Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 40 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1171 of 2176 Old 12-14-2013, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mdavej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,621
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post

Wow, that is some great information,Dave...thank you

The TV was made in 1999 ( yes I know....ready for a new one) The OEM remote does not have a "Format" button as mention in your link but I would not need any of those commands anyway.

As far as INPUT, as stated in the link....my OEM remote has a rocker switch for input...up/down. So if I understand the information, for a discreet code for Component (1)...and I only have 1 on that tv, I would select INPUT>5. So then after that, simply pressing 5 should fire the discreet IR code to a learning remote?
I'm not sure. It's certainly worth a try. Otherwise, I dug up some more hex codes from that vintage to try in addition to the one you posted (which looks like a good possibility too):
Code:
Protocol=Mitsubishi, Setup Code: TV 0150 (10150)
Device Code: 71 Function: 76 EFC: 00036
0000 007F 0000 0011 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 030F
Device Code: 71 Function: 90 EFC: 00231
0000 007F 0000 0011 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 030F
Device Code: 71 Function: 98 EFC: 00199
0000 007F 0000 0011 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 030F
Device Code: 71 Function: 105 EFC: 00073 (same code you posted)
0000 007F 0000 0011 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 030F
Device Code: 71 Function: 106 EFC: 00071
0000 007F 0000 0011 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 030F
Device Code: 71 Function: 114 EFC: 00135
0000 007F 0000 0011 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 030F
Device Code: 71 Function: 121 EFC: 00009
0000 007F 0000 0011 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 030F
Device Code: 71 Function: 122 EFC: 00007
0000 007F 0000 0011 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 0044 000A 001D 000A 030F

As I said before, testing these with a JP1 remote is very easy.
mdavej is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1172 of 2176 Old 12-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Senior Member
 
CaptMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jong1 View Post

If you want the red button to control your lights in the Watch TV activity, or any other, then you need to:

- Add your lighting device to the Watch TV activity
- Most likely you will want to change the power settings for the lighting device so . this way the lights will not be automatically be turned on/off when you start activities which contain them.
- Then change the red button in your Watch TV activity, not the lighting device, to turn your lights on/off

Now the red button (or any other) will work from the activities screen, rather than only from the device screen.

If you want to use the red button for something else in an activity you an always add "Lights On/Off" as a "long press" or as a soft button on the touch screen instead.

Hello jong1

Thanks so much for the help

Mission accomplished

The red and green buttons now dim and bright the lighting but if I wanted to find and change the "There are no power buttons on my original remote for my {device name}" setting, where is that found?
CaptMike is offline  
post #1173 of 2176 Old 12-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Senior Member
 
CaptMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Ok, next task

I did a brief search through the thread regarding LANDING PAGE but could find what I needed.

Looking for the commands that will allow the ultimate to jump to a particular device page when a particular Activity is selected.

Example:

WATCH TV-currently after that Activity is selected the landing page is one of 4 pages for the device TV and I would like the screen jump to a (satellite) device page instead.

Thank you
CaptMike is offline  
post #1174 of 2176 Old 12-14-2013, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mdavej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,621
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post

Ok, next task

I did a brief search through the thread regarding LANDING PAGE but could find what I needed.

Looking for the commands that will allow the ultimate to jump to a particular device page when a particular Activity is selected.

Example:

WATCH TV-currently after that Activity is selected the landing page is one of 4 pages for the device TV and I would like the screen jump to a (satellite) device page instead.

Thank you
On most harmony remotes you put whatever device's functions you want on the screen when you program it. There are no device pages per se within an activity. Does the Ultimate work differently?
mdavej is offline  
post #1175 of 2176 Old 12-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Senior Member
 
CaptMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

On most harmony remotes you put whatever device's functions you want on the screen when you program it. There are no device pages per se within an activity. Does the Ultimate work differently?

I'm not sure.

All I know is that when I select WATCH TV I should like to end up in the Satellite devices pages as that is where the guide for the satellite is and it seems to be just a bit more of a convince rather to do down to the hard button.
CaptMike is offline  
post #1176 of 2176 Old 12-14-2013, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mdavej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,621
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 321
When you created your activity, the wizard should have asked what device you used for volume, channels, menus, playback, etc. Your answers determine what functions end up on the buttons and screens. And after the fact, you can also go back change the buttons and screens however you like. It's fully customizable.
mdavej is offline  
post #1177 of 2176 Old 12-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Senior Member
 
CaptMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

When you created your activity, the wizard should have asked what device you used for volume, channels, menus, playback, etc. Your answers determine what functions end up on the buttons and screens. And after the fact, you can also go back change the buttons and screens however you like. It's fully customizable.

Yes, but I have been messing with it all day and simply to do find the pages to do that on.

When I do back and look at what devices are set to to WATCH TV...the question of "what device do you use to change the channel on the TV" The answer to that is, and remains, the Satellite receiver.

So in my mind, after I push WATCH TV, the screen should eventually do to a satellite device page and not stay on the tv device page.
CaptMike is offline  
post #1178 of 2176 Old 12-15-2013, 06:11 AM
Senior Member
 
rehaz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post

Yes, but I have been messing with it all day and simply to do find the pages to do that on.

When I do back and look at what devices are set to to WATCH TV...the question of "what device do you use to change the channel on the TV" The answer to that is, and remains, the Satellite receiver.

So in my mind, after I push WATCH TV, the screen should eventually do to a satellite device page and not stay on the tv device page.
If the satellite commands are not properly mapped in your Watch TV Activity, after logging on to your account, select Buttons, select the Hard buttons, select your Watch TV Activity, click on each button, it will tell you what device and command is assigned to that button for a Short Press or Long Press or Both, if not correct, you can select the proper device and command to be assigned to that button, for Long Press, Short Press, or Both. When all of the Hard buttons are done, you can go back and select the LCD buttons, select the Watch TV activity, and you can then assign any command from any device, or create a Sequence and assign then to the LCD buttons. You can drag the commands to appear in any order that your want, putting the most use cammands to the top of the list. If you created the watch TV activity correctly adding the TV,. Satellite receiver, and AV Receiver if used, all of the necessary commands shoud have been pre-assigned, the Sattelite receiver to the channel buttons, and Transport buttons, if this is also a DVR, and the volume buttons assigned to either the TV, or AV Receiver if used.
rehaz1 is offline  
post #1179 of 2176 Old 12-15-2013, 06:37 AM
Senior Member
 
CaptMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post

If the satellite commands are not properly mapped in your Watch TV Activity, after logging on to your account, select Buttons, select the Hard buttons, select your Watch TV Activity, click on each button, it will tell you what device and command is assigned to that button for a Short Press or Long Press or Both, if not correct, you can select the proper device and command to be assigned to that button, for Long Press, Short Press, or Both. When all of the Hard buttons are done, you can go back and select the LCD buttons, select the Watch TV activity, and you can then assign any command from any device, or create a Sequence and assign then to the LCD buttons. You can drag the commands to appear in any order that your want, putting the most use cammands to the top of the list. If you created the watch TV activity correctly adding the TV,. Satellite receiver, and AV Receiver if used, all of the necessary commands shoud have been pre-assigned, the Sattelite receiver to the channel buttons, and Transport buttons, if this is also a DVR, and the volume buttons assigned to either the TV, or AV Receiver if used.

Perfect

Corrected and synced and works as desired.

Thanks very much
CaptMike is offline  
post #1180 of 2176 Old 12-15-2013, 06:43 AM
Senior Member
 
rehaz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Glad you finally have it working
rehaz1 is offline  
post #1181 of 2176 Old 12-15-2013, 06:45 AM
Senior Member
 
CaptMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post

Glad you finally have it working

LOL...you and me too
CaptMike is offline  
post #1182 of 2176 Old 12-15-2013, 06:59 AM
Senior Member
 
CaptMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
has anyone applied a screen protector to their Ultimate?

If so, what brand are you using or did you make your own?
CaptMike is offline  
post #1183 of 2176 Old 12-15-2013, 08:41 PM
Member
 
tallen94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I recently bought a Harmony Smart Control after reading rave reviews about the Ultimate Hub. It was a Black Friday deal and I thought "Cool. I can get the Hub AND a $30 remote for the same price as the Hub itself". I wanted to upgrade from a Harmony One. I've actually bought three Harmony Ones over the years (one for me, two for my parents) and I am very happy with them. I do not like the new Ultimate remote at all. The design with the LCD screen in the center would drive me nuts since I exclusively watch tv via Media Center on my 360. I need the DVR controls front and center- not exiled to the top of the remote.

Anyway, I quickly found out that the Hub PLUS remote is limited to 8 devices- artificially. The Hub by itself supports 15 (at least). Since when does adding a $30 option/accesory DOWNGRADE (by almost 50%) the capabilities of a device!?

The funny thing is, during setup it did allow me my 13 devices when I transferred my Harmony One settings. The problem is, I need to add a device and I can't unless I delete six existing devices (not going to happen).
So either I have to buy a Harmony Touch (which I will never use) to "unlock" the option of using 15 devices, or completely scrap my current setup, and replace it with just an Ultimate Hub.

Is there a way to remove the RF remote from the setup, and get the Hub by itself back to just the base version that allows for 15 devices? The remote is nice and all, but it lacks a help button and backlighting so I will probably have to grab my Nexus 7 for anything advanced anyway. I'll take the 15 devices over the cheap remote any day.

For the resident Harmony rep- WHAT WERE YOU GUYS THINKING? Artificially limiting to the Hub to 8 devices when the user spends extra $$$ is either A) Greed B) Stupidity C) Both. I was completely blindsided by 8 device limit because I had researched the standalone Hub. Sure. If you carefully read the package specs (the actual Hub is the same physical device across all packages), it mentions the 8 device limit, but what reasonable person would think that buying the more expensive package with an extra accessory would cut the capabilities (again, artificially) in half?
tallen94 is offline  
post #1184 of 2176 Old 12-16-2013, 01:22 AM
Newbie
 
slarti42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got the smart control to replace my One, which I liked a lot (although I liked the 895 better), and I must say that logitech has really improved the system. The hub combined with the power of sequences (finally they're back!) make for a combination I couldn't resist.

I'm a bit annoyed with the artificial limitations that others have already commented on. I found one limitation to be especially annoying. Why can't I use ANY device in a sequence? Why does it have to be one from the current activity? The reason I ask is I have an AVR that splits the video signal to my TV and projector. I have a macro inside each activity that I use to switch between the projector and TV (and control my screen and lights as well). I've gotten around this by adding my projector, screen and lights to all activities, but I have to remake the same macro to each activity and fiddle with the power options. I know I could make an activity for each scenario like Watch TV on TV and Watch TV on projector but then I'd have 20 activities instead of 10.

I'd really like to see a way to control a Windows 8 machine, too.

If logitech are working on other lighting systems, please consider controlling a micasaverde vera box. It's really stable and has a pretty good API to expose the devices and scenes.
slarti42 is offline  
post #1185 of 2176 Old 12-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Senior Member
 
CaptMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Well, I obtained my first negative experience with Logitech telephone tech support today for the Ultimate,

On My last telephone conversation a few days ago the tech rep emailed me a form while we were having the conversation. She stated to just attach the hex codes (posted above in my previous post) and they will try them. She stated that they would call me back. I asked her when I should call back if I don't hear from them (been there done that) and she said 2 days.

I did not receive a phone call so I called back today. The CSR stated that their engineers found the code I sent them not to work. If that was the case, where was my phone call?

I told the last CSR today that I have 7 more to try, as provided by mdavej above, and to please send me the form again. The CSR stated the form will be emailed to me in the next 3 mins, it has not.

Very pissed off
CaptMike is offline  
post #1186 of 2176 Old 12-16-2013, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mdavej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,621
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Consider yourself lucky. Not long ago, it would have taken weeks or months to get a response from Logitech support. It once took a full 2 years for them to add some hex codes for me. (Granted I sent them 3000 codes, but still...). The situation improved dramatically after they threatened to sell the whole division to another company.

As far as the code not working, support is full of it. I just imported it into my own harmony config and the code you posted worked fine. My codes import fine as well. The timing on your code is a little off, but it shouldn't be a problem. It is possible you cut off some of the numbers when you sent it to them?
mdavej is offline  
post #1187 of 2176 Old 12-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Senior Member
 
CaptMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

It is possible you cut off some of the numbers when you sent it to them?

No, I checked what I sent them to the copy I posted in this tread and they match. But I also sent them yours that you posted, which included a dub of mine that you mentioned, lets see what they say about that set.
CaptMike is offline  
post #1188 of 2176 Old 12-16-2013, 01:49 PM
Senior Member
 
CaptMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Consider yourself lucky. Not long ago, it would have taken weeks or months to get a response from Logitech support. It once took a full 2 years for them to add some hex codes for me. (Granted I sent them 3000 codes, but still...). The situation improved dramatically after they threatened to sell the whole division to another company.

As far as the code not working, support is full of it. I just imported it into my own harmony config and the code you posted worked fine. My codes import fine as well. The timing on your code is a little off, but it shouldn't be a problem. It is possible you cut off some of the numbers when you sent it to them?


I hope that HarmonySylvain is reading this...because I'm packing it up and going to take it back to the store.
CaptMike is offline  
post #1189 of 2176 Old 12-17-2013, 04:29 AM
Senior Member
 
mikethewxguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 279
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm having absolutely no luck getting my Harmony Ultimate to control "Plex" on my Mac mini....

I have both Remote Buddy and Candelair...but wouldn't it be best to use the Bluetooth control?

In the myharmony.com setup, what device did you all select for the mac mini/plex? I have tried

Could anyone give me some pointers?
mikethewxguy is offline  
post #1190 of 2176 Old 12-17-2013, 04:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mdavej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,621
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 321
I saw a thread in the Logitech forum about spoofing a PS3 BT connection. Check that out, or just get an IR dongle. I think Ortek works on Mac.
mdavej is offline  
post #1191 of 2176 Old 12-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Member
 
reddavid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Wayne, PA
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
New Harmony Hub. Connected via USB to Windows 7 Home Premium PC running IE 11. Login to new account and it fails trying to install latest Firmware. No error. Just never gets past install screen. No change in milestone/install bar.

Unplugged Hub, and hit 'continue' button, and reconnected. Found WiFi network and input password. Imported settings from previous Harmony Remote. Get to Sync and it stops at 95%.

I'm 0 for 2 here. Suggestions? Thanks!
reddavid is offline  
post #1192 of 2176 Old 12-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Member
 
kmnedd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would try a different browser like Google Chrome
kmnedd is offline  
post #1193 of 2176 Old 12-17-2013, 05:37 PM
Member
 
reddavid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Wayne, PA
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, I never got the Firmware update, but, I removed all the imported Activities, and created them manually, and the Sync worked. Slowly starting to feel some love for this thing. the iPhone app is nice. have to see if it passes the 'wife test'.rolleyes.gif
reddavid is offline  
post #1194 of 2176 Old 12-18-2013, 04:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Mike25690's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calumet, Michigan, in the U.P.'s Keweenaw Peninsula
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My Harmony Ultimate is set up and working perfectly, except for one thing. I recently added favorite channels along with icons, and also added different icons for my activities. When syncing, the ultimate remote received all the changes, but the app on my iPhone did not. (Yes, I did sync the iPhone app separately.) It received the updated icons for my activities, but the new favorite channels and channel icons were not added. I can't find any info anywhere on why this isn't working. Any ideas?

"I will drag you, kicking and screaming if I have to, into the modern world!" -- Peter the Great
My Setup
Mike25690 is offline  
post #1195 of 2176 Old 12-18-2013, 07:21 AM
Senior Member
 
CaptMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Just to give you all an update

The last support tech I spoke to on 12/17 for a new issue (not hex code related as mentioned above and that is not resolved as they have not called me back) tries to insist that the error is on my part and not with the remote.

I have a new AVR receiver (less than 30 days) in which I found one device command in the Ultimate was not working. In addition to that, the label name of that command was different than the label name of the original remote, just an extra word. In the Ultimate, that command did nothing to the AVR when pressed but the button on the OEM remote does. First the support representative tried to tell me that the name/function on the Ultimate was different that the OEM remote. He stated this over and over and over again. And I told him over and over and over again that just because Logitech mislabeled the command on the Ultimate does not mean it is for a different function on the AVR. He asked me are you sure that the OEM remote does not say TunerBand.....Hello? I told you at least 5 times that the OEM, that I have in my hand as we speak says BAND....and the owners manual says BAND and you can google a picture of that remote and you will see BAND. Logitech just does't want to be wrong.

Anyway, since the Ultimate button did not function I thought I would "learn" the correct code from the OEM remote. The Ultimate did not reconize the OEM remote no matter what I or the support tech tried. At one point when the Ultimate was synced via it's internal sync command and the unit will freeze on the "checking firmware" screen and had to be reset several times. This is not the first attempt of this Ultimate not learning IR codes as two other OEM remotes have been used in attempts to learn missing IR codes as well with negative results.

The Ultimate rep "checked" with his supervisor AND tire 2 support.....Yeah? why can't I speak to tier 2 support directly when I request too like every other company I deal with, At&t, Verizon, Apple etc.?

The Ultimate rep told me that he was told by tier 2 to send the hex codes to them for the BAND command and they will "try" to address it. Nope I said. First I have no way to obtain the hex codes...after my attempt with Mits support to obtain some codes from them they told me that information was not publicized. I'm not going to waist my time doing that again with another manufacture (AVR) and loose time of returning my Ultimate to the original point of purchase (Amazon). Besides, that would be a workaround and not addressing the issue of a faulty Ultimate or software that is not allowing it to learn codes.

They already have 9 sets of hex codes that I sent them for a different issuer mentioned above that they have not responded to as they promised they would.

So I called Amazon and they shipped a replacement which I will receive before Xmas and sent me a prepaid return shipping label for the old remote.

I mentioned to the Ultimate tech rep that the replacement remote would be by final attempt with the Logitech brand if it has the same issues.

He sent me a customer satisfaction survey at the end of our conversation.
CaptMike is offline  
post #1196 of 2176 Old 12-18-2013, 09:56 AM
Member
 
dguarnaccia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Newberg, Or
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi all, I did a bit of searching and couldn't find the answer so apologies if this has been answered before.

I currently have an 890 with 2 RF extenders. One for my equipment rack, and one for a ceiling mounted projector. I've read in the past that you can only control one hub with one harmony ultimate and I think that to be able to handle my rack, and PJ, I would need 2. Is that right? Are others able to use a single hub/ IR blasters do a rack and a projector 12 feet away? Or has the multiple hubs with one Harmony ultimate issue been resolved?

Thanks,

DG
dguarnaccia is offline  
post #1197 of 2176 Old 12-18-2013, 09:59 AM
Newbie
 
therockhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know this has probably been asked a hundred times but when will the rumored IP control for the Smart Hub be available? That is the feature that would make this product the solution for people who want more than a universal remote but don't want to spend over a grand on the integration solutions.

IF Logitech does eventually support TCP/IP control, anyone think they will support the itach flex device ( http://www.globalcache.com/products/itachflex/ )? This would allow control of serial devices as well as extra IR devices. Supporting that device would put this product in a class of its own.
therockhr is offline  
post #1198 of 2176 Old 12-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Mike25690's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calumet, Michigan, in the U.P.'s Keweenaw Peninsula
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike25690 View Post

My Harmony Ultimate is set up and working perfectly, except for one thing. I recently added favorite channels along with icons, and also added different icons for my activities. When syncing, the ultimate remote received all the changes, but the app on my iPhone did not. (Yes, I did sync the iPhone app separately.) It received the updated icons for my activities, but the new favorite channels and channel icons were not added. I can't find any info anywhere on why this isn't working. Any ideas?

I found the answer on the Logitech support site; apparently, after adding and/or changing favorite stations and logos, you have to first sync the iphone app, and then 'reset favorites' in the settings menu. The syncing alone will update any other changes made, but resetting the favorites is an additional requirement to update favorites addtions or changes on the app.
slarti42 likes this.

"I will drag you, kicking and screaming if I have to, into the modern world!" -- Peter the Great
My Setup
Mike25690 is offline  
post #1199 of 2176 Old 12-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Senior Member
 
rehaz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dguarnaccia View Post

Hi all, I did a bit of searching and couldn't find the answer so apologies if this has been answered before.

I currently have an 890 with 2 RF extenders. One for my equipment rack, and one for a ceiling mounted projector. I've read in the past that you can only control one hub with one harmony ultimate and I think that to be able to handle my rack, and PJ, I would need 2. Is that right? Are others able to use a single hub/ IR blasters do a rack and a projector 12 feet away? Or has the multiple hubs with one Harmony ultimate issue been resolved?

Thanks,

DG
only one hub can Be controlled at a time by a remote or Harmony App at a time
rehaz1 is offline  
post #1200 of 2176 Old 12-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Senior Member
 
HarmonySylvain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post

Well, I obtained my first negative experience with Logitech telephone tech support today for the Ultimate,

On My last telephone conversation a few days ago the tech rep emailed me a form while we were having the conversation. She stated to just attach the hex codes (posted above in my previous post) and they will try them. She stated that they would call me back. I asked her when I should call back if I don't hear from them (been there done that) and she said 2 days.

I did not receive a phone call so I called back today. The CSR stated that their engineers found the code I sent them not to work. If that was the case, where was my phone call?

I told the last CSR today that I have 7 more to try, as provided by mdavej above, and to please send me the form again. The CSR stated the form will be emailed to me in the next 3 mins, it has not.

Very pissed off

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post

Just to give you all an update

The last support tech I spoke to on 12/17 for a new issue (not hex code related as mentioned above and that is not resolved as they have not called me back) tries to insist that the error is on my part and not with the remote.

I have a new AVR receiver (less than 30 days) in which I found one device command in the Ultimate was not working. In addition to that, the label name of that command was different than the label name of the original remote, just an extra word. In the Ultimate, that command did nothing to the AVR when pressed but the button on the OEM remote does. First the support representative tried to tell me that the name/function on the Ultimate was different that the OEM remote. He stated this over and over and over again. And I told him over and over and over again that just because Logitech mislabeled the command on the Ultimate does not mean it is for a different function on the AVR. He asked me are you sure that the OEM remote does not say TunerBand.....Hello? I told you at least 5 times that the OEM, that I have in my hand as we speak says BAND....and the owners manual says BAND and you can google a picture of that remote and you will see BAND. Logitech just does't want to be wrong.

Anyway, since the Ultimate button did not function I thought I would "learn" the correct code from the OEM remote. The Ultimate did not reconize the OEM remote no matter what I or the support tech tried. At one point when the Ultimate was synced via it's internal sync command and the unit will freeze on the "checking firmware" screen and had to be reset several times. This is not the first attempt of this Ultimate not learning IR codes as two other OEM remotes have been used in attempts to learn missing IR codes as well with negative results.

The Ultimate rep "checked" with his supervisor AND tire 2 support.....Yeah? why can't I speak to tier 2 support directly when I request too like every other company I deal with, At&t, Verizon, Apple etc.?

The Ultimate rep told me that he was told by tier 2 to send the hex codes to them for the BAND command and they will "try" to address it. Nope I said. First I have no way to obtain the hex codes...after my attempt with Mits support to obtain some codes from them they told me that information was not publicized. I'm not going to waist my time doing that again with another manufacture (AVR) and loose time of returning my Ultimate to the original point of purchase (Amazon). Besides, that would be a workaround and not addressing the issue of a faulty Ultimate or software that is not allowing it to learn codes.

They already have 9 sets of hex codes that I sent them for a different issuer mentioned above that they have not responded to as they promised they would.

So I called Amazon and they shipped a replacement which I will receive before Xmas and sent me a prepaid return shipping label for the old remote.

I mentioned to the Ultimate tech rep that the replacement remote would be by final attempt with the Logitech brand if it has the same issues.

He sent me a customer satisfaction survey at the end of our conversation.

CaptMike, sorry you're having issues with support. Please send me the list of codes, which device(s) they are for and we'll get them added to your account.

Sylvain

Edit - if the list is too long to send via PM, or if attachments aren't supported, please let me know via PM and I'll provide an email address you can send them to.

______________________________________________
I am an employee of Logitech's Harmony division.
For questions, help or support, please visit Harmony's support site
HarmonySylvain is offline  
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off