post #1441 of 2483 Old 01-16-2014, 02:06 PM
4WR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post

Thanks to the both of you. I will do one or the other.

Or BOTH !!smile.gif

Take Care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 2483 Old 01-16-2014, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WR View Post

True... I guess I'm lucky that everone likes (or doesn't care about) the channels I chose.

Any thoughts on my post #1377 that read...

Hi guys;
I recently installed an Ultimate to replace a ONE that the screen partially crapped out on.
I imported my settings from “Harmony software” to “My Harmony” and all went well but with regards to my Marantz AV-8003 pre-amp a warning told me that input switching MAY need attention. It did not tell me what kind of attention would be required.

The problem is that when starting an activity the Marantz is always either out of sync power wise or on the wrong input. No amount of pushing help or going directly to inputs in device mode will switch to the correct input.

When switching commands away from the hub to the remote it works every time. No matter where I place the hub it still acts this way. All other commands work, as they should.

Any thoughts on what I could try to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Take Care

I've contacted you via PM to see what's going on.

post #1443 of 2483 Old 01-16-2014, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:

True... I guess I'm lucky that everone likes (or doesn't care about) the channels I chose.

Any thoughts on my post #1377 that read...

Hi guys;
I recently installed an Ultimate to replace a ONE that the screen partially crapped out on.
I imported my settings from “Harmony software” to “My Harmony” and all went well but with regards to my Marantz AV-8003 pre-amp a warning told me that input switching MAY need attention. It did not tell me what kind of attention would be required.

The problem is that when starting an activity the Marantz is always either out of sync power wise or on the wrong input. No amount of pushing help or going directly to inputs in device mode will switch to the correct input.

When switching commands away from the hub to the remote it works every time. No matter where I place the hub it still acts this way. All other commands work, as they should.

Any thoughts on what I could try to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Take Care

4WR, I ran into a similar issue with my HTPC. It had a little warning icon on it in the My Harmony software and it was never very clear what the problem was. It could be that they added more discrete commands for the inputs, so you need to remap all your inputs for your activities. Is it possible that when you set it up you had to choose another similar Marantz model? It could be that when you got yours they didn't have a complete command set for it, and now they do. What you may need to do is remove that device and add it back in. It sucks because that will affect every activity, but it might give you far better options for control. That's what I did with my HTPC, it turns out they have multiple entries that can match Windows Media Center and only certain ones are really useful.
post #1444 of 2483 Old 01-16-2014, 05:30 PM

Liked: 17
Can anyone help me figure out why when I tap the volume button up or down its jumps two numbers? Can I fix this?
post #1445 of 2483 Old 01-16-2014, 06:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Zaaaaayyyy View Post

Can anyone help me figure out why when I tap the volume button up or down its jumps two numbers? Can I fix this?

What device "jumps two numbers" and what numbers are you referring to?

Samsung UN65HU8550FXZA TS02, X-10 lighting, IR543 Powerhouse Command Center
Yamaha TSR-6750WA
Sony S6200
Dish 211K
JM lab speakers
Harmony Ultimate remote
post #1446 of 2483 Old 01-16-2014, 06:18 PM

Sorry,Harmony ultimate to my bose lifestyle T-20 when I turn the volume up it will jump 2 numbers up same turning it down,also have oppo bdp-105 running wit the harmony
post #1447 of 2483 Old 01-16-2014, 06:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Sorry,Harmony ultimate to my bose lifestyle T-20 when I turn the volume up it will jump 2 numbers up same turning it down,also have oppo bdp-105 running wit the harmony

Ok, what would you like it to do?

And what does the OEM remote control do to the device when you press the volume up or down?

Yamaha TSR-6750WA
Sony S6200
Dish 211K
JM lab speakers
Harmony Ultimate remote
post #1448 of 2483 Old 01-16-2014, 06:29 PM

When I tap the volume up or down say when it's a volume 30 and I tap the volume up and goes at 31 and not to 32
post #1449 of 2483 Old 01-16-2014, 06:32 PM

Quote:

Ok, what would you like it to do? Bose remote jumps one number at a time when turning it up or down

And what does the OEM remote control do to the device when you press the volume up or down?
post #1450 of 2483 Old 01-16-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:

Ok, what would you like it to do? Bose remote jumps from one number at a time,unlike the ultimate

post #1451 of 2483 Old 01-16-2014, 07:46 PM
4WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Mickunas View Post

4WR, I ran into a similar issue with my HTPC. It had a little warning icon on it in the My Harmony software and it was never very clear what the problem was. It could be that they added more discrete commands for the inputs, so you need to remap all your inputs for your activities. Is it possible that when you set it up you had to choose another similar Marantz model? It could be that when you got yours they didn't have a complete command set for it, and now they do. What you may need to do is remove that device and add it back in. It sucks because that will affect every activity, but it might give you far better options for control. That's what I did with my HTPC, it turns out they have multiple entries that can match Windows Media Center and only certain ones are really useful.

Hi Keith

Thanks for your response.
My previous remote ( A Harmony ONE) worked PERFECT every time.
The software allowed the transfer of all my settings and devices to the Ultimate but did tell me there would be an issue with input switching. (but not what to do about fixing it)
Its weird because it's so eratic and unpredictable (sometimes perfect and other times 10 or 15 trys will get it to switch, if at all.
Moving control away from the hub to the handset resolves all problems so it has to have the right codes.
Unless the hub uses a different set of codes than the handset.
I'm in discussion with Sylvain now so I'll keep you posted.
Last resort (as you said) is to uninstall / reinstall the device and see what happens.
Thanks again!

Take Care
post #1452 of 2483 Old 01-16-2014, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hi Keith

Thanks for your response.
My previous remote ( A Harmony ONE) worked PERFECT every time.
The software allowed the transfer of all my settings and devices to the Ultimate but did tell me there would be an issue with input switching. (but not what to do about fixing it)
Its weird because it's so eratic and unpredictable (sometimes perfect and other times 10 or 15 trys will get it to switch, if at all.
Moving control away from the hub to the handset resolves all problems so it has to have the right codes.
Unless the hub uses a different set of codes than the handset.
I'm in discussion with Sylvain now so I'll keep you posted.
Last resort (as you said) is to uninstall / reinstall the device and see what happens.
Thanks again!

Take Care

Well is there an issue with where the hub is located compared to the receiver? Do other commands work ok with the receiver other than input switching?
post #1453 of 2483 Old 01-17-2014, 10:06 AM
4WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Mickunas View Post

Well is there an issue with where the hub is located compared to the receiver? Do other commands work ok with the receiver other than input switching?

Both hub and handset sitting right next to each other or separated across the room from each other makes no difference.
ALL other commands work as they should apart from power state (sometimes) and input (almost allways) on my Marantz.

Thanks for your comments.

Take Care
post #1454 of 2483 Old 01-17-2014, 10:25 AM
Advanced Member

Hello Sylvain

Why would my Mits TV (Watch TV Activity-input 2) cycle through it's inputs when the Watch TV Activity is selected FROM coming from a different Activity...even when those inputs are discreet IR codes?

Example:

Watch TV (input 2)- All desired components turn on and to correct input

FROM Watch TV to another activity that uses the TV such as PLAY WII, which is input 3, the TV will go directly to that input since it is after the TV input 2 BUT....when I go back to the Watch TV (Input 2) Activity, the TV will cycle through: Component, Antenna A, Antenna B, Input 1 finally to arrive at Input 2.

There are discreet IR codes for everything except the Component (which we attempted to tackle when I sent you the 12 sets of hex codes).

If I go to DEVICES (tv), there are the discreet inputs that work for all of the above mentioned inputs (not toggling through them) ....except for the Component, but again...that is a separate issue.

So why then if I can directly switch from input 3 back to input 2 or from input 3 to Antenna A with the DEVICE TV buttons, it has to CYCLE through the inputs when I go from Activity Watch Wii (input 3) back to Watch TV (Input 2)?

Yamaha TSR-6750WA
Sony S6200
Dish 211K
JM lab speakers
Harmony Ultimate remote
post #1455 of 2483 Old 01-17-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:

When I tap the volume up or down say when it's a volume 30 and I tap the volume up and goes at 31 and not to 32

Hi Mike,

To adjust repeats for your Bose Lifestyle, select it from within your MyHarmony account and click 'Change device settings'. In the 'Device command repeats' screen, reduce the current value. Don't forget to sync your remote once that's done, and try it out!

Regards,

Sylvain

post #1456 of 2483 Old 01-17-2014, 04:55 PM

Thanks sylvain I give it a try,love the ultimate when I tell my my wife how much I paid she said you paid how much! Well worth the $$
post #1457 of 2483 Old 01-17-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:

Hello Sylvain

Why would my Mits TV (Watch TV Activity-input 2) cycle through it's inputs when the Watch TV Activity is selected FROM coming from a different Activity...even when those inputs are discreet IR codes?

Example:

Watch TV (input 2)- All desired components turn on and to correct input

FROM Watch TV to another activity that uses the TV such as PLAY WII, which is input 3, the TV will go directly to that input since it is after the TV input 2 BUT....when I go back to the Watch TV (Input 2) Activity, the TV will cycle through: Component, Antenna A, Antenna B, Input 1 finally to arrive at Input 2.

There are discreet IR codes for everything except the Component (which we attempted to tackle when I sent you the 12 sets of hex codes).

If I go to DEVICES (tv), there are the discreet inputs that work for all of the above mentioned inputs (not toggling through them) ....except for the Component, but again...that is a separate issue.

So why then if I can directly switch from input 3 back to input 2 or from input 3 to Antenna A with the DEVICE TV buttons, it has to CYCLE through the inputs when I go from Activity Watch Wii (input 3) back to Watch TV (Input 2)?

Hi CaptMike

I just peeked inside the account you provided earlier via PM.

The Mitsubishi TV in your account is set to use toggle inputs (I press a button and it immediately changes to a new input, and I repeat if necessary) instead of discretes (I press different buttons that directly switch to DVD or other inputs).

I didn't switch the TV back to discrete for fear of messing something up that you might be trying, but this can be changed in your account by selecting your TV and clicking Change Device Settings > Input Settings.

Hopefully that will do the trick!

Sylvain

post #1458 of 2483 Old 01-17-2014, 08:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post

Hi CaptMike

The Mitsubishi TV in your account is set to use toggle inputs (I press a button and it immediately changes to a new input, and I repeat if necessary) instead of discretes (I press different buttons that directly switch to DVD or other inputs).

I didn't switch the TV back to discrete for fear of messing something up that you might be trying, but this can be changed in your account by selecting your TV and clicking Change Device Settings > Input Settings.

Sylvain

One thing to consider regards the prompts you referenced above.

While a TV may have discrete IR codes for selecting inputs, selecting inputs via the TVs remote may not involve pressing a button the steps through the inputs OR pressing discrete buttons to select the desired input

Some TVs have you press a button that brings up a menu of inputs and then press the up/down/enter buttons to select the select the desired input.

So a consumer may not understand which option should be selected - since his experience with the remote does not exactly match either prompt.

Just something to think about.

Regards, Frederick C. Wilt
post #1459 of 2483 Old 01-18-2014, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hi CaptMike

Sylvain

Hello Sylvain

I went to the settings as you described

As you saw in my account, my current inputs are set to: I press a button and it immediately changes to a new input, and I repeat if necessary and the Which command changes to the next input question is answered by NextInput being selected from that drop down box on the NEXT page.

So....

I changed the first setting to: I press a different buttons that directly switch to DVD or other inputs and left all of the inputs alone that are on the NEXT page ("What are the inputs for your TV") in the left table.

The result is what I was looking for.....not cycling through the inputs....but the problem there was, because we do not have a valid IR code for "Component", It screws things up as the TV never gets to the COMPONENT input even with the HELP button.

So I switched it back to the first settings that Logitech support set up.

If we can only find a valid IR code for Component.....that would fix the problems.

Yamaha TSR-6750WA
Sony S6200
Dish 211K
JM lab speakers
Harmony Ultimate remote
post #1460 of 2483 Old 01-18-2014, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

Hi Mike,

To adjust repeats for your Bose Lifestyle, select it from within your MyHarmony account and click 'Change device settings'. In the 'Device command repeats' screen, reduce the current value. Don't forget to sync your remote once that's done, and try it out!

Regards,

Sylvain

I tried this to stop the tv from changing 2 numbers at a time adjusting picture contrast or others but it did not fix it. It was default command repeat slider all the way to the right but 0 or another setting doesn't fix it.
post #1461 of 2483 Old 01-18-2014, 05:02 PM

Liked: 13
I stopped by Best Buy yesterday and noticed the Ultimate was on sale for $249. This the cheapest I have seen this remote. Sales person said today was the last day at this price. Thinking of driving over and picking one up...
post #1462 of 2483 Old 01-18-2014, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatLocker View Post

I stopped by Best Buy yesterday and noticed the Ultimate was on sale for $249. This the cheapest I have seen this remote. Sales person said today was the last day at this price. Thinking of driving over and picking one up...

Tell bb I said to go screw themselves.

Yamaha TSR-6750WA
Sony S6200
Dish 211K
JM lab speakers
Harmony Ultimate remote
post #1463 of 2483 Old 01-18-2014, 05:32 PM

Hi...not sure if anyone has had this problem. I have the Harmony Smart Control (non-Ultimate) system w/ the simplistic remote and iOS app. Everything works fine and as expected with the exception of the volume control on the physical remote. It is very intermittent where the mute works all the time along with all the other buttons but the volume up and down rarely works. I don't see the green light flash on the hub like when I press any other button on the remote or by using the iOS app.

Any help for this would be greatly appreciated.

Love the Harmony line of remotes and have been using them for some years now!
post #1464 of 2483 Old 01-18-2014, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatLocker View Post

Frys had it for $199 over New Years but I was out of town mad.gif.

I really only need the smart so I got that for 99 instead.
post #1465 of 2483 Old 01-19-2014, 07:12 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by riji2 View Post
I know how I can lock the Ultimate, but how to lock only the touch screen?
My problem is with the media player: I often use the buttons at the top of the RC, but occasionally I also need those at the bottom and it's happened to me a few times that I accidentally touch the screen and another activity is started.
Since I don't use the screen with that activity, it would be easy if I could turn it off.

Yes, that would be a great feature
Logitech...are you listening?
I also would like the ability to lock only the touch screen.

I have asked for this new feature at Logitech support service
and they have send this to the the relevant department.
post #1466 of 2483 Old 01-20-2014, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdavis220 View Post

Hi...not sure if anyone has had this problem. I have the Harmony Smart Control (non-Ultimate) system w/ the simplistic remote and iOS app. Everything works fine and as expected with the exception of the volume control on the physical remote. It is very intermittent where the mute works all the time along with all the other buttons but the volume up and down rarely works. I don't see the green light flash on the hub like when I press any other button on the remote or by using the iOS app.

Any help for this would be greatly appreciated.

Love the Harmony line of remotes and have been using them for some years now!

No problem here. Maybe the button on the remote is not making contact.
post #1467 of 2483 Old 01-20-2014, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Just Hoping someone can shed a little light for me if the Ultimate not the smart will emit IR from the remote itself for my TV Only and does NOT have to come from a blaster plugged into the hub that will be in a media closet down the hall? I've gotten a couple different answers in the past from folks that actually have the ultimate and was looking through online manuals and nothing I can find really is specific...its not a big deal I do have an extra cat5 cable at my TV wall mount and can extend a blaster but just wanna know...it doesn't make sense that Harmony would do that but I've read a lot about harmony doing things that dont make sense so it wouldn't surprise me....any links to specific details would be much appreciated.
post #1468 of 2483 Old 01-20-2014, 11:07 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadking00 View Post

Just Hoping someone can shed a little light for me if the Ultimate not the smart will emit IR from the remote itself for my TV Only and does NOT have to come from a blaster plugged into the hub that will be in a media closet down the hall? I've gotten a couple different answers in the past from folks that actually have the ultimate and was looking through online manuals and nothing I can find really is specific...its not a big deal I do have an extra cat5 cable at my TV wall mount and can extend a blaster but just wanna know...it doesn't make sense that Harmony would do that but I've read a lot about harmony doing things that dont make sense so it wouldn't surprise me....any links to specific details would be much appreciated.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/05/logitech-harmony-ultimate-smart-hub-review/

This review shows a screen shot where you can choose to output IR from the Remote or the Hub.

So unless there has been a change since this review I would say "Yes it does".

Regards, Frederick C. Wilt
post #1469 of 2483 Old 01-20-2014, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadking00 View Post

The Ultimate absolutely supports IR direct from the remote. This is covered in section 2 of the FAQ in the very first post of this thread, and has been discussed multiple times throughout the thread and at no time did it not support this feature and if someone claimed it didn't in this thread they would have been shot down immediately. The smart does not support IR in the remote though.
post #1470 of 2483 Old 01-20-2014, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcwilt View Post

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/05/logitech-harmony-ultimate-smart-hub-review/

This review shows a screen shot where you can choose to output IR from the Remote or the Hub.

So unless there has been a change since this review I would say "Yes it does".

Thanks a bunch, I was just hoping it only gave you the option of one or the other and that was it, looks like from that screen shot you can choose either option for whichever device you have.... SWEET....Thanks again....
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page