Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 61 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #1801 of 2070 Old 04-03-2014, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
is the smart control compatible with the connected by tcp system of lighting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 2070 Old 04-03-2014, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseordinance View Post

Hey folks. Bought a Harmony Smart Control last week. Setup was super easy... I absolutely love this thing. Time to sell my URC remote setup! Anyways, I'm having an issue with one thing that one of y'all might be able to help with. I have a set of LED lights behind my TV as a backlight that I'm controlling via IR. It turns on just fine. However, it's fickle about being turned off. The off command on the remote turns it off about 1/3 of the time. The other times I have to go onto my phone, open the LED device and manually send it an off command. I'd like to figure out a way to have a couple of repeat off commands in my shut down automation, but I don't see any way to do that in the Harmony programming interface. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks much!
Try increasing the Inter-device delay for the Lights
post #1803 of 2070 Old 04-03-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post

Try increasing the Inter-device delay for the Lights

Thanks much for the reply. On my shutdown commands, the LED lights are listed last. I clicked "Add delay" and it placed it at the very top of my list. I imagine I'm supposed to drag the delay down so that it occurs right before my lights, but I can't move it. Am I doing it wrong?

post #1804 of 2070 Old 04-03-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseordinance View Post

Thanks much for the reply. On my shutdown commands, the LED lights are listed last. I clicked "Add delay" and it placed it at the very top of my list. I imagine I'm supposed to drag the delay down so that it occurs right before my lights, but I can't move it. Am I doing it wrong?
You don't need to add a delay, you need to increase the Inter--device delay of your lighting devices.

Logon to your MyHarmony.com account, select your remote, select Devices, select your Lighting device, selcect Change device settings, select Delay settings, select Delay settings, select the Inter-device delay, and increase it. When you are done be sure to Sync your remote.
post #1805 of 2070 Old 04-03-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post

You don't need to add a delay, you need to increase the Inter--device delay of your lighting devices.

Logon to your MyHarmony.com account, select your remote, select Devices, select your Lighting device, selcect Change device settings, select Delay settings, select Delay settings, select the Inter-device delay, and increase it. When you are done be sure to Sync your remote.

Thanks much, that definitely seems to have helped. However, even when I'd move the delay up to 5000ms from 500ms, it would still miss a command here and there. However, it looks like moving the off command as the first action in the list, combined with a little extra interdevice relay causes it to shut down every time. Thanks much for the help! Loving this remote... more importantly, wife is loving it!

post #1806 of 2070 Old 04-03-2014, 12:57 PM

That's great, it h=the wife is happy, everyone's happy
post #1807 of 2070 Old 04-06-2014, 10:23 AM

Liked: 11
Has anyone here able to setup an activity to launch netflix on a smart tv from logitech smart control remote? Closest I could do so far is to teach a button to launch the app after staring
the tv.

I tried to add custom step to fire netflix command but I see function not available message box on tv.

Thanks for your help.
post #1808 of 2070 Old 04-07-2014, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I understand that bluetooth control is limited to the Wii, WiiU, & PS3. Anybody have any guess on when/if the Amazon Fire TV will get support through the Harmony Hub? I hope they will support it over time, it would be a shame if they don't, but I'm not sure how difficult it is to add support to a new bluetooth device?? I hope the Fire TV takes off in popularity, because I love it so far.
post #1809 of 2070 Old 04-08-2014, 06:34 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssetty View Post

Has anyone here able to setup an activity to launch netflix on a smart tv from logitech smart control remote? Closest I could do so far is to teach a button to launch the app after staring
the tv.

I tried to add custom step to fire netflix command but I see function not available message box on tv.

Thanks for your help.

I was able to do so with my Vizio TV. I set-up a Watch Movie activity and selected the TV as the source. Then I customized the activity to add a command that selects Netflix, since there is a button for that on my Vizio remote. I also added a command that sets my receiver to Dolby Digital and mutes the TV speakers..
post #1810 of 2070 Old 04-10-2014, 12:30 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorVideo View Post

I was able to do so with my Vizio TV. I set-up a Watch Movie activity and selected the TV as the source. Then I customized the activity to add a command that selects Netflix, since there is a button for that on my Vizio remote. I also added a command that sets my receiver to Dolby Digital and mutes the TV speakers..

Yes I did exactly the same but for some reason it does not work. I assigned the same command to a button and it does work. May try calling logitech support.
post #1811 of 2070 Old 04-10-2014, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssetty View Post

Yes I did exactly the same but for some reason it does not work. I assigned the same command to a button and it does work. May try calling logitech support.

Ssetty, please shoot me a PM with your MyHarmony email ID (password is not needed) and we'll see what's going on.

Thanks.

post #1812 of 2070 Old 04-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member

So I have had the Smart Control and Hub for a week or so, working great, today though out of the blue it will no longer control my Windows Media Center (Windows 7 Pro - 64 bit) - been on with tech support for an hour and no luck - thought I would inquire here.

Jeff
post #1813 of 2070 Old 04-11-2014, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Will a Media Center remote still work?
post #1814 of 2070 Old 04-12-2014, 05:30 AM
Advanced Member

It does. After playing with the hub settings more last night I got it to work by setting the hub assignments to it blaster only and it started to work again. I need to now reset the assignment to hub and blasters to see if it works otherwise I think I have defective hardware.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jeff
post #1815 of 2070 Old 04-12-2014, 08:49 AM

Is there anyway too speed up sequences on the smart? (i have the smart controller and hub NO ultimate or phone/pad).

For example on my popcorn C-200 i have added a "mark" button as a sequence that "press" filemode then ok (add file too list is the already highligted option) then i can add more files or delete/copy/move them if i want too.
The mark does work ok since it is only two actions but when i want too add a "delete" sequence (filemode/down/down/down/ok/left) and then i´m only require too press ok manually one more time (for safety) it is so slow that it is useless.
It takes around 1sec for every action in the sequence too happen soo 6+sec total (i can do the same thing manually 2-3 times).

I did wonder if it was only the popcorn (harmony profile) that was soo slow so i tried adding 6 down in a sequence for my htpc using a Flirc ir reciver (and flirc harmony profile) also tried a cheap ass ms standard ir reciver that can't doo long key presse at all (with flirc and ms standard harmony profile) but they where justr as slow (1sec per action) there too.
Soo tried adding 6 volume down for my Denon 2310 (and a older yamaha reciver that is not used) and also my panasonic s20 tv but the same thing (1sec per action).
I think this is really,really slow and there should not be any problem speeding this up quite a bit 500ms should not be a problem and 100ms should work ok too.

I have no problem using the buttons the normal way as in they are really fast (can do many klicks in 1sec that does work) and it don´t dubbel/tripple klick so the C-200 CAN handle the button presses way,way quicker then the sequence sends them (1 per sec).

And i´m NOT talking about the "delay" action you can add to the sequence (if i add one between every action it takes 11sec instead off 6sec).

Have also played around with the various delay settings but they does not seems too have any impact at all on the time it takes for a action too start in an sequence and not much for the normal key presses either.
What i could understand it is the inter-key delay setting that should be the one that has impact on the sequence (IF the sequence is NOT limitid too one action every sec?) am i right? i have changed that from 500ms too 300ms then too 100ms but no change in either sequence or normal keypresses.

Tried searching but found nothing about this the only thing i found was the delay action you can add too the sequence.
And some about the various "delay" settings i have played around with a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post

Sylvain

Regarding the "Delay" in the button sequences....

Any chance on having Harmony offer delays that are less than 1 sec?
post #1816 of 2070 Old 04-12-2014, 12:42 PM

I just called Logitech as I was having problems creating a new activity (no new devices) and they want $30 to provide customized code.

The problem is they do not have certain input codes for my Yamaha receiver. I went through this nightmare when I originally set up the remote and they had to create/import certain input codes in order for my activities to work.

Now I'm trying to create an new activity using the same devices, and of course, the input code is not listed so they want to charge me $30 to provide the code.

Isn't it Logitech's responsibility to provide these codes? This is a common everyday Yamaha receiver.

post #1817 of 2070 Old 04-12-2014, 03:24 PM

Liked: 13

Why can't you use the receiver's remote to train your harmony?  No, I don't think it's their 'responsibility' to provide codes for every device available.  I agree that it's frustrating/annoying when your device isn't supported, though.

post #1818 of 2070 Old 04-14-2014, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
While attempting to add a hard button command with Firefox 28.0 and Safari 7.0.3 (Know to have issues by Harmony) I continue to receive this message while logged into myharmony.com after selecting the command for the desired hard button and after "OK" is selected in that process to (save).

"We are having trouble communicating with the Harmony platform service. Please sign in again to continue.

{ CE 1001 }"

After selecting "OK" to THAT message, it logs you out and takes you back to the log in page. This whole process continues to repute itself.

The hub was reset between login attempts.

Any thoughts?
post #1819 of 2070 Old 04-14-2014, 10:24 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
still no news on the Sony/PS4 support front? frown.gif
post #1820 of 2070 Old 04-16-2014, 09:09 AM

Liked: 15
I doubt Sony is any hurry to accommodate Logitech. Plus you cannot play any video files or music files with the PS4. I think its marketed solely as a gaming machine.
post #1821 of 2070 Old 04-16-2014, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post

While attempting to add a hard button command with Firefox 28.0 and Safari 7.0.3 (Know to have issues by Harmony) I continue to receive this message while logged into myharmony.com after selecting the command for the desired hard button and after "OK" is selected in that process to (save).

"We are having trouble communicating with the Harmony platform service. Please sign in again to continue.

{ CE 1001 }"

After selecting "OK" to THAT message, it logs you out and takes you back to the log in page. This whole process continues to repute itself.

The hub was reset between login attempts.

Any thoughts?

It seems to have been a temporary outage on Logitech's side. I ran into it as well, but it's working now.

post #1822 of 2070 Old 04-16-2014, 06:28 PM

Hi guys,

I have a Harmony Smart Control in my entertainment room. I liked it so much I bought the Harmony Ultimate to upgrade it and move the Smart Control upstairs.

Is there a quick and easy way to get the Ultimate remote programmed and take the place of the simple remote?
I know I can just reprogram the whole thing, but setting up my activities seems like a waste of time if there is a quicker solution.

Thanks
post #1823 of 2070 Old 04-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by weespeed View Post

I have a Harmony Smart Control in my entertainment room. I liked it so much I bought the Harmony Ultimate to upgrade it and move the Smart Control upstairs.

Is there a quick and easy way to get the Ultimate remote programmed and take the place of the simple remote?
I know I can just reprogram the whole thing, but setting up my activities seems like a waste of time if there is a quicker solution.

Yes. During your initial setup of the Ultimate, you will be asked if you want to transfer settings from another Harmony remote. Watch carefully for it during your initial connection of the Ultimate.

post #1824 of 2070 Old 04-17-2014, 01:23 PM

Anyone have an Ultimate with a dead screen? Mine fell off the arm of the sofa, approximately 22" and the screen no longer works (just blank white). I've tried rebooting and reloading the software.  I can still use the app on my ipad/phone, but its not the same.

Any ideas on how to repair it would be great as Logitech's formerly stellar customer service has been useless and the cost of an Ultimate One, given the fragility makes that an option I'm not willing to take a chance on.

Given the cost of the Ultimate and its fragility, I'd think twice about buying one until they produce a more robust product.

post #1825 of 2070 Old 04-17-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweissman View Post

Yes. During your initial setup of the Ultimate, you will be asked if you want to transfer settings from another Harmony remote. Watch carefully for it during your initial connection of the Ultimate.

Will give it a shot this weekend.
post #1826 of 2070 Old 04-18-2014, 07:18 PM

Is there a native iPad app available yet? I searched and found lots of complaints from 2013, but couldn't find any confirmation that the iPad app has since been created?
post #1827 of 2070 Old 04-18-2014, 07:42 PM

Yes. Go to the App store.
post #1828 of 2070 Old 04-18-2014, 11:37 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by insync44 View Post

I doubt Sony is any hurry to accommodate Logitech. Plus you cannot play any video files or music files with the PS4. I think its marketed solely as a gaming machine.

maybe when they get dlna and mp3 playback supported. sigh...guess i'll continue to have to use my battery draining ds4 frown.gif
post #1829 of 2070 Old 04-19-2014, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorVideo View Post

Yes. Go to the App store.

Thanks. I am still deciding on the remote, haven't purchased yet. I didn't think to actually go try to download the app from my iPad to see if it was native. But I guess I could have tried that. Thanks for the reply.
post #1830 of 2070 Old 04-20-2014, 05:26 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Are there any unique I/R codes for power on and power off? In my setup I have a Sony TV, Yamaha receiver, Oppo blu-ray and HTPC. All of these devices seem to have one I/R code that either turns power on or power off. This is a problem if one of the devices gets in the wrong on/off state, because all the Harmony programs turn the device on when it should be off and vice-versa. My question is if there are any specific unique I/R codes that explicitly turn these devices just on, or just off? And if so, how do I modify my existing programs to use those codes instead of using the toggle type codes?
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page