post #1621 of 2198 Old 02-02-2014, 07:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by hltr View Post

That's the statement that caught my attention big time. Since the phone app does absolutely nothing with IR, it does not make a bit of difference (in regards to the app) whether the doors are open or not. So, if you are only getting results with doors open this suggests to me that the hub itself is firing IR and your TV "catches" it (there are blasters built into the Hub), and either the wired blasters are not sending IR or they are not positioned in a way that the tv can catch the IR.

Based on the fact that it was working fine before with the positioning you had established, it seems at least possible that the hub has stopped sending IR commands to the blaster ports.

Would it be possible the hub is experiencing interference? The only change i have introduced to my environment is a power conditioner. However, I have relocated the hub twice this morning with same result.

Denon AVR X1000

Klipsch RF-62 II 

Klipsch RC-62 II

Klipsch RB-61 II

SVS PB-2000

SVS PB-1000

LG 47LE5400

Samsung Blue-ray BD-P3600

Logitech Harmony Smart Control

Panamax M5100-PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 2198 Old 02-02-2014, 07:48 AM

Liked: 13
Have you tried holding/positioning the wired blasters at different angles/different locations while the doors are closed? And you are 100% sure the jacks are plugged all the way in?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1623 of 2198 Old 02-02-2014, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Have you tried holding/positioning the wired blasters at different angles/different locations while the doors are closed? And you are 100% sure the jacks are plugged all the way in?

Firmly seated on the jacks... I did pull the blaster out and placed it directly on the floor in front of me - nothing. Puzzling - now the damn thing wont even accept commands at all regardless if the doors are open or not.

Denon AVR X1000

Klipsch RF-62 II 

Klipsch RC-62 II

Klipsch RB-61 II

SVS PB-2000

SVS PB-1000

LG 47LE5400

Panamax M5100-PM

post #1624 of 2198 Old 02-02-2014, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Have you guys added support for Belkin Wemo? I'd like to get one to power my Crown amps on/off for my IB line array. It would be nice to add that to the programming and put them on a delay since my main amp is 12V triggered off the preamp. It would require a signal over the LAN vs. IR of course.
post #1625 of 2198 Old 02-02-2014, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post

@ PHW1

It's a long shot but try rebooting the remote...press and hold off button until lcd screen goes dark then release off button AFTER Harmony logo appears on lcd.

Its gone from bad to worse... Its not responding to anything. The power button, etc. its dead. I am also getting an error while trying to set activities. Very frustrated with this thing....

Denon AVR X1000

Klipsch RF-62 II 

Klipsch RC-62 II

Klipsch RB-61 II

SVS PB-2000

SVS PB-1000

LG 47LE5400

Panamax M5100-PM

post #1626 of 2198 Old 02-02-2014, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWH1 View Post

Firmly seated on the jacks... I did pull the blaster out and placed it directly on the floor in front of me - nothing. Puzzling - now the damn thing wont even accept commands at all regardless if the doors are open or not.

do you have a smart phone app and does that work?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1627 of 2198 Old 02-02-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:

Its gone from bad to worse... Its not responding to anything. The power button, etc. its dead. I am also getting an error while trying to set activities. Very frustrated with this thing....

Sorry about that suggestion, I did not realize until after I posted the above that you did not have the Ultimate.

post #1628 of 2198 Old 02-02-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:

Batteries?

post #1629 of 2198 Old 02-02-2014, 08:28 AM

I'm sure you have seen this but just for reference:

If your Harmony Smart Control stops sending commands or the Harmony App is unable to discover the Hub, rebooting the Harmony Hub often resolves the problem. To reboot the Harmony Hub, disconnect the power cable, wait 10 seconds, then connect it again. Rebooting your router by disconnecting and reconnecting its power cable sometimes helps with Wi-Fi connectivity issues.

If the Harmony App continues to control your devices but the Harmony Smart Control remote does not, you may have to re-pair the remote and the hub.
Ensure the Hub is powered. Wait 30 seconds after first connecting it to a power supply.
Press the Pair/Reset button on the back of the hub.
Press both the Menu and Mute buttons on the remote at the same time.
Once successful, the LED on the Harmony Hub will blink green for 2 seconds, then remain solid green. If this is not successful, try replacing the batteries in the Harmony Smart Control remote.

post #1630 of 2198 Old 02-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'm sure you have seen this but just for reference:

If your Harmony Smart Control stops sending commands or the Harmony App is unable to discover the Hub, rebooting the Harmony Hub often resolves the problem. To reboot the Harmony Hub, disconnect the power cable, wait 10 seconds, then connect it again. Rebooting your router by disconnecting and reconnecting its power cable sometimes helps with Wi-Fi connectivity issues.

If the Harmony App continues to control your devices but the Harmony Smart Control remote does not, you may have to re-pair the remote and the hub.
Ensure the Hub is powered. Wait 30 seconds after first connecting it to a power supply.
Press the Pair/Reset button on the back of the hub.
Press both the Menu and Mute buttons on the remote at the same time.
Once successful, the LED on the Harmony Hub will blink green for 2 seconds, then remain solid green. If this is not successful, try replacing the batteries in the Harmony Smart Control remote.

Thanks Mike... Trying your suggestion. Here's where I am at...

1. I was able to get the remote to work directly with the hub absent IR blaster
2. However, the activity function to watch tv and turn on the DVR and TV will not work as it errors when syncing (see provided image)
3. This unit is a month old - highly unlikely that batteries are the issue here.

Denon AVR X1000

Klipsch RF-62 II 

Klipsch RC-62 II

Klipsch RB-61 II

SVS PB-2000

SVS PB-1000

LG 47LE5400

Panamax M5100-PM

post #1631 of 2198 Old 02-02-2014, 08:57 AM
Advanced Member

I just deleted all activities, re-established and synced with the aforementioned error not re-occurring. The remote works as it should as long as the remote and hub are point to point (doors open on cabinet). The phone app as well works in the same scenario. Close doors and its over, no longer communicates with hub via the mini blaster. I guess I would have to deduce that the IR blaster has gone bad? I know the hub works, the remote works and the phone app works. Wonder if the IR blaster is covered under Logitech warranty?

Denon AVR X1000

Klipsch RF-62 II 

Klipsch RC-62 II

Klipsch RB-61 II

SVS PB-2000

SVS PB-1000

LG 47LE5400

Panamax M5100-PM

post #1632 of 2198 Old 02-02-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Close doors and its over, no longer communicates with hub via the mini blaster

While that is possible, I'd suspect that it IS communicating with the hub, but the hub is not sending commands through the blaster, but rather just firing its own internal blasters (which have no effect since the doors are closed).

Have you checked the settings to be certain that the blaster is being used?

post #1633 of 2198 Old 02-02-2014, 09:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

While that is possible, I'd suspect that it IS communicating with the hub, but the hub is not sending commands through the blaster, but rather just firing its own internal blasters (which have no effect since the doors are closed).

Have you checked the settings to be certain that the blaster is being used?

Yea, the hub is assigned as Hub & Mini-blasters for all devices.... So, I just removed the hub from the cabinet to sit on top of the cabinet and it worked wonderful. No small task as I have to move a bunch of crap around to move it. So, put everything back together and now the hub is again not responding to the remote. Direct line - green light blinks when remote is triggered, but nothing occurs beyond that.

Denon AVR X1000

Klipsch RF-62 II 

Klipsch RC-62 II

Klipsch RB-61 II

SVS PB-2000

SVS PB-1000

LG 47LE5400

Panamax M5100-PM

post #1634 of 2198 Old 02-02-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
green light blinks when remote is triggered, but nothing occurs beyond that.

Well, then it IS communicating... so at least that tell us something.

post #1635 of 2198 Old 02-02-2014, 09:31 AM

Did you try the re-pair routine that Mike suggested?

post #1636 of 2198 Old 02-02-2014, 09:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Did you try the re-pair routine that Mike suggested?

Yes....mad.gif This is unreal. I did everything Mike suggested and when re-paring the hub with the remote it immediately turns from red to green and blinks. Select guide... light blinks but nothing occurs. No menu.

Denon AVR X1000

Klipsch RF-62 II 

Klipsch RC-62 II

Klipsch RB-61 II

SVS PB-2000

SVS PB-1000

LG 47LE5400

Panamax M5100-PM

post #1637 of 2198 Old 02-02-2014, 09:43 AM

Sorry to hear...we all know how frustrating it can be when stuff starts acting up like this.

Hopefully someone will have a suggestion that gets that Hub behaving again.

post #1638 of 2198 Old 02-02-2014, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Yea, now its doing nothing.... no blinking light when remote command sent. Wow, could have saved myself a nice chunk of change and stayed with my ole tried and true Verizon remote. Purchased a external blaster (using battery insert) for that I have been using for a couple of years and that worked without fail. Guess I will be putting that back in the mix today, call Logitech on Monday after work and see what the hell can be done with this wonderful remote/hub.

Denon AVR X1000

Klipsch RF-62 II 

Klipsch RC-62 II

Klipsch RB-61 II

SVS PB-2000

SVS PB-1000

LG 47LE5400

Panamax M5100-PM

post #1639 of 2198 Old 02-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Advanced Member

This is absolutely weird... I have narrowed it down.

I pulled the hub out of the cabinet so its sitting on top with no obstruction. The hub has been non-responsive. So, I tried the iPhone app and the thing comes back to life and starts working from the iPhone.

1. The iPhone app works and I can control my DVR/TV. However, ONLY if the cabinet doors are open. If I shut them, stops responding...

2. Once the iPhone app is working then the remote control starts to work. Again, shut doors on cabinet everything stops responding from the remote....

What the hell does closing the doors on my cabinet have to do with this??? The hub is sitting outside of the cabinet!!! The remote is requiring a direct line of sight to the STB. That is so contrary to the purpose of this device that I am baffled beyond logical explanation.

Anyone have any ideas as to why it only works if the cabinet doors are open?

Denon AVR X1000

Klipsch RF-62 II 

Klipsch RC-62 II

Klipsch RB-61 II

SVS PB-2000

SVS PB-1000

LG 47LE5400

Panamax M5100-PM

post #1640 of 2198 Old 02-02-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
What the hell does closing the doors on my cabinet have to do with this??? The hub is sitting outside of the cabinet!!!

Well, at least you are trying different things and gathering clues. And that is a bizarre clue to be sure. What I've heard you say today is this:

With the Hub inside the cabinet, the doors need to be open to control your TV, BUT:

With the Hub on top of the cabinet, the doors STILL need to be open.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that those doors are creating a necessary reflection of the IR signals...sure seems unlikely, but who knows.

One other thought.... you don't have an IR receiver wired into your system somewhere that you forgot about, do you?

post #1641 of 2198 Old 02-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Well, at least you are trying different things and gathering clues. And that is a bizarre clue to be sure. What I've heard you say today is this:

With the Hub inside the cabinet, the doors need to be open to control your TV, BUT:

With the Hub on top of the cabinet, the doors STILL need to be open.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that those doors are creating a necessary reflection of the IR signals...sure seems unlikely, but who knows.

One other thought.... you don't have an IR receiver wired into your system somewhere that you forgot about, do you?

No, nothing involved outside of the Harmony.... Hopefully I will get some resolution on Monday from Logitech support...rolleyes.gif

Denon AVR X1000

Klipsch RF-62 II 

Klipsch RC-62 II

Klipsch RB-61 II

SVS PB-2000

SVS PB-1000

LG 47LE5400

Panamax M5100-PM

post #1642 of 2198 Old 02-03-2014, 07:41 AM
Advanced Member

Update:

Well, come to find out the issue is a Logitech issue and is related to bugs in their ointment....

I just got off the phone with the CS Rep and he performed a few tweaks on his side that permitted the error associated with the activity button assignment to be resolved. The bugs, cause a few issues of which one is false positive that the hub is communicating with the wireless network. Additionally, assignments of activity buttons are throwing an error when applying changes. The CS Rep indicated a new firmware release will be coming in the near term to correct these issues.

So, for now its back up and running. If anyone encounters behavior that just doesn't add up, its likely the hub and network connectivity issue. Should that happen, the advise is to unplug the hub for 5 minutes then plug it back in. While I not only did that yesterday, I as well cycled my router of which did nothing to correct the problem. So it appears to be a crap shoot as looking at the wireless settings you cannot discern that the hub isn't communicating with the network as the led light stays green and the GUI display shows as connected.

Denon AVR X1000

Klipsch RF-62 II 

Klipsch RC-62 II

Klipsch RB-61 II

SVS PB-2000

SVS PB-1000

LG 47LE5400

Panamax M5100-PM

post #1643 of 2198 Old 02-03-2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:

Update:

Well, come to find out the issue is a Logitech issue and is related to bugs in their ointment....

I just got off the phone with the CS Rep and he performed a few tweaks on his side that permitted the error associated with the activity button assignment to be resolved. The bugs, cause a few issues of which one is false positive that the hub is communicating with the wireless network. Additionally, assignments of activity buttons are throwing an error when applying changes. The CS Rep indicated a new firmware release will be coming in the near term to correct these issues.

So, for now its back up and running. If anyone encounters behavior that just doesn't add up, its likely the hub and network connectivity issue. Should that happen, the advise is to unplug the hub for 5 minutes then plug it back in. While I not only did that yesterday, I as well cycled my router of which did nothing to correct the problem. So it appears to be a crap shoot as looking at the wireless settings you cannot discern that the hub isn't communicating with the network as the led light stays green and the GUI display shows as connected.

So then you are thinking that the open/closed cabinet door dilemma was just a coincidence and really did not have any influence on the actual problem?

post #1644 of 2198 Old 02-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

So then you are thinking that the open/closed cabinet door dilemma was just a coincidence and really did not have any influence on the actual problem?

Yea, I discussed that with the CS Rep and he felt that it was related to the hub dropping in and out. The behavior of the hub was very erratic yesterday and the things it responded to vs. didn't respond to were an exercise in frustration. I also had issue with the hub outside of the cabinet. So, all's well now and its all returned to the way I initially had it placed. Its almost as if the iPhone would wake it up then it would just stop responding again with the remote and iPhone.

Denon AVR X1000

Klipsch RF-62 II 

Klipsch RC-62 II

Klipsch RB-61 II

SVS PB-2000

SVS PB-1000

LG 47LE5400

Panamax M5100-PM

post #1645 of 2198 Old 02-03-2014, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Trying to find out if this setup is possible with the harmony remotes.

I want to warm my projector up for thirty mins and then after the 30 my lutron MIR dimmers will fade to off and then the blu ray will turn on and the movie start.

Love sports, movies, and games. Slowly some day I'll add a projector and screen. Until then, I'll build up my library.
post #1646 of 2198 Old 02-03-2014, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpnaz480 View Post

Trying to find out if this setup is possible with the harmony remotes.

I want to warm my projector up for thirty mins and then after the 30 my lutron MIR dimmers will fade to off and then the blu ray will turn on and the movie start.
Delays more than a few seconds aren't possible on Harmony. But you may be able to fake the sleep timer into turning things on rather than off. It would involve making a special activity that didn't turn anything off when you leave it but had extra commands to do your dimmer fade and bluray on/start. A single play command will often turn on and play. In any case, if you can make it work at all, it isn't going to be straight forward to program or to use.

post #1647 of 2198 Old 02-03-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Delays more than a few seconds aren't possible on Harmony. But you may be able to fake the sleep timer into turning things on rather than off. It would involve making a special activity that didn't turn anything off when you leave it but had extra commands to do your dimmer fade and bluray on/start. A single play command will often turn on and play. In any case, if you can make it work at all, it isn't going to be straight forward to program or to use.
Thank you. So maybe possible but it would have to be under more than one activity and not be an automatic 30 minute delay.

So then it would be something like a custom activity of "warmup projector" which would have the lights and projector on with no source. Then make a "projector play" activity that would tie in the blu ray and I would just go into the device control of the lights to fade off manually correct?

Love sports, movies, and games. Slowly some day I'll add a projector and screen. Until then, I'll build up my library.
post #1648 of 2198 Old 02-03-2014, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpnaz480 View Post

Thank you. So maybe possible but it would have but not under one activity and not be an automatic 30 minute delay.

So then it would be something like a custom activity of "warmup projector" which would have the lights and projector on with no source. Then make a "projector play" activity that would tie in the blu ray and I would just go into the device control of the lights to fade off manually correct?
It could be an automatic delay. The only way I can see is make a fake Watch TV activity that only turns on your projector, but has extra commands when leaving the activity to dim the lights and play your bluray. Then you immediately press Sleep on the remote and pick 30 minutes. When the timer expires, the dim and play commands run. But you'd have to set your projector device to always stay on to keep the activity from turning it off. So you'd always have to turn off your projector yourself. Not worth the trouble and complexity IMO.

If you can live without the automatic delay, it's much simpler. In that case just make a Watch Movie activity that turns on your projector. Then when you're ready to watch, press Play and have that run a sequence to dim and play. That's how most people handle it.

post #1649 of 2198 Old 02-03-2014, 01:43 PM

Perfect. Thanks! Hoping to grab this in Friday.

post #1650 of 2198 Old 02-03-2014, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hello, I have a question. I want to buy the philips hue light. Do I need the starter kit with the harmony ultimate or just the bulb and I can control with the hub of the ultimate?
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page