Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-05-2013, 04:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi all -
I posted this over at remote central, but since I'm on AVS guy, I thought I'd throw it out here.
Working with a new remote (MX-890) and this evening and had something truly baffling show up. I have a macro programmed to turn on my system. This includes turning on a Lumagen Video Processor. When I construct the macro, I use the IR navigator to put the "Power On" for the Lumagen. No matter what I do - for some reason, that code is not working...everything else in the macro (Marants Pre/Pro, Oppo Blu-ray, Panasonic Plasma) works just fine. Tried turning up the IR - nada. Here's the weird part: if I alias the code to the Lumagen device power off, it works. Any ideas? I get the same thing with my JVC projector: can ad the code for power-on or off through the IR Database Navigator...nada... Do a alias to the same commands in the device - works fine. I'm totally and completely stumped.

Someone at remote central told me: you can't drag commands from the IR Navigator into the Maro Box...but I've done this with easily a dozen remotes: two MX-880's and an MX-900 in my homes; and literally dozens of URC remotes for friends. What's more baffling, is the method is working for the plasma, marantz and oppo, but not the Lumagen (or the projector). Does anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-05-2013, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 185
If you are using RF then maybe the "activity" you are programming in the macro has its RF device set incorrectly? You should alias all your commands from your devices. When you directly map commands into macros then you have to do more legwork if you ever change that device. If you aliased it then you would just change the base command and all aliases would be updated.

When setting up RF you tell each device what port to use. With an Activities and Devices setup all your IR commands are in your Devices and the Activities are aliased. You then map the Devices to RF/IR ports. The Activities show up as Devices to be mapped as well, but there is no need to map them since the aliased commands are assigned based on their device. I'd guess your Activity "device" isn't mapped to the proper port.

post #3 of 3 Old 04-05-2013, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Obviously what I've done in the past isn't "best practice" . Ill recheck tonight but in the past i always just set up my activities and devices to fire all if the ir ports. Maybe the lumagen is missing the code given its seeing everything? Tested this by adding an exceedingly long delay before and after the command. Either way, it seems best practice is to alias commands to the device. Will try tonight.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Mx 890 , Oppo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page