Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 108 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 84Likes

post #3211 of 3238 Old 01-07-2016, 10:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by bguzman View Post
Why are all of my activities doubled up on my control app?

Edit:
Updated Harmony software and I still have two of every activity.
Bump
Still have two of every activity. Is no one else experiencing this?

HT, Mitsubishi HC6500, 106" screen, Samsung 32" LCD, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer Elite BDP-62, Toshiba A35, Panasonic LX-1000U, Pioneer Elite CLD-95, DirecTV H21-100, PS3, Pioneer Elite SC-85, Def Tech; SM 450, CLR 2002, BP2X, Klipsch KSB 1.1(X4), Pro Sub 100, Polk PSW125
Old School, Realistic Lab-400, R1000ED, Sansui SR-4050c, Denon 103r & AU-320 SUT, Bykoz Audio preamp, Sony STR-V4, Polk Monitor 10A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3212 of 3238 Old 01-08-2016, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
sorry, double post.

Last edited by DeGrizzle; 01-08-2016 at 01:11 PM. Reason: double post
post #3213 of 3238 Old 01-08-2016, 01:11 PM

Hey guys, I've been using my new elite for about a week now and everything has been pretty smooth. The only thing I have noticed, and maybe someone can help me, is this:

If I start and activity it turns 3 items on. When I turn it off all 3 turn off.
All of my activities work well like this without problems.

The one thing that doesn't work, is sometimes when I switch from one activity to another, the first items don't turn off, so I end up having problems with my AVR or Display automatically detecting the wrong signal, and switching to the wrong input.

So far, I have just turned everything off, then started the new activity, but it seems kind of dumb to turn off the tv just to turn it back on using a different input.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

just a thought... could the samsung anynet (or whatever its called) be messing with this? Should I turn this off?
post #3214 of 3238 Old 01-11-2016, 07:46 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Turn off HDMI-CEC control on all of your entertainment devices Anynet+ for Samsung
Gator99 and DeGrizzle like this.
post #3215 of 3238 Old 01-19-2016, 10:52 PM

Liked: 16
BIG problems controlling Sony HT-ST9 Soundbar - Help!

my logitech ultimate remote doesnt work with the htst9. the only way i can force it to work is if i set the remote to be in "remote only" mode with the htst9 itself. if i try and select it to work with the hub or the other remote sensor inputs, it doesn't work - at all - with the ultimate remote.

anyone have any idea why this is? any help? i tried to re program it to the sony htst7 remote codes, and that made no difference. Still the same issues. I just figured since the ultimate remote worked fine with the HT-ST7 soundbar (the previous generation of the ST9), that maybe that would fix things. but no dice.

let me be more clear: i cant get my logitech ultimate remote to work with the htst9 at all unless i dumb the remote down by setting it to "remote" mode only in settings on remote for this device. meaning it doesnt communicate via the hub or the mini communicator inputs connected to hub at all. when its like this, it sucks - remote doesnt work well with it.

and yes, i am in line of sight. all my other devices in living room work great with the hub for the logitech and its mini sensors i have placed around cabinet. why doesn't the ST9 work at all with any of that, and not at all unless i force the logitech not to ever communicate with the hob or sensors when it comes to the ST9?

someone, please help!
post #3216 of 3238 Old 01-20-2016, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by smail.nathan View Post
my logitech ultimate remote doesnt work with the htst9. the only way i can force it to work is if i set the remote to be in "remote only" mode with the htst9 itself. if i try and select it to work with the hub or the other remote sensor inputs, it doesn't work - at all - with the ultimate remote.

anyone have any idea why this is? any help? i tried to re program it to the sony htst7 remote codes, and that made no difference. Still the same issues. I just figured since the ultimate remote worked fine with the HT-ST7 soundbar (the previous generation of the ST9), that maybe that would fix things. but no dice.

let me be more clear: i cant get my logitech ultimate remote to work with the htst9 at all unless i dumb the remote down by setting it to "remote" mode only in settings on remote for this device. meaning it doesnt communicate via the hub or the mini communicator inputs connected to hub at all. when its like this, it sucks - remote doesnt work well with it.

and yes, i am in line of sight. all my other devices in living room work great with the hub for the logitech and its mini sensors i have placed around cabinet. why doesn't the ST9 work at all with any of that, and not at all unless i force the logitech not to ever communicate with the hob or sensors when it comes to the ST9?

someone, please help!
Closely examine the ST9's remote sensor to determine if there are any objections. I've had this problem before. Next I recommend you call Sony support. If you know where one is on display, operating, take your Harmony to see if it works. This could be a justifiable return matter. Good luck.

Sony HDTV KDL-46HX750, Denon AVR 1912, DirecTV HD DVR Genie HR44, DirecTV AM21 OTA Rcvr, Sony BDPS3500 Blu-Ray, Infinity Alpha Speakers 50's, 20's, 10's, 37c, Velodyne VRP-1000 Sub, Panamax M4300-PM, Harmony Ultimate One Remote, Monoprice AV Cables. (Currently running a 3.1 setup)
post #3217 of 3238 Old 01-26-2016, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Maybe someone can help me out with this problem.

I just got a projector and set the harmony up with it. My activities are as followed

projector movie
projector cable
projector xbox one
projector hd-dvd
tv movie
tv cable
tv xbox one
tv hd-dvd

When i click on the activity tv cable, everything works as it should. My favorite channels are there and can be selected

When I click on the activity projector cable, everything turns on, but the favorites list is gone. Even if I click on the star icon they wont show up. Any ideas on what to do here?

Sub build http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...et-r-done.html
Center - JBL LC2
Mains - JBL L820
Surrounds - JBL L820
Sub - Dual UXL'18 enclosures,iNuke6000dsp
post #3218 of 3238 Old 01-26-2016, 12:09 PM

I just got a projector and set the harmony up with it. My activities are as followed

projector movie
projector cable
projector xbox one
projector hd-dvd
tv movie
tv cable
tv xbox one
tv hd-dvd

When i click on the activity tv cable, everything works as it should. My favorite channels are there and can be selected

When I click on the activity projector cable, everything turns on, but the favorites list is gone. Even if I click on the star icon they wont show up. Any ideas on what to do here?

Center - JBL LC2
Mains - JBL L820
Surrounds - JBL L820
post #3219 of 3238 Old 01-26-2016, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattroa View Post

projector movie
projector cable
projector xbox one
projector hd-dvd
tv movie
tv cable
tv xbox one
tv hd-dvd

Maybe you have to set up your favorites.

Sony HDTV KDL-46HX750, Denon AVR 1912, DirecTV HD DVR Genie HR44, DirecTV AM21 OTA Rcvr, Sony BDPS3500 Blu-Ray, Infinity Alpha Speakers 50's, 20's, 10's, 37c, Velodyne VRP-1000 Sub, Panamax M4300-PM, Harmony Ultimate One Remote, Monoprice AV Cables. (Currently running a 3.1 setup)
post #3220 of 3238 Old 01-26-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Merc View Post
Maybe you have to set up your favorites.
favorites are set up.. I was on the harmony forums and someone responded favorites can only be used in one activity. Now I just have to figure out how to change it to another activity.
49Merc likes this.

Center - JBL LC2
Mains - JBL L820
Surrounds - JBL L820
post #3221 of 3238 Old 01-26-2016, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Someone wrote that the gray gestures page could be removed. If true, someone please tell me how.

post #3222 of 3238 Old 01-27-2016, 02:10 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattroa View Post
favorites are set up.. I was on the harmony forums and someone responded favorites can only be used in one activity. Now I just have to figure out how to change it to another activity.
I'm afraid that is correct; favourites on one activity only on the moment. When I tried to add them to my projector activity it removed them from my cable activity and moved them to the projector one. I left it like that and just added some buttons to the cable activity for a few frequently used channels.

Apparently there is a plan to change it, but when it will happen is anyone's guess.
post #3223 of 3238 Old 01-27-2016, 08:30 AM

Seems like it should be such a simple fix with code and an update. Crazy how it doesnt allow you when people out there use two sources.
azz7686 likes this.

Center - JBL LC2
Mains - JBL L820
Surrounds - JBL L820
post #3224 of 3238 Old 01-27-2016, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Initially the favorites showed up on every activity, however they were only tied to one activity. So if you were watching a bluray and didn't pay attention and accidentally changed to the favorites screen and hit one it would switch activities on you and select that channel. So even if the favorites screen were available on your projector activity you wouldn't like how it worked.

I'm guessing their initial design was poorly thought out and it would be a major rewrite at this point to make the favorites screen customized for each activity.
post #3225 of 3238 Old 01-28-2016, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Mickunas View Post
Initially the favorites showed up on every activity, however they were only tied to one activity. So if you were watching a bluray and didn't pay attention and accidentally changed to the favorites screen and hit one it would switch activities on you and select that channel. So even if the favorites screen were available on your projector activity you wouldn't like how it worked.

I'm guessing their initial design was poorly thought out and it would be a major rewrite at this point to make the favorites screen customized for each activity.
I have eight activities and the favourites star is only present on the two which could use favourite channels; Sky on TV and Sky on Projector, although one list is always empty. It looks like they made an attempt to fix the original issue (favouries on bluray, etc.), but didn't quite make it work.

Sounds like a relatively simple fix to me.
post #3226 of 3238 Old 02-03-2016, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I may have to look at getting one of these. I work for the cable company, and it was such a nightmare walking in to a house and seeing a harmony remote on the table. But only because we they would throw all the other remotes out and we couldn't pull up our diagnostics with it. Anyhow, I have 4 remotes now, and a ps4 and its getting annoying. Especially with the ps4. I understand you still cant power it on, (right?), but can control basically everything else. Do you all trust these remotes with your wife and kids? I feel like mine may get completely confused, and they'll just get annoyed. Haha. What are your experiences with that?
post #3227 of 3238 Old 02-03-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb2782 View Post
Do you all trust these remotes with your wife and kids? I feel like mine may get completely confused, and they'll just get annoyed. Haha. What are your experiences with that?
It's far less confusing to other members of the household than having four (at least eight in my case) other remotes lying around, usually on the arms of, or down the side of, various sofas. Stick the app on everyone's phones/tablets and leave the original remote in the cradle. I've not used mine yet and nor has anyone else.
jlb2782 likes this.
post #3228 of 3238 Old 02-03-2016, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmeroman View Post
It's far less confusing to other members of the household than having four (at least eight in my case) other remotes lying around, usually on the arms of, or down the side of, various sofas. Stick the app on everyone's phones/tablets and leave the original remote in the cradle. I've not used mine yet and nor has anyone else.
THIS. If you do the programming right, it will be easier. Especially with these RF-hub Harmony remotes, it's difficult for guests to mess them up!
jlb2782 likes this.
post #3229 of 3238 Old 02-03-2016, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLT1 View Post
Question- I have an A/V cabinet that is in adjacent room to my theater. From the A/V cab, I have a 30' conduit to my projector where I have run an HDMI cable as well as a 3.5mm stereo mini-jack cable. I was originally going to use a simple IR blaster, but am now thinking of using the Harmony Hub.

I already have a basic 3.5mm stick-on IR emitter plugged into the 3.5mm cable, and stuck on to the IR receiver of my projector. If I use a 2.5mm adapter, should a generic IR emitter work OK with the Harmony Hub? Or do I need to use the Logitech mini-blaster? The mini-blasters look not-so-mini compared to a stick on emitter, and I'd prefer to keep it clean if possible (and it would allow me to use the included mini-blaster to reach any dead zones within my A/V cabinet that the hub itself doesn't reach well).
Follow up to my original question, as I now have the hub, and have set everything up. For anyone else wondering, the answer is: Yes, you can use a generic IR emitter- you don't have to use the mini-blaster. I am using one of these stuck on my projector connected to the hub via a 25' 3.5mm stereo extension cable and a 2.5mm mono - 3.5mm mono adapter and it works great.
post #3230 of 3238 Old 02-03-2016, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmeroman View Post

Great idea and point. I was just looking at the Harmony touch with hub. Basically same thing, sans touchscreen and less devices. 8 vs. 15. I may try this one. Any other differences or things I should consider??
post #3231 of 3238 Old 02-03-2016, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
I may have to look at getting one of these. I work for the cable company, and it was such a nightmare walking in to a house and seeing a harmony remote on the table. But only because we they would throw all the other remotes out and we couldn't pull up our diagnostics with it. Anyhow, I have 4 remotes now, and a ps4 and its getting annoying. Especially with the ps4. I understand you still cant power it on, (right?), but can control basically everything else. Do you all trust these remotes with your wife and kids? I feel like mine may get completely confused, and they'll just get annoyed. Haha. What are your experiences with that?
I have two harmony remotes (smart remote upstairs and ultimate one in the theater downstairs) and everyone in my family can actually work them both - including my nine-year-old daughter, who can successfully do any of the variety of activities I have set up including watching a blu-ray, playing xbox, watching netflix, watching cable, listening to music, and even controlling the lighting. And even better, all with the devices set to the correct viewing/audio modes and when I come home from work, all the devices including the TV are actually powered off ;-) This is in stark contrast to before I had the Harmony remotes, when I'd get calls almost daily to talk someone through whatever it was they wanted to do.
jlb2782 likes this.

Samsung UN75HU8500FXZA Golf/TS01; LG BP540 Blu-ray Player; Xbox One; Xfinity X1
Dolby Atmos 5.1.4; Denon X4100W; Audiosource AMP102; GoldenEar SuperSat 60/60C, SuperSat 3/3C, Invisa 525; SVS PB-2000
Harmony Ultimate One; Insteon; Acoustimac
post #3232 of 3238 Old 02-03-2016, 03:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Quote:
Great idea and point. I was just looking at the Harmony touch with hub. Basically same thing, sans touchscreen and less devices. 8 vs. 15. I may try this one. Any other differences or things I should consider??
The Touch is still 15 devices and has a touch screen. Did you mean the Smart or Home instead?

Realize that universals without a screen are much harder to use. For example, your AVR probably has at least 300 commands, but the Home only has 40 buttons. Those other commands can only be accessed via a smartphone app. I think a screen is well worth the extra cost. If Harmony is too rich for your blood, the $16 Nevo C2 does essentially the same thing as a $250 Harmony One. It has 18 devices, screen, etc.
jlb2782 likes this.
post #3233 of 3238 Old 02-03-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
The Touch is still 15 devices and has a touch screen. Did you mean the Smart or Home instead?

Realize that universals without a screen are much harder to use. For example, your AVR probably has at least 300 commands, but the Home only has 40 buttons. Those other commands can only be accessed via a smartphone app. I think a screen is well worth the extra cost. If Harmony is too rich for your blood, the $16 Nevo C2 does essentially the same thing as a $250 Harmony One. It has 18 devices, screen, etc.
Yes I'm sorry. I meant the Home. I just figured I wouldn't need the touchscreen, with the app, and wasn't sure if it was worth the extra cost. I will definitely look into the Nevo tho. Thank you sir!!

Edit: Part of the reason tho was control for the PS4. Do you know if this would control that??

Last edited by jlb2782; 02-03-2016 at 04:45 PM. Reason: add on
post #3234 of 3238 Old 02-03-2016, 06:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Quote:
Part of the reason tho was control for the PS4. Do you know if this would control that??
Nevermind about the Nevo then. Only a Harmony hub based remote will work with the PS4. May as well go ahead and give the Home a try. But realize that you could buy an IR controllable bluray player and the Nevo for less than $100. Plus a standalone player is quieter, faster and more efficient.
post #3235 of 3238 Old 02-03-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Nevermind about the Nevo then. Only a Harmony hub based remote will work with the PS4. May as well go ahead and give the Home a try. But realize that you could buy an IR controllable bluray player and the Nevo for less than $100. Plus a standalone player is quieter, faster and more efficient.
That is a good point. I guess I'll have to keep that I'm mind. Thanks for the heads up man. Appreciated!
post #3236 of 3238 Old Today, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member

My Ultimate One Stays On

My Harmony Ultimate One stay on all the time. Additionally, a very thin blue line is divided at the top of the screen and moves from the center to the edge constantly. Any ideas what could be wrong?

post #3237 of 3238 Old Today, 06:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Mine did that (stayed on all the time). I connected it to my PC and it updated and that issue went away. This was 6-8 months ago though. Might be worth a try.
49Merc likes this.
post #3238 of 3238 Old Today, 07:07 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Sounds like a button is stuck as the as the split moving blue line at the top indicates that a command(s) are being sent. Massage all of your keys
49Merc likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control