4Likes

post #1081 of 2175 Old 11-30-2013, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post

You can't do much with the setup in MyHarmony.com until you attach the remote to your PC or Mac

Of course not
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 2175 Old 11-30-2013, 12:57 PM

I understand that when you set up an "activity" you are using device models from the data base. So if you want to set up "Watch TV" and you have inputed (1) your TV brand/model (2) Satellite brand/model (3) AV Receiver brand/model...how do you program in the correct inputs (IR codes) for the TV and AV receiver?

When you input the brand/model of a device, say the TV does the Ultimate then direct you to a page, either on the remote or myharmany.com, that will then allow you to select a "button" to add to a macro string? For example, how to you tell the Ultimate what HDMI port to use to watch TV?
post #1083 of 2175 Old 11-30-2013, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post

I understand that when you set up an "activity" you are using device models from the data base. So if you want to set up "Watch TV" and you have inputed (1) your TV brand/model (2) Satellite brand/model (3) AV Receiver brand/model...how do you program in the correct inputs (IR codes) for the TV and AV receiver?

When you input the brand/model of a device, say the TV does the Ultimate then direct you to a page, either on the remote or myharmany.com, that will then allow you to select a "button" to add to a macro string? For example, how to you tell the Ultimate what HDMI port to use to watch TV?

Yes, that's part of setting up your activities. After you add your devices, you setup each activity. During activity setup, you are asked which device controls volume, channels, which input your tv should be on and which input your receiver should be on. These commands then get sent when starting the activity. It's fairy simple.
post #1084 of 2175 Old 11-30-2013, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

It is more wizard based than that. The Harmony database is actually quite large so you should be able to select the commands you need right from the interface. Rather than creating a free-form macro, it will step you through making selections about what should be on and off for each activity, how to turn devices on/off, etc..

It really is a very different paradigm than the Pronto was. Instead of getting a blank slate and getting to do whatever you want with it, you are getting pretty functional remote out of the box with some ability to customize it. The advantage is that it is far easier to setup a Harmony remote, even if you have limited experience or knowledge of logic. The disadvantage is that you can only go so far outside of the way Harmony does things.
post #1085 of 2175 Old 11-30-2013, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Mike, I wasn't quite sure what you were getting at when you were talking about IR codes. I thought maybe you had some very special cases where some rare codes had to be imported. As others have said, Harmony's database is huge and likely has all the codes you'll need. You don't have to worry about any programming details really. The wizard asks what inputs to use for each activity and does the programming for you.

If you're concerned about missing codes, and your pronto still works, you could just use it to teach your harmony. I use a cheap JP1 remote to teach my harmony, since, like a pronto, it can send every possible code for every possible device. But I very rarely have to resort to that.
post #1086 of 2175 Old 11-30-2013, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was going to give another shot at trying to get my Harmony Ultimate to learn the slow motion button for DirecTV, in this case a Genie DVR. Has anyone had any luck using the codes in Logitech's database that the setup app uses? I haven't been able to get them to work.

If not was going to give the steps on this page a try, but figured I'd ask if there is any other way before I go pick up a cheap remote that can learn it that can teach it to the Ultimate.
post #1087 of 2175 Old 11-30-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Mike, I wasn't quite sure what you were getting at when you were talking about IR codes. I thought maybe you had some very special cases where some rare codes had to be imported. As others have said, Harmony's database is huge and likely has all the codes you'll need. You don't have to worry about any programming details really. The wizard asks what inputs to use for each activity and does the programming for you.

If you're concerned about missing codes, and your pronto still works, you could just use it to teach your harmony. I use a cheap JP1 remote to teach my harmony, since, like a pronto, it can send every possible code for every possible device. But I very rarely have to resort to that.

Hey Dave

Thanks so much for the info.

The IR codes that I was talking about are actually hex code such as this:
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/codes/mitsubishi/vs-60601/

Doing a search for a Ultimate now for under $299.00
post #1088 of 2175 Old 11-30-2013, 09:33 PM

Well I just submitted an offer of $210 with free shipping for a New, unopened Ultimate from a USA, 100% positive feedback seller on ebay and it was accepted.

Hope I don't get screwed on this although it is covered by the ebay buyer protection program.
post #1089 of 2175 Old 12-01-2013, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hey Dave

Thanks so much for the info.

The IR codes that I was talking about are actually hex code such as this:
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/codes/mitsubishi/vs-60601/

Doing a search for a Ultimate now for under $299.00
No discrete codes whatsoever there, just the standard commands from the original remote. I haven't checked, but it's extremely likely the full command set for that Mits is in the database. You can check using the link in my signature.

As I said before, you can't import hex directly into an Ultimate without asking support to do it for you. There is no need in this particular case.

I hope your ebay purchase works out, but I would never trust an ebay seller of Harmony remotes. Too many buyers have been burned by missing parts, disabled remotes, stolen remotes. I can't imagine why anyone would accept such a low offer on a brand new remote unless something is wrong. But you might get lucky. Sorry to be such a downer.
post #1090 of 2175 Old 12-01-2013, 02:23 PM

Has anyone had issues getting the PS3 to sync to the Harmony Ultimate?

Everything was fine until a few days ago - for some reason it wasn't paired anymore and now I cannot get it to connect again.

I have had the Ultimate since May and this is the first time this has happened - when I go to the PS3 "Manage BD remote" in settings it instructs me to press "Start" and "enter" on my remote to pair, I try pressing all combinations on the hard buttons of the remote but nothing triggers it. If I recall, when I did the initial setup I didn't have to hit anything - the moment I hit "retry" on the Ultimate it paired instantly.
post #1091 of 2175 Old 12-01-2013, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Try doing a hard reset,hold off button and menu until it shuts off and back on then connect it to your PC and sync it.
post #1092 of 2175 Old 12-02-2013, 09:28 AM

Hello, I got the Harmony touch recently, I like it. Then I found out the Harmony Ultimate( Harmony hub and Harmony Touch Package)

I think if I want to use my touch to control PS3, WII U or PS4 In the future time... I should get a Harmony Hub. I searched amazon and then found
"Logitech 915-000144 Harmony Link - Black"
This is different model number like logitech official site( i have gift card with amazon, so i perfer to buy from amazon directly)

Also I do have another question , I have a speaker which is Edifier Spinnker (E30). the remote control for this speaker “the remote control operates on 433Mhz radio frequency up to a 10 M radius making all control option easily accessible without the disturbance of inanimate objects. ” If I got the Harmony link . can I use my harmony touch to control it or not ???

Thank you very much. I am a new user , it do has lot of questions about this amazing remote.
Also I got the LEDWholesalers LED lights which can be controled by logitech touch too.... but Everytime when I turn off my tv.... the light will be turn on.......
post #1093 of 2175 Old 12-02-2013, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

^^^
No, the Link is the wrong thing. You need the Hub, same part number as Logitech site says.

No universal remote can control your speakers via RF.

When you get the hub, isolate your LED lights with a blaster.
post #1094 of 2175 Old 12-02-2013, 09:52 AM

the hub...so expensive on their offical site....
post #1095 of 2175 Old 12-02-2013, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcheng0620 View Post

Also I got the LEDWholesalers LED lights which can be controled by logitech touch too.... but Everytime when I turn off my tv.... the light will be turn on.......

Hi rcheng0620,

Did you customize your Watch TV Activity to send power commands to your lights when powering off?

If so, and you are watching TV with the lights off, powering off Watch TV will turn your lights on as this light controller only uses a Power Toggle command.

Regards,

Sylvain

post #1096 of 2175 Old 12-02-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post

Hi rcheng0620,

Did you customize your Watch TV Activity to send power commands to your lights when powering off?

If so, and you are watching TV with the lights off, powering off Watch TV will turn your lights on as this light controller only uses a Power Toggle command.

Regards,

Sylvain

This LED Lights can be changed to multiple colors... and I can find it on the harmony database. I do customize my watch tv activity to send power commands to my lights. The problem " my lights on when I watching tv" and when i power off my tv.... the led lights is on and changed color.... I checked my setting.... it should power off when my tv power off.

Also I has some other issue which drives me crazy ........ I have three activities. Watch TV, Watch AppleTV, and Games. Sometimes when I transfer apple tv (HDMI 2) to Watch TV ( HDMI 1), It will transfer to TV Input..... Even I click mulitple times... it assumed the tv input (OTA ) is HDMI 1 Input. I double check my setting and updated it several times to make sure Activity "watch tv" will link to HDMI 1, but it still happens.....

My tv is LG 55lA7400
post #1097 of 2175 Old 12-02-2013, 01:20 PM

Will the Harmony Ultimate do what I want? I really just want to consolidate 5 remotes into one. I have a Denon X4000 reciever, Samsung TV, Dish DVR, and Sony Blu ray. I want to have the same functionality with the harmony as each device would have with its respective remotes. I don't want any horse crap about the Harmonyd oing 90% of something but if I want to go to a menu, then I have to go find the original remote.

Will this unit do it?
post #1098 of 2175 Old 12-02-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazosdog02 View Post

Will the Harmony Ultimate do what I want? I really just want to consolidate 5 remotes into one. I have a Denon X4000 reciever, Samsung TV, Dish DVR, and Sony Blu ray. I want to have the same functionality with the harmony as each device would have with its respective remotes. I don't want any horse crap about the Harmonyd oing 90% of something but if I want to go to a menu, then I have to go find the original remote.

Will this unit do it?

I am not quite understand your question. For my understanding, if you can find the model in their database. You can fully control everything by harmony remote. The harmony ultimate physical remote will has a touch screen.... So lots of functions you cant find on the physical keys.. it will list on the remote screen. (It needs time to get used to it). I customize different activities to make sure all the device will open at the right time( but I faced a few problems...). Also the ultimate package comes with ulitmate hub which can be used by App. Maybe the ios app can have better touch controlling experiences.
post #1099 of 2175 Old 12-02-2013, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcrown1 View Post

I have found that setting up the harmony with ps3 Xbox 360 and the Wii to be real simple. At first use the remote guides you on how to pair the remote with the unit. I do have the harmony ultimate, the experience with harmony smart maybe different.

I wish that a universal remote would do RF, IR and Bluetooth. The only thing I cannot control is Sony Google TV since that box uses RF.

Sigh, I recently got an Ultimate as an upgrade to my perfectly working One. I have a Sony Google TV that uses a Bluetooth Sony controller/keyboard. I thought that Smart Control sent out it and Bluetooth since it has the ability to control a PS3. We also have a Roku3 and it also uses Bluetooth (and ir). Sounds like the Ultimate is really not the right approach as I prefer the layout and buttons of the One ( although the numerical part is not the best).

So, the Smart Control won't control a Google TV, Roku3. What about windows 8?

Philip
post #1100 of 2175 Old 12-02-2013, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

the hub...so expensive on their offical site....
Just get a Smart Control from Amazon or where ever. It comes with the correct Hub.
post #1101 of 2175 Old 12-02-2013, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcd View Post

Sigh, I recently got an Ultimate as an upgrade to my perfectly working One. I have a Sony Google TV that uses a Bluetooth Sony controller/keyboard. I thought that Smart Control sent out it and Bluetooth since it has the ability to control a PS3. We also have a Roku3 and it also uses Bluetooth (and ir). Sounds like the Ultimate is really not the right approach as I prefer the layout and buttons of the One ( although the numerical part is not the best).

So, the Smart Control won't control a Google TV, Roku3. What about windows 8?

Philip
It will control whatever you want via IR, including your Roku and Windows 8 if you buy an IR dongle for it. But Win 8 is not designed to work with remotes, so be prepared to have very limited control.
post #1102 of 2175 Old 12-02-2013, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:

It will control whatever you want via IR, including your Roku and Windows 8 if you buy an IR dongle for it. But Win 8 is not designed to work with remotes, so be prepared to have very limited control.

Presently I use a Harmony One. I have an ir receiver for my win8 system and I use a combination of MCE remote+ MCE Keyboard to deal with some of win8, The problem with that is you can't get around the new Start Menu in order to use Netflix, Hulu Plus. You can do a bit but I always have to resort to using a Lenovo Multimedia remote which is basically a wireless keyboard and trackball. Anyway, I can't get away with just a remote. Perhaps you are thinking Windows Media Centre? If the Smart Control could at least do that then it would be useful to me.

I don't own a PS3, Wii, Xbox. Not interested in gaming. Is the only reason Bluetooth is in the Smart Control to deal with those 3 devices?

Philip
post #1103 of 2175 Old 12-02-2013, 04:07 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazosdog02 View Post

Will this unit do it?

It does for me and I have the same AVR , FIOS DVR and panny blu ray player. The remote software gives you all the same functions of the original remote, though when you run the remote set up you may have tweak your activities by adding some of the common buttons your individual equipment remote has which isn't a problem. JT
post #1104 of 2175 Old 12-03-2013, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcd View Post

Presently I use a Harmony One. I have an ir receiver for my win8 system and I use a combination of MCE remote+ MCE Keyboard to deal with some of win8, The problem with that is you can't get around the new Start Menu in order to use Netflix, Hulu Plus. You can do a bit but I always have to resort to using a Lenovo Multimedia remote which is basically a wireless keyboard and trackball. Anyway, I can't get away with just a remote. Perhaps you are thinking Windows Media Centre? If the Smart Control could at least do that then it would be useful to me.

I don't own a PS3, Wii, Xbox. Not interested in gaming. Is the only reason Bluetooth is in the Smart Control to deal with those 3 devices?

Philip
I do the same thing as you (remote plus keyboard/mouse as needed), but I've also added StartIsBack to generally make navigation easier.

The bluetooth part of the Smart Control only works on PS3 and WiiU, not Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or anything else for that matter. It basically just integrates the PS3 adapter and RF hub into a single device. The hub is also smart in that it syncs your remote and iPhone activity states so each can pick up where the other left off.

Going from a One to a Smart Control doesn't really buy you anything in your case except RF for your IR devices. You'll go from being able to do everything on the remote (One) to having to use both a simple remote with no LCD for additional functions and activities (Smart) and an iPhone in order to actually see what you're doing. Personally I'd stick with the One as long as I could.

I very rarely use a physical keyboard/mouse since the keyboard/mouse app on my iPhone works so well. Since I do Netflix and Hulu on my Bluray player, I can use my remote 99% of the time for controlling WMC and my other streaming devices. The only time I need a keyboard/mouse is for web surfing. Any maintenance activities I do via remote desktop.
post #1105 of 2175 Old 12-03-2013, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've had my Harmony Ultimate for a couple weeks now and I have to say that this remote is pretty bad-ass right out of the box. smile.gif

I haven't had to much time to customize it but also haven't really had the need to do so.

Nice job Harmony. Keep it up. biggrin.gif
post #1106 of 2175 Old 12-03-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:

This LED Lights can be changed to multiple colors... and I can find it on the harmony database. I do customize my watch tv activity to send power commands to my lights. The problem " my lights on when I watching tv" and when i power off my tv.... the led lights is on and changed color.... I checked my setting.... it should power off when my tv power off.

Also I has some other issue which drives me crazy ........ I have three activities. Watch TV, Watch AppleTV, and Games. Sometimes when I transfer apple tv (HDMI 2) to Watch TV ( HDMI 1), It will transfer to TV Input..... Even I click mulitple times... it assumed the tv input (OTA ) is HDMI 1 Input. I double check my setting and updated it several times to make sure Activity "watch tv" will link to HDMI 1, but it still happens.....

My tv is LG 55lA7400

If you PM me your account details (password is not needed) we can take a look to see what's going on with your inputs. Regarding the lights. are you sending the 'PowerOff ' or 'PowerToggle' command when you stop your Watch TV Activity? Also, what happens if you press the Off button on your original LED Light remote when you are in Watch TV?

Thanks

Sylvain

post #1107 of 2175 Old 12-03-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:

The bluetooth part of the Smart Control only works on PS3 and WiiU

..and the first Wii too! biggrin.gif
hltr likes this.

post #1108 of 2175 Old 12-03-2013, 09:56 AM

Ok so im trying to see if the harmony smart control will work with my setup i have a square room and the projector is behind me, will be above me in the near future. Then i have my equipment in a rack cabinet inside a closet behind me to the far right corner of the room it only about 8ft from my seating position. So if i understand right i should be able to control the equipment in the closet by putting the hub somewhere inside by the cabinet? what about the projector?
post #1109 of 2175 Old 12-03-2013, 10:59 AM

Upgraded Harmony Touch with a Harmony Hub. Took less than 10 minutes.  I now start an activity from anywhere in the house before walking into a home theater with everything ready for viewing.

post #1110 of 2175 Old 12-03-2013, 01:38 PM

I've been using the HSC for a few days. It crashed repeatedly over the weekend, and would crash if I backed out of the app and checked Facebook, etc. I couldn't log in to the website, either.

No biggie. I pulled the trigger on this knowing it might face Harmony's troubleshooting and software upgrades.

What does cause the hub/app to crash is if there is more than one smartphone running the app. Verified carefully. I run a DROID RAZR on 4.1.2 on a Buffalo WZR-600DHP on Earthlink DSL. My partner runs an identical phone.

Harmony can win, hands down, if their software can stay ahead of the enormous hardware configurations and IMO I believe they are committed to doing just that. I have a very basic home theater: 55LX9500, RX-V1900, Panasonic Blu-Ray. Initial setup was easy and worked for a week before it began to crash the app with two Android phones running the Harmony app.

Don't give up, Harmony. This is a superb integration IMO.

Mediocrity is so common, so forgiven.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page