Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #91 of 2070 Old 05-18-2013, 12:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ian,

I know you mentioned that in the future you will be able to switch control from one hub to another but will there be plans to allow commands to be sent to separate hubs concurrently to control different devices in different locations? Currently I use the Harmony 900 paired with two different RF base stations to route commands to equipment placed in 2 separate locations that would not be easily serviced with IR Extension cables, thus the use of 2 separate RF Base stations.

My new Ultimate just arrived today, and I was just wondering if it will be feasible to use it to replace another 900 I use in a different area of my house.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 2070 Old 05-18-2013, 09:07 AM

Liked: 11
I bought the harmony ultimate last week and just wanted to post my feedback. Absolutely fantastic remote. Setup was super easy - knew all my components...even my velodyne subwoofer which was a little confusing at first because it called it an 'amp'. I am using the IR emitter pack from the logitech website as I have multiple enclosed cabinets as well as one of the included blasters. No problems so far with control relays. No problems either with xbox360 or ps3, and the bluetooth hookup into the ps3 is really useful. Have no problem with the onscreen numeric keypad - if anything i like it better than the time warner remote as it requires less touch and most importantly, it always registers button presses. Those of you who have typed 701 and gotten 71 instead on your cable box know what I am talking about. As other have raised, my only possible complaint is that I plan on using it for such a long time that I am worried about the endgame for this battery.
Weaselboy likes this.
post #93 of 2070 Old 05-19-2013, 05:53 AM

Liked: 12
I received the ultimate last week and I have to say it is my favorite Harmony remote I've had so far.I had the 1100(my father in law kneeled on the screen two weeks ago and cracked it,thats why I have the ultimate.I have an 880 as well)The Ultimate was the easiest to setup out of three.I have only had time to set up basic activities so far,I think it took it took 10 minutes to setup Watch tv,watchdvd ,watch netflix and set 50 favorite channels.In this new touch screen world this remote fits right in.The touch screen is similar to how most smart phones work so it is a seamless transition with the Ultimate.THe additional smartphone app is a great added bonus as well.I love the fact that all updates are done through wifi,no more plugging in the the rf extender and then the remote.I am sure this remote will only get better as I figure out how to really maximize its functions and features.
post #94 of 2070 Old 05-19-2013, 07:41 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 50
Ian I have a question, How do you set up a zone 2 activity? I would like to use the Ultimate to run multiple zones. Thanks JT
post #95 of 2070 Old 05-19-2013, 08:42 AM

Ian I have the ultimate and sor far it works except I can not get it to work with gefen tv four one switcher model #GTV-HDMI1.3-441N.

Is their a way to get this to work with the ultimate? I trid learned commands and the site shows it is learned, but no dice. I also have tried using just the remote as control and still no dice.
post #96 of 2070 Old 05-19-2013, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 56
I'm spending more time trying to tweak the remote to my liking, but boy is it a pain. There are a number of things that I can't find in the software, anybody have any clue on these?
  1. How do you reorder activities? This should be a straightforward operation in the software, but doesn't appear to exist.
  2. Is there a way to select a different icon for an activity? I found where to upload icons, but I'd prefer all my icons be consistent.
  3. How do you select a default screen for the touchscreen for an activity?

I found 2 and 3 via the settings on the remote itself, but that is painful as each change takes 20 seconds or more because it syncs each and every time. It's a very frustrating process. Multiple times it has failed to connect with the hub while trying to sync, even though it was in the same room, and it never has a problem during normal use. This makes doing something so simple as changing an icon a 1-2 minute process.

The software does do some things ok, but overall it's a mess. It's very slow, it shows very little information per screen, and for some inexplicable reason it wants to run in full screen on my 27" 2560x1440 monitor. If it's going to use all that real estate it should show a whole lot more per screen. But as it is each screen you go through to change settings shows very few options. And it's slooooooooow. It takes about 5 seconds to enter and exit the settings of an activity, and yet there's a whole lot of things I'd like to do when editing activities that I have to go elsewhere to do.

Also, the software is telling me that I need to enter a model number for my HTPC device, but I can't figure out how to edit the device settings. Near as I can tell there is no way to do it, yet the software keeps showing a warning icon for that device and tells me what information is missing. Anybody know the correct way to handle a Windows Media Center device with this software?

Download my IR hex codes for the Denon AVR-4810ci and other Denon receivers here.
For Logitech Harmony support, ask Logitech for the Denon receiver in the account kmickunas.

post #97 of 2070 Old 05-19-2013, 04:39 PM

Reordering activities is done on the remote too. Drag and drop. I find editing on the remote super easy. Syncs take just a couple seconds and I've never had connect problems. No issues with speed with the software here. Maybe worth contacting Logitech as it seems something is going on.
post #98 of 2070 Old 05-19-2013, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldbull View Post

Reordering activities is done on the remote too. Drag and drop. I find editing on the remote super easy. Syncs take just a couple seconds and I've never had connect problems. No issues with speed with the software here. Maybe worth contacting Logitech as it seems something is going on.

OK, so it's "Edit" under the menu on the remote.

Anybody found a good way to handle programming new buttons from a remote? Under the "Buttons" tab I select a device under "Screen options" then do "Add or Fix a command". From there the process involves a minimum of 7 steps per button:

Click Add or Fix a Command
Select Add a missing command
Enter name
Hit next
Plug in remote if it's not already plugged in
Hit next again
Hold or set remote in awkward position so you can point at the IR receiver
Press button
Hit Finish

Also, I find that each time I log in certain screen provide a tutorial of what can be done, like when editing buttons for the screen and hard buttons for devices and activities. Is there someway to permanently get rid of those?

Download my IR hex codes for the Denon AVR-4810ci and other Denon receivers here.
For Logitech Harmony support, ask Logitech for the Denon receiver in the account kmickunas.

post #99 of 2070 Old 05-19-2013, 06:00 PM

Is your device not already in the Logitech database? Much easier to add it that way. For learning, I'd say you already summed it up. Not a quick process but at least it's a "do it once" deal.

I haven't seen a way to disable those tutorials, but I haven't really checked.
post #100 of 2070 Old 05-19-2013, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Not all the buttons were there for my Media Center remote. Accoustic Research had a bunch of buttons that I didn't even know about in their profile, so I wanted to set those on the Harmony remote.

post #101 of 2070 Old 05-19-2013, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Keith,

If your IR dongle is MCE (RC6), then use "Windows Media Center SE". It is the most complete command set available, even more commands than are in the UEI database (Acoustic Research).
post #102 of 2070 Old 05-19-2013, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thanks mdavej, I'll try adding that as a device. It really wants a model number and doesn't provide much help when it comes to adding these devices.

Update: Interesting, just using Windows Media Center lead it to prompting me for a model number and didn't provide me much and put the ! icon on it like my current XBMC entry, yet using Windows Media Center SE found the device and gave me a large command set. It would have been nice if it had prompted for similar names so I could pick what I wanted.

post #103 of 2070 Old 05-20-2013, 10:01 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnt29 View Post

Ian I have a question, How do you set up a zone 2 activity? I would like to use the Ultimate to run multiple zones. Thanks JT

Hi JT,

Are you referring to an AVR receiver with multi-zone capability?

If so, you have to add the AVR to your account twice. The second time you add it, append the model number with "Zone 2". For example Manufacturer = "Denon", Model number = "123456 Zone 2". I'm pretty sure you need the space between "zone" and "2" but I could be wrong. When you enter the device this way it should be found in our database just like any device.

Yes, it's a bit of a strange model, but it works. Let us know if it works for you. If not, let me know what model AVR you're using and I'll see what I can find out.

Ian.
vivatech likes this.
post #104 of 2070 Old 05-20-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelerdsu View Post

Ian,

I know you mentioned that in the future you will be able to switch control from one hub to another but will there be plans to allow commands to be sent to separate hubs concurrently to control different devices in different locations? Currently I use the Harmony 900 paired with two different RF base stations to route commands to equipment placed in 2 separate locations that would not be easily serviced with IR Extension cables, thus the use of 2 separate RF Base stations.

My new Ultimate just arrived today, and I was just wondering if it will be feasible to use it to replace another 900 I use in a different area of my house.

Thanks.

Hi George,

Currently, Harmony Ultimate is a one remote - one hub model. I am not sure of the timing to enable multi-hub control from one remote , as you're used to with Harmony 900. If you need that, Harmony Ultimate cannot yet replace your 900. We do plan on offering it, but as I'm not clear on the timing, I don't want to lead you to make a purchase decision until I can give you more information.

Ian.
post #105 of 2070 Old 05-20-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcrown1 View Post

Ian I have the ultimate and sor far it works except I can not get it to work with gefen tv four one switcher model #GTV-HDMI1.3-441N.

Is their a way to get this to work with the ultimate? I trid learned commands and the site shows it is learned, but no dice. I also have tried using just the remote as control and still no dice.

Hi Tom,

I'm looking into this. I hope to have some guidance by tomorrow.

Edit:

The device is in our database, under the manufacture name "Gefen" as well as "Giffen". Not sure why... However, only 2 people have ever learned the IR commands and did so in a way that prevents us from approving the device for other users like yourself. (For background, each device learned goes through a process from private to public status, based on how many people have learned the commands and used the device in their account).

As for why you can't learn the commands yourself, still not sure what might prevent that.

Edit again:

Tom, try entering the model number as: GTV-HDMI1.3-441 (without the "N"). Not sure if this was ever a real product from Gefen, but it is in our database and might work.

Ian.
post #106 of 2070 Old 05-20-2013, 12:06 PM

Ian on the quick start guide Gefen tv which is the correct name list the model #GTV-HDMI1.3-441N. On their site they list it as 4X1 switcher for HDMI with RS232. I have used the model#GTV-HDMI1.3.441 with no result.

On Gefen support forum someone stated that they sent the Hex code to Harmony customer service and 1-3 switch works while switch 4 reverts back to switch 1. Gefen does list the hex code on their site.

I was able to get the gefen to work with the harmony one.
post #107 of 2070 Old 05-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonyIan View Post

Hi JT,

Are you referring to an AVR receiver with multi-zone capability?

If so, you have to add the AVR to your account twice. The second time you add it, append the model number with "Zone 2". For example Manufacturer = "Denon", Model number = "123456 Zone 2". I'm pretty sure you need the space between "zone" and "2" but I could be wrong. When you enter the device this way it should be found in our database just like any device.

Yes, it's a bit of a strange model, but it works. Let us know if it works for you. If not, let me know what model AVR you're using and I'll see what I can find out.

Ian.

Yes I am, sorry for the confusion. I have aready created the new activity and will synch it to the remote when I get home. I have a follow up question, if I want to have the watch TV activity in the main theater and listen to music on the second zone, will this turnoff the main theater when i launch the zone 2 activity? I think it will or is there a way to run two activities at the same time?
post #108 of 2070 Old 05-20-2013, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:

Yes I am, sorry for the confusion. I have aready created the new activity and will synch it to the remote when I get home. I have a follow up question, if I want to have the watch TV activity in the main theater and listen to music on the second zone, will this turnoff the main theater when i launch the zone 2 activity? I think it will or is there a way to run two activities at the same time?
Harmony isn't really designed to work that way. You'd be better off with a remote for each room or a different kind of remote altogether if you need simultaneous, independent activities. The old 890 was truly multi-zone, but not any current Harmony models AFAIK.
post #109 of 2070 Old 05-20-2013, 01:50 PM

When I run the activity watch movie that this is open the projector when I want to close the projector it needs 2 times the power off on my pj. How I do it this with the harmony?
post #110 of 2070 Old 05-20-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagos1103gr1 View Post

When I run the activity watch movie that this is open the projector when I want to close the projector it needs 2 times the power off on my pj. How I do it this with the harmony?

Devices - [YOUR PROJECTOR] - Settings - Power Settings

Go through the whole wizard and the last page lets you modify the power off commands.
post #111 of 2070 Old 05-20-2013, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kromkamp View Post

Is it known yet if the hub will directly control any home automation devices (light dimmers etc)?
No not without an adapter of some sort. With X10 you still need an IR-543 receiver, it will control the Philips Hue
post #112 of 2070 Old 05-20-2013, 03:50 PM

You guys are busting out the hardcore questions today ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcrown1 View Post

Ian on the quick start guide Gefen tv which is the correct name list the model #GTV-HDMI1.3-441N. On their site they list it as 4X1 switcher for HDMI with RS232. I have used the model#GTV-HDMI1.3.441 with no result.

On Gefen support forum someone stated that they sent the Hex code to Harmony customer service and 1-3 switch works while switch 4 reverts back to switch 1. Gefen does list the hex code on their site.

I was able to get the gefen to work with the harmony one.

Tom - you were correct in your PM. Myharmony doesn't learn RAW IR commands, it always tries to match against a known IR protocol. The old Harmony software did allow to learn RAW IR. There are some complicated instructions I could give you to get your switch working using the RAW commands you already learned, but I hope I can get this fixed on our end within a day or two. Stay tuned...

Quote:

JT - As mdavej points out, our activities concept isn't really intended for what you want to to, but it is possible. Try this:

Set all of the devices used in both your TV and Music activities to "leave on between activities". You can access this in Devices > Change Device Settings > Power Settings. This way, when you switch between TV and Music activities on your remote, all the devices in the 'other'' activity will remain on. The downside to this is these devices will always remain on even if you switch to a different activity. This may

Alternately, your TV and Music activities could each include all the devices in the other activity. Again, when switching between activities everything would stay on since the remote thinks they're part of the activity. The bigger downside here is, if you really are JUST watching TV, the devices in the other room would turn on automatically all the time. I recommend the first option above to avoid this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagos1103gr1 View Post

Vagos - log into your account and go to Devices > Change Device Settings > Power Settings > I want to turn this device off when not in use > I press two different buttons for on and off. In the list that appears, choose the "Power off Commands" option at the bottom of the list. Click the "+ Add Command" button at the top of the list and add an additional Power Off command. You may need to insert a delay between the two commands or specify a duration for which to hold each command.

Hope this helps guys.

Cheers,

Ian.
post #113 of 2070 Old 05-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldbull View Post

Could you give me the steps to reorder the activities on the remote. I can't for the life of me see how to do it. Thanks JT
post #114 of 2070 Old 05-20-2013, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

Could you give me the steps to reorder the activities on the remote. I can't for the life of me see how to do it. Thanks JT
At the bottom right hand corner of the LCD screen you will see icon with 3 horizontal lines, select it then select Edit, then you can drag the Activities to the location that you want.
post #115 of 2070 Old 05-20-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post

At the bottom right hand corner of the LCD screen you will see icon with 3 horizontal lines, select it then select Edit, then you can drag the Activities to the location that you want.

And this may be really obvious, but make sure you are on the main activities page when doing this.
post #116 of 2070 Old 05-20-2013, 04:47 PM

Thank you
Quote:

Hi baldwilly,

Harmony Ultimate does not have a screen-lock feature like Harmony 900, although that's something we might add in a future update.

Ian.

Cheers
Willy
post #117 of 2070 Old 05-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post

That did it. Thanks smile.gif
post #118 of 2070 Old 05-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member

Since I received the Ultimate I haven't used my Harmony One once. I wanted to see if I could manage without the One and the Ultimate has been a strong contender. It is much better than the Touch, no comparison. I don't even feel the need to use the One. So far so good.
post #119 of 2070 Old 05-21-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:

Hi Tom,

I'm looking into this. I hope to have some guidance by tomorrow.

Edit:

The device is in our database, under the manufacture name "Gefen" as well as "Giffen". Not sure why... However, only 2 people have ever learned the IR commands and did so in a way that prevents us from approving the device for other users like yourself. (For background, each device learned goes through a process from private to public status, based on how many people have learned the commands and used the device in their account).

As for why you can't learn the commands yourself, still not sure what might prevent that.

Edit again:

Tom, try entering the model number as: GTV-HDMI1.3-441 (without the "N"). Not sure if this was ever a real product from Gefen, but it is in our database and might work.

Ian.

Hi Tom,

I think your Gefen HDMI switch should now be public in the myharmony device database. Try re-adding it again to your account and see if it works.

Ian.
post #120 of 2070 Old 05-21-2013, 10:53 AM

Does anyone know what to use for the SiriusXM Lynx Portable Radio Model SXi1. The radio has been out for some time but it seems the Harmony database doesn't have any valid information on it. I have it in the home dock and it does have a remote control.

Cheers
Willy
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page