Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 115 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 104Likes

Old 07-23-2016, 05:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzle01 View Post
Im having issues as well after last weeks Hub update.
I have 2 in 2 rooms. Both now do not respond for about 6 seconds. They then turn on activity. Used to be nearly instantaneous before.
You end up pressing buttons again and that creates issues when it finally responds.
If I knew how to go back to previous firmware that was working perfectly.............
Harmony Smart remote and hub (x2)
Tried to use the new Harmony Community forum for help...aaarrggh.

Bazzle
I have stoped using remote only using android device to control hub still some glitches but i dont have to reset hub several times a day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2016, 06:11 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I want to keep using the remotes. I need a way to either fix issues now introduced or go bak to previous firmware.
I still cant see where to discuss this on the new HArmony forum?
Old 07-23-2016, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Im having issues as well after last weeks Hub update.
I have 2 in 2 rooms. Both now do not respond for about 6 seconds. They then turn on activity. Used to be nearly instantaneous before.
You end up pressing buttons again and that creates issues when it finally responds.
If I knew how to go back to previous firmware that was working perfectly.............
Harmony Smart remote and hub (x2)
Tried to use the new Harmony Community forum for help...aaarrggh.

Bazzle
My Harmony smart remote recently started taking up to 30 seconds before an activity would start. If you find a fix would be great to hear. I'm too burnt out on technology and troubleshooting that I'm content to use the workaround (wait or use app).

If this is a Logitech firmware problem, it certainly lowers my trust in them a bit. It was pretty rock solid until now.

Sony XBR-65X900A | Oppo BDP-103D | UBD-K8500
Mirage OMD-28 | OMD-C2 | OMD-5 | Energy Veritas 2.0R x4
Yamaha CX-A5100 | NAD T973 x 2
SVS PB12Plus/2 | Dayton UM18-22 Sealed x2 w/ iNuke 6000DSP
Monster Power HTPS 2000
Old 07-23-2016, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmichaelh View Post
If this is a Logitech firmware problem, it certainly lowers my trust in them a bit. It was pretty rock solid until now.
Yeah. Worse thing is it was a forced update so had no choice about updating.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1355 Post(s)
Liked: 653
Quote:
I still cant see where to discuss this on the new HArmony forum?
Isn't that a bad joke? Not like the old forum was particularly easy to use, but this is absolutely useless. Maybe that was the idea, they don't really want anyone to post. .
mdavej likes this.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Harmony Ultimate Home. Friend asked if I could remove one device and add another. Was using my phone app to do all the work since friend didn't recall setting up an account (GeekSquad install a couple years ago), and it seemed to be working, but then the Harmony remote stopped responding. Tried to resync from the remote, but it got stuck in sync mode. Then tried to power it off manually, but it wouldn't power back on completely - all I got was a black screen with "Harmony" in white, with a short buzz every few minutes. It never came out of that.

One day later, I'm back to try again, but the remote died overnight since it never turned off, and now it won't hold a charge. It turns on, black screen, buzzes, and goes off shortly after. Got his account recovered to see about resync or firmware update, but since the remote won't stay on long enough to resync, I'm stuck in a rut.

Can't seem to find anything else online about this particular problem - wondering if any other users encountered a similar error?

Mr. Pibb > Dr. Pepper > Everything Else
My Fun Room!
Old 08-11-2016, 05:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaurhead View Post
Harmony Ultimate Home. Friend asked if I could remove one device and add another. Was using my phone app to do all the work since friend didn't recall setting up an account (GeekSquad install a couple years ago), and it seemed to be working, but then the Harmony remote stopped responding. Tried to resync from the remote, but it got stuck in sync mode. Then tried to power it off manually, but it wouldn't power back on completely - all I got was a black screen with "Harmony" in white, with a short buzz every few minutes. It never came out of that.

One day later, I'm back to try again, but the remote died overnight since it never turned off, and now it won't hold a charge. It turns on, black screen, buzzes, and goes off shortly after. Got his account recovered to see about resync or firmware update, but since the remote won't stay on long enough to resync, I'm stuck in a rut.

Can't seem to find anything else online about this particular problem - wondering if any other users encountered a similar error?
Try holding the off button and the ok button on the remote at the same time. Once the remote reboots and you see blank screen place it back in the charging cradle. It should complete the reboot from there. when you take it out of the charger it will resynch with the Hub. You will see it count up the percentage up to 100% and should work. If that doesn't work you can try following the reset instructions outlined in this Harmony article.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/...-harmony#touch

Good luck, JT

My set up
Marantz SR-7008, Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung UBD-K8500 Ultra 4K Blu Ray Player
Klipsch RB-81II, RC-52II, Boston Acoustics Micro 120s
Klipsch SW-310, RPW-10, Samsung UN65JS8500FXZA
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1227096
Old 08-11-2016, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have a 2 year old Harmony Ultimate remote and hub that has stopped working to control my Sony 70" KDL-70R550A. If I sync and reset, it might work for a day or two, then it stops again. All I need the remote to do for the TV is power on and off. Everything else runs fine from the remote (Marantz AV, cable box, Apple TV, and LG TV in the same room). But the Sony TV will not respond. I have an IR emitter running from the hub (in a cabinet) to the TV, so I don't think IR signal is the issue, especially given that re-syncing makes it work for a day or two.

I would appreciate any suggestions.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadshow View Post
I have a 2 year old Harmony Ultimate remote and hub that has stopped working to control my Sony 70" KDL-70R550A. If I sync and reset, it might work for a day or two, then it stops again. All I need the remote to do for the TV is power on and off. Everything else runs fine from the remote (Marantz AV, cable box, Apple TV, and LG TV in the same room). But the Sony TV will not respond. I have an IR emitter running from the hub (in a cabinet) to the TV, so I don't think IR signal is the issue, especially given that re-syncing makes it work for a day or two.

When you say your are doing a reset, are you also unplugging the hub for 30 seconds to reboot that as well. When I run into problems I reboot the remote and unplug the hub for 30 seconds and then plug it back in and let everything reconnect to the wifi and that usually puts things back in order.
Roadshow likes this.

My set up
Marantz SR-7008, Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung UBD-K8500 Ultra 4K Blu Ray Player
Klipsch RB-81II, RC-52II, Boston Acoustics Micro 120s
Klipsch SW-310, RPW-10, Samsung UN65JS8500FXZA
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1227096
Old 08-11-2016, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadshow View Post

One other thing to verify - I have had the occasional problem in the past when things 'internet related' started acting goofy when I was using my Harmony remote (i.e. - wouldn't turn on, couldn't change channels, etc.). Pulled my hair out for days trying to figure it out. For some reason one day I was checking my router to insure that it was running the latest firmware. Once I had updated the firmware on the router everything started working as it was supposed to. So my suggestion to you is insure that all of your devices are up to date.

~ Mike
Roadshow likes this.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
HomeKit App/Harmony Integration

Perhaps this is a bit off-topic, but I came across this thread when doing some troubleshooting with my Harmony, and that this small bit of shameless self promotion might have some interest here. I've been building an iOS app, named Solri (searchable in the App Store), which came out of my frustration that I had all these different apps for controlling my home automation accessories (some HomeKit, some not), and my Harmony was almost always left out. It's a simple app that integrates many accessories into one interface, lets you add them to scenes together, share control with others, and keep the device awake in case you mount your iPhone or iPad as a wall panel. Just thought this might garner some interest, I'm eager to expand to integrate other products, as well!
Old 08-12-2016, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZbadhabitZ View Post
Perhaps this is a bit off-topic, but I came across this thread when doing some troubleshooting with my Harmony, and that this small bit of shameless self promotion might have some interest here. I've been building an iOS app, named Solri (searchable in the App Store), which came out of my frustration that I had all these different apps for controlling my home automation accessories (some HomeKit, some not), and my Harmony was almost always left out. It's a simple app that integrates many accessories into one interface, lets you add them to scenes together, share control with others, and keep the device awake in case you mount your iPhone or iPad as a wall panel. Just thought this might garner some interest, I'm eager to expand to integrate other products, as well!
Just did a search for your Solri app in the Canadian Apple app store and it was not there ??
Old 08-12-2016, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Sure wish Harmony would support Wemo devices (or the other way around?)

65JS9500
Onkyo TX-SR606
Polk Audio 7.1
Old 08-12-2016, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Goat View Post
Just did a search for your Solri app in the Canadian Apple app store and it was not there ??
Thanks for replying to my post! I've only launched the app in the US, but am going to submit to Canada ASAP. As soon as it's approved by Apple, I'll let you know!
Old 08-19-2016, 12:14 PM

I would suggest you start a NEW thread for your Solri app and put the link here so others can find it.

Back to my Harmony issues.
Logitech contacted finally and asked me to re do the start delays etc.

I begrudgingly did this.
Seemed to at least make everything turn on as before.

BUT a week later, same issue. Press button on remote. No green light flash on Hub.
Waaait for it, 10 seconds later ahah.
Then works ok.
Will be ok for a day then back to the delay.
Im lost

I asked a couple of times if I could revert back to my no issues firmware but they just sidestep that request . bugger.
https://community.logitech.com/s/que...=1471634207501

Last edited by bazzle01; 08-19-2016 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Same issue here. For me It's because it is doing a sync again and again when none is needed. They need to fix this.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo View Post
Same issue here. For me It's because it is doing a sync again and again when none is needed. They need to fix this.
The newest firmware update 4.11.3 fixed it for me
Old 08-19-2016, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm still on 4.10.30, but when I try to update I don't get 4.11.3 ..... How do I get that?
Old 08-19-2016, 10:02 PM

Quote:
I'm still on 4.10.30, but when I try to update I don't get 4.11.3 ..... How do I get that?

Same here? Found under about on the ipad app.

Is there a way to select updates etc?
Old 08-20-2016, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
When you select sync. The hub will check to see if a new firmware version is available.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Issue w/ Cisco DTA-170HD & Harmony

I've had a Harmony Smart Control / Hub for quite some time and it works very well for my setup with one exception.

For some reason, I cannot get it to reliably control my Time Warner Cisco DTA-170HD cable box. 2 issues:

1) It almost never turns on the unit as part of my 'Watch TV' activity on the first try, but if I use the 'fix WatchTV' option and hit the power button in the app to try again, it'll usually power on on the first try, sometimes it takes two or three tries.

2) Channel control is wildly unreliable - entering channel numbers in the app or on the remote is a frustrating game. Often it'll recognize only certain number presses and not others, channels need to be entered very quickly, etc etc. The channel up/down buttons work reliably, but entering a number (or trying to use a favorite channel in the app) is a major problem.

Any ideas? I assume this is related to an IR delay issue or something similar, but have looked everywhere and can't find suggested IR delay settings online for this device. Anyone have a similar cable box issue? Suggestions on using the cable box's included IR receiver cable vs. the box itself?

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNEWoLF View Post
When you select sync. The hub will check to see if a new firmware version is available.
Hmm... doesnt find the one you have.
Old 08-20-2016, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNEWoLF View Post
That supposed to work, but it's not finding it. Yet anyway. How long have you had it?

Anyone else have it?
Old 08-23-2016, 02:10 AM

My latest reply from Harmony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SVHarmony (Logitech)

Hello bazzle,

My apologies for the difficulties you are experiencing. The Harmony version 4.11.3 is a beta version, which contains fixes for the Sync in progress issue and the beta team is currently testing it. I believe that user is part of the beta team. Iā€™d request you to downgrade the Harmony remote Firmware and see if that addresses your concern. Please follow the steps in the Forum post given below to downgrade the Firmware.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,
SVHarmony

If this reply addresses your concern, then please help other users by marking it as "Select as Best" and click "Like" to cheerup the contributors.

------------------------------------------

This is the forum linky
https://community.logitech.com/s/que...100005EtrPICAZ

Baz
Old 08-23-2016, 02:29 AM

OK tried to down grade on my Smart remote and Hub.

Ha ha .. only says Restore not downgrade , also restore button is greyed out..

They dont seem to understand WE OWN the remotes and hubs so should get the choice to update, downgrade etc NOT be made to!!
Old Today, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Anybody is having issue with their PS4?

I have the power setup to keep device always ON unless OFF button is pushed on the remote.
When I switch Activity, It will always turn off by having this complex preset procedure.
How can I disable that?

Also, Sometime, for some reason. If I power ON the PS4, It will switch activity automatically.
How can I disable that?

For the usage of the remote itself, The PS4 tells me the remote (bluetooth) is connected.
Sometimes the remote works, sometimes not.

I had plan to use the remote only to watch movie but I cannot trust it to work consistently.

Does Anybody has overcome these issue to work perfectly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control