Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 64 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #1891 of 2329 Old 05-12-2014, 07:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Are there any plans to allow control via a Windows tablet or PC?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1892 of 2329 Old 05-12-2014, 11:24 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 34

You can run the BlueStacks app player on your PC.

post #1893 of 2329 Old 05-12-2014, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi guys, Just picked up the Smart Control and Hub. Fantastic upgrade from the Harmony One.

One issue I haven't been able to resolve is Favorite channels. I had to manually create them on MyHarmony as there is no provider here (Australia).

I can view the favourites at MyHarmony, but how do I get them to appear on my smart phone/tablet?

post #1894 of 2329 Old 05-12-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adster01 View Post

Hi guys, Just picked up the Smart Control and Hub. Fantastic upgrade from the Harmony One.

One issue I haven't been able to resolve is Favorite channels. I had to manually create them on MyHarmony as there is no provider here (Australia).

I can view the favourites at MyHarmony, but how do I get them to appear on my smart phone/tablet?

Got an answer, you need to choose Settings>Reset>Reset Favorites to get any changes you have made at MyHarmony to appear on your device.

post #1895 of 2329 Old 05-15-2014, 01:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Bought the Harmony Ultimate and Harmony Smart Keyboard... with their included two DUMB hubs frown.gif

It seems that I need to hook up two ir emitters to each end device because the Keyboard and Remote can't share a hub or at least allow all ir emissions out of one hub.

This doesn't include the mess of 2.5mm to 3.5mm mono adapters, Y-cables, Flirc USB adapters, and triple emitters or direct cables to devices.

Is there any alternative?

I thought of tying the IRs together with a 2x Mono Male ends to a mono female end but I can't find such a cable in 3.5mm or 2.5mm. Only stereo equivalents.

I use Roomie and wish there was a hard button alternative, but there isn't unless you count a snap on gamepad.
post #1896 of 2329 Old 05-16-2014, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph S View Post

I thought of tying the IRs together with a 2x Mono Male ends to a mono female end but I can't find such a cable in 3.5mm or 2.5mm. Only stereo equivalents.

In general I think stereo adapters will work. It will only use the conductor of the left signal. Actually, I converted the outputs from the hub to 3.5mm, then just use headphone splitters and stereo cables to run to all my equipment with hardwired IR inputs. You should be able to buy 2 of these
and 4 of these to consolidate both hubs together into 2 outputs. Not the best solution but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Also, I wish Logitech would allow you to combine a smart control remote and ultimate remote onto the same hub, and also have one ultimate/smart control remote use two or more hubs. That would allow people to put a hub by their projector and in their equipment racks without running a cable.
post #1897 of 2329 Old 05-19-2014, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 27
just picked up a PS4 and does this thing really not work with ultimate? Is there some adapter i can get? Going to be real damn annoying if play station didn't make this compatible.

Mike Clough #24
post #1898 of 2329 Old 05-19-2014, 07:58 PM

Liked: 16
Not as of yet, but I would be surprised if Sony doesn't release a FW update soon to address it.
post #1899 of 2329 Old 05-20-2014, 12:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eecyclone View Post

In general I think stereo adapters will work. It will only use the conductor of the left signal. Actually, I converted the outputs from the hub to 3.5mm, then just use headphone splitters and stereo cables to run to all my equipment with hardwired IR inputs. You should be able to buy 2 of these
and 4 of these to consolidate both hubs together into 2 outputs. Not the best solution but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Also, I wish Logitech would allow you to combine a smart control remote and ultimate remote onto the same hub, and also have one ultimate/smart control remote use two or more hubs. That would allow people to put a hub by their projector and in their equipment racks without running a cable.

Thanks. I'm waiting on the stereo adapters but I have a laughable mesh of Y-Cables with medusa head of ir sensors working. Only my receiver and Bluray have direct IR in.

It's bizarre that I have the keyboard controlling HTPC/AppleTV/Mac by Bluetooth and Roku by IP but the Ultimate remote can't with the same exact hub hardware model.

I really don't understand why Logitech chooses to cripple their own product(s) to the point that they drive their customers to Roomie, iRule, Touchsquid and other solutions. It makes zero financial sense to cripple your highest end products, especially when it has been shown that the next release still isn't going to correct the main issue with current editions.

We've had the same absurd artificial device limit since I bought the original Harmony SST-768 in 2003, when it was actually 16 not 15!!!!!!!!!! Even then I had no device memory issues with such, let alone now.

They have the hardware to make it work and choose to make the hardware not get the job done in an efficient fashion.
post #1900 of 2329 Old 05-21-2014, 05:51 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I have a replacement Harmony Ultimate One coming for Harmony One swollen battery and I have a few questions. I am unsure of exactly how to program the replacement using prior setup. I read you need to download new desktop software and setup new account and then copy account old account over or do you use current Harmony One account and use the replace remote option. Anyone that has replaced their Harmony One with Ultimate One that would share the correct or best method and steps would be appreciated. Also any suggestions on changing to Ultimate One as to what to expect would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry
post #1901 of 2329 Old 05-21-2014, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by blb1215 View Post

I have a replacement Harmony Ultimate One coming for Harmony One swollen battery and I have a few questions. I am unsure of exactly how to program the replacement using prior setup. I read you need to download new desktop software and setup new account and then copy account old account over or do you use current Harmony One account and use the replace remote option. Anyone that has replaced their Harmony One with Ultimate One that would share the correct or best method and steps would be appreciated. Also any suggestions on changing to Ultimate One as to what to expect would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry

Hi blb1215,

Visiting MyHarmony.com to begin setting up your Ultimate One will prompt you to download and install our MyHarmony software before you begin.

Once the software launches, you'll be prompted to connect your remote, and the setup wizard will ask you if you wish to copy settings from another account. Enter this account's login credentials and you'll be able to import the devices and Activities it contains.

Regards,

Sylvain

post #1902 of 2329 Old 05-21-2014, 11:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Hey guys,

I just moved into my new house and have a Harmony Ultimate and a Smart Control -- and I have having issues with routing the signals through 3.5 mm cables to devices not collocated in the room with the hub. I need help figuring out these issues:

1. Family room: Here I am using the Harmony Smart Control. All the equipment (save the TV) is in an AV closet. Through conduit to the TV -- I am running a long run (50') of 3.5mm cabling. At the TV -- I have this emitter stuck to the IR receiver on the TV. IR Emitter. In the closet -- off the Hub -- I have a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter (this one -- Monoprice Link -- which connects to this cable -- 50' 3.5 cable for the long conduit run. Everything in the close seems to work well, but the TV react to any inputs from Smart Hub. The TV is a Samsung PN64F8500 TV Link

2. Media Room: Here I am using the Harmony Ultimate (due to number of devices and lighting conditions). I have the HUB connected to this adapter Mono adapter which then splits using this 3.5mm Y-splitter -- which then connects to this 25' cable on one side 25' 3.5mm Cable. This 25' 3.5mm cable runs through conduit to my Sony VPL-HW55ES projector. The projector has a standard 3.5mm IR input. When I use the input -- nothing. I switched that device to IR mode on my remote for the Projector (since I have the Ultimate) - and the projector works fine. But I have to aim the remote at the projector to get it to work (although sometimes I can bounce the signal off the screen).

The main issue is with the Family Room TV not being controlled. I read through the FAQ at the beginning of this thread and bought adapters and cable that I thought would work. Is there something I am doing wrong. Please help. I know I could upgrade the Family Room remote to an Ultimate -- since it can do IR as well. But I have a 2 year old who loves remotes. He already has destroyed a Harmony One -- I would love to keep it simple (and cheap) with a Smart Control in the family room.

Thanks!!!

CT

My Bargain Basement Theater
post #1903 of 2329 Old 05-22-2014, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph S View Post

It's bizarre that I have the keyboard controlling HTPC/AppleTV/Mac by Bluetooth and Roku by IP but the Ultimate remote can't with the same exact hub hardware model.

I really don't understand why Logitech chooses to cripple their own product(s) to the point that they drive their customers to Roomie, iRule, Touchsquid and other solutions. It makes zero financial sense to cripple your highest end products, especially when it has been shown that the next release still isn't going to correct the main issue with current editions.

We've had the same absurd artificial device limit since I bought the original Harmony SST-768 in 2003, when it was actually 16 not 15!!!!!!!!!! Even then I had no device memory issues with such, let alone now.

They have the hardware to make it work and choose to make the hardware not get the job done in an efficient fashion.

I don't understand this either. Why Logitech is not developing Harmony to control devices via IP is bizzare.
post #1904 of 2329 Old 05-23-2014, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 92
I just ordered my Ultimate. I have had a One for 6 or 7 years and still use in our living room. But the HT needs one. I'm tired of using individual remotes like an animal!

I also had $225 of BestBuy certs to use up . . . cool.gif
post #1905 of 2329 Old 05-25-2014, 10:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
I have a Harmony Ultimate with hub, all setup nice and easy.

Just want to know, can I fix certain buttons to always control certain devices no matter what device you are trying to control.

For eg, I would always want the volume and mute to control my processor whether I have the harmony set to control my TiVo or oppo? Also want my light dimmers fixed to certain buttons no matter the device I'm controlling.
post #1906 of 2329 Old 05-25-2014, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnickuk View Post

I have a Harmony Ultimate with hub, all setup nice and easy.

Just want to know, can I fix certain buttons to always control certain devices no matter what device you are trying to control.

For eg, I would always want the volume and mute to control my processor whether I have the harmony set to control my TiVo or oppo? Also want my light dimmers fixed to certain buttons no matter the device I'm controlling.

Do you fully understand the activity-based user paradigm of the Harmony? You don't control devices, you run activities. You should only be in device mode on rare occasions. For routine use, you should be in an activity. You can program any button (hard or soft) on the Ultimate to send any command to any device.

In both your "Watch TiVO" and "Play Blu-ray" activities, you tell the Harmony software that the processor controls the volume. This is part of the setup of each activity.

post #1907 of 2329 Old 05-25-2014, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweissman View Post

Do you fully understand the activity-based user paradigm of the Harmony? You don't control devices, you run activities. You should only be in device mode on rare occasions. For routine use, you should be in an activity. You can program any button (hard or soft) on the Ultimate to send any command to any device.

In both your "Watch TiVO" and "Play Blu-ray" activities, you tell the Harmony software that the processor controls the volume. This is part of the setup of each activity.

I didn't play with the activities. I'll have a fiddle later. Thank you!
post #1908 of 2329 Old 05-25-2014, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
does anyone know how to get the TV's actual settings to pop up? I tried a long press on menu but nothing.
post #1909 of 2329 Old 05-25-2014, 08:28 PM

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by herfavoritedj View Post

does anyone know how to get the TV's actual settings to pop up? I tried a long press on menu but nothing.

You have to press the 3 horizontal lines icon in the lower right hand corner of the display, Then you touch DEVICES. Choose your device from there.
post #1910 of 2329 Old 05-25-2014, 09:00 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post

You have to press the 3 horizontal lines icon in the lower right hand corner of the display, Then you touch DEVICES. Choose your device from there.

nice! thanks pal!
post #1911 of 2329 Old 05-26-2014, 09:02 PM

Can I control two difference media areas each of which includes a tv, receiver, blue ray player and Apple TV with this system? And if so, do I need to buy two separate systems or just an extra remote?

Thanks much
post #1912 of 2329 Old 05-27-2014, 04:22 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
You can control both, but this would only be practical if only one was in use at a time. Ideally, you would define separate activities for each system which would make using the remote less than user friendly for a casual user.

Separate systems would be ideal.
post #1913 of 2329 Old 05-27-2014, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post

I just ordered my Ultimate. I have had a One for 6 or 7 years and still use in our living room. But the HT needs one. I'm tired of using individual remotes like an animal!

I also had $225 of BestBuy certs to use up . . . cool.gif

Set it up yesterday. A LOT different than my H1, but so far so good. I like the RF-ness of it. Apparently my HD-DTA is RF, and luckily was in the database, so that works flawlessly. smile.gif
post #1914 of 2329 Old 05-27-2014, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 377
^^^ Harmony can't control other RF devices.
post #1915 of 2329 Old 05-27-2014, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

^^^ Harmony can't control other RF devices.

Well that's kinda why I posted. I'd read that and assumed this to be the case. But it controls my Epson PJ which I thought was RF and this HD-DTA, which everything I've read points to it being RF. Am I just off on those devices being RF?
post #1916 of 2329 Old 05-27-2014, 12:01 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Been using Harmony Ultimate for a few months now in my office set up. All of a sudden, the Harmony has stopped controlling the Samsung Amp (Model HWF550). Regardless of activity I am in the Samsung controls the volume. I have deleted the Samsung and readied to my account but still have same problem.... the harmony can't control the Samsung volume, power on/off etc.
Any ideas? TY
post #1917 of 2329 Old 05-27-2014, 12:51 PM

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by met64 View Post

Been using Harmony Ultimate for a few months now in my office set up. All of a sudden, the Harmony has stopped controlling the Samsung Amp (Model HWF550). Regardless of activity I am in the Samsung controls the volume. I have deleted the Samsung and readied to my account but still have same problem.... the harmony can't control the Samsung volume, power on/off etc.
Any ideas? TY

try this,

unplug the power to the hub and then plug it back in wait until you get a steady green light. shut all of your Devices off. do a reset of the remote by pressing and holding the off button until you see the Harmony logo then release.
post #1918 of 2329 Old 05-27-2014, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post

try this,

unplug the power to the hub and then plug it back in wait until you get a steady green light. shut all of your Devices off. do a reset of the remote by pressing and holding the off button until you see the Harmony logo then release.

Hey Capt Mike, That did the trick! Thank you very much!
post #1919 of 2329 Old 05-27-2014, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post

Well that's kinda why I posted. I'd read that and assumed this to be the case. But it controls my Epson PJ which I thought was RF and this HD-DTA, which everything I've read points to it being RF. Am I just off on those devices being RF?
Those are apparently IR as well. To prove this to yourself, cover the hub with a towel, unplug all blasters and take your remote to a different room or cover the front. Your devices won't work anymore. Same result if you cover just the devices with a towel.
post #1920 of 2329 Old 05-28-2014, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Those are apparently IR as well. To prove this to yourself, cover the hub with a towel, unplug all blasters and take your remote to a different room or cover the front. Your devices won't work anymore. Same result if you cover just the devices with a towel.

**edit. I've done some reading and apparently my HD-DTA has an RF remote, but also IR functionality. Which makes sense. Not sure on the PJ but it's probably something similar. Though I don't have a good line-of-sight to it from the hub. Must of just lucked out there. biggrin.gif
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page