Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by therockhr View Post
http://www.myharmony.com/discover/living-home/

This is a game changer. If they have added IP control of devices and (fingers crossed) Global Cache devices they will have an incredible product.
I took a quick look at the Android tablet version of the software that was updated on my Nexus 10 this morning. The differences are staggering. I'm hoping this new stuff is compatible with our remotes, but one article I read said Best Buy will have a trade-in program for existing Harmony customers, so I'm not sure what that covers.

Download my IR hex codes for the Denon AVR-4810ci and other Denon receivers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
For Logitech Harmony support, ask Logitech for the Denon receiver in the account kmickunas.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2192 of 2211 Old 09-17-2014, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:

This is a game changer. If they have added IP control of devices and (fingers crossed) Global Cache devices they will have an incredible product.
I would figuratively kill a man to control my lights with my Ultimate. I really want some sort of Z-Wave bridge or something to incorporate with my Vera, but I know that will never happen

------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2193 of 2211 Old 09-17-2014, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Just thought I would pop in here to say that I have been using my Ultimate for almost a month. I was using a Harmony One and in fact I have 2 other H1's in different rooms. After working a few kinks out related to delays and whatnot, I am very happy with the Ultimate and consider it a definite upgrade from the One. The family is happy with it too. Very rarely do we ever have to hit the "help" button because it did not have direct line of sight or because the kids were impatient and did not point the remote at the equipment long enough.

I like the smaller form factor too. It makes up for not having hard number buttons. I do not find the play, rewind, fast forward buttons being at the top of the remote to be an issue for me. And I love that the remote has a dedicated "DVR" button. And like others, I like that the Ultimate is not so slick and slippery like the One is.

I still never figured out why the Ultimate's hub won't pair with my original Wii. And yes I did hit the pair button on the Wii console. But I need the WiiRemote to play the game anyway, so pushing the power button on it isn't that big of a deal.

While I would say the One is an 8 out of 10, I would give the Ultimate a 9.

Too many toys
post #2194 of 2211 Old 09-17-2014, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
I would figuratively kill a man to control my lights with my Ultimate. I really want some sort of Z-Wave bridge or something to incorporate with my Vera, but I know that will never happen
Today we also announced the Harmony Hub Extender, which will bring direct Z-Wave and Zigbee control to you Harmony Hub. Unlike Living Home which is now available, I'm unable to provide an estimate on when t he Hub Extender will hit the market.
NickTheGreat likes this.

post #2195 of 2211 Old 09-17-2014, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post
Today we also announced the Harmony Hub Extender, which will bring direct Z-Wave and Zigbee control to you Harmony Hub. Unlike Living Home which is now available, I'm unable to provide an estimate on when t he Hub Extender will hit the market.
Good thing I said "figuratively"

This is great news though. Thanks for posting!

------

post #2196 of 2211 Old 09-17-2014, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
That's great news!

Do you know if certain AV devices can now be controlled via IP? Like say Denon receviers and/or set top boxes like Dish Hopper/DirecTV/Tivo? Also, how does the Harmony Developer program work? Will this allow us to be able to create drivers?

Thanks.
post #2197 of 2211 Old 09-17-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Mickunas View Post
I took a quick look at the Android tablet version of the software that was updated on my Nexus 10 this morning. The differences are staggering. I'm hoping this new stuff is compatible with our remotes, but one article I read said Best Buy will have a trade-in program for existing Harmony customers, so I'm not sure what that covers.
Keith, I created a new thread for Harmony Living Home and answered your question there. Just trying to keep this thread clean for those not interested in Living Home.

Thanks

Sylvain

post #2198 of 2211 Old 09-17-2014, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

Still won't control my PS4. Damn you Sonyyyyyy

Any news on the front HarmonySylvain?
post #2199 of 2211 Old 09-19-2014, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm having a problem with starting activities that use the IR in my Touch rather than the Hub, when starting them from anything other than the Touch. (I started with Smart+Hub and added the Touch)

My TV is in a separate room from the rest of my equipment, and I was unable to extend the Harmony IR blaster into that room. Instead, I use the IR in the Touch to turn the TV on, and the Hub handles everything else. Sometimes, I need to use the Smart remote or iPhone App to start an activity that includes the TV. I either don't care that the TV isn't actually on, or know that it's already on. The app warns me that it can't turn the TV on, I say OK, but then it says it failed to turn the TV on, so the activity didn't start. If I use the Smart, no feedback of course, but the activity doesn't start.

It seems that the Hub is assuming that since it didn't turn the TV on, it didn't happen, instead of trusting that I know what I'm doing. So why does the app even give the option of ignoring the problem, if it's not really going to ignore it?

Any suggestions of what I can do, or should I phrase this as a feature request: when starting an activity that relies on the Touch/Ultimate IR, from an app, assume it worked, not that it didn't. Alternate feature request: add the ability to have a given IR command sent from both the Hub and the Touch/Ultimate, not either/or (then I can tell the Hub to send the IR too, it will think it worked, and start the activity).
post #2200 of 2211 Old 09-19-2014, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hello, I am looking to replace my 880 as I am having issues with non-functioning keys (buttons). I can't tell what the difference is between the Touch and the Ultimate One, if any, besides one is newer (?). Also, I would like one that is most like the 880 (I would like to get the One, but not at double the price...).

Thanks for any advise.
post #2201 of 2211 Old 09-20-2014, 06:03 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan64 View Post
Hello, I am looking to replace my 880 as I am having issues with non-functioning keys (buttons). I can't tell what the difference is between the Touch and the Ultimate One, if any, besides one is newer (?). Also, I would like one that is most like the 880 (I would like to get the One, but not at double the price...).

Thanks for any advise.
Basicly the Touch and the Ultimate One are the same, with the exception of the Haptic feed back when an LCD button is pressed on the One and the Tilt Sensor the One has and the Touch does not
skinsfan64 likes this.
post #2202 of 2211 Old 09-20-2014, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

The Hub is a key difference between the Touch and Ultimate. Of course now they've introduced new ones that have changed a bit. If you only need IR the Touch is fine.
skinsfan64 likes this.

For Logitech Harmony support, ask Logitech for the Denon receiver in the account kmickunas.

post #2203 of 2211 Old Yesterday, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Does the Remote itself emit any IR? Im relocating my equipment downstairs, hoping to only leave the ps4 and tv upstairs. Will I need to run a 2.5mm wire to the TV for an emitter? I will have cat5e from the equipment to near the TV, so i can run the IR signal over that to an emitter if I have to.

and still no ps4 control? aggravating.
post #2204 of 2211 Old Yesterday, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfan View Post
Does the Remote itself emit any IR? Im relocating my equipment downstairs, hoping to only leave the ps4 and tv upstairs. Will I need to run a 2.5mm wire to the TV for an emitter? I will have cat5e from the equipment to near the TV, so i can run the IR signal over that to an emitter if I have to.

and still no ps4 control? aggravating.
Ultimate yes, Smart no.

post #2205 of 2211 Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member

Ultimate and Ultimate Home both use basically the same remote, correct? So I would not need to run any additional wires ... downstairs the Hub would handle IR blasting, and upstairs the Ultimate Home remote would handle the IR emitting. It can be set so both the Hub and Ultimate Remote emit IR ?
post #2206 of 2211 Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Ultimate and Ultimate Home both use basically the same remote, correct? So I would not need to run any additional wires ... downstairs the Hub would handle IR blasting, and upstairs the Ultimate Home remote would handle the IR emitting. It can be set so both the Hub and Ultimate Remote emit IR ?
Ultimate and Ultimate Home work the same way in that regard, yes.

However, the remotes can not be programmed to send IR from the hub and the remote simultaneously - you will have to choose between one or the other. If you select the hub, you have the option to choose which of the hub itself, one of the mini blaster ports, or all three fire IR.

Regards,

Sylvain

post #2207 of 2211 Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Ultimate and Ultimate Home work the same way in that regard, yes.

However, the remotes can not be programmed to send IR from the hub and the remote simultaneously - you will have to choose between one or the other. If you select the hub, you have the option to choose which of the hub itself, one of the mini blaster ports, or all three fire IR.

Regards,

Sylvain
Welllll crap. It would be great to be able to assign the IR for the TV to go through the remote and the rest through the hub. Looks like im going to have to send the signal through the cat5 up to an emitter upstairs if i go that route
post #2208 of 2211 Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Welllll crap. It would be great to be able to assign the IR for the TV to go through the remote and the rest through the hub. Looks like im going to have to send the signal through the cat5 up to an emitter upstairs if i go that route
Sorry - I wasn't clear in my previous post.

For each device, the remote can be programmed to either fire IR directly, or use the hub.

You should be fine

post #2209 of 2211 Old Today, 12:00 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have 3 activities. I deleted one, and now my TV activity is missing the favorites. They are there in the Harmony App but not the remote. Tried the restore settings from the help menu, but the favorites on the remote screen are blank.
post #2210 of 2211 Old Today, 01:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
You can actually do this today by using a PC as a gateway. All you need is an IR receiver connected to the PC within range of the Ultimate.
You then program the Ultimate to send keyboard commands and you run a program called AutoHotkey in the PC that intercepts these commands and sends HTTP wget commands to the Vera.

I am doing this today to control lighting and motorized blinds in my home theater.

I believe I posted some links with instructions on how to do this earlier in this thread. See if you can search for that post.
post #2211 of 2211 Old Today, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 413X3 View Post
I have 3 activities. I deleted one, and now my TV activity is missing the favorites. They are there in the Harmony App but not the remote. Tried the restore settings from the help menu, but the favorites on the remote screen are blank.
Hi 413X3,

Did you delete your Watch TV Activity, and set it up again? Your Favorite Channels are tied to your Watch TV Activity, and will disappear if that Activity is removed. If you synced your remote after that, but not the app, that would explain why they are still appearing on the app, but not the remote.

Please try setting up your Favorites again. Shoot me a PM if you need some help!

Regards,

Sylvain

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page