Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 69 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #2041 of 2053 Old 06-29-2014, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is anyone else having a problem with the "lock screen after timeout" option since the latest update? It just straight up doesn't work for me now. I've tried turning it on and off and changing the timeout time with no luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2042 of 2053 Old 06-30-2014, 05:55 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post
The primary purpose of this update is to enable Nest support. We do apologize for the frequency of firmware updates these last few weeks - the timing with this planned update and last week's correction of the screen timeout issue required a few firmware updates, but things should die down again now

Thanks for hanging in there everyone!
Any idea if the Harmony team is working on Belkin WeMo integration and when there might be a firmware update for it? I would love to use my Ultimate and smart control with my Wemo outlet and light switch! Thanks!

Edit: IFTTT support would also be awesome to interface the Ultimate/smart control with even more devices and bring more functionality!

Last edited by eecyclone; 06-30-2014 at 06:06 AM.
post #2043 of 2053 Old 06-30-2014, 06:08 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
Anybody else have to reset their hub & remote when updating firmware? The last couple times I've updated the firmware, it gets about half way & then craps out. I have to get MyHarmony to reset (can't remember the term - it's the option on the right of the screen) the hub & Touch. I'm wondering if there's something going on with my laptop & it's not MyHarmony's fault.
Not during the update, but on a couple of occasions I've had to reboot after a firmware update.
post #2044 of 2053 Old 06-30-2014, 07:02 AM

Liked: 0
Rebooting my remote by holding down the off button for 15 seconds seems to have fixed my issue. Just wanted to give an update in case anyone was having a similar problem.
post #2045 of 2053 Old 07-02-2014, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post
I have had no problems updating the firmware on my 3 Ultimates, 1 Touch, and 1 Smart control remote
Okay, must be my laptop. It's old & has too much stuff on it.
post #2046 of 2053 Old 07-07-2014, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
So I'm still having problems with this remote.
Logitech replaced this a couple of weeks ago. Hooked up what was supposed to be new remote (looked used to me and packaged differently with lots of fingerprints). Was able to load original setup on to the remote. Everything was working well.
Saw that the firmware was supposed to get an update and the remote will not sync. Not sure what the problem is and I doubt Logitech has a clue. At this point I would prefer my money back and I'll buy something else...
Really had enough excuses!
HOW about it Sylvain???
post #2047 of 2053 Old 07-08-2014, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernstmach View Post
Logitech replaced this a couple of weeks ago. Hooked up what was supposed to be new remote (looked used to me and packaged differently with lots of fingerprints). Was able to load original setup on to the remote. Everything was working well.
Saw that the firmware was supposed to get an update and the remote will not sync.
Just to be sure, you are not connecting the remote to your PC while the hub is also connected by USB? I saw in an earlier post that you had connected the hub by USB at one point.

I originally wanted to connect my hub by USB for power (easiest source). It worked fine but I found the remote would never sync by USB while the hub was also connected.
post #2048 of 2053 Old 07-08-2014, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Saw that the firmware was supposed to get an update and the remote will not sync. Not sure what the problem is and I doubt Logitech has a clue. At this point I would prefer my money back and I'll buy something else...
Really had enough excuses!
HOW about it Sylvain???
Hi Ernstmach

Sorry to hear about this. I chatted with Ian and it seems you've also contacted him via email about this - let's stay on the email channel as it's faster and more direct than going through forums. We can update this thread with our findings and resolution once we're done. Sounds good?

Thanks,

Sylvain
post #2049 of 2053 Old Yesterday, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jong1 View Post
Just to be sure, you are not connecting the remote to your PC while the hub is also connected by USB? I saw in an earlier post that you had connected the hub by USB at one point.

I originally wanted to connect my hub by USB for power (easiest source). It worked fine but I found the remote would never sync by USB while the hub was also connected.
Appreciate the thought jong1. No the hub is not connected via usb. It is powered separately.
From what I can gather the remote may be having an issue with the software for some reason. When the replacement arrived I connected to my pc using the original usb cable in the same usb port. I was able to load my configuration and everything was working fine.

When a message on the remote said that there was a firmware update available I plugged the remote into the same cable. in the same usb port. Now the remote will not sync. Same problem as before.

Nothing has been changed on my pc. No firewall changes....nothing. The Logitech Sr. Manager keeps telling me the usb port is the problem. How can that be? It worked to load the remote and now it will not sync.

I have asked for my money back. Have had enough of dealing with people guessing how to correct this issue.

Last edited by Ernstmach; Yesterday at 05:55 AM.
post #2050 of 2053 Old Yesterday, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Hi Ernstmach

Sorry to hear about this. I chatted with Ian and it seems you've also contacted him via email about this - let's stay on the email channel as it's faster and more direct than going through forums. We can update this thread with our findings and resolution once we're done. Sounds good?

Thanks,

Sylvain
Thanks for your reply Sylvain.
I would think that putting information about issues and how they are being dealt with would be helpful to those that are looking at purchasing or are themselves having issues with this device.

I have not posted anything but updates. No dirty laundry...just facts!

If there is a problem with what I am posting I'm certain that the mod will inform me and I will do as he/she asks.

As for resolving the issue I'm all for it, I would much prefer that this was working without issue. That is until the RMA arrives. Then it won't be my problem any further.

Thanks again for your assistance!
post #2051 of 2053 Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
If there is a problem with what I am posting I'm certain that the mod will inform me and I will do as he/she asks.
Oops - sorry, I meant that I didn't want you to feel like I was trying to 'hide' the issue here by pushing you out of the forums and into an email discussion. Email was just quicker and more direct.

Thanks

Sylvain
post #2052 of 2053 Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Oops - sorry, I meant that I didn't want you to feel like I was trying to 'hide' the issue here by pushing you out of the forums and into an email discussion. Email was just quicker and more direct.

Thanks

Sylvain
Hey Sylvain, as I'm sure you already know I can be very direct in my responses . Issues out of context won't be posted by me here. I don't have a hate campaign going on.
No worries!
I do think it is important for others to see how companies respond to issues. I feel this is a good example since we see many good experiences as well as a few not so good and how a company deals with that.

Any thoughts on the problem?

I see the RMA has arrived so this is going back. The hunt for a new remote begins!

Thanks again for your help and have a great weekend!

Last edited by Ernstmach; Yesterday at 05:16 PM.
post #2053 of 2053 Old Today, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Hey Sylvain, as I'm sure you already know I can be very direct in my responses . Issues out of context won't be posted by me here. I don't have a hate campaign going on.
No worries!
I do think it is important for others to see how companies respond to issues. I feel this is a good example since we see many good experiences as well as a few not so good and how a company deals with that.

Any thoughts on the problem?

I see the RMA has arrived so this is going back. The hunt for a new remote begins!

Thanks again for your help and have a great weekend!
FYI

The USB cable that came with my remote was junk! I had intermittent connections with my PC and then it wouldn't sync. I ended up using one of my Android phones USB cables and its synced up fine every time since.

Ron
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page