Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 86 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 24Likes

post #2551 of 2575 Old 01-16-2015, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbest View Post
Maybe someone could help me with an issue related to the wrong input selected by the AV receiver.
I a few words, I conected a Panasonic tv TX-L37E30B, a Yamaha AVR RX-A2040 and an Oppo BDP-103D to three activities: watching tv, movies and listen to music. Everything works fine except one thing: whenever I switch on to watch movies, after I close everything off and restart the watch tv activity, the AVR input starts corectly to TV, but after few seconds moves automatically to AV1 (the bluray player entry).

Do you know why that happens and what's the solution? The fix command on my remote works everytime, but that fix is only temporarily.

Thanks in advance.
Do any of your devices have HDMI CEC enabled? It would be called VieraLink on your TV - this could cause unwanted input changes on compatible devices. If you're certain you have these disabled, PM me your MyHarmony ID (password not needed) and I'll take a look at your account.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2552 of 2575 Old 01-16-2015, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler358 View Post
Do you have ARC and/or HDMI link set up on any of your devices? If so, try disabling that and see what happens.
There is indeed a HDMI content type button that should be set to off and that seems to be the cause of my issue.

Thanks a lot for help, I can peacefully enjoy my remote now :-)
post #2553 of 2575 Old 01-16-2015, 03:43 PM
pjp

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post
If you hit the Menu button from within your Activity and select 'Edit' you'll be able to rearrange the commands as you desire, or add some.
Thanks, this helps. I was able to move the lone stop button on the 3rd page to get down to 2 pages. I still have the number pad on the first page, which I would like to completely delete, but the number pad doesn't seem to be changeable when I'm in "Edit" mode.
post #2554 of 2575 Old 01-16-2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Do any of your devices have HDMI CEC enabled? It would be called VieraLink on your TV - this could cause unwanted input changes on compatible devices. If you're certain you have these disabled, PM me your MyHarmony ID (password not needed) and I'll take a look at your account.
Yes, I switched that off and it s ok now. Thanks!
post #2555 of 2575 Old 01-16-2015, 03:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Maybe someone could help me with an issue related to the wrong input selected by the AV receiver.
I a few words, I conected a Panasonic tv TX-L37E30B, a Yamaha AVR RX-A2040 and an Oppo BDP-103D to three activities: watching tv, movies and listen to music. Everything works fine except one thing: whenever I switch on to watch movies, after I close everything off and restart the watch tv activity, the AVR input starts corectly to TV, but after few seconds moves automatically to AV1 (the bluray player entry).

Do you know why that happens and what's the solution? The fix command on my remote works everytime, but that fix is only temporarily.

Thanks in advance.
I know that you have had at least 1 answer. However if you wanted to maintain ARC control on your devices, you can just add a delay and/or another input command in order to get the end result back to the TV input.

I have Anynet + CEC enabled on my TV and until I added a delay and another TV input command I had the same issue as you. Now, that workaround works just fine.

See this link if interested Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub

TV Samsung UN65HU8550FXZA TS02, X-10 lighting, IR543 Powerhouse Command Ce
AVR Yamaha TSR-6750WA
BR Player Sony S6200
STB Dish 211K
SPEAKERS JM lab speakers
REMOTE CONTROL Harmony Ultimate remote

Last edited by CaptMike; 01-17-2015 at 11:01 AM.
post #2556 of 2575 Old 01-16-2015, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Is is an extender - so will only work with the Harmony Hub. It will work with any hub-based Harmony remote - Ultimate, Ultimate Home, Smart Control, Home Control, etc.

I'm not certain on the price, unfortunately, but it will allow direct control of both Z-Wave and Zigbee devices without the need to integrate through another platform such as SmartThings.
Can we integrate with Smarthings now? Or is that just something the Home stuff can do? Is there ever going to be anymore TCP support with the Ultimate line, or are we basically at a dead-end with regard to that? I spent $350 on this remote less than 2 years ago, and $130 on the Smart remote for my family room last year, even if the $100 trade-in is still available it's definitely not worth it to me to upgrade to the Ultimate Home line. That's just way too much money to spend on products with an apparently short lifespan.

I certainly hope the extender doesn't cost much. If it's just Zigbee and Z-Wave, and considering how much it costs to get any of the other Hub based products, then the extender will be a complete rip-off if it's over $50, actually maybe $20 seems more like a fair price. Unless you are really going all out with the Z-Wave and Zigbee control through the extender, like allowing for timed events, responding to motion detectors, etc., then it'll be worth something. Otherwise we'll still have to have some other device to control other home automation functions.
post #2557 of 2575 Old 01-16-2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post
I know that you have had at least 1 answer. However if you wanted to maintain ARC control on your devices, you can just add a delay and/or another input command in order to get the end result back to the TV input.

I have ARC enabled on my TV and AVR and until I added a delay and another TV input command I had the same issue as you. But do not any longer and still have ARC control.

See this link if interested Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub
Thanks, I saved the link just in case of other trouble.

Still, I think I have to adjust some inputs as sometimes, when I navigate through the TV's menu with my harmony, it doesn't want to select different options and the cursor moves always to the latest option available. Do you know why that happens? Is it hardware or some commands should be added?
post #2558 of 2575 Old 01-16-2015, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks, I saved the link just in case of other trouble.

Still, I think I have to adjust some inputs as sometimes, when I navigate through the TV's menu with my harmony, it doesn't want to select different options and the cursor moves always to the latest option available. Do you know why that happens? Is it hardware or some commands should be added?
does this happen with a "short press"?

AVR Yamaha TSR-6750WA
BR Player Sony S6200
STB Dish 211K
SPEAKERS JM lab speakers
post #2559 of 2575 Old 01-16-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
does this happen with a "short press"?
Yes
post #2560 of 2575 Old 01-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yes
never has happened to me...sorry

AVR Yamaha TSR-6750WA
BR Player Sony S6200
STB Dish 211K
SPEAKERS JM lab speakers
post #2561 of 2575 Old 01-16-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
never has happened to me...sorry
It's not very annoying as I don't walk through TV's menu every day, especially after 4 years of ownership, but would have been nice to solve this as well.
post #2562 of 2575 Old 01-16-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Mickunas View Post
Can we integrate with Smarthings now? Or is that just something the Home stuff can do? Is there ever going to be anymore TCP support with the Ultimate line, or are we basically at a dead-end with regard to that? I spent $350 on this remote less than 2 years ago, and $130 on the Smart remote for my family room last year, even if the $100 trade-in is still available it's definitely not worth it to me to upgrade to the Ultimate Home line. That's just way too much money to spend on products with an apparently short lifespan.

I certainly hope the extender doesn't cost much. If it's just Zigbee and Z-Wave, and considering how much it costs to get any of the other Hub based products, then the extender will be a complete rip-off if it's over $50, actually maybe $20 seems more like a fair price. Unless you are really going all out with the Z-Wave and Zigbee control through the extender, like allowing for timed events, responding to motion detectors, etc., then it'll be worth something. Otherwise we'll still have to have some other device to control other home automation functions.
You seem to have jumped to the conclusion that the Ultimate line will be left behind. That's not the case. The Extender will work with with Ultimate, for example, and any IP-based entertainment device we integrate with in the future will also be supported through Ultimate.

The Home line already allows SmartThings integration and leverages motion sensors, open/close sensors, and setting any Activity on a timer. It'll be the same with the Extender, only you won't have to depend on SmartThings or another compatible partner.

post #2563 of 2575 Old 01-16-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
when I navigate through the TV's menu with my harmony, it doesn't want to select different options and the cursor moves always to the latest option available. Do you know why that happens? Is it hardware or some commands should be added?
How far down the list is the last option? Would it be possible that the cursor is jumping down a specific number of options, such as two or three?

post #2564 of 2575 Old 01-16-2015, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
You seem to have jumped to the conclusion that the Ultimate line will be left behind. That's not the case. The Extender will work with with Ultimate, for example, and any IP-based entertainment device we integrate with in the future will also be supported through Ultimate.

The Home line already allows SmartThings integration and leverages motion sensors, open/close sensors, and setting any Activity on a timer. It'll be the same with the Extender, only you won't have to depend on SmartThings or another compatible partner.
Well until I know the full specs of the Extender I can only idly speculate as to what it's going to do. And considering that it's months over due it leaves me wondering just what is going on and whether or not I should get my hopes up.

I'm wanting to move forward on some home automation, and I've been weighing my options. My main thing is lights on timers, remote control of some lights, dimming of course, and possibly tying in some motion detectors. Are we going to have all those capabilities with the Extender?
post #2565 of 2575 Old 01-16-2015, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
I have ARC enabled on my TV and AVR and until I added a delay and another TV input command I had the same issue as you. But do not any longer and still have ARC control.
It's not ARC control, it's HDMI CEC control. ARC is only for the Audio Return Channel, enabling the TV to send audio to the receiver via HDMI instead of using an optical audio cable.
post #2566 of 2575 Old 01-17-2015, 11:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler358 View Post
It's not ARC control, it's HDMI CEC control. ARC is only for the Audio Return Channel, enabling the TV to send audio to the receiver via HDMI instead of using an optical audio cable.
I misspoke

What was meant to be said was: Anynet + CEC enabled on Samsung TV, which was causing me and the OP problems.

My OP has been Edited

AVR Yamaha TSR-6750WA
BR Player Sony S6200
STB Dish 211K
SPEAKERS JM lab speakers
post #2567 of 2575 Old 01-17-2015, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi, I just got the Ultimate Home (loving it) and ran into an issue. I sometimes fall asleep while watching a movie and would like my system to turn off automatically at 2:00am instead of burning through the projector bulb. I set schedule start time at NO start time and end time at 2:00 am. This has not worked so far. Am I not understanding this option correctly? I know about the timer option but would hate to set it everytime I start watching a movie (why is 2 hours the max you can do?). Thanks for any help.
post #2568 of 2575 Old 01-18-2015, 07:32 AM

Quote:
How far down the list is the last option? Would it be possible that the cursor is jumping down a specific number of options, such as two or three?
All these sub-menus have only two options, activate and deactivate, but when I try to select the one that is not currently in action (eg Viera link is currently enabled and want to deactivate it), the cursor jumps back to the initial position in a split of a second.
post #2569 of 2575 Old 01-18-2015, 11:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Anyone know the difference between the Harmony ultimate and the Harmony ultimate home?

They look identical and they come with the exact same stuff in the box.

Who needs 4K?... just go see your optometrist.
post #2570 of 2575 Old 01-20-2015, 08:30 AM

Liked: 10
Hello,

Ok I just picked this up for Christmas (Harmony Ultimate). I've had the Marantz monster and two Pronto's and I have to say I like the Harmony very very much. I just wish it had more customization just enough to fix minor issues. My only problem is this; whenever I change a specific Activity like going from Watching TV (Shaw Satellite) to Watching Apple TV . . . no problems; when I go back to watching TV, however, I loose the HDCP handshake and I end up with no picture. I have to go into the settings and physically cycle the TV input from HDMI 2 to HDMI 1 and then back to HDMI 2 and voila . . . but that of coarse is a real pain. I have to use the two inputs on the TV because for some reason I can't get the satellite HDCP handshake to work if it goes through the Denon AVR at all. I've also tried my Monoprice HDMI switcher and I get the same issue. If I can only add three little steps to the "Watch TV" activity (input cycling) I'd be home free. Any suggestions on adding the steps would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
GMan
post #2571 of 2575 Old 01-20-2015, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NODES View Post
Anyone know the difference between the Harmony ultimate and the Harmony ultimate home?

They look identical and they come with the exact same stuff in the box.
The Ultimate Home supports light and temperature controls and such, the other doesn't.
post #2572 of 2575 Old 01-20-2015, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMancusa View Post
Hello,

Ok I just picked this up for Christmas (Harmony Ultimate). I've had the Marantz monster and two Pronto's and I have to say I like the Harmony very very much. I just wish it had more customization just enough to fix minor issues. My only problem is this; whenever I change a specific Activity like going from Watching TV (Shaw Satellite) to Watching Apple TV . . . no problems; when I go back to watching TV, however, I loose the HDCP handshake and I end up with no picture. I have to go into the settings and physically cycle the TV input from HDMI 2 to HDMI 1 and then back to HDMI 2 and voila . . . but that of coarse is a real pain. I have to use the two inputs on the TV because for some reason I can't get the satellite HDCP handshake to work if it goes through the Denon AVR at all. I've also tried my Monoprice HDMI switcher and I get the same issue. If I can only add three little steps to the "Watch TV" activity (input cycling) I'd be home free. Any suggestions on adding the steps would be greatly appreciated.
How about adding a short delay (10-15 sec or shorter..you may have to play at it to reduce it so it will work correctly) AFTER the first HDMI 2 input and add ANOTHER HDMI 2 input AFTER the delay.

I had to do something similar with my WATCH TV Activity as my Samsung TV's Anynet + HDMI and CEC was causing my AVR to come out of it's correct input for my STB

If you think that is something you want to try, look at page 82 for my post

AVR Yamaha TSR-6750WA
BR Player Sony S6200
STB Dish 211K
SPEAKERS JM lab speakers
post #2573 of 2575 Old 01-22-2015, 05:01 PM

Liked: 9
Quote:
How about adding a short delay (10-15 sec or shorter..you may have to play at it to reduce it so it will work correctly) AFTER the first HDMI 2 input and add ANOTHER HDMI 2 input AFTER the delay.

I had to do something similar with my WATCH TV Activity as my Samsung TV's Anynet + HDMI and CEC was causing my AVR to come out of it's correct input for my STB

If you think that is something you want to try, look at page 82 for my post
Thanks Captmike....your suggestion helped and my TV HDMi input works properly now after adding the delay
CaptMike likes this.
post #2574 of 2575 Old Today, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have tried finding 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapters on Amazon. The reviews seem to be pretty bad. Does anyone have any they recommend? I have all my equipment stored in one room. I plan on using a combination of 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter and y splitters to send the signal from the hub to tvs and sound bars located in 4 different rooms.
post #2575 of 2575 Old Today, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlawson View Post
I have tried finding 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapters on Amazon. The reviews seem to be pretty bad. Does anyone have any they recommend? I have all my equipment stored in one room. I plan on using a combination of 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter and y splitters to send the signal from the hub to tvs and sound bars located in 4 different rooms.
I am having the same issue haven't found anything good or exactly what I need so if you find one or some one else wowed appreciate it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control