Harmony 900 with a Sony 95ES Projector - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-17-2013, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Sony 95ES projector and am trying to set it up with my Harmony 900 remote. My problem is that I cannot get the remote to turn the projector off properly (it requires a double power off and I don't think the power off confirmation can be switched off on the projector). I've tried going into the remote device settings to set it up for a "double power off", but that doesn't work (and I've tried multiple configurations of this setup). So, the only way I can get it to work is to change the activity setting to power off when it leaves the activity, which works if I turn off all devices via the off button, but this setting also turns off the projector if I switch activities (even after I've reset the double power off back to single power off), which is not the desired result . How do I get this to work? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-19-2013, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 63
I had this same problem with a Sony projector a few months ago. I banged on that remote for over 3 hours before I finally got it to work.

Here's what your problem is: The Harmony remote is doing it's job and sending 2 power commands but the projector doesn't see the second one. WHY, do you ask? When your other devices turn off and the projector loses "HDMI sync" it kind of goes dumb for a few seconds and misses the second command.

Here's how to fix it: (I hope you're using the 7.7 software) Go to EACH activity that uses the projector and click

SETTINGS

Click "Review the settings for this Activity" (NEXT)

Click "Yes, but I want to add more control of options and devices for this Activity" (NEXT)

Save & "next" through all the pages until you get to this

Next page

Save, exit, & update your remote.

This will send an initial PWR command before sending any other commands. When the Harmony sends the actual scheduled power command it will actually be the second press and your projector will turn off.

When you change activities while the system is on, the remote will send one power command which will make the "power off" graphic pop up on screen for 3 seconds but it will not turn off the proj.

post #3 of 3 Old 06-10-2014, 07:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
THANK YOU!!!
U saved my day with this guide biggrin.gif
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw95es Full Hd 3d Home Cinema Projector , Harmony 900 Remote

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version