Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #181 of 2331 Old 05-30-2013, 06:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I think that the Ultimate is geared toward making sure that the hub is knowledgeable about all activities and controlling devices directly would negate that architecture. The hub central control point allows the concurrent use of the iOS device, for example, without losing track of the device states. I don't know if it will do direct control, but I am pretty sure that you don't want to use it in that fashion.

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 2331 Old 05-30-2013, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAdiy View Post

I don't u
I don't understand. Could you please elaborate? Thanks in advance!

I called Logitech again and this time another tech was able to fix this issue by adding a delay between my Zone 1 and Zone 2 power off commands. Now, both zones turn off with the "off" hard button.

Just thought I'd share just invade anyone else is having this issue.
post #183 of 2331 Old 05-30-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdunn13 View Post

"Any chance of a PC (and mac) app, or if the hub could support (or already has) an embedded web server, a web interface?"

I can't answer that directly, but you could always use a phone emulator on your laptop... perfectly legal and free...

"Just a curious question...I see references to setting things up to either send IR from the remote directly or from the hub. But wouldn't you then not be able to use the apps to control said devices? Or at the very least you'd be dependent on the remote being pointed at the devices, right? I'd think you'd want everything to be done from the hub."

That is a good point.. I have a media closet and a projector. I would want the hub to turn on / off all things in the closet VIA the hub.. but use the remote for the projector. I guess I could only use the phone apps after the projector is already on.

In the fall(football) - I will have a second TV in there to go along with the projector to watch multiple games.... I am not sure how I will handle that.. I don't have the ultimate as I have been waiting on The Smart Control.. but I am getting impatient and now looking at other options.

BD

I also have to use the remote directly for my TVs as they are not in the media cabinet (of course) like all my other devices are. And yes, I can't control my TVs via the app. However, it hasn't seemed to cause a major problem...just have to power on via remote first and then all other control can be accomplished via app if desired. That works well for me as I'd rather take my phone outside to my 2nd zone rather than my $350 remote.
post #184 of 2331 Old 05-30-2013, 07:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

I don't u
I don't understand. Could you please elaborate? Thanks in advance!
If the command is missing from the 3313ci Zone 2 device, add a 4311ci zone 2 device. The 3313ce zone 2 can then be deleted and just use the 4311 as the ir commands are identical.
post #185 of 2331 Old 05-30-2013, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 68
bkrodgers, if all your equipment is in the same place, and can be reached by the hub and blasters, then by all means, use the hub only. But those of us who have the equipment located in a closet, enclosed rack, or adjacent room, we tend to have to control the display via the remote. Yes this requires using the remote to power on the display, but it's not the worst thing in the world.

It seems to me HDMI CEC should help take care of that, but I haven't bothered trying that out on my system yet. It'd also be possible, depending on your setup, to run an IR blaster from the hub out on a long cable to where your display is.
post #186 of 2331 Old 05-30-2013, 09:23 AM

Does anyone have any experience with the Philips Hue lighting system? Also, have you used your Ultimate to control them?

I was also wondering if I would be able to program them as follows: when a certain activity is selected (for ex: watch a movie), could I have the lights dim, change color, etc as desired?

Lastly, does anyone know how long the bulbs are expected to last? Wondering cause they are rather expensive.

Thanks!
post #187 of 2331 Old 05-30-2013, 10:08 AM

Liked: 18
Hi Brian,

Here's a few answers to your questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrodgers View Post

I've got a couple questions. I didn't see them in here or the other thread, but apologies if they're there and I missed them.

- Any chance of a PC (and mac) app, or if the hub could support (or already has) an embedded web server, a web interface? I'm often in front of my laptop when watching TV, and while the smartphone usually isn't that far away, it'd be really cool to be able to just alt-tab over to the remote app or webpage on my laptop to make a change. REALLY cool. When I'm in that situation, that would be far faster and easier than either picking up the remote or getting my phone/tablet turned on and launching an app.

We've considered making a dedicated web UI as you describe, but demand for this is very low.
Quote:
- I saw somewhere online that the new remotes don't have a sleep timer. I've lived without it on the One that I use in my bedroom, but it's always been less than ideal...I keep a "TV on" custom button to turn the TV back on the next day. It works, but a built in Harmony sleep timer would be soooooo much better. As I understand it, the 900 had this feature, but it's been removed in the Touch/Ultimate line. Why was it removed, and any chance this will be added back?

Currently the Harmony Ultimate does not have the sleep timer feature that Harmony 900 has, but plan on adding it in an update, sometime this summer.
Quote:
- Just a curious question...I see references to setting things up to either send IR from the remote directly or from the hub. But wouldn't you then not be able to use the apps to control said devices? Or at the very least you'd be dependent on the remote being pointed at the devices, right? I'd think you'd want everything to be done from the hub. That's how I was planning to set it up anyway -- I don't have a closed cabinet, but I do have a long livingroom/dining room where line of sight to some of the components can be tough from some spots. But I'm curious why anyone would want to use the IR capabilities of the remote if they plan to use the apps at all.

Correct, if you assign any devices to be controlled directly from the remote, the phone won't be able to control them. Your last point is the key - if you plan on using the phone to start and stop activities, it's important to assign all devices to the hub and mini blasters. If however your phone usage will be more along the lines of skipping tracks or adjusting the volume from a different room or while on the patio, etc, then partial hub control could work. Really depends on your setup and usage.
Quote:
- I downloaded the app to see if I could play with it before I had a hub, and quickly saw the answer is no -- that's fine, of course, as it's useless beyond a demo without a hub. But one thing I want to know is how quickly the app loads and connects to the hub when you launch it? On my Android phone (a Droid DNA with a fast quad core processor), the app has a splash screen that shows up for about 5 seconds, before it goes to the screen with "Buy It" and "Connect" as my options. Is that splash screen and delay just there before it's setup and paired to a hub, or does it always take a little while to launch and sync up? It may not be as much an issue if I got with the Ultimate, where I'll still probably use the remote most of the time and just use the app if I'm away from the . But if I'm doing the Smart Remote with the basic remote, I'll probably use the app a lot more. I'd hope it's as close to near-instant launch and connect as possible. I'd probably add it as one of the apps I can launch directly from the lock screen, in fact, so that I can pick up the phone and be in remote mode as quickly as possible.

Any delay between accessing the app and it being ready to use does vary a bit depending on how long it's been since you last used it. Fresh launching the app does take a few seconds to establish the connection with the hub and get the latest smart state information about what activity is running, etc. If the app is running but your phone just went to sleep, or you have switched to a different app for a while (email, phone, Angry Birds, etc) you will also see a small delay while the Harmony app established the connection and gets the latest info from the hub.

Hope this helps,

Ian.
post #188 of 2331 Old 05-30-2013, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
Quote:

Does anyone have any experience with the Philips Hue lighting system? Also, have you used your Ultimate to control them?

I was also wondering if I would be able to program them as follows: when a certain activity is selected (for ex: watch a movie), could I have the lights dim, change color, etc as desired?

Lastly, does anyone know how long the bulbs are expected to last? Wondering cause they are rather expensive.

Thanks!

You set how the lights dim from the remote. You can then attach it permanently to the activity.

Not sure about color. When I used it you could slide between warm and cool.

The lights are neat. They still need a little work. But if you want bulbs that change color, turn on and off they work reliably. I believe the bulbs should last 15 year. Don't quote me on that. To some degree it's neat but I also wish I waited a bit or went another direction. At their brightest I still feel they are not bright enough. Perhaps buy and try?

post #189 of 2331 Old 05-30-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrodgers View Post

- Any chance of a PC (and mac) app, or if the hub could support (or already has) an embedded web server, a web interface? I'm often in front of my laptop when watching TV, and while the smartphone usually isn't that far away, it'd be really cool to be able to just alt-tab over to the remote app or webpage on my laptop to make a change. REALLY cool. When I'm in that situation, that would be far faster and easier than either picking up the remote or getting my phone/tablet turned on and launching an app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonyIan View Post

We've considered making a dedicated web UI as you describe, but demand for this is very low.

Thanks Ian! I can understand that the demand would be low, though I have to think I'm not the only who'd love to have it if it were available. I do hope it stays on the list for possible implementation down the road, after higher demand items. It'd really be a nice touch to set the new products apart even more.

Very glad to hear about the sleep timer's upcoming return! Will that be on both the ultimate and smart? Or just the ultimate?
post #190 of 2331 Old 05-30-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpalmieri1203 View Post

You set how the lights dim from the remote. You can then attach it permanently to the activity.

Not sure about color. When I used it you could slide between warm and cool.

The lights are neat. They still need a little work. But if you want bulbs that change color, turn on and off they work reliably. I believe the bulbs should last 15 year. Don't quote me on that. To some degree it's neat but I also wish I waited a bit or went another direction. At their brightest I still feel they are not bright enough. Perhaps buy and try?

I'm curious who else has tried te Philips Hue lights here and what there thoughts are, either on the lights themselves or using the Harmony Ultimate to control them. I realize that many of you might have other lighting systems using Zigbee or Z-wave standards, that would require additional hardware. We are considering that for a future product, but for now I'm generally interested in the types of use cases you guys are interested for lighting control in general.

If you're willing to share, I'd love to hear.

Ian.
post #191 of 2331 Old 05-30-2013, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
Quote:

I'm curious who else has tried te Philips Hue lights here and what there thoughts are, either on the lights themselves or using the Harmony Ultimate to control them. I realize that many of you might have other lighting systems using Zigbee or Z-wave standards, that would require additional hardware. We are considering that for a future product, but for now I'm generally interested in the types of use cases you guys are interested for lighting control in general.

Ian.

I'll be honest the Harmony's ability to link Hue settings directly to activities is THE feature that initially sold me on this remote. When it worked it was fantastic. However, keeping the Harmony base connected to my network seemed to be quite the daunting task.

The Harmony implementation is great though.

post #192 of 2331 Old 05-30-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmacaula View Post

Discovered something interesting last night.
My hub is connected to the IR-In jack of an Anthem MRX-500 AVR by 3.5mm cable (yes, I have some 2.5 to 3.5 adapters). The AVR is connected to the TV and STB (Sci Atlanta Explorer 8300HD) by HDMI.
I disconnected the IR mini-blasters and tried the H-U remote from a spot where the IR emitter is not visible to any of the devices. I expected the AVR to work, but not the STB or TV., but all three responded to commands from the remote.
Does HDMI send IR commands ?
I can't see another way for the signals to get to the STB and TV.

Patrick.

Hi Patrick,

Nice to see a fellow Anthem user in the forum! Are you Canadian?

Regarding your question, where is your hub relative to your STB and TV? The hub itself is a powerful IR blaster so even if it's not right in front of your devices, it can flood a room with IR signals and reach devices you might not expect. To my knowledge, neither Anthem or SA implement HDMI CEC in their devices so I don't think that's what's happening.

Ian.
post #193 of 2331 Old 05-30-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:

Ian.

Any chance z-wave control will be possible in the future on the Ultimate (like the old 890)?

Shashi
post #194 of 2331 Old 05-30-2013, 05:32 PM

Ian,
Thanks for the response.
Quote:

Are you Canadian?Ian.
Yes. Toronto. Great to hear you are an Anthem owner !
Quote:

...where is your hub relative to your STB and TV?
The hub is on a shelf above the TV and right next to the STB. All three face the same way & their fronts are roughly in the same plane. I guess the IR from the hub must be reflecting off the windows at the other end of the room.

Is there a way to select the MRX-500 input after a delay ?

The 'Select Input' command in the MyHarmony menu is an an option when setting up the activity, but I don't see an equivalent when customizing the activity.
I assume that since it take a few seconds for the MRX-500 to power up, it must be missing the initial 'Select Input' command. so it stays at whatever it was last time it powered up. This affects a number of activities where I want the AVR to switch to a new input on power-up.

In the case of the 'Media' input, I also need to select it a 2nd time in order to toggle from Media/Internet Radio to Media/USB (where I connect my iPod).

Cheers. Patrick.
post #195 of 2331 Old 05-31-2013, 06:06 AM

Liked: 11
You are quite right Ian about the strength of the IR blaster in th hub, In my implementation, I have open shelving, but was concerned about the placement of the IR blasters releative to my equipment rack and TV. The cabinet is hand made from 3/4 Cherry plywood with solid cherry fascia, and the cabinet shelves are full length front to back. It seemed to me that I should be putting the hub out in front of the cabinet, but there isn't anything to rest it on, so I put it on top of the Klipsch tower located to the right of the cabinet. I originally placed IR blasters on a couple of the shelves, but found they were unnecessary, even though there is no clear line of sight from the hub to the equipment being controlled. It works flawlessly without any additional blasters directly from the hub. I am a happy camper!

Jeff
post #196 of 2331 Old 05-31-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:

Ian,

The hub is on a shelf above the TV and right next to the STB. All three face the same way & their fronts are roughly in the same plane. I guess the IR from the hub must be reflecting off the windows at the other end of the room.

Is there a way to select the MRX-500 input after a delay ?

The 'Select Input' command in the MyHarmony menu is an an option when setting up the activity, but I don't see an equivalent when customizing the activity.
I assume that since it take a few seconds for the MRX-500 to power up, it must be missing the initial 'Select Input' command. so it stays at whatever it was last time it powered up. This affects a number of activities where I want the AVR to switch to a new input on power-up.

Sounds like you need to adjust your Power On Delay. I have the MRX-300 and the initial power on delay setting was way to short. On your remote, go to Settings > Devices > Delay Settings > Change Delays > Anthem AVR > Power On and adjust the slider to 9 seconds. It's probably 1.5 seconds right now which is too short.

Quote:
In the case of the 'Media' input, I also need to select it a 2nd time in order to toggle from Media/Internet Radio to Media/USB (where I connect my iPod).

I'm not familiar with using these options. I added an MRX-500 to my account and I see separate commands for InputMedia and InputiPod. If you have different activities for Internet Radio and iPod, are you using the correct input settings for each?

Ian.
post #197 of 2331 Old 05-31-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:

Sounds like you need to adjust your Power On Delay. I have the MRX-300 and the initial power on delay setting was way to short. On your remote, go to Settings > Devices > Delay Settings > Change Delays > Anthem AVR > Power On and adjust the slider to 9 seconds. It's probably 1.5 seconds right now which is too short.
Ian - Thanks ! After some playing around, the required delay after power-on to reliably select the right input is about 13s.
Quote:

I'm not familiar with using these options. I added an MRX-500 to my account and I see separate commands for InputMedia and InputiPod. If you have different activities for Internet Radio and iPod, are you using the correct input settings for each?.
You are right, there is an Input Media option when setting up a new Activity using the MRX-500. That is what I selected.
I want to issue the same command (Input Media) a second time, as on the MRX-500 remote, once you select Input Media, you can toggle between Internet Radio or USB by pressing the same physical key (Media) on the remote.

In the MyHarmony web application, I tried to go into Activities>[Select iPod on USB activity]>Customize this Activity>+Add Step>Select Device/Anthem AV Receiver>Command>Value
In the Value drop-down list, I cannot find an InputMedia or similar command to allow me to send the same command a 2nd time.

Thanks. Patrick.
post #198 of 2331 Old 06-01-2013, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Can the Smart Hub be added to an existing remote? I have the 900.

Kaboom.
post #199 of 2331 Old 06-01-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut4772 View Post

Can the Smart Hub be added to an existing remote? I have the 900.

I believe the answer is no for the 900. The touch can, once they start selling it and update the firmware, but the 900 is a different platform.
post #200 of 2331 Old 06-01-2013, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok thanks.

Kaboom.
post #201 of 2331 Old 06-02-2013, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

For fellow Anthem owners, is there a default zone 2 in the Harmony menu or do I have to add it?

Kaboom.
post #202 of 2331 Old 06-02-2013, 06:22 PM

Is anyone else's app being unresponsive? Some of the issues I'm having are as follows:

- cant connect trip hub
- when it does connect, doesn't start an activity
- sometime functions such as guide, volume, etc works, them minutes later, they stop working

Love the remote but seems like the app need a lot of work....
post #203 of 2331 Old 06-02-2013, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I've run into a real problem with the Favorites feature. I have a DVR I use for watching TV, however I also have an HTPC running XBMC which I'm trying to use the Media Center PC SE device for the IR commands, this command set also has TV tuning functions, as a result when I try and modify my HTPC action to use this device, instead of my old one, I'm being told all my favorites are going to be wiped out. I can't seem to turn off the option of watching live TV for this activity.

So for those arguing that Favorites should be global, what do you do? I'd love to hear your proposed solution. If I save this activity where I'm at right now, all my favorites are going to be gone. I'm probably going to have to reconfigure my Watch TV activity to have it take over the favorites again. And quite probably in the future when I tweak my HTPC activity it'll try and take that over again.

Seriously, this Favorites feature is horribly implemented. I don't want to lose what I've set up, but at this point it's either that or use my other HTPC device which is missing some features. What a great choice I have.
post #204 of 2331 Old 06-02-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:

Ian.

With regards to the Hue lights, I for one am very interested in being able to latch a light sequence to an activity such as watching a bluray. I'd like to be able to dim the lights, change the color to a preset scheme, etc. It would be a real bonus if a strobe light feature can be implemented as well. Would go nice with a party or music activity smile.gif Thanks for listening.
post #205 of 2331 Old 06-03-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Mickunas View Post

I've run into a real problem with the Favorites feature. I have a DVR I use for watching TV, however I also have an HTPC running XBMC which I'm trying to use the Media Center PC SE device for the IR commands, this command set also has TV tuning functions, as a result when I try and modify my HTPC action to use this device, instead of my old one, I'm being told all my favorites are going to be wiped out. I can't seem to turn off the option of watching live TV for this activity.

So for those arguing that Favorites should be global, what do you do? I'd love to hear your proposed solution. If I save this activity where I'm at right now, all my favorites are going to be gone. I'm probably going to have to reconfigure my Watch TV activity to have it take over the favorites again. And quite probably in the future when I tweak my HTPC activity it'll try and take that over again.

Seriously, this Favorites feature is horribly implemented. I don't want to lose what I've set up, but at this point it's either that or use my other HTPC device which is missing some features. What a great choice I have.

Hi Keith,

Not sure I follow you. You have a Watch TV activity that uses your DVR, correct? And you have an HTPC that also can tune channels. Are you trying to replace your DVR with your HTPC within your current Watch TV activity, or at least change the channel tuning responsibilities? Or are you trying to create a different Watch TV activity that uses the HTPC and set that activity as the default for your favorites?

Either way, as you know, favorites are currently only supported for a single activity. And because the favorites are unique to your TV provider (Comcast, TWC, Dish, etc) and typically the STB provided to you, if you change the tuning device it will usually result in your favorites being mapped to the wrong channel number, thus the need to redo them.

i"m not sure this addresses your situation however, let us know if you're talking about something different.

Ian.
post #206 of 2331 Old 06-03-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidefny View Post

With regards to the Hue lights, I for one am very interested in being able to latch a light sequence to an activity such as watching a bluray. I'd like to be able to dim the lights, change the color to a preset scheme, etc. It would be a real bonus if a strobe light feature can be implemented as well. Would go nice with a party or music activity smile.gif Thanks for listening.

Hi,

You can currently associate a predefined lighting setting to each of your activities (and the "off" state) as you describe. Harmony can't yet trigger any kind of strobing behavior although there are other apps that can do that.

Ian.
post #207 of 2331 Old 06-03-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:

Ian - Thanks ! After some playing around, the required delay after power-on to reliably select the right input is about 13s.
You are right, there is an Input Media option when setting up a new Activity using the MRX-500. That is what I selected.
I want to issue the same command (Input Media) a second time, as on the MRX-500 remote, once you select Input Media, you can toggle between Internet Radio or USB by pressing the same physical key (Media) on the remote.

In the MyHarmony web application, I tried to go into Activities>[Select iPod on USB activity]>Customize this Activity>+Add Step>Select Device/Anthem AV Receiver>Command>Value
In the Value drop-down list, I cannot find an InputMedia or similar command to allow me to send the same command a 2nd time.

Thanks. Patrick.

Hi Patrick,

The Harmony system won't let you add more input commands to the activity sequence, as it assumes that if you wanted a particular input you would select that when setting up the initial activity.

Again, why not just create two activities - "Listen to Internet Radio" and "Listen to iPod" - and assign each activity the appropriate input? When switching between these activities, it would be very seamless as the only change would be your Anthem AVR switching inputs. This would also ensure that any other button mappings on your remote to be tailored to your music source. For example, your Anthem AVR can control next/previous track, etc on your iPod, but obviously you can't do that with internet radio. Setting these up as separate activities allows you to fine tune these sorts of things.

Ian.
post #208 of 2331 Old 06-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 50
Ian I have two activities that are used for watching TV. The first one is Watch TV which is only the TV and DVR and the second one is Watch PVR which includes my TV, DVR and AVR. The favorites are defaulted to the Watch TV activity and I would like it assigned to the Watch PVR activity. How do I do that?
post #209 of 2331 Old 06-03-2013, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:

The Harmony system won't let you add more input commands to the activity sequence, as it assumes that if you wanted a particular input you would select that when setting up the initial activity.
I think this is a terrible design decision. If I'm smart enough to add more commands to my activity macro, I should be able to add any commands I want, input or otherwise. I realize you're just trying to make it fool-proof to reduce support calls, but I'll wager you'll get more calls because people want to defeat this artificial limitation and can't.

Here's a good example. Imagine I have CEC enabled on my devices because I need ARC or something like that. My activities are going to fail because the input commands are going to be ignored. However, since I can manually add more commands, I can throw in a few extra discrete input commands and fix the problem myself. Since you've prohibited me from doing that, you're going to get a long, complicated series of support calls and ultimately add those commands for me anyway.

Also, I can easily defeat this limitation by simply learning my input commands to new functions called something else and use them anyway. You have no way of knowing that my new Command1 is actually HDMI1 unless you are going to a lot of trouble to match my learns to existing input commands, which I highly doubt. So I think you guys are spending way too much effort taking features away when you should leave well enough alone and give advanced users more control, like pronto hex import, adjustable command held durations, etc. These kinds of ridiculous limitations are exactly why I don't use Harmony remotes anymore.
post #210 of 2331 Old 06-03-2013, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hi Keith,

Not sure I follow you. You have a Watch TV activity that uses your DVR, correct? And you have an HTPC that also can tune channels. Are you trying to replace your DVR with your HTPC within your current Watch TV activity, or at least change the channel tuning responsibilities? Or are you trying to create a different Watch TV activity that uses the HTPC and set that activity as the default for your favorites?

Either way, as you know, favorites are currently only supported for a single activity. And because the favorites are unique to your TV provider (Comcast, TWC, Dish, etc) and typically the STB provided to you, if you change the tuning device it will usually result in your favorites being mapped to the wrong channel number, thus the need to redo them.

i"m not sure this addresses your situation however, let us know if you're talking about something different.

Ian.

I did not change the tuning device, somehow it was changed by the software. I'm certain the DVR had been selected for Favorites, I'm pretty certain I had tested them. I have the DVR as the device in the Watch TV activity. When editing my Watch Media activity, which is what I use for watching content on my HTPC, I changed the media player device that was being used. This change resulted in it eliminating my Favorites, and there wasn't anyway to back out of it at that point. They're gone, I have to redo it.

Maybe it had defaulted to using my Media Center device before for favorites and I didn't realize it, I don't know why it would have chosen that over a DVR, that's an odd choice to make. If it had prompted me I would have chosen DVR obviously. It's especially odd since both the Watch Media activity and the HTPC device had a little warning indicator on there and the comment with that warning was some nonsense about needing to give it a model number so the proper device could be chosen, and I could never figure out how to edit that device directly to provide that information.

It's just another part of the horrible software design. Can you guys really not save the flag that a tutorial has been viewed? Why is that reset for every single session? That should be a user variable, not a session variable. When someone has gone through editing buttons, or an activity, etc., and the tutorial screen is shown at the very least there should be a checkbox that says "Do not show this again". The software is cumbersome enough with the limited amount of editing done per screen, the weird way buttons are assigned in their own top-level menu for all devices/activities, rather than putting that editing under devices or activities as appropriate, and so on. It's just such a nuisance.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page