post #1351 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 07:07 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimikaze View Post

Thanks, I'll try a device delay, but I don't understand why this only happens occasionally. Also, there are times when the tv starts on component 1 and I can see the cable signal, but then after a second it switches to air input. Again, doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Just curious is your OEM TV remote has a "toggle" switch for the inputs or dedicated buttons for each input?

Samsung UN65HU8550FXZA TS02
Yamaha TSR-6750WA
Sony S6200
Dish 211K
JM lab speakers
Harmony Ultimate remote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 07:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post

Just curious is your OEM TV remote has a "toggle" switch for the inputs or dedicated buttons for each input?

It has one button for switching inputs (TV/Video). Pushing it once will bring up the inputs menu on the tv and then each push after that will toggle the input. Alternatively, when the menu appears, I can push a number button corresponding with the input labels to go directly to that input. I can also scroll up and down with the d-pad.
post #1353 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 07:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Liked: 447
I've never seen an OEM TV remote with discrete input buttons. But many TVs respond to discrete input commands. So the OEM remote buttons are irrelevant. What brand TV do you have?
post #1354 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It has one button for switching inputs (TV/Video). Pushing it once will bring up the inputs menu on the tv and then each push after that will toggle the input. Alternatively, when the menu appears, I can push a number button corresponding with the input labels to go directly to that input. I can also scroll up and down with the d-pad.

I don't think it's a device delay issue

I think it is a discreet IR code issue.

Yamaha TSR-6750WA
Sony S6200
Dish 211K
JM lab speakers
Harmony Ultimate remote
post #1355 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

I've never seen an OEM TV remote with discrete input buttons. But many TVs respond to discrete input commands. So the OEM remote buttons are irrelevant. What brand TV do you have?

Panasonic TH-50PX50U
post #1356 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post

I don't think it's a device delay issue

I think it is a discreet IR code issue.

OK. What can I do?
post #1357 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

OK. What can I do?

See daves post above regading the make and model of your tv

Yamaha TSR-6750WA
Sony S6200
Dish 211K
JM lab speakers
Harmony Ultimate remote
post #1358 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 09:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Panny has discrete input codes. So no need to put up with that menu walking nonsense. First, try a different model from the database and see if it has discrete inputs. Failing that, ask Logitech to add the discrete input codes. If they can't find any, I can post them.

In any case, I'd keep the delay at at least 10 seconds.
post #1359 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

MdaveJ, question

I want to confirm my thought on this issue

I have x-10 lighting in the garage in which I want to control from a maxi controller or the IR543.

The problem is one of the ways that I can control that specific light is from the IBM RF remote utilizing an RF receiver also plugged into an outlet in the garage.

The IR543 or the maxi controller does not control that particular light unless I plug either one into an outlet in the garage.

I want to use an IR remote to control that particular light.

What is needed?

Yamaha TSR-6750WA
Sony S6200
Dish 211K
JM lab speakers
Harmony Ultimate remote
post #1360 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 11:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^

You need a phase coupler in your fuse box for the IR543 to work on all circuits. X10 used to sell them. I think I still have one somewhere. It takes some intestinal fortitude to install, or an electrician.

EDIT: I almost forgot. There is also a phase coupler you can simply plug into any 240V socket like the one for your dryer or oven.

What it does is allows X10 power line signals from your IR543 to cross phases (most home's electrical is evenly spread over 2 phases). As you already discovered, without this coupler, only devices on the same phase as your IR543 can be controlled from it.
post #1361 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 11:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

^^^

You need a phase coupler in your fuse box for the IR543 to work on all circuits. X10 used to sell them. I think I still have one somewhere. It takes some intestinal fortitude to install, or an electrician.

EDIT: I almost forgot. There is also a phase coupler you can simply plug into any 240V socket like the one for your dryer or oven.

What it does is allows X10 power line signals from your IR543 to cross phases (most home's electrical is evenly spread over 2 phases). As you already discovered, without this coupler, only devices on the same phase as your IR543 can be controlled from it.

Thank you

Yamaha TSR-6750WA
Sony S6200
Dish 211K
JM lab speakers
Harmony Ultimate remote
post #1362 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Hello everyone and happy new year!

I was on break over the holidays but see that you guys have been keeping busy smile.gif

I'll do my best to go through the last few pages of this thread to answer anything that hasn't been addressed yet, but may miss a question or comment. If that's the case, please feel free to bring it back to my attention, either directly within this thread of by PM.

Thanks,

Sylvain

post #1363 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post

Hello everyone and happy new year!

I was on break over the holidays but see that you guys have been keeping busy smile.gif

I'll do my best to go through the last few pages of this thread to answer anything that hasn't been addressed yet, but may miss a question or comment. If that's the case, please feel free to bring it back to my attention, either directly within this thread of by PM.

Thanks,

Sylvain

Awesome I'm hoping you can shed some light on my duplicate activity button push issue with the smart control
post #1364 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 12:51 PM

Hi zamboniman,

Yes! Here we go:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboniman View Post

Well I picked up the smart control thinking (hoping) it was the solution I've been waiting for. Got it all programmed up. Was excited loving the new remote especially the simple hard button remote. Everything is well in the world at 2AM. Morning time I'm all excited to share the joys of new found AV simplicity. Hand the remote to my 2yr old daughter and she stumbles on a HUGE issue in a matter of seconds.

I HOPE there is an easy fix.

Basically if you push an activity button on the hard remote more than once the whole system gets out of sync. If using the app it seems smart enough to "remember" where it was last and you can't "click" an activity twice. However grab that hard remote and one push all is great... another push.. and you're in remote hell. You're scrambling for those remotes now buried in the drawer to get everything back in sync.

Any thoughts on this? Known issue? Workarounds? Fix coming?

So far the "smart remote" was derailed from family acceptance in less than 30 seconds. It's nothing but a wowee novelty currently and not something that can be counted on.

As a side note I've also realized that my older vizio TV that lacks discrete input selection as well as power commands is a limiting factor as well. I've tried a few other models in the setup based on some quick google searching but the TV doesn't seem to accept the newer commands.

Seems like you've found the hidden Help feature on the Smart Control!

Pressing an Activity button again after it has powered on assumes the Activity didn't start correctly, and triggers an algorithm that tries to get your devices back to their correct states. The efficiency of this algorithm depends on how many non-discrete devices are in your Activity, and the Activity button may need to be pressed multiple times in order to get to the correct states. Using it when your Activity has actually started properly will of course, as you say, be disruptive...

Has anyone else noticed this feature? How is it working for you?

post #1365 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by met64 View Post

Did a quick search in this thread and did not see anything. I have been sampling remotes for my bedroom set-up and have been trying the smart control plus hub. The app is completely useless but I do like the hard buttons on the remote. Anyway, I have a Zvox sound bar, that after manually trying to learn the commands plus adding through my harmony I can't get the smart control to operate it's basic functions like power on/off, volume up/down, etc. I emailed Logitech support but figured I would post here to see if anyone has had success with the Zvox 555 speaker w/harmony smart? Thank you in advance!

Hi met64,

The Zvox 555 device is in our database and should not need to be manually added.

Please try deleting the device you added from your account, and adding it again as

Manufacturer: Zvox
Model number: 555

Any Activities using the older, deleted device will need to be set up again to use the new version.

Regards,

Sylvain

post #1366 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:

Panny has discrete input codes. So no need to put up with that menu walking nonsense. First, try a different model from the database and see if it has discrete inputs. Failing that, ask Logitech to add the discrete input codes. If they can't find any, I can post them.

Thanks, mdavej! I'll give that a try and let you guys know how it goes.
post #1367 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eday_2010 View Post

Does anyone else have the issue where after syncing, when you select an activity such as "Watch TV", most of the buttons and touch screen commands don't work? This happens to me regularly, and after fiddling around in the Settings and elsewhere, they start working. I would like to get this solved. It would be nice if this new advanced remote functioned as well as my Harmony 890.

Hi eday,

We'd like to take a look at the logs generated by your hub to see if we can find anything related to this issue. Would you mind PMing me your email ID please? Your password is not needed.

Thanks

Sylvain

post #1368 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:

Actually, I should mention that when turning on any activity involving the tv, I don't see any menu walking on the screen. It seems to go directly to the assigned input... when it's working correctly, that is.

So how can I tell if a different model has discrete inputs? I'm assuming that I have to go through myharmony.com?
post #1369 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 01:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Actually, I should mention that when turning on any activity involving the tv, I don't see any menu walking on the screen. It seems to go directly to the assigned input... when it's working correctly, that is.

So how can I tell if a different model has discrete inputs? I'm assuming that I have to go through myharmony.com?
Sorry, I misunderstood then. Sounds like it's already using discretes. Could still be timing, HDMI-CEC (disable that - viera link), or using the wrong input commands. Test each in device mode to confirm they work as described. To get the timing right, turn on the TV and start a timer. Then press vol+ or ch+ constantly. Note the time at which the TV starts to react. That plus 500 ms is your power on delay.
post #1370 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 01:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

Hi met64,

The Zvox 555 device is in our database and should not need to be manually added.

Please try deleting the device you added from your account, and adding it again as

Manufacturer: Zvox
Model number: 555

Any Activities using the older, deleted device will need to be set up again to use the new version.

Regards,

Sylvain

Thank you for the reply. I have tried that more than once. I also posted on the LT forum. Where I am now is, I have 4 days left in return window. I basically started completely over and reentered everything, including activities, reset hub, etc. I did this on Sunday this past weekend. Yesterday, Monday it exhibited same issues as before. Intermittent failure of Harmony Smart Control to control the Zvox basic functions (on.off/volume,mute) etc.
When it works, I love it. I am checking again later today and will report back. Could it be, I just have a lemon?
post #1371 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 01:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Could be IR interference. How does the original remote work? What kind of TV?
post #1372 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

Hi zamboniman,

Yes! Here we go:
Seems like you've found the hidden Help feature on the Smart Control!

Pressing an Activity button again after it has powered on assumes the Activity didn't start correctly, and triggers an algorithm that tries to get your devices back to their correct states. The efficiency of this algorithm depends on how many non-discrete devices are in your Activity, and the Activity button may need to be pressed multiple times in order to get to the correct states. Using it when your Activity has actually started properly will of course, as you say, be disruptive...

Has anyone else noticed this feature? How is it working for you?

First off THANK YOU for the quick reply!

Arggg! I love hidden "features". I can appreciate the thought of it now that I understand what it's doing and the non predictable behavior with multiple presses. Unfortunately, in my case the perfect storm. A vizio TV with only a power button toggle AND only input toggles. So I can see how your algorithm can create some havoc with my TV settings. ... ending up on wrong inputs then off then a mix of both. The kicker is devices without discrete commands are painful.

That all said. I would really like this "feature" to be allowed to be disabled in advanced programming somewhere. i.e. allow it to be there for some or if desired. But in my case I'd much rather have it work without the "help" algorithm knowing that I have to do some manual "help" intervention if a command gets missed. The reliability of commands getting accepted can be managed to be pretty high with thoughtful emitter placement and tweaking delays etc. I'd surely take the risk of the occasional potential out of sync rather than hand the remote to the kids and often be out of sync with frustrated users.
post #1373 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:

Thank you for the reply. I have tried that more than once. I also posted on the LT forum. Where I am now is, I have 4 days left in return window. I basically started completely over and reentered everything, including activities, reset hub, etc. I did this on Sunday this past weekend. Yesterday, Monday it exhibited same issues as before. Intermittent failure of Harmony Smart Control to control the Zvox basic functions (on.off/volume,mute) etc.
When it works, I love it. I am checking again later today and will report back. Could it be, I just have a lemon?

In addition to mdavej's questions - is the hub properly firing IR when the Zvox is not responding? To check this, view your hub through a digital camera (phone, webcam, etc). When it's actually firing IR signals, you will see a white flash coming from the hub.

Thanks

Sylvain

post #1374 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboniman View Post

First off THANK YOU for the quick reply!

Arggg! I love hidden "features". I can appreciate the thought of it now that I understand what it's doing and the non predictable behavior with multiple presses. Unfortunately, in my case the perfect storm. A vizio TV with only a power button toggle AND only input toggles. So I can see how your algorithm can create some havoc with my TV settings. ... ending up on wrong inputs then off then a mix of both. The kicker is devices without discrete commands are painful.

That all said. I would really like this "feature" to be allowed to be disabled in advanced programming somewhere. i.e. allow it to be there for some or if desired. But in my case I'd much rather have it work without the "help" algorithm knowing that I have to do some manual "help" intervention if a command gets missed. The reliability of commands getting accepted can be managed to be pretty high with thoughtful emitter placement and tweaking delays etc. I'd surely take the risk of the occasional potential out of sync rather than hand the remote to the kids and often be out of sync with frustrated users.

Thank you for the feedback zamboniman. It has been noted!

(I haven't responded to each and everyone's thoughts in the last few pages of this thread, but they have also been noted! Thanks everyone!)

post #1375 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 05:14 PM

Liked: 11
Harmony Sylvain,
Please see post #1325 for more detail.

Is there a known issue with PS3 firmware version 4.53 and the harmony ultimate?

Doesn't seem to be any consistent reports in the LT forum.

Thanks in advance
hltr likes this.
post #1376 of 2473 Old 01-07-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartl007 View Post

Harmony Sylvain,
Please see post #1325 for more detail.

Is there a known issue with PS3 firmware version 4.53 and the harmony ultimate?

Doesn't seem to be any consistent reports in the LT forum.

Thanks in advance

Hi bartl007,

There are no known issues between the Ultimate and PS3 on their respective latest firmwares, but I've brought your post to our QA team's attention for further investigation. I'll let you know if anything comes up.

Thanks,

Sylvain

post #1377 of 2473 Old 01-08-2014, 11:43 AM
4WR

Hi guys;
I recently installed an Ultimate to replace a ONE that the screen partially crapped out on.
I imported my settings from “Harmony software” to “My Harmony” and all went well but with regards to my Marantz AV-8003 pre-amp a warning told me that input switching MAY need attention. It did not tell me what kind of attention would be required.

The problem is that when starting an activity the Marantz is always either out of sync power wise or on the wrong input. No amount of pushing help or going directly to inputs in device mode will switch to the correct input.

When switching commands away from the hub to the remote it works every time. No matter where I place the hub it still acts this way. All other commands work, as they should.

Any thoughts on what I could try to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Take Care
post #1378 of 2473 Old 01-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Could be IR interference. How does the original remote work? What kind of TV?

Hi, Thxs for the reply. The TV is Samsung (not sure of model #). And as for the remote, do you mean the Zvox remote?
post #1379 of 2473 Old 01-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

In addition to mdavej's questions - is the hub properly firing IR when the Zvox is not responding? To check this, view your hub through a digital camera (phone, webcam, etc). When it's actually firing IR signals, you will see a white flash coming from the hub.

Thanks

Sylvain

Thxs for the reply. It seems at least for the last 2 days the Harmony Smart is working great with all my gear including the Zvox. I deleted everything, and reentered all info and rest the hub again, and it seems to be working as it should. But to answer your question, I can see the white flashing. I don't know why all of a sudden it is working. The only thing I did differently was move the repeater a few feet from where it was positioned before.
post #1380 of 2473 Old 01-08-2014, 07:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

The only thing I did differently was move the repeater a few feet from where it was positioned before.

Repeater???

What do you mean?

Regards, Frederick C. Wilt
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control