Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 109 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 84Likes

post #3241 of 3254 Old 02-08-2016, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Irishman] View Post
Of course, they all are connected to the same network, and have been since Christmas.

Any insights?
Try restarting your router; that fixed it on the couple of occasions it's happened to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 3254 Old 02-08-2016, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i cant get my harmony smart to work with my xbox one and pioneer elite sc-97. everything else works fine (ps4, epson 5020 amazon fire stick)
post #3243 of 3254 Old 02-09-2016, 05:47 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Smile Easiest way to "go back" (If I need to)

In a few weeks I will be swapping out my receiver for a new one. I realize this will mean making a lot of changes to my Harmony activities. I have spent a lot of time customizing things on my iPad app and everything is pretty close to perfect.

If my new receiver does not work out for any reason, is there a simple way to preserve all my current activities/customizations to where I could quickly revert to them if I have to go back to the old receiver? In my mind I am picturing a saved configuration file on my computer or something along those lines.

Any suggestions?

Panasonic TC-P55ST50 Plasma 55"
Oppo BDP-83 Blu Ray, Toshiba A30 HD DVD
Onkyo TX-SR608 Receiver (7.1 Config)
Klipsch R28F, RC500, RS400, RB600, SW10 Sub
SA Explorer 8300HD HD DVR
Mac Mini/PS3/Wii, Harmony Smart Hub
post #3244 of 3254 Old 02-09-2016, 06:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1793 Post(s)
Liked: 818
In the old days, I would make several Harmony accounts for testing, sharing, etc. Not sure if that's still an option with the latest software or not. It's not possible to save any Harmony config locally (one of the major reasons I don't use Harmony remotes).
post #3245 of 3254 Old 02-09-2016, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmeroman View Post
Try restarting your router; that fixed it on the couple of occasions it's happened to me.
I just tried it, and no luck.

COMING SOONFinding the Ark of the Covenant by Brian Roberts, in the iBook Store on iTunes, a new investigation into the Hebrew’s Most Sacred Relic!
post #3246 of 3254 Old 02-09-2016, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1967 View Post
In a few weeks I will be swapping out my receiver for a new one. I realize this will mean making a lot of changes to my Harmony activities. I have spent a lot of time customizing things on my iPad app and everything is pretty close to perfect.

If my new receiver does not work out for any reason, is there a simple way to preserve all my current activities/customizations to where I could quickly revert to them if I have to go back to the old receiver? In my mind I am picturing a saved configuration file on my computer or something along those lines.

Any suggestions?
Do they let us copy an activity? Maybe it was on my H1 but I feel I did that before. Copy the activity, move to the back, and delete after a period of time.
post #3247 of 3254 Old 02-09-2016, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
Do they let us copy an activity? Maybe it was on my H1 but I feel I did that before. Copy the activity, move to the back, and delete after a period of time.
I can't find any way to copy an activity. All I can suggest is to leave your old device and activities untouched and add new ones when you get the new receiver. If you have to revert, just delete the new ones.
post #3248 of 3254 Old 02-11-2016, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
In the old days, I would make several Harmony accounts for testing, sharing, etc. Not sure if that's still an option with the latest software or not. It's not possible to save any Harmony config locally (one of the major reasons I don't use Harmony remotes).
yeah, that was the gold old days. I swap equipment like some people do socks and i have to admit it is a pain in the ass to keep reprogramming the elite, but i know of no other way..
post #3249 of 3254 Old Yesterday, 08:04 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
I have an odd situation, hopefully someone can help. i have three Harmony Ultimate's each with it's own hub assigned to it. The three hubs are master bedroom (downstairs) family room (downstairs) and media room (upstairs). All three are on same network.

We watched a movie in the media room a week ago and everything was shut down and I always confirm this a second time. Last night we go into MR and the projector was on! This is the second time this has happened. The first, I didn't think anything of it, but a second time...

So, even though each hub is assigned appropriately, is it possible the remote signal from master bedroom or family room is getting mixed up with media room hub? I tested the remotes from the MBR and FR with media room set up and it doesn't work. I also tried MR remote on MBR and FR setup and nothing worked.

I am perplexed as to why this is happening and of course, am concerned of the extra hours on the projector.

Any ideas/suggestions? Thank you, in advance.
post #3250 of 3254 Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by met64 View Post
I have an odd situation, hopefully someone can help. i have three Harmony Ultimate's each with it's own hub assigned to it. The three hubs are master bedroom (downstairs) family room (downstairs) and media room (upstairs). All three are on same network.

We watched a movie in the media room a week ago and everything was shut down and I always confirm this a second time. Last night we go into MR and the projector was on! This is the second time this has happened. The first, I didn't think anything of it, but a second time...

So, even though each hub is assigned appropriately, is it possible the remote signal from master bedroom or family room is getting mixed up with media room hub? I tested the remotes from the MBR and FR with media room set up and it doesn't work. I also tried MR remote on MBR and FR setup and nothing worked.

I am perplexed as to why this is happening and of course, am concerned of the extra hours on the projector.

Its a long shot. The IR signal from the hub per Harmony is very strong and does bounce of of walls an objects to control the devices.

Out of pure curiosity. I would see if I could repeat this.

I would check all devices in the media room to verify they are off. Then go into each of the rooms where the other hubs are located. Start an activity in one of the rooms. Then go into the media room to verify that all devices are still off. Repeat in other room. Repeat media room verify all devices off.

Then each room individually again by powering off activity. Verifying that all media room is off.

If you are able to repeat this. I would close the door to the media room. Assuming there is only one door and no windows.

Repeat above process to see if any devices turn on in the media room.

Its a total long shot. Under the right conditions.

Other than closing the door to both rooms. I have a simple fix. For me I don't leave my hub powered on all the time when its not needed.

I use a simple rf remote controlled plug in wall outlet. Amazon sells them. The one I have came with one remote that controls 3 included plug in wall outlets.

I plugged one rf controlled wall outlet into my harmony hub. When I want to use the devices in the room. I turn the harmony hub on using the rf remote.

Give it a minute to connect to my wireless router. Once i'm done for the day I just power off my activity using the ipad app. Once all the devices are powered off. I close the app out. Then grab the rf remote for the wall outlet and power the hub off.

The rf controlled outlets are 10-20 bucks for a set of 3. I have 2 sets that I use to control lamps in the room. Turn my cable modem and wireless router on/off. Another to turn my wireless subwoofer power on/off and one to turn the wireless transmitter on/off

Happy Huntin and Good Luck!.

Liv Rm, Mitz 73740 DLP, Pioneer SC 1222K AVR, Pioneer BDP 150, ATV G3, Harmony Smart Control, I Pad Air, Winegard FL6550A, F L R Cerwin Vega AT-12, Cen JBL EC-35, S R L JBL CST-56, S Backs Adv Mini, F Heights JBL E-10 Angled To Reflect Off Ceiling to MLP (Modified Atmos), MBed Rm, Mitz WD65413 R Proj HDMI to DVI, Sony BDP BX6202, 2 Home Worx HW180 STB OTA Tuners with 2TB DVR, J Tech Digital JTD4KAT0301SW 3 HDMI in 1 HDMI out Audio Extractor, Bose SR1 5.1 Sound Bar, Harmony 650
post #3251 of 3254 Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by met64 View Post

Its a long shot. The IR signal from the hub per Harmony is very strong and does bounce of of walls an objects to control the devices.

I would check all devices in the media room to verify they are off. Then go into each of the rooms where the other hubs are located. Start an activity in one of the rooms. Then go into the media room to verify that all devices are still off. Repeat in other room. Repeat media room verify all devices off.

Then each room individually again by powering off activity. Verifying that all media room is off.

If you are able to repeat this. I would close the door to the media room. Assuming there is only one door and no windows.

Other than closing the door to both rooms. I have a simple fix. For me I don't leave my hub powered on all the time when its not needed.

I use a simple rf remote controlled plug in wall outlet. Amazon sells them. The one I have came with one remote that controls 3 included plug in wall outlets.

I plugged one rf controlled wall outlet into my harmony hub. When I want to use the devices in the room. I turn the harmony hub on using the rf remote.

Give it a minute to connect to my wireless router. Once i'm done for the day I just power off my activity using the ipad app. Once all the devices are powered off. I close the app out. Then grab the rf remote for the wall outlet and power the hub off.

The rf controlled outlets are 10-20 bucks for a set of 3. I have 2 sets that I use to control lamps in the room. Turn my cable modem and wireless router on/off. Another to turn my wireless subwoofer power on/off and one to turn the wireless transmitter on/off

Liv Rm, Mitz 73740 DLP, Pioneer SC 1222K AVR, Pioneer BDP 150, ATV G3, Harmony Smart Control, I Pad Air, Winegard FL6550A, F L R Cerwin Vega AT-12, Cen JBL EC-35, S R L JBL CST-56, S Backs Adv Mini, F Heights JBL E-10 Angled To Reflect Off Ceiling to MLP (Modified Atmos), MBed Rm, Mitz WD65413 R Proj HDMI to DVI, Sony BDP BX6202, 2 Home Worx HW180 STB OTA Tuners with 2TB DVR, J Tech Digital JTD4KAT0301SW 3 HDMI in 1 HDMI out Audio Extractor, Bose SR1 5.1 Sound Bar, Harmony 650
post #3252 of 3254 Old Today, 07:02 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNEWoLF View Post

Thank you, LNE WoLF for the suggestions. Will definitely give it a try.
post #3253 of 3254 Old Today, 08:38 AM

Your welcome, let us know if you are able to get it to repeat.

I forgot to mention in my previous post. That although I realise that each room and hub is programed for the devices in that room.

Sometimes device manufactuers can use the same IR control codes that are the same for other manufactuers devices.

I experience this in my master bedroom setup. My digital OTA TV tuner/DVR uses some of the same IR control codes as my HDMI switcher/audio extractor. Both devices are different manufactuers and type.

I used some HiLLBiLLY engineering and temporairy resolved this. With a piece of paper folded with percision to act as a shield to block the unwanted IR codes from powering off or changing channels, etc.

Good luck and Happy Huntin

post #3254 of 3254 Old Today, 08:38 AM

Your welcome, let us know if you are able to get it to repeat.

I forgot to mention in my previous post. That although I realise that each room and hub is programed for the devices in that room.

Sometimes device manufactuers can use the same IR control codes that are the same for other manufactuers devices.

I experience this in my master bedroom setup. My digital OTA TV tuner/DVR uses some of the same IR control codes as my HDMI switcher/audio extractor. Both devices are different manufactuers and type.

I used some HiLLBiLLY engineering and temporairy resolved this. With a piece of paper folded with percision to act as a shield to block the unwanted IR codes from powering off or changing channels, etc.

Good luck and Happy Huntin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control