Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 127 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 130Likes

post #3781 of 3807 Old 08-25-2017, 07:42 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2279 Post(s)
Liked: 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdylan1966 View Post
Help with harmony ultimate home remote and newest Apple TV
I can't seem to pair them.
Any ideas? I've searched everywhere.
Thanks!
Don't "pair", just pick Apple TV and tell the app you don't have the original remote if it asks. Make sure ATV is line of sight with hub, blaster or remote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3782 of 3807 Old 08-26-2017, 05:38 AM
pbc
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Thought there was a harmony/Alexa thread but can't find it. For those with this integration, any idea why sometimes after telling Alexa to turn on the TV, I can say "Alexa change to channel 502", and it works fine, but others I have to say "Alexa ask harmony to change to channel 502" (or turn to channel...). Can't figure out what triggers Alexa to understand the voice command is related to harmony without having to say harmony.
post #3783 of 3807 Old 08-26-2017, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Don't "pair", just pick Apple TV and tell the app you don't have the original remote if it asks. Make sure ATV is line of sight with hub, blaster or remote.

Thanks for the reply!!!

post #3784 of 3807 Old 08-27-2017, 11:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LansdaleHokie View Post
I just bought a Sony XBR 900E, and I'm having an issue where the TV won't power on when using the "Watch TV" activity on my Harmony Ultimate. The strange thing is that the TV will power on normally when I use either of my other activites (AppleTV or Watch Blu-Ray). Additionally, if I power on the TV either through using the Sony remote, or via one of the other two activities - and then power everything off - the TV then turns on fine if I then activate the Watch TV activity. Seems like it might be a TV issue / setting but wanted to check here also in case anyone else has seen a similar issue.
When you power everything off, are you able to do that via the Harmony, or are you doing it another way? The question is really whether the Harmony knows the state of your TV.

When you turn on the AppleTV or the Blu-Ray device, the TV may be turning on because of some smart option that recognizes the presence of the signal, but the Harmony doesn't know that the TV is on. That could happen if you don't have the correct code in the Harmony for your new TV, or if you've somehow told the Harmony that the TV is always on (so it wouldn't need to ever turn it on). Or you may need to send a longer power on signal to the TV.
post #3785 of 3807 Old 08-28-2017, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie33 View Post
When you power everything off, are you able to do that via the Harmony, or are you doing it another way? The question is really whether the Harmony knows the state of your TV.

When you turn on the AppleTV or the Blu-Ray device, the TV may be turning on because of some smart option that recognizes the presence of the signal, but the Harmony doesn't know that the TV is on. That could happen if you don't have the correct code in the Harmony for your new TV, or if you've somehow told the Harmony that the TV is always on (so it wouldn't need to ever turn it on). Or you may need to send a longer power on signal to the TV.
Once everything is on - regardless of activity, and having used the Sony remote to power the TV on - using the Harmony to power everything off works as expected. A single button press of the OFF button shuts everything down

I can assure you that the TV is NOT turning on at all regardless of activity. I know this because the little LED light at the bottom edge of the screen turns on / off when the TV is powered on / off. The LED light is off and remains off until I power on the TV with the Sony remote.

I have even added a manually learned code from the Sony remote and renamed it PWR (since Power is already pre-programmed), and added it after a 1 second delay at the end of the Power On sequence, and it's still not working.

How exactly would I send a "longer power on signal to the TV"?

Mancave: UN46D7000, Onkyo 818, Mirage OMD-C1, OMD-5 (2), HSU STF-2, PS3, , PS4, XBox360, Wii, FiOS

Den: Sony XBR-65X900E, Onkyo 709, Polk RC85i (3), Polk PSW10, FiOS, AppleTV v3
post #3786 of 3807 Old 08-28-2017, 07:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Once everything is on - regardless of activity, and having used the Sony remote to power the TV on - using the Harmony to power everything off works as expected. A single button press of the OFF button shuts everything down

I can assure you that the TV is NOT turning on at all regardless of activity. I know this because the little LED light at the bottom edge of the screen turns on / off when the TV is powered on / off. The LED light is off and remains off until I power on the TV with the Sony remote.

I have even added a manually learned code from the Sony remote and renamed it PWR (since Power is already pre-programmed), and added it after a 1 second delay at the end of the Power On sequence, and it's still not working.

How exactly would I send a "longer power on signal to the TV"?
In your Harmony software, go to Devices, select your TV, then select Change Device Settings. Follow the instructions there. I think that will give you the option.
post #3787 of 3807 Old 08-28-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
In your Harmony software, go to Devices, select your TV, then select Change Device Settings. Follow the instructions there. I think that will give you the option.
okay - i see the option there. I will start by adding a 2 sec power on command and see if that does the trick. Will have to wait until the morning. Thanks for the help thus far, though.

Mancave: UN46D7000, Onkyo 818, Mirage OMD-C1, OMD-5 (2), HSU STF-2, PS3, , PS4, XBox360, Wii, FiOS

post #3788 of 3807 Old 08-28-2017, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I have 2 harmony hubs in my house. I know how to easily switch hubs with the app on my iPhone. I cannot find the setting to change hubs with my 915-000237 remote. Anyone know how?

If I cannot do that can I take the remote from hub number 1 and use it solely on hub number 2. Then let others use the app on hub number 1 and then purchase another remote later down the road for hub #1

Last edited by -shadow-; 08-29-2017 at 07:45 AM.
post #3789 of 3807 Old 08-29-2017, 08:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by -shadow- View Post
I have 2 harmony hubs in my house. I know how to easily switch hubs with the app on my iPhone. I cannot find the setting to change hubs with my 915-000237 remote. Anyone know how?

If I cannot do that can I take the remote from hub number 1 and use it solely on hub number 2. Then let others use the app on hub number 1 and then purchase another remote later down the road for hub #1
To my knowledge the physical remote can only be assigned to one Hub at a time.

My set up
Marantz SR-7008, Emotiva XPA-3
Sony UBP-X800 Ultra 4K Blu Ray Player, Harmony Ultimate Remote
Klipsch RB-81II, RC-52II, Boston Acoustics Micro 120s
Klipsch SW-310, RPW-10, Samsung UN65JS8500FXZA
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1227096
post #3790 of 3807 Old 08-29-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
okay still not working. I went into the settings for the TV, chose Change Device Settings, then Power Settings. When asked "Do you want to leave your XBR powered on all the time?", i chose the option I want to turn off this device when not in use. On the next page I chose "I press the same button for on and off". When prompted to add a command, i chose the manually added and renamed PWR command that I forced the Remote to learn via the eye on the back of the remote, and set it for 2 seconds. Same result on all 3 activities. TV won't turn on.

further updates / test results:

I tried the following scenarios through the Power Settings option for the TV:

1 - used the Power Toggle command with no delay before it
2 - used the Power Toggle command with a 500ms delay before it
3 - used the Power On (native command) with no delay
4 - used the Power On (native command) with 500ms delay
5 - used the PWR (manually learned command) with no delay
6 - used the PWR (manually learned command) with 500ms delay

I even went so far as only having one of my inputs connected to the TV, and through all of these scenarios the TV just flat out will not turn on using the Logitech.

Just so i'm crystal clear on this - when i'm updating my Ultimate on the myharmony desktop app, I should be making the updates in the REMOTE, not the HUB, correct?

Last edited by LansdaleHokie; 08-29-2017 at 09:50 AM.
post #3791 of 3807 Old 08-29-2017, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
I just bought a Sony XBR 900E, and I'm having an issue where the TV won't power on when using the "Watch TV" activity on my Harmony Ultimate. The strange thing is that the TV will power on normally when I use either of my other activites (AppleTV or Watch Blu-Ray). Additionally, if I power on the TV either through using the Sony remote, or via one of the other two activities - and then power everything off - the TV then turns on fine if I then activate the Watch TV activity. Seems like it might be a TV issue / setting but wanted to check here also in case anyone else has seen a similar issue.
Try increasing the nInter-Device delay for the TV, that activity may require the the TV inter-device delay is set too low. Does using Help fix the problem, if it does then the Inter-Device delay needs to be increased.
post #3792 of 3807 Old 08-29-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post
Try increasing the nInter-Device delay for the TV, that activity may require the the TV inter-device delay is set too low. Does using Help fix the problem, if it does then the Inter-Device delay needs to be increased.
using Help on the Logitech doesn't solve the problem.

Edit - I just setup a new activity that ONLY uses the Sony TV. Sync'ed it to my remote, and when i selected the activity from the remote, nothing happened. The remote asked me if everything turned on correctly, and I said no. It then gave me this message:

"Make sure the harmony Hub or a mini blaster is positioned close to your device".

Why would I need either of those to be close to the TV? My previous TV didn't need it setup this way.

Last edited by LansdaleHokie; 08-31-2017 at 11:21 AM.
post #3793 of 3807 Old 09-01-2017, 05:14 AM

I seem to have fixed my issue for now. I deleted everything off of the remote - activities and devices. I then re-added everything and it still wouldn't work. I then went into the TV power settings and added a 2000ms delay and then the PowerToggle command and set that for 2 seconds in duration. Seems to be working fine now.

I'm guessing something must have gone haywire when I originally added the 900E.

Thanks for all your help.

EDIT - well this didn't resolve all the issues. I guess the stock Power command built into the Logitech doesn't work properly and since I can't move the Manually added PowerToggle command earlier in the string of commands, I will have to keep switching inputs on the TV if I previously was watching a movie, turn everything off, and then come back and want to do a different activity. Hopefully there is some way to get the standard power command to work?

Last edited by LansdaleHokie; 09-01-2017 at 10:07 AM.
post #3794 of 3807 Old 09-04-2017, 05:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 19
On my xbr my power command uses two different buttons.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jeff
post #3795 of 3807 Old 09-27-2017, 08:43 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I've just added a PS3 to my Harmony Elite setup. It initially seemed to work fine, but every day the remote loses Bluetooth connection to the PS3 and I have to go through the pairing procedure again. That in itself wouldn't be to much of a pain, but the only way I can get the devices to recognise that I am attempting to pair is by unplgging the hub and restarting it, at which point the pairing takes place immediately.

Any idea what could cause this?
post #3796 of 3807 Old 09-27-2017, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmeroman View Post
I've just added a PS3 to my Harmony Elite setup. It initially seemed to work fine, but every day the remote loses Bluetooth connection to the PS3 and I have to go through the pairing procedure again. That in itself wouldn't be to much of a pain, but the only way I can get the devices to recognise that I am attempting to pair is by unplgging the hub and restarting it, at which point the pairing takes place immediately.

Any idea what could cause this?

Mine used to do that but a hub firmware update fixed it, are you sure yours is up to date? The hub updates always seem a little hidden, have to go looking and force them to update.
post #3797 of 3807 Old 09-28-2017, 02:46 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Yes the hub is up to date (v4.13.100). Come to think of it, the app on my iPad started behaving strangely after the hub upgrade; a couple of buttons moved and another disappeared and buttons lose responsiveness (holding the down arrow no longes moves through the list of recordings on my sky box) and I have to close and restart the app several times a day to restore functionality.
post #3798 of 3807 Old 09-30-2017, 04:01 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 179
So i got the new AppleTV 4K this week and wanted to add this to my Harmony activities. I found a device called "Apple TV 4K/4th generation". I assume this is the right device to add?
The problem i have noticed is that when i close my activities involving the ATV 4K, it doesn`t appear to be shut off. I can still see the little power light on the front panel of the device. Does this mean that the device is in standby mode or can i shut it off completely somehow?
Right now, the small power light has gone out so i guess it`s completely shut off now. I wish there was a on/off switch on the ATV like most other devices.

Can someone explain how this works and if i have to change anything in my Harmony settings to make the power light shut off. Or can i simply let it be and let the device shut off by itself?
post #3799 of 3807 Old 09-30-2017, 09:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1519 Post(s)
Liked: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakeApples View Post
So i got the new AppleTV 4K this week and wanted to add this to my Harmony activities. I found a device called "Apple TV 4K/4th generation". I assume this is the right device to add?
The problem i have noticed is that when i close my activities involving the ATV 4K, it doesn`t appear to be shut off. I can still see the little power light on the front panel of the device. Does this mean that the device is in standby mode or can i shut it off completely somehow?
Right now, the small power light has gone out so i guess it`s completely shut off now. I wish there was a on/off switch on the ATV like most other devices.

Can someone explain how this works and if i have to change anything in my Harmony settings to make the power light shut off. Or can i simply let it be and let the device shut off by itself?
You can let it be. By default the ATV goes to sleep after an hour of inactivity.

LG OLED 65C7P, Denon AVR-X7200WA, Apple TV, Oppo UDP-203, PS4, Xbox One
Nvidia Sheild Pro, HTPC, (2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (4)RS-52IIs,, (1)RP-450CA,
(4) RP-140SA, SVS PB12-Plus, Emotiva XPA-100, XPA-200, Emotiva A-700
UN55KS9000, Denon x4200w, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, HTPC,
Nvidia Shield, Klipsch G-42,(2) R-3650-W-II,(4) RSL-C34E, SVS SB-1000, UPA-200
post #3800 of 3807 Old 10-03-2017, 03:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 650 Post(s)
Liked: 353
in thinking of buying a harmony elite, but can anyone tell me if the lyngdorf mp-50 is supported?
post #3801 of 3807 Old 10-03-2017, 04:14 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2279 Post(s)
Liked: 992
Look it up on logitech’s device compatibility page.
post #3802 of 3807 Old 10-04-2017, 04:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 650 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Look it up on logitech’s device compatibility page.
thanks - unfortunately not in there yet.

Do you know ho to convert NEC to Hex? I emailed Lyngdorf for the IR commands and they sent me this:

IR CODES / NEC Protocol

Description Value
Setup 0x37CA, 0x0BF4
Power Togle 0x37CA, 0x0CF3
Power On 0x37CA 0x807F
Power Off 0x37CA 0x817E
Info 0x37CA, 0x0DF2
Previous 0x37CA, 0x0EF1
Play_Pause 0x37CA, 0x0FF0
Next 0x37CA, 0x10EF
Up 0x37CA, 0x11EE
Left 0x37CA, 0x12ED
OK 0x37CA, 0x13EC
Right 0x37CA, 0x14EB
Down 0x37CA, 0x15EA
Back 0x37CA, 0x16E9
Menu 0x37CA, 0x17E8
SRC 0x37CA, 0x18E7
Vol+ 0x37CA, 0x19E6
SRC+ 0x37CA, 0x1AE5
Vol- 0x37CA, 0x1BE4
Mute 0x37CA, 0x1CE3
SRC- 0x37CA, 0x1DE2

Selling in AVS Classifieds
Salk Songtower RT (RAAL)
URC MX-880 Remotes

post #3803 of 3807 Old 10-04-2017, 06:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked: 241
You can send it to Logitech and they'll add them. Just use the Logitech customer support request page.

I've done that and they've been pretty quick to respond, like at most one day.
madhuski likes this.
post #3804 of 3807 Old 10-05-2017, 05:57 AM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Not sure if this is best here, but wanted to ask peoples setup.

I have a Vizio P65-C1, Denon x2200 and various devices (ATV4K, Xbox One S). I am wondering the best order for the tv/receiver to not experience HDMI handshake issues when selecting harmony activities (Harmony Ultimate with Hub)?

Would it be TV -> Receiver -> Device or Receiver -> TV -> Device?

Also, is their a recommended delay or is that more related to the travel distance between devices through HDMI? My exact setup is below:

Apple TV 4K (3' Silverback S6 HDMI) -> Denon x2200 (CBL/STB) -> 15' Silverback S6 HDMI -> Vizio P (HDMI1)
XBox One S (3' Xbox HDMI) -> Denon x2200 (DVD) -> 15' Silverback S6 HDMI -> Vizio P (HDMI1)

On occasion I get green screens when switching devices and have to reboot stuff. Just wondering what the best order and delay setup would be or what people have found most successful?

Vizio P65-C1 (2016 - Dolby Vision/HDR10)
Denon AVR-X2200W
Klipsch Quintet III's + Klipsch R-12SW 5.1
Apple TV 4K | XBox One S | HDHomeRun Prime w/ FiOS
Silverback S6 HDMI Cables
post #3805 of 3807 Old 10-05-2017, 06:41 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I've used Harmony remotes for years and a couple months ago I bought the Smart Control
https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Harm.../dp/B00BQ5RYI4

My question is does Logitech sell a separate remote like say the 550/650 that works with the Hub like the small remote the hub came with? The small remote is ok, but I don't like the Activity button set up, meaning you have to short press or long press the top buttons to enter an activity. Also it doesn't offer a help button. My family liked the way our previous Harmony had dedicated Activity buttons and also a help button if someone hit the wrong button the Harmony would correct the error.

Seems all I can find is remotes that are way out of our budget that may work with the Hub ($200+). Would love to find something under $100 that would tie in with the Hub that offers the layout of the 550/650 style remotes.

Thoughts?
post #3806 of 3807 Old 10-05-2017, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Sorry, I have done some searches and didn't find the answer. I haven't skimmed the thread because this remote is driving me nuts.

I have an Ultimate that has been working fine for a long time.

My problem is that when I try and control my PC (which has been working for a long time) I get the following message on the remote: You have to use the Harmony App to pair this device. I use IR to control my PC

Today I was customizing some buttons and fixing some lights. I came across the option to use my phone as a BT keyboard via the app. So I connected it to my HTPC. I think this is where the problem began.

I have done all the resets and reboots I could find on Harmony's site.

With the app I then tried to add a Windows computer per their instructions and create a new activity. Even with BT turned OFF on my PC the Harmony only wants to connect via BT. It does not give me the opportunity to skip.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this? I just want to go back to using good ol' IR for controlling my PC. I would like to keep my old activity because I have really custimized the buttons but if I have to start over I will.

Thanks.
post #3807 of 3807 Old 10-10-2017, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Sorry if this has been covered already. Just set up IP Control of my Sony 65A1E with the Harmony Hub/Ultimate remote. Every time I change the volume, the Sony displays the input, for example "HDMI 1" (audio comes from my Pio AVR that is controlled via IR).

I had this same problem earlier when the TV was controlled via IR, but fixed it by isolating the IR output for the AVR where it couldn't reach the TV sensor.

It seems this is now IP related because it occurs even when I cover the TV sensor with my hand. Under Remote and Hub Assignments, the Sony TV is greyed out and is locked at "Hub and IR Blasters" - normal behavior when IP control is activated?

Volume up/down on Pioneer = display input on Sony??

Any input appreciated! (edit: no pun intended )

Sony XBR-65A1E
Pioneer LX-81 (Euro)
Oppo UDP-203
Pioneer S-81K floor speakers
Pioneer S-LX70 series surround speakers (5.0)
Pioneer S-81W-MK Subwoofer

Last edited by Couch Viking; 10-10-2017 at 07:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page