7Likes

post #991 of 2208 Old 11-09-2013, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorVideo View Post

From what I have heard, even if your components are on separate shelves, as long as they are in the same cabinet, the IR from the hab will reach all the components, as the signal bounces all around the inside of the cabinet. My components are in several separate cabinets in an entertainment center, but all have glass doors, so I positioned my hub directly across the room, and it works great.

Thanks for the info DoctorVideo.

Also someone on the Logitech forum mentioned these http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/6230?crid=1052 IR extender cables. I guess I can try the mini blasters and if they don't work I'll buy the extender cables.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 2208 Old 11-09-2013, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Try Holding down the off and menu button which does a hard reset,then re sync it
post #993 of 2208 Old 11-10-2013, 08:17 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Does anyone know if the Smart Control will work with the new PS4 and does my 900 become a paperweight until logitech issue a new adapter?
post #994 of 2208 Old 11-10-2013, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
By the way....the latest firmware gives additional control for Hue lights....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #995 of 2208 Old 11-11-2013, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by insync44 View Post

Does anyone know if the Smart Control will work with the new PS4 and does my 900 become a paperweight until logitech issue a new adapter?
Presently, no Harmony remote is designed to work with the new PS4
post #996 of 2208 Old 11-11-2013, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda View Post

I sent off a request to Logitech support but figured I'd post here in case anyone else has seen this happen...

I picked up my Ultimate off the cradle and the touchscreen was moving from screen to screen as if ghostly fingers were touching buttons. It wouldn't listen to my actual physical touches but kept flashing through screens.

I tried unplugging the hub and the remote stopped displaying the "unable to communicate with hub" screen. When I plugged the hub back in it resumed it's mad, possessed, behavior.

Next I tried rebooting the remote by holding down the Off button but the problem began again.

I'm suspecting something has gone wrong in the touch screen hardware but I'm hoping there is some sort of reset or recalibration procedure which might do the trick.

Anyone seen this happen?

Hi Linda

You may also want to try a factory reset on your remote - this is the same procedure as a remote reset but holding the Off and Menu buttons pressed. You will need to resync your remote once this is done.

Good luck!

post #997 of 2208 Old 11-11-2013, 09:12 AM

Regarding PS4 and Xbox One control, I believe we reached out to Sony and Microsoft to better understand how their new consoles would work, and haven't heard back yet.

..but rest assured that if these consoles remain Bluetooth or IR controlled, we'll support them once we figure out the commands they use.

post #998 of 2208 Old 11-12-2013, 08:29 AM

Liked: 11
I know from the excellent FAQ that the RF is good, but doesn't work reliably between floors.

I think the answer to this is no...but...

Is it possible for the ultimate to talk to the hub via WIFI instead of RF? Essentially, I'm looking for the range of wi-fi (which I could achieve from the iphone app), but I need physical buttons. (or more correctly, my wife needs a remote with physical buttons).

any thoughts? If harmony isn't the way to go with this, other suggestions are welcomed!

Additional background...9 year apartment dwelling harmony user moving to a new house and acheiving his dream of whole house distributed AV from a beautiful rack in the basement ;-)
post #999 of 2208 Old 11-12-2013, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootss View Post

I know from the excellent FAQ that the RF is good, but doesn't work reliably between floors.

I think the answer to this is no...but...

Is it possible for the ultimate to talk to the hub via WIFI instead of RF? Essentially, I'm looking for the range of wi-fi (which I could achieve from the iphone app), but I need physical buttons. (or more correctly, my wife needs a remote with physical buttons).

any thoughts? If harmony isn't the way to go with this, other suggestions are welcomed!

Additional background...9 year apartment dwelling harmony user moving to a new house and acheiving his dream of whole house distributed AV from a beautiful rack in the basement ;-)

Do you have any CAT5 run or is it possible to run some? If so, then you could place the hub upstairs and use CAT5 to run emitters down to the rack.

Placing the Hub downstairs might work, it just depends on your arrangement. For instance I would bet that if the hub was located directly below the room you were using the remote in it would be fine. I have a two story house, no basement, and the hub is placed in an enclosed steel rack on the second floor over the garage. So when I go downstairs and try to use the remote I'm pretty far from the hub and going through a number of obstacles.

Download my IR hex codes for the Denon AVR-4810ci and other Denon receivers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
For Logitech Harmony support, ask Logitech for the Denon receiver in the account kmickunas.

post #1000 of 2208 Old 11-12-2013, 09:35 AM

Edited to correct typos

Hello everyone

As of this morning PST, a new Harmony app is available on the Apple Store and Google Play. This new version requires (and will push) a new firmware update (v3.4) onto your hub.

Harmony App v3.0 for iOS and Android

Tablet version
Tablet support now provides a dual pane view of Activity controls
Support for portrait and landscape orientation

Hue
Discover and pair with hue bridges from the Settings menu
Control lights individually or in groups
Adjust individual bulb brightness and color temperature
Added the ability to customize the behavior of a long-press on the bulb button.

Misc
Harmony Ultimate users can now also access and edit device, Activity, Favorites and other settings from the Harmony app (previously Smart Control only)
Activity icons customized on MyHarmony now appear in the app
Screen dims to save battery when Auto-lock is disabled.
Fixed general bugs

Enjoy!

Sylvain

post #1001 of 2208 Old 11-12-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Mickunas View Post

Do you have any CAT5 run or is it possible to run some? If so, then you could place the hub upstairs and use CAT5 to run emitters down to the rack.

Yes! That could be a good solution. Thank you!

You also made me realize another possibility...

As of now, I'm thinking about using a hdmi matrix over ethernet to bring hdmi to the TVs. This Octava (http://www.octavainc.com/HDMI_Matrix_HDbaseT_HD4xSTPMX_over%20CAT6.html) will retransmit IR. So perhaps I can just use the harmony over IR only, with those signals being retransmitted over the octava to the rack in the basement.
post #1002 of 2208 Old 11-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post

Hello everyone

As of this morning PST, a new Harmony app is available on the Apple Store and Google Play. This new version requires (and will push) a new firmware update (v3.4) onto your hub.

Harmony App v3.0 for iOS and Androis

Tablet version
Tablet support now provides a dual pane view of Activity controls
Support for portrait and landscape orientation

Hue
Discover and pair with hue bridges from the Settings menu
Control lights individually or in groups
Adjust individual bulb brightness and color temperature
Added the ability to customize the behavior of a long-press on the bulb button.

Misc
Harmony Ultimate users can now also access and edit device, Activity, Favorites and other settings from the Harmony app (previously Smart Control only)
Activity icons customized on MyHarmony now appear in the app
Screen dims to save battery when Auto-lock is disabled.
Fixed general bugs

Enjoy!

Sylvain

Thank you Sylvain!

My meager set up

post #1003 of 2208 Old 11-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 50
Sylvain the updates to the IOS for the iPad is much better... Thanks

My meager set up

post #1004 of 2208 Old 11-14-2013, 04:46 PM

Anyone else have a problem with the remote not working for about 5 minutes or so when you first turn on your TV? It's not because the components need to warm up. I never had this problem before I bought the remote. It looks like the hub is getting the signal (it's flashing), but the channel won't change and all of the other buttons except for the power and volume don't work or if they do work, they don't send a strong signal. So, instead of changing the channel to 1602, I end up on channel 6 or 1.

Help!
post #1005 of 2208 Old 11-14-2013, 10:29 PM

This might not be the thread for this question but here goes.

What is the deal with the device limits on Harmony remotes?

I can understand device limits if the remote has a physical button to switch devices but the Harmony remotes all have a display so there is no issue to switch devices on the screen.

So is there a memory consideration or is it an artificial limitation to buy a more expensive remote to be able to control additional devices? What if someone needs to control 16 devices? Are they SOL?

All this being said, I just ordered a Harmony Ultimate. Woo Hoo!
post #1006 of 2208 Old 11-15-2013, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangothehuman View Post

Anyone else have a problem with the remote not working for about 5 minutes or so when you first turn on your TV?

If you have the hub programmed with a start up delay for your TV of 300 seconds, then it will hold off sending any i/r commands to that device until this time has elapsed.

=> Change the start up delay of the device in question to something more appropriate (for example my Sony TV needs a delay of about 15 seconds before it is able to accept i/r commands).
post #1007 of 2208 Old 11-15-2013, 01:45 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcoupe View Post

I can understand device limits if the remote has a physical button to switch devices but the Harmony remotes all have a display so there is no issue to switch devices on the screen.

So is there a memory consideration or is it an artificial limitation to buy a more expensive remote to be able to control additional devices? What if someone needs to control 16 devices? Are they SOL?

Just a thought, but I think that Harmony's thinking is that if their low-end remotes control so many devices, then why would the customer need to move up to their high-end remotes.....

post #1008 of 2208 Old 11-15-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcoupe View Post

The Harmony Smart remote can only do 6 devices because the remote only has 3 source buttons (3 + 3 Long press), so that makes sense to me. For the other ones, I'm sure it's because they want you to buy a nicer one because the hub seems to be the same with all of them.
post #1009 of 2208 Old 11-15-2013, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 352
The limit is artificial for the reason above.

post #1010 of 2208 Old 11-15-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfred View Post

Just a thought, but I think that Harmony's thinking is that if their low-end remotes control so many devices, then why would the customer need to move up to their high-end remotes.....

I'm only at 8 devices right now but I still bought the Ultimate for the features.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

The limit is artificial for the reason above.

I'm OK with that but I was just curious.

I guess they have to set a limit and 15 is pretty high but I like 25 better. LOL wink.gif
post #1011 of 2208 Old 11-16-2013, 07:27 AM

I just picked one of these up for my bedroom. My TV is wall mounted and my cable box and DVD player are in the closet behind the TV. My question is where do I place the hub and IR boosters (and do I need both boosters)? Pic attached.
post #1012 of 2208 Old 11-16-2013, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfwolf View Post

I just picked one of these up for my bedroom. My TV is wall mounted and my cable box and DVD player are in the closet behind the TV. My question is where do I place the hub and IR boosters (and do I need both boosters)? Pic attached.

Since the components appear to be on an open shelf, I would just place the hub directly across from the cabinet. No boosters needed.
post #1013 of 2208 Old 11-16-2013, 08:07 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. What about for the TV since it's in the open ? Do I need a blaster/booster for that?
post #1014 of 2208 Old 11-16-2013, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfwolf View Post

Thanks for the quick reply. What about for the TV since it's in the open ? Do I need a blaster/booster for that?
Whoops, I forgot about the TV. Yes, you'll need to run a blaster out to the TV.
post #1015 of 2208 Old 11-16-2013, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
If you are using the Ultimate it is also possible to use its inbuilt IR for the TV. You will need to manually set the remote to use IR instead of the hub for that device.

On the other hand, if you can use a blaster it is good because you no longer need to worry about pointing the remote at the TV, which can be a pain especially with the long power on times of some modern smart TVs.

The blasters are strong, you may well not need to aim at the TV. I ran mine through the same hole in the wall as all the other cables to the TV and mounted the blaster on the wall just under the TV. The signal bounces off the walls and back to the TV perfectly.
post #1016 of 2208 Old 11-16-2013, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangothehuman View Post

Anyone else have a problem with the remote not working for about 5 minutes or so when you first turn on your TV? It's not because the components need to warm up. I never had this problem before I bought the remote. It looks like the hub is getting the signal (it's flashing), but the channel won't change and all of the other buttons except for the power and volume don't work or if they do work, they don't send a strong signal. So, instead of changing the channel to 1602, I end up on channel 6 or 1.

Help!

I have experienced something similar. I just "recovered" the remote and hub which seemed to fix it. Recovering basically re-sends the remote program and overwrites the bad program on the remote. Doing this fixed my projector's power issues and not being able to control the projector in general.
post #1017 of 2208 Old 11-17-2013, 06:24 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sragona View Post

The Harmony Smart remote can only do 6 devices because the remote only has 3 source buttons (3 + 3 Long press), so that makes sense to me. For the other ones, I'm sure it's because they want you to buy a nicer one because the hub seems to be the same with all of them.
The Device limit isn't tied to the number of Activities it can preform. My Smart Control remote has 8 devices with 6 Activities
post #1018 of 2208 Old 11-17-2013, 08:57 AM

So here is a big question for you guys. I have a 900 still sealed in a box. I`m almost done setting my living room AV system and was going to setup 900. I started reading about the Harmony Ultimate and now having doubts if I should go with that instead of the 900, or just get a hub in addition to 900(for iOS/Android control). Here is my setup so far, Yamaha v671, Samsung SmartTV, Samsung smart BD-Player , FIOS STB, RPi OpeneElec (controlled via HDMI-CEC from AMP), GTV revue (mostly not used, wish it had more functionality like hub or does it ?), Roku 2 XS, Wii (very rarely used), insteon (ir link for lights control). I add devices to test from time to time, WDTV, AppleTV etc... I used multiple Harmony remotes before. So the question is should I just get ultimate and skip 900 or should I install 900 and add hub maybe with the smart control as a simple remote for the iOS/Android control ? Any feedback is appreciated !
post #1019 of 2208 Old 11-17-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post

The Device limit isn't tied to the number of Activities it can preform. My Smart Control remote has 8 devices with 6 Activities

You're right, I guess I misread the OP as "activities" instead of "devices"...
post #1020 of 2208 Old 11-17-2013, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 352
The 900 is incompatible with the hub.

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page