Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 65 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 20Likes

post #1921 of 2486 Old 05-28-2014, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Got an Ultimate a few days ago..it's up and running except it's unable to turn on my JVC projector using Activities..turns off ok but not on. When I look into "fix it myself" I can only see Power Off command. When I look into Devices for the JVC Power ON shows up along with Power Off, etc. I have tried the Add or Fix Command in My Harmony with no luck. I need the Power On command to show up in the "fix it myself" menu on the remote. Also tried resetting. Anyone know how to get the Power On command to show up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1922 of 2486 Old 05-28-2014, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Got it fixed..deleted the JVC projector, sync and did a re-install of the JVC and sync again. Had to re-configure activities.
post #1923 of 2486 Old 05-29-2014, 12:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

^^^ Harmony can't control other RF devices.

Mine does. It controls my DVR and my Roku via RF.

Karl S.
post #1924 of 2486 Old 05-29-2014, 06:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post

No, it is not an RF remote

What you are experiencing is RF from the remote to the HUB ONLY. From the HUB IR is sent out.

Samsung UN65HU8550FXZA TS02, X-10 lighting, IR543 Powerhouse Command Center
Yamaha TSR-6750WA
Sony S6200
Dish 211K
JM lab speakers
Harmony Ultimate remote
post #1925 of 2486 Old 05-29-2014, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eecyclone View Post

In general I think stereo adapters will work. It will only use the conductor of the left signal. Actually, I converted the outputs from the hub to 3.5mm, then just use headphone splitters and stereo cables to run to all my equipment with hardwired IR inputs. You should be able to buy 2 of these
and 4 of these to consolidate both hubs together into 2 outputs. Not the best solution but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Also, I wish Logitech would allow you to combine a smart control remote and ultimate remote onto the same hub, and also have one ultimate/smart control remote use two or more hubs. That would allow people to put a hub by their projector and in their equipment racks without running a cable.

Thanks. The adapters arrived and I am able to link the two hubs with the Y adapter. While I still have a mesh of Y-cables, it has cut the number of IR emitters or direct cables to one per device.
post #1926 of 2486 Old 05-29-2014, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post

No, it is not an RF remote

What you are experiencing is RF from the remote to the HUB ONLY. From the HUB IR is sent out.

The Harmony Hub is really good at sending IR everywhere and the Roku is really good at picking up IR from everywhere. smile.gif
post #1927 of 2486 Old 05-30-2014, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivatech View Post

The Harmony Hub is really good at sending IR everywhere and the Roku is really good at picking up IR from everywhere. smile.gif

Hehe, that sums it up nicely smile.gif

The RF link is indeed only between the remote and the hub, which negates the need for line of sight from the remote.

Although, just to confuse things a little, one may argue that Roku (controllable by Smart Keyboard) and Hue (controllable by all Hub based products) are IP controlled, which is also a form of radio wave.

...come to think of it, PS3 control (all hub-based devices) and AppleTV control (Smart keyboard) via Bluetooth are also a form of radio wave...

Confused yet? smile.gif

post #1928 of 2486 Old 05-30-2014, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
So has anyone found that they cannot sync their remote? Mine asks me to plug my remote in so that I can sync but remote is not recognized.
No response from harmony... Has been 6 days since I sent original message and nothing so far. Customer support seems non- existant.

Howz about it HarmonySylvain?
post #1929 of 2486 Old 05-30-2014, 06:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernstmach View Post

So has anyone found that they cannot sync their remote? Mine asks me to plug my remote in so that I can sync but remote is not recognized.
No response from harmony... Has been 6 days since I sent original message and nothing so far. Customer support seems non existant.

No such issues here. I hate to sound like every Tech Support droid on earth, but have you (a) done what it asked, and failing that, (b) rebooted literally everything?

post #1930 of 2486 Old 05-30-2014, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:

No response from harmony... Has been 6 days since I sent original message and nothing so far. Customer support seems non existant.

Yep,

I continue to have these issues!
Still waiting on some love from Harmony!!

That said - I'm hanging on hoping for an update, help, or a miracle .....

Cuzed2
Check out a video of my theater here
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09

post #1931 of 2486 Old 06-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Hey Guys,

I wrote many posts ago about having trouble turning on and off my Samsung PN64F8500 when using the Smart Control and running it through a 40' 3.5mm stereo cable to an IR emitter (passed through a conduit from my AV closet where the hub is located). Well, it turns out that I needed to "fix" the power toggle command, which I did by having the hub re-learn the command from the Samsung's remote. Now it works like a champ. I also found and used the IR emitter from my old Harmony 890. I don't think that did anything really -- but it allows me to return the emitter I bought at the electronics shop (and not have to buy the Harmony Ultimate for the IR functions).

So anyone else having trouble powering up and off the Sammy F8500 plasma using a long hard cable to an IR emitter from a Smart Hub -- try to "fix" the command by having the Hub relearn it.

Regards,

CT

My Bargain Basement Theater
post #1932 of 2486 Old 06-02-2014, 08:43 AM

"No such issues here. I hate to sound like every Tech Support droid on earth, but have you (a) done what it asked, and failing that, (b) rebooted literally everything?"

Yes! Have done all that. Thanks for that...

Did receive a response from harmony but so far none of their suggestions has solved the issue.

Hate to see these issues come up because it has worked very well until now and have been quite pleased with it.
All I wanted to do was add another remote....
post #1933 of 2486 Old 06-05-2014, 07:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Need to press the power button twice to shut down my Epson projector. Any way to program this into the smart hub activity? Right now when I press off everything shuts down except for the projector. I have to open up the device and press the power button twice.

"It's time to nut up or shut up."
post #1934 of 2486 Old 06-05-2014, 09:46 AM

Hi all don't know if I am in the right place and sorry for repeat post if seen a question like this before. I was wondering if the Harmony remote the one where you could you download the app to your smart phone and your smart phone acts as your remote. With that said is it possible to watch TV tuner in one room controlling the cable box with your smart phone and at the same time for example watching a movie or playing a video game in another room is this possablie using a receiver with two HDMI's outs. Seems pretty straightforward and looks as thou I answered my own question but some insight would be helpful.
post #1935 of 2486 Old 06-05-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:

"No such issues here. I hate to sound like every Tech Support droid on earth, but have you (a) done what it asked, and failing that, (b) rebooted literally everything?"

Yes! Have done all that. Thanks for that...

Did receive a response from harmony but so far none of their suggestions has solved the issue.

Hate to see these issues come up because it has worked very well until now and have been quite pleased with it.
All I wanted to do was add another remote....

Are you still running into problems syncing? Please PM me your MyHarmony email ID (password not needed) and I'll see what I can do.

Regards,

Sylvain

post #1936 of 2486 Old 06-05-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by den110 View Post

Need to press the power button twice to shut down my Epson projector. Any way to program this into the smart hub activity? Right now when I press off everything shuts down except for the projector. I have to open up the device and press the power button twice.

Hi Den110,

Open your MyHarmony account, select your projector and click Change Device Settings > Power Settings > Next until you reach the 'Power on Commands' section

Here, expand the Power off Commands section - you'll be able to define exactly what your projector does when it powers off - such as add two power commands.

Don't forget to sync once that's changed!

Regards,

Sylvain

post #1937 of 2486 Old 06-05-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosefan View Post

Hi all don't know if I am in the right place and sorry for repeat post if seen a question like this before. I was wondering if the Harmony remote the one where you could you download the app to your smart phone and your smart phone acts as your remote. With that said is it possible to watch TV tuner in one room controlling the cable box with your smart phone and at the same time for example watching a movie or playing a video game in another room is this possablie using a receiver with two HDMI's outs. Seems pretty straightforward and looks as thou I answered my own question but some insight would be helpful.

Hi Moosefan,

All Harmony Hub based remotes (Smart Control, Ultimate, Smart Keyboard and Ultimate Hub) allow the use of the Harmony app. Generally speaking, Harmony remotes are a single room solution.

Users with more advanced knowledge of how Harmony works could turn their Ultimate into a solution that works in two different rooms, by firing both IR from the hub and the remote itself, but it appears you're wanting to use these AV systems simultaneously, which is unfortunately not possible to do seamlessly with a Harmony remote.

Regards,

Sylvain

post #1938 of 2486 Old 06-05-2014, 12:14 PM

thanks for the info,
The remote in question is the Harmony Smart Control, I briefly seen at a friends places what got my attention is the fact that he was able to pull up the Guide for the Satellite TV on his smart phone and what I like about that is the freedom of having not to aim at the Sat box. I also had that idea of running an IR extender but it seems more of an hassle running more wires. The only way I think this will work is running a direct HDMI from Cable Box to the other room and having to manually switch out the main HDMI to the main living room TV, thus making the bedroom TV the main TV. Also one thing I didn't factor in is sound.
again thanks for the info
post #1939 of 2486 Old 06-06-2014, 06:08 PM

Sylvain,
thanks for your response.

No, still won't sync. Have connected the hub to my pc to update the firmware. That worked but plugging in the remote is not working. Software cannot find remote.
Interesting though when remote is connected to my pc the screen on the remote flashes between the menu and myharmony screen.

I have followed all of the steps as listed on page 57 I believe of the user manual.

Supposedly someone by the name of Ian C.. is going to care of this....
Not feeling real good about this as he seems unable to read......
Have sent him incident # and other info he asked for 3 times now.
Have been contacted by 3 different people so far and none of them appear to be in communication with each other.

I was offered a replacement but would prefer to just be refunded and I will buy something else.
Such poor follow up, if there were problems with the replacement why would I want to have another experience like this?

again, thanks for your response. If these other folks can't help I'll pm you.
post #1940 of 2486 Old 06-09-2014, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
http://blog.logitech.com/2014/06/09/logitech-harmony-delivers-the-perfect-gift-for-dad-just-in-time-for-fathers-day/

Looks like you can control your Sonos systems from your Harmony remote. This is a HUGE step in the right direction. Now hopefully they will start controlling other IP devices such as home theater receviers, cable/sat boxes (Dish, DirecTV, Tivo) and maybe even Global Cache devices (this would allow serial control of devices).
post #1941 of 2486 Old 06-09-2014, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member

Here is something that I thought is pretty slick......

Turning on the required devices needed for a WATCH TV Activity AND getting it to any channel you want with one press of a LCD icon:

With all devices is OFF, press the FAVORITES (Star) icon on the remote, then press any TV channel icon you desire to watch. All of the required devices turn on and input just like if you were to press that Activity icon AND it gets you to your desired channel.

This is even better than programing a specific channel into the WATCH TV Activity.

Yamaha TSR-6750WA
Sony S6200
Dish 211K
JM lab speakers
Harmony Ultimate remote
post #1942 of 2486 Old 06-09-2014, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Two quick questions/observations.

1. The battery life isn't good, I expect that. Especially compared to my H1 upstairs. But is there no battery level indicator? Last night, after our movie, the remote just said "Low Battery" and I couldn't do anything. I got zero warning it was getting close?

2. I used the Android App, which is slick. But my TV favorites don't show up on screen. Is there a setting or menu I missed?
post #1943 of 2486 Old 06-09-2014, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post

1. The battery life isn't good, I expect that. Especially compared to my H1 upstairs. But is there no battery level indicator? Last night, after our movie, the remote just said "Low Battery" and I couldn't do anything. I got zero warning it was getting close?

2. I used the Android App, which is slick. But my TV favorites don't show up on screen. Is there a setting or menu I missed?

1. Never had a issue with battery life on my Ultimate. It goes into the charger most every night and the battery level indicator is located imeditally left of the time of day display in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

2. From within the WATCH TV Activity on the app, when I press the STAR icon located at the very bottom and in the center of the screen , I can see all of my favorites TV channels.

Yamaha TSR-6750WA
Sony S6200
Dish 211K
JM lab speakers
Harmony Ultimate remote
post #1944 of 2486 Old 06-09-2014, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post

There is a battery indicator on most screens, but it is not on the gesture screen. It doesn't have much precision though, and you are right, when it goes, it goes quick. Kind of annoying in that regard. They need to give you a fair amount of warning before it's completely dead.
post #1945 of 2486 Old 06-09-2014, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by therockhr View Post

http://blog.logitech.com/2014/06/09/logitech-harmony-delivers-the-perfect-gift-for-dad-just-in-time-for-fathers-day/

Looks like you can control your Sonos systems from your Harmony remote. This is a HUGE step in the right direction. Now hopefully they will start controlling other IP devices such as home theater receviers, cable/sat boxes (Dish, DirecTV, Tivo) and maybe even Global Cache devices (this would allow serial control of devices).

I just noticed this in that press release:
Quote:
Lastly, if you’ve still been thinking about purchasing the Harmony Ultimate or any of our remotes that come with the Harmony Ultimate Hub, we’ve enhanced the setup process too. During setup, Harmony will automatically detect your Philips Hue lights, Roku, Sonos speakers and other devices on your network, making setup easier than ever.

So does this mean Rokus can be controlled via TCP/IP also? Has anybody seen any evidence of this yet?
post #1946 of 2486 Old 06-09-2014, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post

1. Never had a issue with battery life on my Ultimate. It goes into the charger most every night and the battery level indicator is located imeditally left of the time of day display in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

2. From within the WATCH TV Activity on the app, when I press the STAR icon located at the very bottom and in the center of the screen , I can see all of my favorites TV channels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Mickunas View Post

There is a battery indicator on most screens, but it is not on the gesture screen. It doesn't have much precision though, and you are right, when it goes, it goes quick. Kind of annoying in that regard. They need to give you a fair amount of warning before it's completely dead.

Thanks, you two. I figured there was an indicator that I hadn't noticed. I don't like keeping devices in their cradles, but I'll probably have to for this one rolleyes.gif

I'll look for the star icon, too. smile.gif
post #1947 of 2486 Old 06-09-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Mickunas View Post

I just noticed this in that press release:
So does this mean Rokus can be controlled via TCP/IP also? Has anybody seen any evidence of this yet?

That is correct, for all Harmony Hub based remotes, of course.

post #1948 of 2486 Old 06-09-2014, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post

That is correct, for all Harmony Hub based remotes, of course.

So what do we have to do to get an existing remote to recognize a Roku on our network?
post #1949 of 2486 Old 06-09-2014, 01:31 PM

Hello folks,

Some of you beat me to it as I got in a little late today, but yes - lots of updates went live today that the team here is extremely excited about.
  • Hub-based remotes now offer direct integration with Sonos. An IP scan takes place when adding or managing devices and you'll have the opportunity to add your Sonos speakers at this point.
  • Roku is now also controllable by IP. To switch your Roku over from IR to IP, you'll need to delete your Roku and add it again through an IP scan.
  • The IP scan also detects compatible devices, provided that they are powered on. Certain Smart TVs, the Xbox 360, and so forth are also all picked up during a scan and can directly be added to your account.
  • Watch Fire TV, Watch Smart TV and Watch PC (for HTPC) Activities are also available, each leveraging their individual platform.
  • Devices supporting text entry such as AppleTV, Roku and FireTV also now offer a soft keyboard through the Harmony app. Using this keyboard, it's also possible to do voice searches.

Enjoy!

Sylvain
vivatech likes this.

post #1950 of 2486 Old 06-09-2014, 04:53 PM

That´s really good news that you have finally started too use IP control of devices.
How does the plan ahead looks? meaning are you expanding this too other devices too?
For example syabas/cloudmedias popcorn media players that can be controlled by IP and HTPC running some software like eventghost/girder (there are many,many more prg).
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page