20Likes

post #2161 of 2486 Old 08-19-2014, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
The smart has no IR. It would not work for your application.
Boo. That's a shame. Technically I could turn on the projector manually, not that difficult. Controlling the other components is the main thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2162 of 2486 Old 08-19-2014, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeG44 View Post
Gents:

I have a 3 bay Salamander Design Console

http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/pro...e-5125e2687a6a

with a host of Home Theater equipment that I control with the Ultimate One Remote - Currently you have to position the remote at a certain area to ensure all devices (dependent on the activity) turn on & off. Hence, I'm contemplating adding the Harmony HUB to my repetoire ... Here's my plan:

Control the HUB via RF via the Ultimate One
Control my HT items via the HUB either by several mini blasters inside the console or by using individual IR emitters (using Y adapters etc.)

ShouldI go with the blasters or individual IR emitters?

My setup is below:

Thanks in advance ...
I use a combination of Y splitters and 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters to have an IR emitter on each one of my devices. Devices that have a hardwire IR input on the back (receiver and cable box) are directly connected with a stereo audio cable and the appropriate adapters 2.5mm or 3.5mm adapters. This setup works very well for me.
post #2163 of 2486 Old 08-19-2014, 07:15 AM

Quote:
^^^
I can't answer your other question because I though emitters and blasters were functionally the same thing. Are you asking if you should make your own versus buy? How many ports does an ultimate hub have anyway? I don't think you have much choice if you need more than a couple of blasters.
I believe blasters are more powerful than emitters. Blasters can control multiple devices while emitters generally stick on the device right on top of the device's IR receiver.

The Hub has two (2) 2.5mm IR output ports.
post #2164 of 2486 Old 08-21-2014, 04:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Hi Guys,

I have a question about controlling a pretty specific device with my Logitech Harmony ultimate:

I have a special so-called 'auto-masking' home theater screen. This is a screen which can be automatically (electrically) adjusted to custom pre-defined screen image height. My screen http://www.takeoffmedia.de/en/image-screens/hollywood-screens-infos/hollywoodscreensimasquelight.html is using a 'Image Screens' labeled Elro remote controller http://postimg.org/image/qrj9gabud/. I had to program this remote myself (this took me forever to do this but eventually worked out for me ). I now have FIVE custom programmed image heights which I can access by pressing the UP ARROW on my remote and press this untill I get the height I want. When pressing the UPPER ARROW on the Elro remote I just look at the Elro remote and look when the wanted screen program lights up (you can see the five leds). Once it is on the one that I want to use I can press the MIDDLE ROUND button on the Elro remote. My screen then adjusts itself to the screen height I programmed into the remote.

So........ the Elro remote uses a 868 mhz frequency http://postimg.org/image/ttzmwr7rd/ and I just bought this http://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/shop/nl/light-manager-pro. This device is compatible with 868mhz and converts an IR signal to the needed RF signal.

My question is if I can control my screen with my Logitech Ultimate and IF i can control it if I am able to select the custom programs that I learned to my original Elro remote.
post #2165 of 2486 Old 08-21-2014, 09:41 AM

Got the Harmony Ultimate and I like it a lot.

Stupid question:

What do I do to get it to just mirror another remote entirely? I've set up my activities and such and I know I can hit device and select various functions on that device but I just want it to act completely like a specific remote for a bit.

For example, my Watch Tv turns on my tv, receiver, and cable. My receiver is in another room so I can't just use the standard remote and look at the screen at the same time. The harmony controls volume fine but the receiver keeps going into setup mode so I want to use the harmony to go through the receivers menu and all that.

Hope that makes sense. I'd prefer to do it without having to use all the device/buttons and just use the harmony itself like it's the receiver remote.

Let me know thanks!
post #2166 of 2486 Old 08-21-2014, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Have you tried selecting the device you want to control. It does setup each individual remote for each device bit you might need to tweak each device as you see fit

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jeff
post #2167 of 2486 Old 08-21-2014, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Yeah going into the device should make the remote act as that device's remote.

But I think I'd work on something to prevent this from being necessary. I don't quite follow what's going on
post #2168 of 2486 Old 08-21-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
Yeah going into the device should make the remote act as that device's remote.

But I think I'd work on something to prevent this from being necessary. I don't quite follow what's going on
No I should only have to do it once. The receiver got reset and it's forcing me to do it one time.
post #2169 of 2486 Old 08-22-2014, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Need a little help here please.

I just got an Ultimate as an upgrade to a One that is going a little flaky. But I have been using it for over 4 years now so...

Everything went pretty well in setting up the remote using myharmony.com. Only issue I had on the setup was that I had a wireless repeater in the room to boost the wi fi signal and it must have been creating a sub net or something, because I could not get the software to discover my Sonos or my Roku 3. Disconnected the repeater and then it found them both.

Anyway, I am pretty much up and going well now except two issues.

1) On my "Watch Roku" activity, it regularly skips or does not perform the input switch (to DVR input) on my Denon AVR-4311CI. All my other activities are working fine in relation to switching the input. I checked the activity and the command is there. But since there is no "power On" for the Roku, the only commands in the activity are to turn my TV on (no input changes on the tv) and to turn on the AVR and change the input. I tried monkeying around with the delays for the Denon to increase the input delay (made it worse - the other activities then started having issues) and the power on delay (did not do anything). I cannot seem to add a delay command in the activity itself because when I try to do that it will only add the delay to the very end and I cannot move it. When I start the activity, hitting the HELP button DOES switch the input correctly every time, but I don't want to hit the HELP button every time I start the activity. Which leads me back to the power on delay. But besides this is there any other suggestions?

2) On my "Play Wii" activity. The Ultimate (hub) is not sending any commands to my Wii (not a WiiU) to power it on or control it. Isn't that a bluetooth device? Is there some sort of pairing that needs to happen that I am not aware of? The device is added to the remote and activity has the command to turn it on and use it. What do I need to do to make the Ultimate turn the Wii on and for the remote to be able to control it? When i ran the activity for the first time it never told me it needed to pair with the Wii and did not guide me through pairing. Should I delete the Wii and its activity and re-add them and try again?

Any help here would be appreciated.

Main System: Denon AVR-4311ci; Emo XPA-5, Panasonic TC-P65ST50, Oppo BDP93, PS2&3, Wii, Sonos Connect, Mede8er, Roku 3
Ascend RAAL Towers, RAAL Horizon Center, Sierra 2's (surround), Def Tec SM350's (rear surrounds), 2 Rythmik F15's
2 other systems: 1 Onkyo, 1 Denon, Paradigm Studio V1 and V2 speakers, Panasonic Plasmas, etc.

Last edited by mde8965; 08-22-2014 at 12:29 PM.
post #2170 of 2486 Old 08-22-2014, 02:43 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post
Hi Guys,

I have a question about controlling a pretty specific device with my Logitech Harmony ultimate:

I have a special so-called 'auto-masking' home theater screen. This is a screen which can be automatically (electrically) adjusted to custom pre-defined screen image height. My screen http://www.takeoffmedia.de/en/image-screens/hollywood-screens-infos/hollywoodscreensimasquelight.html is using a 'Image Screens' labeled Elro remote controller http://postimg.org/image/qrj9gabud/. I had to program this remote myself (this took me forever to do this but eventually worked out for me ). I now have FIVE custom programmed image heights which I can access by pressing the UP ARROW on my remote and press this untill I get the height I want. When pressing the UPPER ARROW on the Elro remote I just look at the Elro remote and look when the wanted screen program lights up (you can see the five leds). Once it is on the one that I want to use I can press the MIDDLE ROUND button on the Elro remote. My screen then adjusts itself to the screen height I programmed into the remote.

So........ the Elro remote uses a 868 mhz frequency http://postimg.org/image/ttzmwr7rd/ and I just bought this http://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/shop/nl/light-manager-pro. This device is compatible with 868mhz and converts an IR signal to the needed RF signal.

My question is if I can control my screen with my Logitech Ultimate and IF i can control it if I am able to select the custom programs that I learned to my original Elro remote.
Hi SanderDVD,

If your 868mhz converter is able to convert IR commands to RF, you should be good.

I'm not sure if your Elro remote is IR or RF (your link didn't work). If it's IR, you'll be able to teach those commands to your Ultimate easily. If it's RF, different story - you may need to find some IR commands that neither of your entertainment devices use, program these into your Ultimate, and find a way to connect those IR commands to the actual RF commands for your converter. Hopefully the converter allows you to define the incoming IR command, and the RF output.

Regards,

Sylvain

post #2171 of 2486 Old 08-22-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde8965 View Post
Need a little help here please.

I just got an Ultimate as an upgrade to a One that is going a little flaky. But I have been using it for over 4 years now so...

Everything went pretty well in setting up the remote using myharmony.com. Only issue I had on the setup was that I had a wireless repeater in the room to boost the wi fi signal and it must have been creating a sub net or something, because I could not get the software to discover my Sonos or my Roku 3. Disconnected the repeater and then it found them both.

Anyway, I am pretty much up and going well now except two issues.

1) On my "Watch Roku" activity, it regularly skips or does not perform the input switch (to DVR input) on my Denon AVR-4311CI. All my other activities are working fine in relation to switching the input. I checked the activity and the command is there. But since there is no "power On" for the Roku, the only commands in the activity are to turn my TV on (no input changes on the tv) and to turn on the AVR and change the input. I tried monkeying around with the delays for the Denon to increase the input delay (made it worse - the other activities then started having issues) and the power on delay (did not do anything). I cannot seem to add a delay command in the activity itself because when I try to do that it will only add the delay to the very end and I cannot move it. When I start the activity, hitting the HELP button DOES switch the input correctly every time, but I don't want to hit the HELP button every time I start the activity. Which leads me back to the power on delay. But besides this is there any other suggestions?

2) On my "Play Wii" activity. The Ultimate (hub) is not sending any commands to my Wii (not a WiiU) to power it on or control it. Isn't that a bluetooth device? Is there some sort of pairing that needs to happen that I am not aware of? The device is added to the remote and activity has the command to turn it on and use it. What do I need to do to make the Ultimate turn the Wii on and for the remote to be able to control it? When i ran the activity for the first time it never told me it needed to pair with the Wii and did not guide me through pairing. Should I delete the Wii and its activity and re-add them and try again?

Any help here would be appreciated.
Hi mde8965,

Point 1 -
The input delay will indeed cause trouble in this case - please reset it back to defaults if not already done.

By how much did you increase the power on delay? This value can be changed by 0.5 second increments, I'd recommend increasing it by 2-3 seconds and seeing if things improve.

Also, are you experiencing issues with this Roku activity strictly when you launch it from an off state, or do you also see this issue when switching from another Activity to the Roku? Or both?

Point 2 -
The remote should have prompted you to pair with your Wii. It;s a good idea to delete and set up that Activity again, yes. Please also try using the Harmony app to launch that Activity, it should also prompt you to Bluetooth pair.

Thanks

Sylvain

Last edited by HarmonySylvain; 08-22-2014 at 02:55 PM. Reason: soo many typos... it's friday :)
post #2172 of 2486 Old 08-22-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post
Hi mde8965,

Point 1 -
The input delay will indeed cause trouble in this case - please reset it back to defaults if not already done.

By how much did you increase the power on delay? This value can be changed by 0.5 second increments, I'd recommend increasing it by 2-3 seconds and seeing if things improve.

Point 2 -
The remote should have prompted you to pair with your Wii. It;s a good idea to delete and set up that Activity again, yes. Please also try using the Harmony app to launch that Activity, it should also prompt you to Bluetooth pair.

Thanks

Sylvain
Hi Sylvain. Thanks for your response. On point #1 i set the power on delay to 4 seconds and that seems to have cured my input switching problem with Roku.

As for point #2 about the Wii. I originally set up the remote on my computer and it never asked me to pair bluetooth for the Wii. I went in and deleted the activity and device for Wii and re-added them and again, it never asked to pair. I used my smartphone to troubleshoot the activity and it finally walked me to the pairing process with the Wii. But, the hub would NOT pair with my Wii not matter what I did. I tried a dozen times and it just would not pair and eventually would time out. I moved the hub directly in front of the Wii and it still would not pair.

Any ideas or tips to get the pairing to work? Ive tried booting, reseting and unpairing the wiiremotes from the Wii and it still wont work. I am stumped. Otherwise my remote is now fully functional except for any tweaking that I decide to do.

Main System: Denon AVR-4311ci; Emo XPA-5, Panasonic TC-P65ST50, Oppo BDP93, PS2&3, Wii, Sonos Connect, Mede8er, Roku 3
Ascend RAAL Towers, RAAL Horizon Center, Sierra 2's (surround), Def Tec SM350's (rear surrounds), 2 Rythmik F15's
2 other systems: 1 Onkyo, 1 Denon, Paradigm Studio V1 and V2 speakers, Panasonic Plasmas, etc.
post #2173 of 2486 Old 08-22-2014, 07:42 PM

Further update. I tried once again to delete to Wii activity and device from myharmony, then sync. Then add Wii and Wii activity then sync. Go to remote and try running activity. Never asks me to pair hub and wii via bluetooth. So I turn everything off, on remote I go to settings, activities, activity tutorial. Choose Wii activity, it asks me if ebverything works. I say no and tell it that my Wii did not turn on. Then it tells me to power the wii on manually, and I do. Then I hit next and it never asks me to pair with the hub via bluetooth. I just completes. And there are no LCD commands listed for the Wii at all.

How in the heck do I get this thing to even ask me to pair the Wii and the hub???? And once it does, how do I get it to pair???

Please help.

post #2174 of 2486 Old 08-25-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde8965 View Post
Further update. I tried once again to delete to Wii activity and device from myharmony, then sync. Then add Wii and Wii activity then sync. Go to remote and try running activity. Never asks me to pair hub and wii via bluetooth. So I turn everything off, on remote I go to settings, activities, activity tutorial. Choose Wii activity, it asks me if ebverything works. I say no and tell it that my Wii did not turn on. Then it tells me to power the wii on manually, and I do. Then I hit next and it never asks me to pair with the hub via bluetooth. I just completes. And there are no LCD commands listed for the Wii at all.

How in the heck do I get this thing to even ask me to pair the Wii and the hub???? And once it does, how do I get it to pair???

Please help.
Strange.. let me take a look. Shoot me a PM about this if you don't hear back soon, please.

Thanks

Sylvain

post #2175 of 2486 Old 08-27-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Strange.. let me take a look. Shoot me a PM about this if you don't hear back soon, please.

Thanks

Sylvain

Since this I have been able to get the Harmony to ask me to pair (as long as I use the iPhone app instead of the Harmony remote itself). But no matter what I do the hub will not pair with my Wii. I have even set the Hub directly in front of the Wii. And still it just times out. But yet the Wii will pair with my WiiRemote every time.

Any ideas or suggestions?

post #2176 of 2486 Old 08-29-2014, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Isn't there a button you need to push on the Wii console to activate pairing? I haven't used my Wii much in recent years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #2177 of 2486 Old 08-31-2014, 04:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Shocked at how few commands are supported

I just installed a Pioneer Elite VSX-80 and Harmony Ultimate remote. I'm, shocked and appalled at the extent of command support. There's no support for surround or advanced surround modes. These are some of the most basic setting of a modern AVR

Anyone esle finding this/got a solution (other than learning by IR)

Regards

mark
post #2178 of 2486 Old 08-31-2014, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Shocked and appalled eh? That's a pretty strong reaction brought on by a remote control.

Well it's possible the software didn't assign the right receiver when you entered your model, and so you got a limited set of commands. The other possibility is that Harmony just doesn't have a lot of commands because users haven't provided them or Pioneer hasn't made them easily available. You can message Sylvain and he'll help you out if he's got the commands. Just send him your device info and your account ID, don't bother with the password, and he'll do what he can, of course he's probably off for the weekend so it might be a few days. Otherwise learn yours and then let Sylvain know so they can be added to the database for others. You might also search this thread for 'Pioneer' and see if other people have reported any issues.

I know with Denon a large percentage of the IR command set is supported on most receivers. I myself helped with this by obtaining Denon's IR documentation, converting the commands over to the appropriate hexcode, and passing them on to Logitech's tech support.
post #2179 of 2486 Old 09-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Mickunas View Post
Shocked and appalled eh? That's a pretty strong reaction brought on by a remote control.
If it was a $99 remote, I'd just be miffed, but for $300 it should not be missing major functions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Mickunas View Post
Well it's possible the software didn't assign the right receiver when you entered your model, and so you got a limited set of commands. The other possibility is that Harmony just doesn't have a lot of commands because users haven't provided them or Pioneer hasn't made them easily available. You can message Sylvain and he'll help you out if he's got the commands. Just send him your device info and your account ID, don't bother with the password, and he'll do what he can, of course he's probably off for the weekend so it might be a few days. Otherwise learn yours and then let Sylvain know so they can be added to the database for others. You might also search this thread for 'Pioneer' and see if other people have reported any issues.

I know with Denon a large percentage of the IR command set is supported on most receivers. I myself helped with this by obtaining Denon's IR documentation, converting the commands over to the appropriate hexcode, and passing them on to Logitech's tech support.
Thanks for suggestions. All of the buttons work, so it looks like it's the right model. I posted on logitech forums (and sent link to Excel sheet of Pioneer hex codes). They said they'll look into it. I'll try Sylvain if no luck. I could somewhat understand missing commands it if it were a unique model, but the fact is, these days, vendors use the same base set of commands for all models and augment for new features on new devices. The Excel sheet I sent them that has all the codes (incl. missing ones) for 2011 receivers, so it's almost 4 years old.

Anyway, thanks again for the tip. Hopefully Logitech will sort it out. Kudos to them if they do: there are so few CE vendors that care these days.

Regards

Mark
post #2180 of 2486 Old 09-09-2014, 02:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I recently bought a Harmony Smart Control and Hub for my master bedroom and love the little physical remote so much that I am thinking about replacing my outdoor TV remote setup with a new Smart Control and Hub as well.

My TV is wall mounted and my equipment sits in a cabinet inside the house about 10 feet from the TV. I have Cat5 run to the TV from the cabinet area and have been using an IR repeater with a Harmony One, but it is very unreliable (the blaster setup). My plan is to replace the IR repeater setup with a Smart Control Hub. The hub will go inside the cabinet to control the AV equipment, but I will need a way to send commands to the TV, since the Smart Control can't do IR (and I do not like the Ultimate due to lack of number buttons and layout). I have read that I can extend a blaster or emitter over Cat5. I wanted to try to do this in a non-destructive way because my Cat5 doesn't have much room for getting chopped up and having new connectors put on if this setup doesn't work. My hope was that I could put female to female couplers on the end of my existing Cat5 (thus leaving it intact), buy a new short Cat5 and cut it in half, then splice two wires from the freshly cut ends to the emitter or blaster on one side and to the line that runs to the hub on the other side.

My questions are a) does the extension over Cat5 seem like it will work for those that have tried something similar, particularly if I use the couplers in the setup, and b) do you think the the physical Smart Control remote's signal can penetrate a glass door and enclosed cabinet over a distance of about 10 feet (I assume it is RF or Bluetooth, but if wifi, I have good signal so should be ok)?
post #2181 of 2486 Old 09-09-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjones88 View Post
I recently bought a Harmony Smart Control and Hub for my master bedroom and love the little physical remote so much that I am thinking about replacing my outdoor TV remote setup with a new Smart Control and Hub as well.

My TV is wall mounted and my equipment sits in a cabinet inside the house about 10 feet from the TV. I have Cat5 run to the TV from the cabinet area and have been using an IR repeater with a Harmony One, but it is very unreliable (the blaster setup). My plan is to replace the IR repeater setup with a Smart Control Hub. The hub will go inside the cabinet to control the AV equipment, but I will need a way to send commands to the TV, since the Smart Control can't do IR (and I do not like the Ultimate due to lack of number buttons and layout). I have read that I can extend a blaster or emitter over Cat5. I wanted to try to do this in a non-destructive way because my Cat5 doesn't have much room for getting chopped up and having new connectors put on if this setup doesn't work. My hope was that I could put female to female couplers on the end of my existing Cat5 (thus leaving it intact), buy a new short Cat5 and cut it in half, then splice two wires from the freshly cut ends to the emitter or blaster on one side and to the line that runs to the hub on the other side.

My questions are a) does the extension over Cat5 seem like it will work for those that have tried something similar, particularly if I use the couplers in the setup, and b) do you think the the physical Smart Control remote's signal can penetrate a glass door and enclosed cabinet over a distance of about 10 feet (I assume it is RF or Bluetooth, but if wifi, I have good signal so should be ok)?
The Smart Control's signal should easily be able to go through a glass door and cabinet, yes.

I can't comment on extending the mini blaster over Cat5, unfortunately - our mini blaster is a 2.5 mm mono jack connector, so I'm not sure how you would connet that to cat5, but perhaps someone here has done it.

You may not want to do this for aesthetic reasons, but you may have success simply placing your hub inside your cabinet and a mini blaster above it - the mini blaster should easily be able to reach that 10' distance to your TV. If you have trouble, try putting the mini blaster in your cabinet and the hub on top.

Regards,

Sylvain

post #2182 of 2486 Old 09-09-2014, 07:41 PM
AVS Special Member

As info I have used cat5 to extend the mini blaster.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jeff
post #2183 of 2486 Old 09-11-2014, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Just cut and splice the Mini Blaster's cable with the cat5 cable
post #2184 of 2486 Old 09-11-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweissman View Post
Perhaps you could locate the Hub near or behind your sitting position. Then maybe everything in your cabinet could see it and you wouldn't need any blasters or emitters.
Well it works perfectly with the two mini blaster (1 in the left bay and 1 in the right bay) and the HUB on top of the 3bay console. All units in the 3 bays & my 65" Samsung on the wall are controlled via the HUB/mini blasters. It works flawlessly. I can point the Ultimate One remote in another room and all of my activities & devices turn on just perfect. My Pioneer Elite which is in the middle bay receives the IR from the reflections from my two mini blasters/HUB.
post #2185 of 2486 Old 09-11-2014, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I've got through 4 of them. 880 and One. Both are great but aren't very durable.
post #2186 of 2486 Old 09-14-2014, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
The Smart Control's signal should easily be able to go through a glass door and cabinet, yes.

I can't comment on extending the mini blaster over Cat5, unfortunately - our mini blaster is a 2.5 mm mono jack connector, so I'm not sure how you would connet that to cat5, but perhaps someone here has done it.
I purchased the new remote today and set everything up. Here is what I did:
- Purchased two Cat5 female to female couplers (purchased so I didn't have to cut my existing in-wall Cat5 cable)
- Purchased a 1 meter Cat5 cable and cut it in half, separated and stripped the ends of the orange and orange/white wires on both ends of my Cat5
- Took the new IR blaster from the Harmony Smart Control and cut the wire in half, the on both cut ends I separated the bare copper wire (it surrounds the white jacketed wire) and stripped and separated the white jacketed wire
- Spliced the orange/white wire on Cat 5 to white on IR blaster and spliced the orange wire on Cat5 to the bare wire on IR blaster (did this for both pieces of Cat5 and both ends of the blaster simply by twisting the like corresponding wires to one another), taped these tightly (being sure they did not touch one another) back inside my Cat5 jacketed cable using electrical tape
- With all cutting and splicing complete, I plugged the 2.5mm end of the former blaster cable into the Harmony Hub, then plugged its spliced Cat5 end into the coupler, the coupler to my long run of Cat5 from equipment closet to the TV, Cat5 out to the other coupler, coupler to the spliced Cat5, and placed my blaster at the TV.

Happy to report that it works flawlessly.
post #2187 of 2486 Old 09-16-2014, 05:39 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
The smart has no IR. It would not work for your application.
Oh boy! I was about to pull the trigger on the Smart Control! I'm glad I saw this. Thanks. The specs do not make this clear either.
post #2188 of 2486 Old 09-16-2014, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

The ultimate does have ir though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jeff
post #2189 of 2486 Old 09-16-2014, 11:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I have the Ultimate remote and hub. It had been working fine but now my two projectors don't turn off. It only sends one off command. It used to send two to shut everything off. I added another activity. That's all I did now its broken. I have to go into the device menu and select the projector after everything else has turned off. Turn off the projectors manually. Anybody have this start happening? Any ideas how to get it to send two commands again? I can't add power button commands.
post #2190 of 2486 Old 09-17-2014, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
http://www.myharmony.com/discover/living-home/

This is a game changer. If they have added IP control of devices and (fingers crossed) Global Cache devices they will have an incredible product.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control