Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 118 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 107Likes

post #3511 of 3531 Old 11-27-2016, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Has anyone had an issue with signing into harmony software to update? It keeps asking me to create a new account? I am running an Elite.

Samsung PN51D550 | Sony PS3 | Sony PS4 | Apple Ariport Express | FIOS TV and Internet | Emotiva UMC-200 | Parasound HCA2003 | Parasound HCA1500a x 2 | Samson S1000 | Berhinger BFD | Monster HTS3500 | NHT 1.5 | NHT VS2 | NHT Super Ones | SVS PC Ultra x2 | Harmony Elite | Salamander Venice 237 | Sound Anchors Cone Coasters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3512 of 3531 Old 11-27-2016, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Not here.
Earlier in the week every time I started the program, Windows 10 laptop, it asked for my PW then said it was incorrect so I clicked on "forgot pw...etc" and it would accept my PW and log in.
Several days later, I was doing a lot of tweaking as it is a new Harmony remote, it started as normal logging me in right away and is still working well.
I wonder if it is the Harmony server?
Good luck and keep us informed.

TV: Samsung 60KS8000, Rcvr: Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH, Speakers: front/Paradigm Monitor 11v5, center/Paradigm CC-290, surround/Paradigm Atom, sub/Paradigm PDR-12, DVD: Samsung BD-J5700, Remote: Logitech Harmony Ultimate Home
post #3513 of 3531 Old 11-29-2016, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Software update?

I just updated my harmony app on my iPad. When I launched it I got this message:
Support for version 3.12x will end in March of 2017. We recommend you update the software......

I am assuming they are referring to the software in the Hub?
Anyone else get this message that can clarify?

Panasonic TC-P55ST50 Plasma 55"
Oppo BDP-83 Blu Ray, Toshiba A30 HD DVD
Onkyo RZ-900 Receiver (7.1 Config)
Klipsch R28F, RC500, RS400, RB600, SW10 Sub
Cisco Explorer 8642HDC HD DVR
Mac Mini/PS3/Wii, Harmony Smart Control
post #3514 of 3531 Old 11-29-2016, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I posted this question in the logitech forum. Thought i would post it here as well (let me know if there is a different section in this forum for this question that can be better answered).
I am having trouble controlling the 2 denon receivers when using in Multi zone setup. I have a Main Denon X6200W in my basement which also houses my other entertainment devices. Using Zone 2 HDMI of this device, i am sending the pass-thru HDMI signal to my living room Denon Receiver (3808CI) using HDBASET (with bidirectional IR).

Except my Watch TV activity all are Zone 2 based. My Watch TV activity is a bit different. I have my Verizon cable box in the living room and its connected directly to the living room Denon Receiver 3808CI. Now, my issue is when i use harmony to 'Watch TV' activity, i expect only the Living room denon to turn on+the Verion Setop Box and the TV. But, what happens is my basement Denon 6200W also turns on. I guess its due to the same IR command used by both as they are same brand. I dont want this to happen.

How do i stop the Basement Denon from turning on?. Is there a way to add the Denon basement receiver via Wifi/IP based instead of IR in the harmony?. Please note that the way i talk via harmony to the Basement Denon receiver is thru a IR In dongle connected to the HDBASET Receiving Unit in the living room. There is a Transmitting HDBASET unit in the basement which has a IR Out dongle pointing at the basement Denon Receiver.
post #3515 of 3531 Old 11-30-2016, 06:32 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalasu3s View Post
I posted this question in the logitech forum. Thought i would post it here as well (let me know if there is a different section in this forum for this question that can be better answered).
I am having trouble controlling the 2 denon receivers when using in Multi zone setup. I have a Main Denon X6200W in my basement which also houses my other entertainment devices. Using Zone 2 HDMI of this device, i am sending the pass-thru HDMI signal to my living room Denon Receiver (3808CI) using HDBASET (with bidirectional IR).

Except my Watch TV activity all are Zone 2 based. My Watch TV activity is a bit different. I have my Verizon cable box in the living room and its connected directly to the living room Denon Receiver 3808CI. Now, my issue is when i use harmony to 'Watch TV' activity, i expect only the Living room denon to turn on+the Verion Setop Box and the TV. But, what happens is my basement Denon 6200W also turns on. I guess its due to the same IR command used by both as they are same brand. I dont want this to happen.

How do i stop the Basement Denon from turning on?. Is there a way to add the Denon basement receiver via Wifi/IP based instead of IR in the harmony?. Please note that the way i talk via harmony to the Basement Denon receiver is thru a IR In dongle connected to the HDBASET Receiving Unit in the living room. There is a Transmitting HDBASET unit in the basement which has a IR Out dongle pointing at the basement Denon Receiver.
I believe that Denon AVRs support multible IR Command sets, check your owners manual to find out how this can be changed on one of your AVRs, then change the command set used by your Harmony for that AVR
post #3516 of 3531 Old 11-30-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post
I believe that Denon AVRs support multible IR Command sets, check your owners manual to find out how this can be changed on one of your AVRs, then change the command set used by your Harmony for that AVR
Well, my Denon 3808CI has Device Versions and i tried setting it up, but stil no use as the power on command is transmitted to the basement receiver also.
But, someone in Logitech forum was able to help. He told to assign a specific blaster to the Basement Receiver. So i did that and isolated that Blaster and HDBASET IR dongle in a corner - so the hub doesn't leak t the dongle. Now that makes it work and my Basement Receiver doesn't turn on when I 'Watch TV'.

Another question:
Is there a way in Harmony to tell if the basement Receiver Main Zone is not active/on, then turn off the receiver completely?. As such with Zone 2 setup, it leaves the Zone 2 On. I can understand why it does (becos to avoid turning the main Zone off if the main zone is in use by someone else).
post #3517 of 3531 Old 11-30-2016, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I embarrassed to admit it, but I may have the blue-stripe battery operating my brain because I can't remember this little detail about the Harmony programming software:
Can the Harmony One be programmed using the My Harmony software?
Can the Ultimate One be programmed using the Logitech Harmony software that was packaged with the Harmony One remote?
Thanks

Please enter password to view this signature.
post #3518 of 3531 Old 11-30-2016, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 41
https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/...h-amazon-alexa

I just discovered that Alexa (e.g. Amazon Echo) can connect directly to Harmony now (was using SmartThings). One advantage is that it's easier to add a number of aliases. Apparently, this feature had been available since October.
post #3519 of 3531 Old 11-30-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
Yes..I did the other day. Not sure about the Ultimate One - i guess it should.
post #3520 of 3531 Old 11-30-2016, 02:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2068 Post(s)
Liked: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
I embarrassed to admit it, but I may have the blue-stripe battery operating my brain because I can't remember this little detail about the Harmony programming software:
Can the Ultimate One be programmed using the Logitech Harmony software that was packaged with the Harmony One remote?
Thanks
You should program both with the latest My Harmony software from the Logitech website, not with whatever came in the package with your possibly 9 year old remote. If it's old enough to have come with the 7.7 or earlier software, the Ultimate One won't work with it anyway.

Last edited by mdavej; 11-30-2016 at 02:27 PM.
post #3521 of 3531 Old 11-30-2016, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Thanks folks - much appreciated. You're right - my H1 software is v7.7.

Please enter password to view this signature.
post #3522 of 3531 Old 11-30-2016, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
You should program both with the latest My Harmony software from the Logitech website, not with whatever came in the package with your possibly 9 year old remote. If it's old enough to have come with the 7.7 or earlier software, the Ultimate One won't work with it anyway.
I've a Harmony 900 (much like the "One" but with the four colour buttons) and an Ultimate.

Obviously, I use My Harmony software with the Ultimate.

The 900 still has to use the ancient Logitech Harmony Software (V7.7). Fortunately, it still works perfectly on Windows 10. Although I think the Harmony One can use either, if I had set everything up already using LHS 7.7 I think I would probably stick with it.
post #3523 of 3531 Old 11-30-2016, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I'm using Harmony's latest software and it...the server...had my Harmony 1 info on it, from the older software, and I added my Harmony Ultimate Home remote to it as well.
In my opinion, based on over 10 years of Harmony remotes, the latest software is great and the HUH remote is also a great remote...easy to program and tweak activities, etc.

TV: Samsung 60KS8000, Rcvr: Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH, Speakers: front/Paradigm Monitor 11v5, center/Paradigm CC-290, surround/Paradigm Atom, sub/Paradigm PDR-12, DVD: Samsung BD-J5700, Remote: Logitech Harmony Ultimate Home
post #3524 of 3531 Old 12-01-2016, 01:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post
Is there a way to get this out of the box with the Harmony? I kicked one of my AVRs over to remote code 2, and managed to do a real ugly hack to load the commands onto a remote... But if there is an out of the box way to do this for the Harmony, that would be awsome.
post #3525 of 3531 Old 12-01-2016, 03:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Hello,

I used Harmony remotes before and then spent a long time with only the iphone as a remote using Roomie.

Now, I have the Smart Control kit and I really, really, like the handheld remote it comes with.

However,.... I can't imagine how to program control of the lights with it.

So far I have some activities but what I'm looking for is what buttons to use for various light controls. Looking at the remote I don't see anything particular that suggests lighting controls.

Actually... Looking at the remote I guess I will start with the color buttons (Red, Green, Yellow, Blue) ... I guess Red will be intermission lights, Blue will be Lights off, Green will be lights up and I'll figure a "scene" for yellow.

Edit - That didn't work because it doens't see my lights as a device I can assign buttons to. ??

-Brian

Last edited by Brian Hampton; 12-01-2016 at 03:11 AM.
post #3526 of 3531 Old 12-01-2016, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalasu3s View Post
Yes..I did the other day. Not sure about the Ultimate One - i guess it should.
To answer your second question the answer is no, it can only be programmed using the MyHarmony software, The Harmon y One can be programmed using either software
post #3527 of 3531 Old 12-01-2016, 09:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2068 Post(s)
Liked: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by jong1 View Post
... I think the Harmony One can use either, if I had set everything up already using LHS 7.7 I think I would probably stick with it.
It can. But MyHarmony has some advantages over 7.7 like much longer sequences and generally better UI.
post #3528 of 3531 Old 12-01-2016, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Yeah, no doubt My Harmony is better. As I said, I use it on my Ultimate.

I guess my needs are relatively simple in my kitchen and I can see no reason to ever want to move everything over from the old app. But that won't be true for all, I agree.
post #3529 of 3531 Old Today, 04:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 75
I've had the 900 remote for a long time and I recently got the Harmony Hub (no remotes, hub only) and installed the app. I'm assuming you can't rearrange the touch controls in the app... ? I absolutely hate flipping screens to get to more buttons...

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #3530 of 3531 Old Today, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post
I've had the 900 remote for a long time and I recently got the Harmony Hub (no remotes, hub only) and installed the app. I'm assuming you can't rearrange the touch controls in the app... ? I absolutely hate flipping screens to get to more buttons...
Wondering same thing here. Just got the Hub and set it up last night. using the app to control my cable box is very frustrating. Different buttons on different pages. No button for DVR, or Live. Is there anyway to rearrange or reprogram them? Same with the physical remote. Anyway to reprogram them? Missing a few essential buttons.
post #3531 of 3531 Old Today, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestreaux View Post
Wondering same thing here. Just got the Hub and set it up last night. using the app to control my cable box is very frustrating. Different buttons on different pages. No button for DVR, or Live. Is there anyway to rearrange or reprogram them? Same with the physical remote. Anyway to reprogram them? Missing a few essential buttons.
You get a lot more buttons on a tablet, at least on IOS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control