Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 116 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 107Likes

post #3451 of 3466 Old 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by AROM81 View Post
Not sure if there is a solution to this...

Have used Harmony Ultimate for years controlling AVR, Foxtel, Bluray etc... in an out of sight AV rack. Great product.

Today installed a second Foxtel IQ3 box in same rack to send foxtel to a secondary room.

Installed a second Harmony Ultimate in the AV rack, so now 2 x Foxtel IQ3 and 2 x Harmony Ultimate.

The problem is each remote can't differentiate between the Foxtel boxes, if i change channel on one remote...changes channels on both boxes etc...

Anyone experience anything like this before? Thanks
The problem is both Foxtel boxes use the same IR command set so both will respond to the same command. You can check with Foxtel to see if the IR command set can be changed on one of the boxes to fix this problem. If not use the 2 Mini Blasters and assign each Mini Blaster to a separate box, be sure one box cannot se the mini blaster of the other box. You can set the mini blasters assignment in Hub Assignments, either on the Ultimate or in the MyHarmony software
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3452 of 3466 Old 09-20-2016, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 556 Post(s)
Liked: 100
A lot of the new TV's (Samsung, LG, etc) have remotes that you can point at screen and control a mouse-type cursor by pointing remote at screen.

Does anyone know if the new Harmony Ultimate will replicate this?
post #3453 of 3466 Old 09-20-2016, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyMac View Post
A lot of the new TV's (Samsung, LG, etc) have remotes that you can point at screen and control a mouse-type cursor by pointing remote at screen.

The Ultimate to my knowledge does not support this. I have a Samsung with the kind of remote that you are talking about and I haven't been able to replicate that functionality.

My set up
Marantz SR-7008, Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung UBD-K8500 Ultra 4K Blu Ray Player
Klipsch RB-81II, RC-52II, Boston Acoustics Micro 120s
Klipsch SW-310, RPW-10, Samsung UN65JS8500FXZA
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1227096
post #3454 of 3466 Old 09-20-2016, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:

You can try this............

Using the harmony app with the hub.

Once you run your in your activity.

L@@k at the two icons on the bottom of the control screen.

One is a hand the other are button symbols.

Choose the hand icon. Select the "i" to see the commands for single and two finger movements

Under two fingers, displays directional movements.

May do more?.
post #3455 of 3466 Old 09-20-2016, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

The answer to your question I think is no, but maybe it's worth adding I have one of those new LG sets (the E6) and there is really nothing that cannot very adequately be done with old-fashioned cursor controls. All menus are easy to bring up and very acceptable to navigate. I have relented and do keep the TV remote next to my Harmony but that is really so I can (occasionally) use the voice control, which I'm not sure is really necessary but does seem pretty accurate in my experience so far.
post #3456 of 3466 Old 09-20-2016, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jong1 View Post
If you have HDMI control on on any device I'd turn it off. It's only going to confuse things with Harmony also trying to control everything. I've got the 65E6 and it tried to configure itself to control my Sky box, through HDMI when I set it up. Probably the B6 did the same? I didn't spend long looking at those settings, because with the Harmony I don't need them, but it seemed to assume it was directly connected to a source. I don't know how it could work with multiple sources behind an AVR, but maybe there is a way. But it's just not needed/helpful with Harmony involved.
Switching off HDMI control on the B6 doesn't let me control the volume from the Harmony at all. It ends up adjusting the volume for the TV speakers only with the B6 remote. Switching off HDMI Control on the AVR enables control with the Harmony, but only for the TV speakers, again. So I'm stuck with HDMI/ARC unless I go Optical, methinks...

Mr. Pibb > Dr. Pepper > Everything Else
My Fun Room!
post #3457 of 3466 Old 09-20-2016, 07:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaurhead View Post
Switching off HDMI control on the B6 doesn't let me control the volume from the Harmony at all. It ends up adjusting the volume for the TV speakers only with the B6 remote. Switching off HDMI Control on the AVR enables control with the Harmony, but only for the TV speakers, again. So I'm stuck with HDMI/ARC unless I go Optical, methinks...
Assuming you have your activity correctly programmed then maybe you are right, maybe it's ARC's oddities getting in the way; I knew there was a reason I always used optical! Optical cables are dirt cheap, even at longer lengths. I'd definitely give that a go. With my E6 and a Yamaha 2060 all works perfectly using an optical return path.
Rambler358 likes this.
post #3458 of 3466 Old 09-21-2016, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 556 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
The answer to your question I think is no, but maybe it's worth adding I have one of those new LG sets (the E6) and there is really nothing that cannot very adequately be done with old-fashioned cursor controls. All menus are easy to bring up and very acceptable to navigate. I have relented and do keep the TV remote next to my Harmony but that is really so I can (occasionally) use the voice control, which I'm not sure is really necessary but does seem pretty accurate in my experience so far.

Nice TV. I just picked up E6 last weekend. It's pretty sick.
post #3459 of 3466 Old 09-21-2016, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Assuming you have your activity correctly programmed then maybe you are right, maybe it's ARC's oddities getting in the way; I knew there was a reason I always used optical! Optical cables are dirt cheap, even at longer lengths. I'd definitely give that a go. With my E6 and a Yamaha 2060 all works perfectly using an optical return path.
I was using optical in my old media room before going 4K. It's certainly getting the job done here! No more fussing with ARC's bulls***

My Fun Room!
post #3460 of 3466 Old 09-22-2016, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 1246 Post(s)
Liked: 627
Quote:
New issue I'm having after getting a new TV...

Just replaced our Vizio M60 with the LG 55B6, so obviously I switched out the devices but kept the same activities. Before, when I would "Watch TV," it would turn on the TV, then the AVR, and that was it. We streamed everything through Roku 4, which was always kept powered on.

Since the switch, we stream everything through the B6 (with the exception of HBO, which now goes through a Roku Stick). When I "watch TV" now, the LG sets to the AV input and opens up the Smart Menu. The AVR powers on just like it should, but it also unintentionally powers on the Blu Ray Player, and auto-sets the AVR to that input, too. Then the TV reads that the AVR has changed inputs and so then the B6 switches to HDMI 2 and like some gypsy magic, whatever BD happens to be in the BDP starts playing.

It fairly annoying, especially considering the BDP is NOWHERE in the list of activities outside of "Watch a Movie." The AVR is programmed to remember the last input it was powered off on (as opposed to always defaulting to BD input), and I can't do much about the CEC settings on the TV since they give me an "all or nothing" effect - like I can either use ARC or not at all.

When we had the Vizio up, the AVR would always jump to the TV input, and I'm assuming that was because the Roku was always on and ARC would give it the foremost active signal (even if I picked a different activity from startup).

I tried not using the Harmony tonight to power everything on. I used the TV remote to turn on the TV, which did NOT power on the AVR (the Vizio always would), then turned on the AVR manually, and waited. It took a little longer, but just like clockwork, the BDP woke up and actually fought with me when I tried to change the input on the AVR. I had to switch at least 3 times from BD input.

My next experiment is to remove the BDP from the Harmony altogether and see if it still acts up. If it's a BDP issue (Sony S6500), I have a Sam K8500 arriving on Wednesday. Maybe that will fix it if nothing else?

I just can't imagine this being an ARC or HDMI issue since it never seemed to be one before the LG B6 was installed. Did any of this make sense?
Turn off HDMI Control on the BD Player. Sony calls it something else, maybe Bravia Link or something like that. Not sure why the Vizio wasn't triggering it before but My Samsung set does the same thing with my BDP if I have HDMI CEC on in the bluray player. I am not familiar with the LG menus but do they have a section in there for auto on/auto off of HDMI CEC devices or something along the lines?

In my experience anytime you add a new manufacturer to the system it takes some tweaking to get the behavior you are used to.

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK3500u/za firmware version 1461
Denon AVR-X7200WA, Apple TV, UBD-K8500, PS4, Xbox One, Nvidia Sheild Pro, PC
(2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (4)RS-52IIs,, (1)RP-450CA, (4) RP-140SA, (1) SVS PB12-Plus
Emotiva XPA-100, XPA-200, Emotiva A-700
UN55KS9000 firmware 1132,Denon x4200w, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, PC,
Nvidia Shield, Klipsch G-42,(2) R-3650-W-II,(4) RSL-C34E, SVS SB-1000, UPA-200
post #3461 of 3466 Old 09-22-2016, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 1246 Post(s)
Liked: 627
Quote:
Don't turn HDMI Control off on your LG or AVR, that also turns ARC off. I turn off all Power On/Off Hdmi Control abilities in each device menu and let the Harmony control all the power on and off duties, as it should.

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK3500u/za firmware version 1461
Denon AVR-X7200WA, Apple TV, UBD-K8500, PS4, Xbox One, Nvidia Sheild Pro, PC
(2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (4)RS-52IIs,, (1)RP-450CA, (4) RP-140SA, (1) SVS PB12-Plus
Emotiva XPA-100, XPA-200, Emotiva A-700
UN55KS9000 firmware 1132,Denon x4200w, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, PC,
Nvidia Shield, Klipsch G-42,(2) R-3650-W-II,(4) RSL-C34E, SVS SB-1000, UPA-200
post #3462 of 3466 Old 09-22-2016, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Settings>general>simplink>auto power sync off.
sikclown likes this.
post #3463 of 3466 Old 09-22-2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Turn off HDMI Control on the BD Player. Sony calls it something else, maybe Bravia Link or something like that. Not sure why the Vizio wasn't triggering it before but My Samsung set does the same thing with my BDP if I have HDMI CEC on in the bluray player. I am not familiar with the LG menus but do they have a section in there for auto on/auto off of HDMI CEC devices or something along the lines?

In my experience anytime you add a new manufacturer to the system it takes some tweaking to get the behavior you are used to.
The BP wasn't a problem with power-up when the LG turned on (outside of a video signal delay that I fixed already), and it's HDMI control feature only worked with other Samsung devices I think, thus it was always off for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Don't turn HDMI Control off on your LG or AVR, that also turns ARC off. I turn off all Power On/Off Hdmi Control abilities in each device menu and let the Harmony control all the power on and off duties, as it should.
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbest View Post
Settings>general>simplink>auto power sync off.
I'd already disengaged the auto power sync on the LG while keeping HDMI CEC on - the problems persisted despite that, and only on power-up.

Thanks for your input, everyone. I'll give the HDMI Control things another go sometime soon. For now, the switch to Optical is doing the job well enough, and from what I've read, it seems like the LGB6 doesn't support anything higher than DD 5.1 via HDMI anyway. Sorry for derailing the topic!

My Fun Room!
post #3464 of 3466 Old Today, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
This is kind of off topic, but what the heck happened to Logitech's forums? I have an Ultimate and would visit the forums there from time to time. However, last I went it seems the threads are all gone and the site is pretty much unusable. Is the old style gone for good now?
post #3465 of 3466 Old Today, 07:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2041 Post(s)
Liked: 918
Yep, they nuked the old one and replaced it with a steaming pile of crap.
post #3466 of 3466 Old Today, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Yep, they nuked the old one and replaced it with a steaming pile of crap.
It really is awful. They should have just gotten rid of the site all together. It is just so useless now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page