Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 66 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 20Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1951 of 2437 Old 06-09-2014, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ronomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,038
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Just got the Ultimate with Hub last week. Have an issue with one of my devices. Meridian 568.2mm audio processor. The input commands in My Harmoney app only show 7 device selections in the app but my remote and android all show all 11 devices and they all work. problem is I have to create duplicate devices so I can create an activity. Is there any way to access the remote buttons instead of the My Harmoney apps offerings? It seems all Meridian processors are limited to the 7 devices only. When I add more in the app it only gives me 4 commands to select from which are already used. WTF. someone needs to fix this in the app database online.

Update 6/12/14: I added the 4 extra commands in the inputs modification section which allowed me to use them in activities. On the remote I can delete the duplicate buttons but the android apps show the duplicates. They need to offer a tool to change the buttons in the app. If there is a way to do this now I would appreciate some pointers. Thanks!

Last edited by Ronomy; 06-12-2014 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Update
Ronomy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1952 of 2437 Old 06-10-2014, 05:54 AM
Member
 
therockhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post

Hello folks,

Some of you beat me to it as I got in a little late today, but yes - lots of updates went live today that the team here is extremely excited about.
  • Hub-based remotes now offer direct integration with Sonos. An IP scan takes place when adding or managing devices and you'll have the opportunity to add your Sonos speakers at this point.
  • Roku is now also controllable by IP. To switch your Roku over from IR to IP, you'll need to delete your Roku and add it again through an IP scan.
  • The IP scan also detects compatible devices, provided that they are powered on. Certain Smart TVs, the Xbox 360, and so forth are also all picked up during a scan and can directly be added to your account.
  • Watch Fire TV, Watch Smart TV and Watch PC (for HTPC) Activities are also available, each leveraging their individual platform.
  • Devices supporting text entry such as AppleTV, Roku and FireTV also now offer a soft keyboard through the Harmony app. Using this keyboard, it's also possible to do voice searches.

Enjoy!

Sylvain

Do you have a list of the compatible IP devices? Any chance that Harmony releases drivers for more IP devices or maybe even a SDK so that people could write there own drivers?
therockhr is offline  
post #1953 of 2437 Old 06-11-2014, 03:21 AM
Member
 
kwk2293's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Has anyome had problems with ultimate remote backlight not turning off. Have sett to turn of 9sec
kwk2293 is offline  
post #1954 of 2437 Old 06-11-2014, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
Tasdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Albuquerque, N.M.
Posts: 604
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwk2293 View Post

Has anyome had problems with ultimate remote backlight not turning off. Have sett to turn of 9sec

I did but after plugging it into the PC, it loaded a new firmware update and all's good now.

Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 & Emotiva XPA-5's x 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains RC64II Center RB75's Heights RS-7's Sides RS-52II's Rears
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 120" Electric Tensioned Screen
Tasdom is offline  
post #1955 of 2437 Old 06-12-2014, 01:43 AM
Member
 
kwk2293's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by kwk2293 

Has anyome had problems with ultimate remote backlight not turning off. Have sett to turn of 9sec


I did but after plugging it into the PC, it loaded a new firmware update and all's good now.
thanks this worked for me as well
kwk2293 is offline  
post #1956 of 2437 Old 06-12-2014, 06:39 AM
Member
 
mishakim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Boston - JP
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by kwk2293 

Has anyome had problems with ultimate remote backlight not turning off. Have sett to turn of 9sec


I did but after plugging it into the PC, it loaded a new firmware update and all's good now.
I also had this problem, but just restarting the remote took care of it (hold down power off until remote reboots)
mishakim is offline  
post #1957 of 2437 Old 06-12-2014, 08:39 AM
Advanced Member
 
CaptMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 523
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwk2293 View Post
Has anyome had problems with ultimate remote backlight not turning off. Have sett to turn of 9sec
Yes, but I have it resolved now and this is what occurred:

I put my Ultimate into the charger every night and take it out the following morning and I have never had any battery issues. On 6/10 I was using it in the evening and noticed that it stated that the battery was low. Immediately after that the display went dark, battery dead. So thinking that was very odd, put it in the charger about 7:30 PM and at 7 AM this morning I noticed that backlight was on while sill in the charger, and that the battery level indicator showed a full charge. I took it out of the charger and started an Activity. It was then I noticed that the backlighting was not shutting off...thus led to the dead battery perhaps. I went into the settings on the remote and adjusted down the timeout for the backlighting and it still did not shut off. Keep in mind that I have the motion setting also shut off. So I did a reset of the remote by pressing and holding the OFF button until the "HARMONY" logo is seen, about 15 secs. AFTER the "HARMONY" logo is seen, release the OFF button. So far it is working again as normal.

NOTE: I do not have the latest firmware installed.

Samsung UN65HU8550FXZA
Yamaha TSR-6750WA
Sony S6200
Dish 211K
JM lab speakers

Last edited by CaptMike; 06-12-2014 at 08:42 AM.
CaptMike is offline  
post #1958 of 2437 Old 06-12-2014, 10:06 AM
Member
 
kwk2293's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post
Yes, but I have it resolved now and this is what occurred:

I put my Ultimate into the charger every night and take it out the following morning and I have never had any battery issues. On 6/10 I was using it in the evening and noticed that it stated that the battery was low. Immediately after that the display went dark, battery dead. So thinking that was very odd, put it in the charger about 7:30 PM and at 7 AM this morning I noticed that backlight was on while sill in the charger, and that the battery level indicator showed a full charge. I took it out of the charger and started an Activity. It was then I noticed that the backlighting was not shutting off...thus led to the dead battery perhaps. I went into the settings on the remote and adjusted down the timeout for the backlighting and it still did not shut off. Keep in mind that I have the motion setting also shut off. So I did a reset of the remote by pressing and holding the OFF button until the "HARMONY" logo is seen, about 15 secs. AFTER the "HARMONY" logo is seen, release the OFF button. So far it is working again as normal.

NOTE: I do not have the latest firmware installed.
Just wondering did this problem show up rite after remote showed firmware upgrade available i now mine did sounds like a bug that should be fixed
kwk2293 is offline  
post #1959 of 2437 Old 06-12-2014, 10:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
CaptMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 523
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwk2293 View Post
Just wondering did this problem show up rite after remote showed firmware upgrade available i now mine did sounds like a bug that should be fixed
The last firmware update was installed about 60 days ago and this problem just showed up as mentioned 6/10 and it did show the spinning wheel and stated something to the effect of installing firmware...but it was not then or ever connected to the usb for updating.

EDIT: When I went to look at the remote a few min ago, the backlighting was on again. I did another reset as mentioned above and it's dim now. Put is back on the charger as the battery was down to half. It may be that I will have to install the latest firmware. I will let the group know.

Samsung UN65HU8550FXZA
Yamaha TSR-6750WA
Sony S6200
Dish 211K
JM lab speakers

Last edited by CaptMike; 06-12-2014 at 10:55 AM.
CaptMike is offline  
post #1960 of 2437 Old 06-12-2014, 11:11 AM
Senior Member
 
HarmonySylvain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Hey everyone,

Yes - this issue shows up after the message informing you that a firmware update is available appears. As many of you have found, rebooting the remote will make the issue go away, but only until the remote is placed in its dock again. Upgrading the firmware will resolve the issue.

We're working on a hotfix for this now, which is scheduled to release tomorrow. Once this new firmware is available, you'll see the same notification, which will trigger the same issue, but going ahead and installing tomorrow's firmware will resolve it once and for all.

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Sylvain
HarmonySylvain is offline  
post #1961 of 2437 Old 06-12-2014, 11:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
CaptMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 523
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post
Hey everyone,

Yes - this issue shows up after the message informing you that a firmware update is available appears. As many of you have found, rebooting the remote will make the issue go away, but only until the remote is placed in its dock again. Upgrading the firmware will resolve the issue.

We're working on a hotfix for this now, which is scheduled to release tomorrow. Once this new firmware is available, you'll see the same notification, which will trigger the same issue, but going ahead and installing tomorrow's firmware will resolve it once and for all.

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Sylvain
Thank you

I will wait for the firmware upgrade tomorrow then. Please announce it in this thread also when it's available tomorrow.

Samsung UN65HU8550FXZA
Yamaha TSR-6750WA
Sony S6200
Dish 211K
JM lab speakers
CaptMike is offline  
post #1962 of 2437 Old 06-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Senior Member
 
karlsch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Baker City, OR
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwk2293 View Post
Just wondering did this problem show up rite after remote showed firmware upgrade available i now mine did sounds like a bug that should be fixed
The same thing happened to mine, the remote inexplicably discharged completely, and now that you mention it, it was about the time it showed firmware upgrade available.

Karl S.
karlsch is offline  
post #1963 of 2437 Old 06-12-2014, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Joseph S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
More issues with new firmware/software:

1) Input settings for activity don't carry over from Ultimate to Smart Keyboard even after fresh device creation for remote

2) Custom Inputs and Commands cannot be selected to use for an activity for Smart Keyboard. You can correct input for TV and Receiver under iOS app, but cannot choose command or input from AV switch device. This wouldn't be an issue if I could ever get more than 15 devices and didn't need all my swtiches under same device.

This essentially renders keyboard useless without remote to properly change inputs.

3) The watch PC device activity lacks TV number channel page and favorites for TV.

4) Missing Menu Button for FireTV

Last edited by Joseph S; 06-12-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Joseph S is offline  
post #1964 of 2437 Old 06-13-2014, 10:57 AM
Senior Member
 
HarmonySylvain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph S View Post
More issues with new firmware/software:

1) Input settings for activity don't carry over from Ultimate to Smart Keyboard even after fresh device creation for remote
I'm not sure I follow - could you please elaborate on what you mean here? Thanks.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph S View Post
2) Custom Inputs and Commands cannot be selected to use for an activity for Smart Keyboard. You can correct input for TV and Receiver under iOS app, but cannot choose command or input from AV switch device. This wouldn't be an issue if I could ever get more than 15 devices and didn't need all my swtiches under same device.

This essentially renders keyboard useless without remote to properly change inputs.
Do you mean that custom taught commands can not be defined as inputs to be used when an Activity launches - ie are not available in the Activity creation wizard? If so, this is by design - input commands are treated a little differently than a standard IR command. If Harmony isn't sending an input command correctly for a device (custom teaching aside), please let me know the manufacturer and model number of the device as well as which inputs aren't working and I'll have our data team take a look.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph S View Post
3) The watch PC device activity lacks TV number channel page and favorites for TV.
Thanks for that - let me circle back to the team and see if they are aware of this.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph S View Post
4) Missing Menu Button for FireTV
Working on that - should be updated soon!
HarmonySylvain is offline  
post #1965 of 2437 Old 06-13-2014, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
space2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,053
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Any update on which device we can use to control a pc with this update.
space2001 is offline  
post #1966 of 2437 Old 06-13-2014, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
CaptMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 523
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 15
HarmonySylvain

Hello, in the Logitech support website the latest post today said:

" We've identified the issue that causes the battery to drain. While we appreciate your patience, a new Firmware (3.9.60) is available. We strongly recommend all users update to this latest version, even if you had already accepted the recent update.

To update your firmware, sign in to the MyHarmony desktop software, connect your remote to your computer via USB, and click the Sync button near the top right of the MyHarmony screen.
Best Regards,
PKHarmony"

My question to you is....is this the firmware update that we were expecting to come out today?

Samsung UN65HU8550FXZA
Yamaha TSR-6750WA
Sony S6200
Dish 211K
JM lab speakers
CaptMike is offline  
post #1967 of 2437 Old 06-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Senior Member
 
HarmonySylvain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post
HarmonySylvain

My question to you is....is this the firmware update that we were expecting to come out today?
It is! I was waiting to test this fix myself before announcing it here, but since the cat is out of the bag, consider this the official AVS announcement

Thanks for your patience everyone.

Sylvain
HarmonySylvain is offline  
post #1968 of 2437 Old 06-13-2014, 12:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
CaptMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 523
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post
It is! I was waiting to test this fix myself before announcing it here, but since the cat is out of the bag, consider this the official AVS announcement

Thanks for your patience everyone.

Sylvain
Thank you, will let you know the outcome.

Samsung UN65HU8550FXZA
Yamaha TSR-6750WA
Sony S6200
Dish 211K
JM lab speakers
CaptMike is offline  
post #1969 of 2437 Old 06-13-2014, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Joseph S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post
I'm not sure I follow - could you please elaborate on what you mean here? Thanks.

Do you mean that custom taught commands can not be defined as inputs to be used when an Activity launches - ie are not available in the Activity creation wizard? If so, this is by design - input commands are treated a little differently than a standard IR command. If Harmony isn't sending an input command correctly for a device (custom teaching aside), please let me know the manufacturer and model number of the device as well as which inputs aren't working and I'll have our data team take a look.
When a new Smart Keyboard profile is created and "copies" devices/activities from my Ultimate Remote the devices for the activities are added to the activities for the Smart Keyboard but the input field says "null."

I can easily pick the inputs for TV and Receiver, but my HDMI switch(es) for which I have added additional input ir codes and assigned as inputs are NOT listed in the pull down menu.

I was finally able to get them to appear by going into devices on the iOS app and attempting to correct the ir codes for the inputs. After doing that I could then select any of my input codes.

I had also tried to pick one of the device's own original input options and just send the command to switch to the input needed, but I believe only 1/2 of the original input codes were options there.

It would be a whole lot easier to troubleshoot this stuff if we could save configurations of our remotes like we could in the past for Harmony/Pronto and to be able to edit configurations for the Smart Keyboard in the Harmony Desktop App.

The default switch device is my old Zektor MAS 7.1 HDMI/Digital Audio Switch, I have added to that device inputs with codes for the Mux-HD and Monoprice HRM 2218F 8X1 Powered HDMI switch to the device.

Last edited by Joseph S; 06-13-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Joseph S is offline  
post #1970 of 2437 Old 06-14-2014, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
space2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,053
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 22
is there ever going to be a background app for pc that allows us to control the pc through ip?

Or a bluetooth adapter that will allow this?
space2001 is offline  
post #1971 of 2437 Old 06-14-2014, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Gator99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Jax,FL - Doctor's Lake
Posts: 1,044
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by space2001 View Post
is there ever going to be a background app for pc that allows us to control the pc through ip?

Or a bluetooth adapter that will allow this?
If you have a ir receiver on the htpc then have you tried MCE control?

http://mcec.codeplex.com

I know you said IP control but thought I would share. I use iRule for complete IP control of my HTPC and receiver.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jeff

Last edited by Gator99; 06-14-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Gator99 is online now  
post #1972 of 2437 Old 06-14-2014, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
space2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,053
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by space2001 View Post
is there ever going to be a background app for pc that allows us to control the pc through ip?

Or a bluetooth adapter that will allow this?
If you have a ir receiver on the htpc then have you tried MCE control?

http://mcec.codeplex.com

I know you said IP control but thought I would share. I use iRule for complete IP control of my HTPC and receiver.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for this. I also use Flirc which is great but really want to avoid spending more on another ir receiver.
space2001 is offline  
post #1973 of 2437 Old 06-14-2014, 11:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Christopher_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 249
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by kwk2293 

Has anyome had problems with ultimate remote backlight not turning off. Have sett to turn of 9sec


I did but after plugging it into the PC, it loaded a new firmware update and all's good now.
Thanks! This solved my issue as well.
Christopher_H is offline  
post #1974 of 2437 Old 06-16-2014, 10:19 AM
Member
 
brianlvi3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Harmony not responding

Hey guys, I have been using the Harmony Ultimate for a few months with no issues. I received the email for the update because the screen was staying on, mine was. Just happened. Did the update, now it doesn't turn on or off my Marantz AV7005 Pre/Pro.

Computer telling me to plug in my Harmony and use the Marantz remote as a learning remote to teach it. I did not have to do this in the beginning when I set it up. Also does anyone know how to get the Harmony to switch the HDMI outputs 1 and 2.

I switch between my TV and PJ and have to do it manually. Thanks for the help guys!!

Brian

Brian
brianlvi3 is offline  
post #1975 of 2437 Old 06-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Senior Member
 
HarmonySylvain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph S View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post
I'm not sure I follow - could you please elaborate on what you mean here? Thanks.

Do you mean that custom taught commands can not be defined as inputs to be used when an Activity launches - ie are not available in the Activity creation wizard? If so, this is by design - input commands are treated a little differently than a standard IR command. If Harmony isn't sending an input command correctly for a device (custom teaching aside), please let me know the manufacturer and model number of the device as well as which inputs aren't working and I'll have our data team take a look.
When a new Smart Keyboard profile is created and "copies" devices/activities from my Ultimate Remote the devices for the activities are added to the activities for the Smart Keyboard but the input field says "null."

I can easily pick the inputs for TV and Receiver, but my HDMI switch(es) for which I have added additional input ir codes and assigned as inputs are NOT listed in the pull down menu.

I was finally able to get them to appear by going into devices on the iOS app and attempting to correct the ir codes for the inputs. After doing that I could then select any of my input codes.

I had also tried to pick one of the device's own original input options and just send the command to switch to the input needed, but I believe only 1/2 of the original input codes were options there.

It would be a whole lot easier to troubleshoot this stuff if we could save configurations of our remotes like we could in the past for Harmony/Pronto and to be able to edit configurations for the Smart Keyboard in the Harmony Desktop App.

The default switch device is my old Zektor MAS 7.1 HDMI/Digital Audio Switch, I have added to that device inputs with codes for the Mux-HD and Monoprice HRM 2218F 8X1 Powered HDMI switch to the device.
Joseph, could you please PM me your myharmony email ID so that I can try to reproduce this issue over on my end? Your password is not needed.

Thanks

Sylvain
HarmonySylvain is offline  
post #1976 of 2437 Old 06-16-2014, 10:51 AM
Senior Member
 
HarmonySylvain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlvi3 View Post
Hey guys, I have been using the Harmony Ultimate for a few months with no issues. I received the email for the update because the screen was staying on, mine was. Just happened. Did the update, now it doesn't turn on or off my Marantz AV7005 Pre/Pro.

Computer telling me to plug in my Harmony and use the Marantz remote as a learning remote to teach it. I did not have to do this in the beginning when I set it up. Also does anyone know how to get the Harmony to switch the HDMI outputs 1 and 2.

I switch between my TV and PJ and have to do it manually. Thanks for the help guys!!

Brian
Hi Brian,

I can't think of any reason such an update would affect the way your Marantz powers on or off. Is ti at all possible some Marantz settings were changed (but not synced) in your MyHarmony account, and that the sync triggered through the firmware upgrade applied these changes to your account?

Switching between the two HDMI outputs should be handled automatically by the remote depending on how they are configured in your Activity. Are these outputs on the same device, or is one on your TV and the other on your projector?

Regards,

Sylvain
HarmonySylvain is offline  
post #1977 of 2437 Old 06-16-2014, 11:41 AM
Member
 
brianlvi3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post
Hi Brian,

I can't think of any reason such an update would affect the way your Marantz powers on or off. Is ti at all possible some Marantz settings were changed (but not synced) in your MyHarmony account, and that the sync triggered through the firmware upgrade applied these changes to your account?

Switching between the two HDMI outputs should be handled automatically by the remote depending on how they are configured in your Activity. Are these outputs on the same device, or is one on your TV and the other on your projector?

Regards,

Sylvain
The Marantz AV 7005 has output 1 and 2 for HDMI. I didn't see anything when I was setting up the Marantz about switching from 1 to 2 depending on the activity.

TV is output 1, PJ is output 2 off the Marantz.

Thanks again.

Brian
brianlvi3 is offline  
post #1978 of 2437 Old 06-16-2014, 01:26 PM
Member
 
brianlvi3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What is the best plan of action at this point. Delete the Marantz and add back in? When I go to start say watching TV, the Marantz will not turn on. Even if I start up the help option, i keep hitting to power it on, over and over. 25 times it will not turn it on.

Brian
brianlvi3 is offline  
post #1979 of 2437 Old 06-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Member
 
ppilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi!

So I just bought a smart control Hub and remote and love what it can do so far, but have a couple questions.

1. Are there any benefits to using the "Ortek" device (what I previously used to control WMC and XBMC) over the "Windows Media Center SE" device?

2. Ideally I want two different activities using my HTPC:

1. Turning on TV, Turning ON DVR, Set DVR Input to Cable/Sat, Wake computer, Start WMC: I've got everything set up except the start WMC part


2. Turning on TV, Turning ON DVR, Set DVR Input to Cable/Sat, Wake computer, Start XBMC: I have no idea how to start XBMC in an activity. I read somewhere else that you need to add the "WMCE Keyboard", but wasn't exactly sure what to do after that . Also, will I have to manually assign the function keys on the remote to work in XBMC?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by ppilot; 06-16-2014 at 01:34 PM.
ppilot is offline  
post #1980 of 2437 Old 06-16-2014, 05:27 PM
Senior Member
 
HarmonySylvain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlvi3 View Post
What is the best plan of action at this point. Delete the Marantz and add back in? When I go to start say watching TV, the Marantz will not turn on. Even if I start up the help option, i keep hitting to power it on, over and over. 25 times it will not turn it on.
Can you please PM me your MyHarmony email ID? I'd like to take a look at your account to make sure everything is in order. Your password is not needed.

Thanks

Sylvain
HarmonySylvain is offline  
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off