Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 126 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 129Likes

post #3751 of 3771 Old 05-03-2017, 04:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Does the Ultimate have a limit on the channel numbers? I posted a thread for this question but also adding it here. I seem to only get channels up to 999 but my cable provider has numbers up to 1699. The MyHarmony app on Logitech's website only shows up to 999 channels from my cable service and hence, so does the remote after setup. This really seems odd to me in this day and age with thousands of channels possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3752 of 3771 Old 05-05-2017, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapser View Post
Does the Ultimate have a limit on the channel numbers? I posted a thread for this question but also adding it here. I seem to only get channels up to 999 but my cable provider has numbers up to 1699. The MyHarmony app on Logitech's website only shows up to 999 channels from my cable service and hence, so does the remote after setup. This really seems odd to me in this day and age with thousands of channels possible.
All of my All of my Harmony remotes are able to handle 4 number channels, this includes my 900, One, Ultimate, Elite, & Touch

Last edited by rehaz1; 05-05-2017 at 08:31 AM.
post #3753 of 3771 Old 05-05-2017, 02:47 PM

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I can enter a 4 digit channel number without any problem. I'm talking about setting up the favorites where you only need to touch the channel icon on the touch screen to go to that channel. My cable service has channels from 1 to 1878 but the favorites setup in the MyHarmony app online only shows up to 999. I cannot select any of the higher channel numbers as a favorite. That is the issue I'm presenting here.

I will point out that I realize many of the channels repeat in several number ranges. That is also not an issue for me.

post #3754 of 3771 Old 05-06-2017, 06:58 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapser View Post
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I can enter a 4 digit channel number without any problem. I'm talking about setting up the favorites where you only need to touch the channel icon on the touch screen to go to that channel. My cable service has channels from 1 to 1878 but the favorites setup in the MyHarmony app online only shows up to 999. I cannot select any of the higher channel numbers as a favorite. That is the issue I'm presenting here.

I will point out that I realize many of the channels repeat in several number ranges. That is also not an issue for me.
Strange that you can't add 4 digit channels to your favorites. I have several of them in mine. Who's your service provider?

Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 & Emotiva XPA-5's x 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains RC64II Center RB75's Heights RS-7's Sides RS-52II's Rears
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 120" Electric Tensioned Screen
post #3755 of 3771 Old 05-06-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post
Strange that you can't add 4 digit channels to your favorites. I have several of them in mine. Who's your service provider?
I reported my issue to Logitech and they have started a resolution ticket. Apparently they need to update their database of providers and what channels are offered in my area. They said it would take 2 to 4 weeks and would contact me again when it was ready.
post #3756 of 3771 Old 05-09-2017, 07:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quick question:

I have a harmony ultimate home controlling my family room set up assigned to a specfic hub. I recently hung a tv on our outside patio and want to use Harmony ultimate to control. My question is, the line of sight for both tvs are nearly identical. Only difference, one outside. The only thing separating the two tvs is the windows in family room.

So, will the hubs get confused and control the other TV? I didn't think so, but want to know for sure. Hopefully this scenario makes sense.

Thank you,
post #3757 of 3771 Old 05-09-2017, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by met64 View Post
Quick question:

I have a harmony ultimate home controlling my family room set up assigned to a specfic hub. I recently hung a tv on our outside patio and want to use Harmony ultimate to control. My question is, the line of sight for both tvs are nearly identical. Only difference, one outside. The only thing separating the two tvs is the windows in family room.

So, will the hubs get confused and control the other TV? I didn't think so, but want to know for sure. Hopefully this scenario makes sense.

Thank you,
They shouldn't get confused as long as you didn't setup the hubs to control both tvs. Each hub will have it's own name that shouldn't be identical to the other. When you're in the Harmony app you'll have to select the appropriate hub if you want to control it via the app. If you're using Amazon Echo you can use Yonomi for individual of each hub. Without Yonomi Amazon Echo will only recognize one hub per account for voice control unless you create two separate accounts.

XBL: Stunt1on1
post #3758 of 3771 Old 05-09-2017, 03:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahard View Post
They shouldn't get confused as long as you didn't setup the hubs to control both tvs. Each hub will have it's own name that shouldn't be identical to the other. When you're in the Harmony app you'll have to select the appropriate hub if you want to control it via the app. If you're using Amazon Echo you can use Yonomi for individual of each hub. Without Yonomi Amazon Echo will only recognize one hub per account for voice control unless you create two separate accounts.

Thank you for your response. Very helpful!
post #3759 of 3771 Old 05-11-2017, 09:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Question Harmony not powering off JVC projector...

I have an Elite and Hub unit. The system will power down my projector with all but ONE activity - the Shield TV activity...I've tried multiple JVC projector codes, adding delays, changing order of power off, etc... Can't seem to get it to work with this one Activity. Afterward, it will power off if I use the "Fix" command...

Any help is greatly appreciated...thanks so much!!!

Equipment List: Theater - JVC DLA-X770R / Denon X4300H / Oppo 203 4K BD Player / Polk Audio RTiA9 Towers / Polk CSiA6 Center / Polk 65RT (6), FXi5 (2) Atmos and Surrounds / (4) Polk PSW505 12" Subs / Black Flame Painted Screen Wall / Nvidia Shield TV / Dish Hopper 3 - 4K/ XBOX One S / Harmony Elite / Echo Dot / Tripp Lite USB / Furman Conditioner / Philips Hue Lighting / Monoprice Cabling
post #3760 of 3771 Old 05-12-2017, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Try increasing the Inter-device delay for projector
Ronman79 likes this.
post #3761 of 3771 Old 05-12-2017, 10:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post
Try increasing the Inter-device delay for projector
Got it working by adding an extreme delay before starting turn off of the projector. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Equipment List: Theater - JVC DLA-X770R / Denon X4300H / Oppo 203 4K BD Player / Polk Audio RTiA9 Towers / Polk CSiA6 Center / Polk 65RT (6), FXi5 (2) Atmos and Surrounds / (4) Polk PSW505 12" Subs / Black Flame Painted Screen Wall / Nvidia Shield TV / Dish Hopper 3 - 4K/ XBOX One S / Harmony Elite / Echo Dot / Tripp Lite USB / Furman Conditioner / Philips Hue Lighting / Monoprice Cabling
post #3762 of 3771 Old 05-18-2017, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 13
A question for those using a Harmony Remote with their LG OLED65B7P (or something like it). I am using the Ultimate with hub, along with a Smart Control remote.

When you select the TV for programming, did you select TV or Smart TV? I'm wondering how it handles using the built-in apps along with ARC back to the A/V receiver.

Thanks!

LG OLED65B7P
LG UP970
Yamaha RX-V483
Apple ATV4
post #3763 of 3771 Old 06-18-2017, 03:15 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Irishman] View Post
I've been having some audio switching problems when changing Activities in my Smart Control, so I'm wanting to edit my watch DVD Activity. When I launch the Harmony app, and tap edit activities, I get a pop-up that says "your iPhone/ipad must be connected to the same Wi-FI network as your Harmony Hub to make changes to your setup".

Of course, they all are connected to the same network, and have been since Christmas.

Any insights?
Hi Irishman - I've started to get this issue. The system is working fine but if I try to edit an activity or device I get the above message - did you ever solve it?

Thanks.
post #3764 of 3771 Old 06-21-2017, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by imightbewrong View Post
Hi Irishman - I've started to get this issue. The system is working fine but if I try to edit an activity or device I get the above message - did you ever solve it?

Thanks.
I had a similar problem with using my iPhone to run the Harmony app several months ago. In my house, I have my main wireless network and a guest network. For some reason, my iPhone kept defaulting to the guest network, rather than the main wireless network that included the Harmony control.

My fix was to delete the guest network login credentials from my iPhone (see Setting>Wi-Fi). Worked like a charm. I will say, however, that the latest version of iOS seems to have fixed the issue. My guest network info is back on my iPhone and I haven't had any related Harmony app control issues.
post #3765 of 3771 Old 07-02-2017, 08:54 AM

Liked: 0
Happy 4th of July weekend everyone!
On to my question. I have a PS4 and a PC connected to my Samsung TV. Everything is run through my Denon receiver. To use the PS4 the receiver switches the input to HDMI 1, everything is fine. When I want to use the PC the receiver switches to HDMI 4. The problem is the receiver NEVER switches to 4, it switches to every input but. It's more frustrating than anything else, since I can manually set the input, but still...

So any help here? It's sort of driving me crazy.

Thanks all.
post #3766 of 3771 Old 07-02-2017, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 658 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genomecop View Post
So any help here? It's sort of driving me crazy.
Sounds like you have CEC on (or HDMI link or whatever your Denon calls it). For the remote to work 100% you need to turn that off and program the remote to do the input switching.
post #3767 of 3771 Old 07-11-2017, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I currently have a 650 and I just bought an Echo dot and it's been fun so far. I'm looking into integrating my HT with Echo/Alexa, and I think the Logitech Hub would be the easiest for me to setup since I'm already familiar (and love) my 650.

I can see the Hub + Smart Control is on sale right now for $60. And the Ultimate will go on sale tonight via Amazon Prime Day. The $60 for the Hub + Smart Control seems like a great price, since the Hub alone by itself usually goes for $80+. I was just wondering though if I would miss the extra buttons via the screen on the 650, or if the Smart Control would be able to handle my needs?

I'm also wondering if I should grab the Ultimate instead. Although to be honest I'm not digging the layout. I like the looks of the Elite more, but I unfortunately can't afford one at the moment.

Or would it be possible to use the Hub in conjunction with my existing 650? I'm assuming the answer is No, since if I use Echo/Hub to set an activity, the remote would not know about the activity and I won't be able to use the remote.

Currently I have my TV, NVidia Shield, and Denon AVR that I control via my 650. I have activities built to go to my PS4 or PS3 inputs as well.

Thanks
post #3768 of 3771 Old 07-11-2017, 12:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 836 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by needmovies View Post
I currently have a 650 and I just bought an Echo dot and it's been fun so far. I'm looking into integrating my HT with Echo/Alexa, and I think the Logitech Hub would be the easiest for me to setup since I'm already familiar (and love) my 650.

I can see the Hub + Smart Control is on sale right now for $60. And the Ultimate will go on sale tonight via Amazon Prime Day. The $60 for the Hub + Smart Control seems like a great price, since the Hub alone by itself usually goes for $80+. I was just wondering though if I would miss the extra buttons via the screen on the 650, or if the Smart Control would be able to handle my needs?

I'm also wondering if I should grab the Ultimate instead. Although to be honest I'm not digging the layout. I like the looks of the Elite more, but I unfortunately can't afford one at the moment.

Or would it be possible to use the Hub in conjunction with my existing 650? I'm assuming the answer is No, since if I use Echo/Hub to set an activity, the remote would not know about the activity and I won't be able to use the remote.

Currently I have my TV, NVidia Shield, and Denon AVR that I control via my 650. I have activities built to go to my PS4 or PS3 inputs as well.

Thanks
I can't address the specifics of your question regarding how the 650 would work, but I have the Harmony Smart Remote and Hub, used in conjunction with an Echo dot, and I am able to easily voice control my fairly complicated Home Theater setup very nicely. It took some time to figure out how to get it all configured properly, but now a simple "Alexa, turn on the Regular Blu-ray Player," or "Alexa, turn on the Roku," gets everything turned on and ready, flawlessly, even opening up the tray for disc insertion.

That $60 at Best Buy is a great deal for this.

JVC RS400, Marantz SR7010, Screen Innovations 160" 2.35:1 Screen
Front L/R: Duntech Sovereigns, each powered by a bridged Adcom GFA-555; Center JBL LSR-308
Dolby Bed (4): Wharfedale Diamond II's, Atmos (4): Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
Subwoofer: DIY 8' sub with 4 18" SI Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000
DLC Photography
post #3769 of 3771 Old 07-12-2017, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
I can't address the specifics of your question regarding how the 650 would work, but I have the Harmony Smart Remote and Hub, used in conjunction with an Echo dot, and I am able to easily voice control my fairly complicated Home Theater setup very nicely. It took some time to figure out how to get it all configured properly, but now a simple "Alexa, turn on the Regular Blu-ray Player," or "Alexa, turn on the Roku," gets everything turned on and ready, flawlessly, even opening up the tray for disc insertion.

That $60 at Best Buy is a great deal for this.

thanks. I took your advice and ordered the Smart Control + Hub for $60. should be easy enough to return to Best But if I don't like it
DLCPhoto likes this.
post #3770 of 3771 Old 07-13-2017, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I picked up the BB hub/remote deal and tested it today. I have a cheap IR extender I was hoping it would play nice with but that is not the case. I need to put the hub in my theater room to turn on the projector (IR). My IR receiver in the theater room picks up the IR signals from the hub however I get no response once they hit my extender/blasters in my rack closet. I'm wondering if I use a Xantech extender if it will solve my problems. I assumed all extenders just repeated the signals they receive but this does not appear to be the case. I am using Cat6 to extend the signal, if it matters.

Theater room has harmony hub and IR receiver. Receiver uses in-wall Cat6 to rack room. Extender hooks up to Cat6 and use blasters to equipment. The extender confirm light comes on but no change/response from equipment. Any ideas?

Edit - Turns out the issue was a finicky IR blaster (or Xbox, take your pick). I took off the red plastic casing and positioned it just right. Works fine now.

Last edited by edge928; 07-13-2017 at 08:43 PM.
post #3771 of 3771 Old 07-14-2017, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
No sound on Turn on TV Activity - Harmony Hub

Equipment is:
TV- Panny TC-P60ST60
Recv - Yamaha RX-A750
Sat - Directv HR44-700

I'm hoping this is something simple, but I'm pulling my hair out! I have an activity to turn all three on, which works, however I get no sound. If I manually power off/on the receiver, sound is good. I have rearranged the start positions of the equipment but it doesn't help. Tried to add a delay but the app won't allow it to be inserted between the device lines. I tried another activity to handle the amp but it always inserts a turn on step at the beginning. I can't just have a power off statement/activity.

Any ideas?
Thanks! Don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page