16Likes

post #2401 of 2401 Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post
I have a new set up coming in about 10 days.

It will mean moving my AVR, SAT receivers and my Blu-Ray player into a closet in which the door to that closet will be closed. My Ultimate Hub will continue to "live" on top of my AVR. The problem that I see will be this:

The Hub will not be able to physically see the new TV that will be about 6 feet away from it (closed closet door)

If the Ultimate settings are changed from HUB to REMOTE on the HUB AND REMOTE ASSIGNMENTS for the new TV, will that allow me NOT to use the Mini Blasters (which I do not use now anyway because all components are in the same area and all current assignments are for HUB only).
If I understand correctly, the TV will be the only device outside your cabinet.

I would advise placing the hub inside your cabinet, purely for aesthetic reasons

You then have the option to set your remote to control the TV directly via IR, yes, but this will require pointing the remote again, and Activities using the TV that are launched from the app will not be able to fire commands to your TV. I would recommend placing a mini blaster somewhere in an open space in your room, and finding a location from which it's able to reach your TV. It's more discrete than the hub, and you won't need to worry about pointing your remote. The mini blaster, while not as strong as the hub, does fire a strong IR signal that can bounce around and reach devices that are a fair distance away.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page