9Likes

post #2221 of 2249 Old 09-24-2014, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcinc View Post
No offense, but did you read the thread? it's an 8 page thread - with AKA participating.
In the link I provided to AKA's latest post on our support boards, he offers assistance to people experiencing this type of issue.

"If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to post the same or send me a private message, and I can help with diagnosis and further actions."

Shoot him a PM with a description of whether you're experiencing issue #1 or #2 and he will be able to assist.

Regards,

Sylvain

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2222 of 2249 Old 09-24-2014, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post
In the link I provided to AKA's latest post on our support boards, he offers assistance to people experiencing this type of issue.

"If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to post the same or send me a private message, and I can help with diagnosis and further actions."

Shoot him a PM with a description of whether you're experiencing issue #1 or #2 and he will be able to assist.

Regards,

Sylvain
Again, have you read the thread - I doubt it. I've made multiple posts and submitted enough logs and support requests to keep them busy.

I've done my part, when is Logitech going to do its.
post #2223 of 2249 Old 09-24-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Again, have you read the thread - I doubt it. I've made multiple posts and submitted enough logs and support requests to keep them busy.

I've done my part, when is Logitech going to do its.
If he's not responding in the thread, please send him a PM to get his attention. I'll make sure he responds.

Thanks

Sylvain

post #2224 of 2249 Old 09-24-2014, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by therockhr View Post
That's great news!

Do you know if certain AV devices can now be controlled via IP? Like say Denon receviers and/or set top boxes like Dish Hopper/DirecTV/Tivo? Also, how does the Harmony Developer program work? Will this allow us to be able to create drivers?

Thanks.

I second this!

I would love to have IP control of my Samsung TV and Onkyo receiver since they support it. I plan to have the Harmony base unit in my basement where all my components work through a matrix switch to feed the TV's and projector around the house. Whereas the little remote doesn't have IR, I still need something to power on/off the TV in my living room. Using the Ultimate remote upstairs isn't an option either. I currently have a cheap Harmony 350 up there and I hear it hit the hardwood floor at least once a day. My wife is clumsy...
Gator99 likes this.
post #2225 of 2249 Old 09-25-2014, 09:35 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
More likely - this is the problem.

Remote is basically a paper weight right now.
Yikes! I haven't used my theatre since hockey ended (June) & it's been nagging me about a firmware update. Guess I'll put up with the nag.
I have a Touch. Does this affect those too?
post #2226 of 2249 Old 09-25-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
Yikes! I haven't used my theatre since hockey ended (June) & it's been nagging me about a firmware update. Guess I'll put up with the nag.
I have a Touch. Does this affect those too?
Pretty sure it applies to all hub based remotes.
I'd definitely "put up with the nag" - the remote is now basically useless, and has been so since mid July.

Many pissed off customers complaining over at Harmony.
post #2227 of 2249 Old 09-25-2014, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
And I'm one of them. Don't update the app!!! Like some of the other people here, I'm very angry with what they did with this new update, and I've made it known with comments and lots of Kudo's to others comments. Classic Logitech.

Keep calm and drive a Camaro
post #2228 of 2249 Old 09-25-2014, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 92
When did that FW roll out? I feel like I did one recently, but it's probably been longer than I think. Seems like there were two fairly close to each other.

------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2229 of 2249 Old 09-25-2014, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't remember which day mine updated but it was last week. Went from 3.2.2 to 4.0.1. Seriously considering returning it for a refund. And yes, I've since turned off auto-updates.

post #2230 of 2249 Old 09-25-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich3fan View Post
I don't remember which day mine updated but it was last week. Went from 3.2.2 to 4.0.1. Seriously considering returning it for a refund. And yes, I've since turned off auto-updates.
Just to be clear, we're talking about two separate problems here - an application issue (3.2.2 to 4.0.1) and a firmware issue (current firmware 3.12.6)

Your application problems are well documented, it's a horrendous update, but fortunately if you're using the IOS app, you can roll back to 3.2.2. (Google the solution.) The current firmware, which renders the remote unusable, is unresolvable - we're stuck with it till Logitech rolls out an update. We've been waiting months for a solution.

Very frustrating, and that's being kind.
post #2231 of 2249 Old 09-25-2014, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Sorry. My bad. I'm livid about this app.

post #2232 of 2249 Old 09-25-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich3fan View Post
Sorry. My bad. I'm livid about this app.
No problem, I am too, as are many others.
post #2233 of 2249 Old 09-26-2014, 03:25 PM

Liked: 10
Hey I have a harmony ultimate and having trouble. I got a new main tv so I added the device and fixed all my activities but the remote won't work with the tv

It's a samsung 65h7150 which according to best but is a Samsung UN65H7150AFXZA

I put in that model and harmony says do I mean the Samsung UN65H7150AF ?

And I saw ok. But it doesn't work. Selecting the device and hitting power toggle or power on won't work.

I then tried to fix or teach commands that aren't working and teach it the power toggle and power on and power off and I taught it all those and still doesn't work.

Any idea? My previous tv worked fine.

Any help appreciated!
post #2234 of 2249 Old 09-26-2014, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
If I read your post correctly you were able to use an adapter and splitter and use your old Harmony 890 IR emitters with the new hub? One of my concern with purchasing the ultimate is that the hub only comes with 2 IR emitters. I too have a 890 that has finally given up and if I can use those IR emitters I should be good to go. Don't want to spend $100 for a second hub. Thanks
post #2235 of 2249 Old 09-26-2014, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Use of other emitters is covered in this thread many times and in the faq.

Download my IR hex codes for the Denon AVR-4810ci and other Denon receivers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
For Logitech Harmony support, ask Logitech for the Denon receiver in the account kmickunas.

post #2236 of 2249 Old 09-29-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phod View Post
Hey I have a harmony ultimate and having trouble. I got a new main tv so I added the device and fixed all my activities but the remote won't work with the tv

It's a samsung 65h7150 which according to best but is a Samsung UN65H7150AFXZA

I put in that model and harmony says do I mean the Samsung UN65H7150AF ?

And I saw ok. But it doesn't work. Selecting the device and hitting power toggle or power on won't work.

I then tried to fix or teach commands that aren't working and teach it the power toggle and power on and power off and I taught it all those and still doesn't work.

Any idea? My previous tv worked fine.

Any help appreciated!
Hi Phod,

What does the label on the TV show it's model number as?

Please PM me your MyHarmony email ID (password not needed) and if possible, a picture of the TV's model/serial number label, and I'll try to see what's up.

Thanks

Sylvain

post #2237 of 2249 Old 09-29-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinparks View Post
If I read your post correctly you were able to use an adapter and splitter and use your old Harmony 890 IR emitters with the new hub? One of my concern with purchasing the ultimate is that the hub only comes with 2 IR emitters. I too have a 890 that has finally given up and if I can use those IR emitters I should be good to go. Don't want to spend $100 for a second hub. Thanks
The Harmony 890 IR emitters should work with Ultimate, yes.

We've also got precision IR cables on their way to our DC that should be available online within a couple of weeks as well.

Regards,

Sylvain

post #2238 of 2249 Old Yesterday, 12:21 AM

Are the IR ports in the hub weaker than in the Harmony 900 RF base? I just updated from Harmony 900 to Ultimate and thought I'll just swap the base for the hub. But it seems that the hub has trouble sending the IR signal through my cabling. From the hub there is a 5ft 2.5mm/3.5mm cable --> 3.5mm female-to-female adapter --> 3.5mm Y-splitter and from the splitter one hard wire to AVR and one two-eye emitter cable. Problem is that the emitter eyes don't send IR signal unless I remove the hard wire from the splitter. With the 900 everything worked just fine. Any ideas? As a workaround I can use IR eye for the AVR too, but prefer the hard cable for cleaner and more robust install.
post #2239 of 2249 Old Yesterday, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.OGG View Post
Are the IR ports in the hub weaker than in the Harmony 900 RF base? I just updated from Harmony 900 to Ultimate and thought I'll just swap the base for the hub. But it seems that the hub has trouble sending the IR signal through my cabling. From the hub there is a 5ft 2.5mm/3.5mm cable --> 3.5mm female-to-female adapter --> 3.5mm Y-splitter and from the splitter one hard wire to AVR and one two-eye emitter cable. Problem is that the emitter eyes don't send IR signal unless I remove the hard wire from the splitter. With the 900 everything worked just fine. Any ideas? As a workaround I can use IR eye for the AVR too, but prefer the hard cable for cleaner and more robust install.
As far as I know, the Harmony Hub's ports are not weaker, no. Beware, though - the Harmony Hub and 900 Extender base are not interchangeable, so you wouldn't be able to swap them as your second sentence suggests.

Is your hard wire a mono or stereo cable, do you know?

Sylvain

post #2240 of 2249 Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I just received my Ultimate One Hub and The Philips Hue starter kit today. I can tell you that I am not very happy after reading this one page.

I loved my Harmony 1100, I had high hopes for the Ultimate. I am now considering returning it...

Oppo BDP103, Mitsubishi WD8240, Klipsch RF-63's, Pioneer Elite SC-25, Furman Elite 15, Emotiva XPA-5, Harmony 1100, Rythmik FV15HP

post #2241 of 2249 Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM

Liked: 40
I just received my Ultimate One Hub and The Philips Hue starter kit today. I can tell you that I am not very happy after reading this one page.

I loved my Harmony 1100, I had high hopes for the Ultimate. I am now considering returning it...

Oppo BDP103, Mitsubishi WD8240, Klipsch RF-63's, Pioneer Elite SC-25, Furman Elite 15, Emotiva XPA-5, Harmony 1100, Rythmik FV15HP

post #2242 of 2249 Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Phod: I had the 65h7100 with the exact same problem.

What I ended up doing was putting the hub underneath and slightly behind the tv. In my research, the IR port is located at the bottom right, and apparently facing the back. So trying to control via remote only or IR blaster was not working for me probably because the stand somehow blocks the signal.

Try that out and see if it responds that way.
post #2243 of 2249 Old Today, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post
Is your hard wire a mono or stereo cable, do you know?
All cabling and pieces are mono. It's really strange, as soon as I plug in the wire the IR eyes stop sending anything. I'll try another cable if I can find one.

Otherwise, the remote is a bit hit and miss. It works great, is fast and reliable and the wireless updating is just great.

But the ergonomics are plain awful, much worse than the 900. Do you guys at Logitech test these things at all? Watching TV is the worst, EPG and Info buttons are located at the bottom of the remote. I wish Logitech made a RF version of the 650 model (I would really like hard buttons with the screen).
post #2244 of 2249 Old Today, 06:32 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
I use the "Smart Control (with Hub) which is the cheaper "three-device control" remote. It works pretty well (although there are a few things it could do better).

I saw that best Buy has an upgrade program where you turn in any old Harmony remote (except the 350 and 650) and they give you a $100 coupon towards the Ultimate Home. So I figured I would upgrade to the Ultimate Home (to get more device control and the nice display).

But I just read (at Harmony forums) that you can not setup the new Ultimate Home using your PC (this was not a problem for the Smart Hub) - you must use an iPhone - and the latest iPhone upgrade to iOS 8 dosn't work with Harmony. So if I read/understand this correctly, you can't setup the Harmony Ultimate Home without an iPhone and the iPhone with the latest OS doesn't work with Harmony (fix coming for iOS8 according to Harmony). I wonder if the Ultimate Home still works (assuming it was setup correctly) after the iPhone update or does the iPhone need to be functional at all times. Fortunately I happen to have a iPhone, but I just updated the OS this week (before I knew of this issue).

Is this correct - can't set up the Ultimate Home using a PC?
post #2245 of 2249 Old Today, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 66
There's a different thread for the new Ultimate Home and yes, you have to use an Android or iOS device to set up. Sylvain made some comments regarding this asinine decision over there.

Download my IR hex codes for the Denon AVR-4810ci and other Denon receivers
For Logitech Harmony support, ask Logitech for the Denon receiver in the account kmickunas.

post #2246 of 2249 Old Today, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryBumkin View Post
I use the "Smart Control (with Hub) which is the cheaper "three-device control" remote. It works pretty well (although there are a few things it could do better).

I saw that best Buy has an upgrade program where you turn in any old Harmony remote (except the 350 and 650) and they give you a $100 coupon towards the Ultimate Home. So I figured I would upgrade to the Ultimate Home (to get more device control and the nice display).

But I just read (at Harmony forums) that you can not setup the new Ultimate Home using your PC (this was not a problem for the Smart Hub) - you must use an iPhone - and the latest iPhone upgrade to iOS 8 dosn't work with Harmony. So if I read/understand this correctly, you can't setup the Harmony Ultimate Home without an iPhone and the iPhone with the latest OS doesn't work with Harmony (fix coming for iOS8 according to Harmony). I wonder if the Ultimate Home still works (assuming it was setup correctly) after the iPhone update or does the iPhone need to be functional at all times. Fortunately I happen to have a iPhone, but I just updated the OS this week (before I knew of this issue).

Is this correct - can't set up the Ultimate Home using a PC?
You can only setup the Ultimate Home with an Android or IOS device. I set up mine using my iPad Mini with IOS 8
post #2247 of 2249 Old Today, 07:04 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post
You can only setup the Ultimate Home with an Android or IOS device. I set up mine using my iPad Mini with IOS 8
It's good to know that iOS8 does work for the setup.
Thanks
post #2248 of 2249 Old Today, 09:12 AM

I would request that ALL Harmony Ultimate users experiencing problems with intermittent drop outs please contribute to this thread.

This problem has been on going for several months and has made the $350 remote essentially useless.

Thanks.
post #2249 of 2249 Old Today, 09:20 AM

Liked: 12
I noticed that since at least the weekend, my Touch hasn't been nagging me about updating the firmware. I'm at 3.9.60 I believe. Perhaps Logitech pulled the update.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page