Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 68 - AVS Forum
First ... 66  67  68 69  70  ... Last
Remote Control Area > Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub
Ronomy's Avatar Ronomy 11:53 AM 06-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post
Currently, changes made on MyHarmony such as renaming a command or rearranging their order in device or Activity mode are only reflected on Ultimate. The app is different in nature as it presents its commands in a different way than the remote. Commands that are renamed or rearranged in Myharmony are currently not reflected across the app after a sync.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Sylvain
Yeah that is annoying and makes the app on our phones useless in my case. The buttons themselves are wrong when controlling my Meridian audio processor. Up/down left/right arrows don't work. I had to reprogram them on the remote but it doesn't carry over to the phone app. Are there any plans to offer a tool to rearrange buttons on the app?

Although the remote is turning out to be awesome. And I can still do some things with the app on the phone.

Ron

Thanks,

Ron

mdavej's Avatar mdavej 11:55 AM 06-24-2014
As a workaround, you should be able to control the PS4 today with TV codes and HDMI CEC. That's how I controlled my PS3 for years. It works just the same on the PS4, AFAIK. I wouldn't hold my breath for the PS4 enabling BT for 3rd party devices. IMO, if they were planning to do it, they would have done it by now. Seems to me like they went out of their way to disable it to begin with.

Sylvain, that's great news about the Nest. Good to see a lot more device integration coming to the Hub platform. Keep up the great work.
therockhr's Avatar therockhr 03:49 PM 06-24-2014
Quote:
The team here is really, really excited to let everyone know we've announced Nest integration today - Ultimate owners will now be able to control their Nest thermostats directly from their remote!

Visit http://www.myharmony.com/Nest or our blog post for more information.

Regards,

Sylvain
Great news. Any chance Harmony supports other thermostats in the future like the Honeywell WiFi thermostats?

Also, are there plans to support other IP controlled devices like AVR's, Satellite/Cables boxes (Dish Network, DirecTV, Tivo)? I know its a long shot but would love to have the Global Cache iTach devices supported as well to control serial devices.
CaptMike's Avatar CaptMike 09:10 PM 06-24-2014
The Ultimate screen has advised that there is a firmware update available, 3.11.xx. Anyone know about this?
Keith Mickunas's Avatar Keith Mickunas 09:41 PM 06-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post
The Ultimate screen has advised that there is a firmware update available, 3.11.xx. Anyone know about this?
I don't know anything about it, other than it's taking forever to apply the update. I hope it's somehow significant for all this trouble.
bweissman's Avatar bweissman 10:05 PM 06-24-2014
Quote:
We know as much as they tell us on the Harmony site. You will get more timely info there than here.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmon...h/td-p/1042729
CaptMike's Avatar CaptMike 10:13 PM 06-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweissman View Post
We know as much as they tell us on the Harmony site. You will get more timely info there than here.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmon...h/td-p/1042729

Thanks, I did not find that on the Harmony site
Keith Mickunas's Avatar Keith Mickunas 11:00 PM 06-24-2014
Sylvain,

Now that the software is an app, and no longer running via the browser, although it still behaves as such, can we have an option to always be logged in? It's really frustrating to have enter a password every single time I use the software. Also, the timeout is annoying too, I don't like having to put in the password again, select the remote, and get back to the Buttons screen when I'm spending some time configuring a device and testing the config. I can't even use LastPass because of the way the login screen is coded.

Also, can you guys please have the app remember that we have seen the tutorial screens? Again, if it times out on me, I have to see that again. I just saw that screen a few minutes ago, now I have to hit close on it yet one more time. How many times is enough? After the first few dozen times I'm pretty sure I know how to edit buttons.
alanh220's Avatar alanh220 09:29 AM 06-25-2014
Quote:
The team here is really, really excited to let everyone know we've announced Nest integration today - Ultimate owners will now be able to control their Nest thermostats directly from their remote!

Visit http://www.myharmony.com/Nest or our blog post for more information.

Regards,

Sylvain
I saw the firmware update on my Ultimate remote last evening - did the re-flash - and added the Nest. Very easy to set up, very cool and very wonderful. I live alone, and sometimes the Nest goes into auto-away mode while I'm watching TV. Being able to just jiggle the remote instead of the tiresome 4-step walk for my iPhone is a big deal

As a former user of the 890 Pro and 890 I'll take this opportunity to say how very impressed I am with the Harmony Ultimate (Hub and Remote) after 4 months use. I have a remote and fairly cramped equipment room, with a large metal rack, and bought the IR blasters thinking they'd be needed for proper operation. Not so! The Hub sits on a shelf and its signals are strong enough to control every dang item in the closet. Only thing I use is an optical (IR-ish) connector from the Hub to my AVR because I already had it.

A great product, with wonderful information and hints here from Sylvain and other users. I'm looking forward to even more future enhancements, but right now I am a happy guy with this purchase.

Now I'm trying to rig up IFTTT so when I drive my car within 1/2 mile of my house using Automatic the Nest clicks back to Home mode. But that's another story.
HarmonySylvain's Avatar HarmonySylvain 09:54 AM 06-25-2014
Quote:
The primary purpose of this update is to enable Nest support. We do apologize for the frequency of firmware updates these last few weeks - the timing with this planned update and last week's correction of the screen timeout issue required a few firmware updates, but things should die down again now

Thanks for hanging in there everyone!
CaptMike's Avatar CaptMike 10:01 AM 06-25-2014
Quote:
The primary purpose of this update is to enable Nest support. We do apologize for the frequency of firmware updates these last few weeks - the timing with this planned update and last week's correction of the screen timeout issue required a few firmware updates, but things should die down again now

Thank you, I will then skip the install of this update as I do not own the Nest

Also,

I personally would like to see 2 things fixed in an upcoming firmware update.

1. While in the "screen lock" mode, the ability to see the clock without unlocking the screen if the screen is touched

2. The ability to have the backlighting illuminate when only the screen is touched and not the hard keys
HarmonySylvain's Avatar HarmonySylvain 10:11 AM 06-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Mickunas View Post
Sylvain,

Now that the software is an app, and no longer running via the browser, although it still behaves as such, can we have an option to always be logged in? It's really frustrating to have enter a password every single time I use the software. Also, the timeout is annoying too, I don't like having to put in the password again, select the remote, and get back to the Buttons screen when I'm spending some time configuring a device and testing the config. I can't even use LastPass because of the way the login screen is coded.

Also, can you guys please have the app remember that we have seen the tutorial screens? Again, if it times out on me, I have to see that again. I just saw that screen a few minutes ago, now I have to hit close on it yet one more time. How many times is enough? After the first few dozen times I'm pretty sure I know how to edit buttons.
Hi Keith,

Are you clicking 'Sign Out' whenever you're done using the MyHarmony software? That's likely why it's asking you to log back in every time. If you just close the app, it will remember your settings and log you back in directly the next time. (I just re-tested this)

Request about the tutorial overlays duly noted. We used to show it every time and recently changed this to once per session, but it's understandable you may not want to see it at all.

Regards,

Sylvain
HarmonySylvain's Avatar HarmonySylvain 10:15 AM 06-25-2014
Quote:
Thank you, I will then skip the install of this update as I do not own the Nest

1. While in the "screen lock" mode, the ability to see the clock without unlocking the screen if the screen is touched

2. The ability to have the backlighting illuminate when only the screen is touched and not the hard keys
Thanks CaptMike.

Can you help me better understand #2 please?

Are you requesting this with battery life in mind, or do you find the hard button backlighting disruptive when using the remote?

Thanks

Sylvain
CaptMike's Avatar CaptMike 10:22 AM 06-25-2014
Quote:
Thanks CaptMike.

Can you help me better understand #2 please?

Are you requesting this with battery life in mind, or do you find the hard button backlighting disruptive when using the remote?

Thanks

Sylvain

Yes, I would like the Ultimate to ONLY have the backlighting illuminate on the screen when the screen is touched. In other words, the way it operates now is when you press a hard button, the screen illuminates....I personally don't like this. There is no need for the lighting to illuminate on the screen when a hard button is pressed. If a person wants to illuminate the screen, then they can touch the screen.
HarmonySylvain's Avatar HarmonySylvain 10:26 AM 06-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph S View Post

[...]

4) Missing Menu Button for FireTV
This has been fixed as well. I didn't get a chance to speak to our data team but it's very likely you'll need to delete and re-add your FireTV device in order to get this menu command - a simple sync will unfortunately not make it appear.

Sylvain
eecyclone's Avatar eecyclone 12:10 PM 06-25-2014
Quote:

I appreciate the firmware update frequency because I like having new features coming in as often as they have been. I just wish I could apply the updates without connecting the remote or hub my computer each time. (I own a smart control and ultimate)

As far as Nest integration goes, will you be bringing Nest support to the smart control? I don't need to be able to control the thermostat, but I wish the Smart Control could tell the Nest when I am home and watching TV as I use that system (Family room) more often than the Ultimate (theater).
Keith Mickunas's Avatar Keith Mickunas 01:26 PM 06-25-2014
Quote:
Hi Keith,

Are you clicking 'Sign Out' whenever you're done using the MyHarmony software? That's likely why it's asking you to log back in every time. If you just close the app, it will remember your settings and log you back in directly the next time. (I just re-tested this)

Request about the tutorial overlays duly noted. We used to show it every time and recently changed this to once per session, but it's understandable you may not want to see it at all.

Regards,

Sylvain
I don't know, maybe I do sign out, I'll try not to do that. It also timed out or something on me yesterday, that was annoying.

Also, after that last firmware update the screen lock was turned on again. For some reason that setting isn't sticking.

Is there a reason that when a firmware update comes along we have to do it on the Ultimate before changing anything else? Yesterday I was trying to make minor changes to one activity on my Ultimate and wasn't allowed to. Instead I had to go find a micro-USB cable and go through a rather long update before changing just a few buttons. Why force this on users if they aren't looking to use the new features right away?
Joseph S's Avatar Joseph S 03:29 PM 06-25-2014
Quote:
This has been fixed as well. I didn't get a chance to speak to our data team but it's very likely you'll need to delete and re-add your FireTV device in order to get this menu command - a simple sync will unfortunately not make it appear.

Sylvain
Thanks. Had to re-add device, but it works.
Tasdom's Avatar Tasdom 09:49 PM 06-25-2014
Quote:
Hi Keith,

Regards,

Sylvain
I'm getting the tutorial screen after EVERY activity I use. I can't get it to stop and it's quite annoying....suggestions? It was fine before I loaded the latest firmware today.
413X3 10:12 PM 06-25-2014
After updating to the latest firmware, my Panasonic tv actions don't work anymore. I assigned the menu button on the remote to the Panasonic menu button, but it does nothing. Worked fine before the firmware update yesterday.
HarmonySylvain's Avatar HarmonySylvain 10:21 AM 06-26-2014
Quote:
Is there a reason that when a firmware update comes along we have to do it on the Ultimate before changing anything else? Yesterday I was trying to make minor changes to one activity on my Ultimate and wasn't allowed to. Instead I had to go find a micro-USB cable and go through a rather long update before changing just a few buttons. Why force this on users if they aren't looking to use the new features right away?
I can't say for sure - there's likely a technical reason. Since, if your hub is on Wi-Fi, the remote and hub are directly tied to your MyHarmony account, I assume it's to make sure the remote's firmware version matches our MyHarmony backend version. Different versions, database schemas, etc might result in erratic behavior.
HarmonySylvain's Avatar HarmonySylvain 10:23 AM 06-26-2014
Quote:
Yes, I would like the Ultimate to ONLY have the backlighting illuminate on the screen when the screen is touched. In other words, the way it operates now is when you press a hard button, the screen illuminates....I personally don't like this. There is no need for the lighting to illuminate on the screen when a hard button is pressed. If a person wants to illuminate the screen, then they can touch the screen.
Thanks CaptMike - makes sense. I've shared this with the team.
HarmonySylvain's Avatar HarmonySylvain 10:35 AM 06-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post
I'm getting the tutorial screen after EVERY activity I use. I can't get it to stop and it's quite annoying....suggestions? It was fine before I loaded the latest firmware today.
A firmware update does reset the tutorial ("Did your Activity start correctly?") that appears for each Activity. It definitely should not appear again after you've told it everything started properly, though. If it reappears when starting the same Activity again, please PM me your account ID (password not needed) so we can see what's happening.
HarmonySylvain's Avatar HarmonySylvain 10:36 AM 06-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 413X3 View Post
After updating to the latest firmware, my Panasonic tv actions don't work anymore. I assigned the menu button on the remote to the Panasonic menu button, but it does nothing. Worked fine before the firmware update yesterday.
Please also PM me your account ID for investigation - password not needed.

Thanks.
413X3 11:04 AM 06-26-2014
Quote:
Please also PM me your account ID for investigation - password not needed.

Thanks.
I assigned the menu button to something else, updated the remote, then assigned it to tv menu again. Now it works again.
Tasdom's Avatar Tasdom 04:53 PM 06-26-2014
Quote:
A firmware update does reset the tutorial ("Did your Activity start correctly?") that appears for each Activity. It definitely should not appear again after you've told it everything started properly, though. If it reappears when starting the same Activity again, please PM me your account ID (password not needed) so we can see what's happening.
Yes it was asking each time even if i had used that activity before and confirmed the activity worked correctly. I rebooted the hub and the remote via the pc connection again. This time after the confirmations, it quit asking me if every thing worked correctly.

So for now, all is working correctly once again.......
Topher's Avatar Topher 10:16 AM 06-27-2014
Anybody else have to reset their hub & remote when updating firmware? The last couple times I've updated the firmware, it gets about half way & then craps out. I have to get MyHarmony to reset (can't remember the term - it's the option on the right of the screen) the hub & Touch. I'm wondering if there's something going on with my laptop & it's not MyHarmony's fault.
bweissman's Avatar bweissman 05:10 PM 06-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
Anybody else have to reset their hub & remote when updating firmware? The last couple times I've updated the firmware, it gets about half way & then craps out. I have to get MyHarmony to reset (can't remember the term - it's the option on the right of the screen) the hub & Touch. I'm wondering if there's something going on with my laptop & it's not MyHarmony's fault.
Negative data point here. There've been 4 (!) updates just in the past month, and they have all gone smoothly for me.
Keith Mickunas's Avatar Keith Mickunas 08:36 AM 06-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweissman View Post
Negative data point here. There've been 4 (!) updates just in the past month, and they have all gone smoothly for me.
Me too. Other than having to track down the right cable which is complicated since I moved house a few weeks ago I've had no issues with the updates.
rehaz1's Avatar rehaz1 10:53 AM 06-28-2014
Quote:
Me too. Other than having to track down the right cable which is complicated since I moved house a few weeks ago I've had no issues with the updates.
I have had no problems updating the firmware on my 3 Ultimates, 1 Touch, and 1 Smart control remote
Tags: Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control
First ... 66  67  68 69  70  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop