is probably a local electrical supply company. If they dont carry them wait for an AV guy to roll in and ask him to give you one off the truck. If you're not buying in bulk or with a more expensive remote I bet you'll have a hard time doing much better than $10 online.

Jim

post #6 of 8 Old 03-14-2013, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Electronic surplus dealers sometimes have IR emitters that will work, like this.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-14-2013, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colm View Post

Electronic surplus dealers sometimes have IR emitters that will work, like this.

$2 part. $7 shipping...

Theater build photos:

post #8 of 8 Old 03-16-2013, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the replies - I actually don't mind buying in relative bulk - but as it happens, I was at my folks place this weekend and dug up the box from the MX-260 I installed for them...and pocketed a few of the spares smile.gif

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Universal Remote Mrf 260

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page