Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 89 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 29Likes
post #2641 of 2663 Old 02-23-2015, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So I am trying to program a button on my harmony remote to launch KODI and WMC from the start screen on my windows HTPC and be able to navigate the respective programs.

At one point I had this figured out, but for some reason it stopped working.

Here are pics of my activities and the button setup so hopefully someone can let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance for the help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2642 of 2663 Old 02-25-2015, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Any Chance This will get a tv guide in the App.

If would be great instead of bringing up the guide on the tv it is done on the harmony app.

This would be fantastic.
post #2643 of 2663 Old 02-25-2015, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Since the latest Harmony app update, the app will no longer connect to my Harmony Ultimate Home hub. It will however connect to my Harmony Smart Control hub. Any ideas? I tried connecting manually, but still no go.
post #2644 of 2663 Old 02-25-2015, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys, I need some help

background: i have been using H700 for years and it was a breeze to setup with the PC software.

The Android software on the other hand is just bloody terrible. I'm not sure why we're forced to use the mobile versions to setup. I also can't believe the keyboard which is built with living room in mind insn't backlit. So because of that I have put the keyboard away and want to control strictly with my phone.

Now that I got that off my chest, to the questions:

1. I watch content off my router's media server. I can usually access it via TV's Input. Yet it's not listed under Harmony's setup. I tried to teach it a command as a 'Input Toggle/Cycle' but nothing. A similar issue, When I was setting up some activities I saw Smart Hub as one of the input, yet when I went to set up the activity 'Watch Smart TV', this Smart Hub input is no longer listed!

2. How does one turn on the Windows 8.1 HTPC with Harmony? On my old setup I had a tuner thing that I could register it as a device...but this is just a simple basic HTPC listed as Windows Computer under Devices. Is it strictly not possible and I have to manually walk up to the TV stand to press the power button each time, defeating the purpose of the Harmony?

3. Soft keyboard Setup: "You can use the soft keyborad to send text via wi-fi to compatible device". but it asks me to put my device in bluetooth pairing mode. That's such a conflicting statement, is it bluetooth or can I use the wifi only to type on my phone to input it on my HTPC?

I'm on the verge of returning this. Please help in finding a way to solve these glaring concerns. I'm quite frustrated a $3 app does a better job than this $150 offering from the ultimate universal remote company. A shame, really.

Display: 64" Samsung 3D Smart PDP F8500
Audio: 54" Vizio 5.1 Sound Bar System S5451w-C2
NAS: Seagate Backup Plus 5TB via Asus RT-AC56U Router
HTPC: C2D E8400/Passively-Cooled GeForce GT 730/4GB DDR2 Win 8.1 3D Blu-ray Limelight Steam Machine
post #2645 of 2663 Old 02-26-2015, 08:05 AM

Liked: 18
I presume you have a Smart Remote. Post your concerns on the Logitech forum. The Reps frequent that site very often and you will get a faster answer to your particular problem quite fast.

BTW I have a Ultimate Home and love it. Never use the wifi. I Just turn it off and use the remote as a RF device. Does exactly the same job. I can sync by connecting the usb wire to the hand held and PC. The Smart is mainly for Android usage with the hand held as an afterthought.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmon...emote_controls
post #2646 of 2663 Old 02-26-2015, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler358 View Post
Since the latest Harmony app update, the app will no longer connect to my Harmony Ultimate Home hub. It will however connect to my Harmony Smart Control hub. Any ideas? I tried connecting manually, but still no go.
The release notes say that the app has to be updated. Perhaps this is it?
Has this solved the buffering, etc., problems? I've held off updating my Touch but I'd really like to tweak it.
post #2647 of 2663 Old 02-26-2015, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
The release notes say that the app has to be updated. Perhaps this is it?
That's when my problem started - after I updated the app.

Maybe I need to move the hub closer to the WiFi router. I'll try that tonight and see if that works.
post #2648 of 2663 Old 02-27-2015, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I am new to Harmony remotes. When programming activities (macros) can this combine sending IR signals as well as IP instructions?

David M.
post #2649 of 2663 Old 02-28-2015, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by insync44 View Post
I presume you have a Smart Remote. Post your concerns on the Logitech forum. The Reps frequent that site very often and you will get a faster answer to your particular problem quite fast.

BTW I have a Ultimate Home and love it. Never use the wifi. I Just turn it off and use the remote as a RF device. Does exactly the same job. I can sync by connecting the usb wire to the hand held and PC. The Smart is mainly for Android usage with the hand held as an afterthought.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmon...emote_controls
I use the harmony Hub that came with the smart keyboard.

The reps responded soon but their response was quite generic. So it doesn't appear I can turn on/off my HTPC with the Hub.

Display: 64" Samsung 3D Smart PDP F8500
Audio: 54" Vizio 5.1 Sound Bar System S5451w-C2
NAS: Seagate Backup Plus 5TB via Asus RT-AC56U Router
HTPC: C2D E8400/Passively-Cooled GeForce GT 730/4GB DDR2 Win 8.1 3D Blu-ray Limelight Steam Machine
post #2650 of 2663 Old 03-01-2015, 11:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Thinking about buying the Harmony Ultimate Home but I am worried there is going to be a new model coming soon. I know technology is always changing but does anyone know of a replacement date for this remote?
post #2651 of 2663 Old 03-02-2015, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenonLover View Post
Thinking about buying the Harmony Ultimate Home but I am worried there is going to be a new model coming soon. I know technology is always changing but does anyone know of a replacement date for this remote?
Well if you look at the start of this thread as well as the start of the Harmony Ultimate Home thread you can see when these different models were introduced and that should give you some idea of the lifetime of the remote. In short, considering the Ultimate Home is only a few months old, no, I doubt it'll be replaced in the very near future.
DenonLover likes this.
post #2652 of 2663 Old 03-02-2015, 10:03 AM
stw

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am considering a Harmony Smart Control. My current set of components:

Within line of sight:
Panasonic TC-P50S1 TV
Panasonic SC-HTB520 Soundbar (has an IR pass through cable so TV behind it will receive IR signal)

Underneath in wood cabinet:
PS3 for BluRay / streaming Netflix & Amazon Prime
DVR from Cox

My current remote is an old Monster AVL300 (rebadged Harmony - not sure which), which has RF along with IR. It performs mostly well. One minor issue is that the TV and soundbar don't always turn on correctly unless you are pointing at them just right...not very forgiving. It would be nice to hit the TV button on the remote, and have the TV, soundbar, and DVR all come on without having to point the remote just so, which is why I'm considering the Harmony Smart system.

The setup looks pretty clean from the front (save for random toddler crap on either side of the tv). My issue is that in order for this to work with a Harmony Smart, I'll have to put an IR extender out in front of the soundbar. A minor thing, but I'll notice that little cube. Are there any potential workarounds for this to make it look a little better?
post #2653 of 2663 Old 03-02-2015, 10:59 AM

Liked: 18
Remember that the Harmony Smart does not have IR control only RF.
So one of your mini-blasters are inside the closed cabinet that should be fine.
I presume your soundbar is blocking the IR of the TV? The hub also sends out IR signals and could possibly, with a bit of experimenting, power on the TV and soundbar. The IR bounces off in all directions. You wont know until you try it.
post #2654 of 2663 Unread Yesterday, 10:55 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrllc View Post
I have a receiver with two zones and a Harmony 900. For me, I needed to make sure I changed the default setting for the remote to "not" turn off devices not in use. If you have it set to turn off devices not in use, when you switch from an activity in Zone 1 from to an activity in Zone 2, the remote will automatically turn off the devices used in the zone 1 activity.
Can someone please tell me where I would find this default setting to not automatically turn off devices not in use--I can't find it in the app for my computer.

Thanks
post #2655 of 2663 Unread Today, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shsinclair View Post
Can someone please tell me where I would find this default setting to not automatically turn off devices not in use--I can't find it in the app for my computer.

Thanks
In your MyHarmony app, select Devices, select your device, select Change Device Settings, select Power Settings, select I want to leave this device on when changing activities, and only turn it off when I press the Off button.
post #2656 of 2663 Unread Today, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Blaster extender

I just bought this cord for a blaster extender. It works like a charm for my TV which is separate from my rack. And, its just one cord and not a couple of additional fittings.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00291DM9O/...140_TE_3p_dp_1

They shipped fast too!

Gear: Visio 70" M701d-A3R LED TV | Onkyo TX-SR606 | Sony BDPS5100 (blu ray) | SONY PS3 | Polk 265-RT (L/R) | Polk 255C-RT (C) | Polk RC65i (L/R rear Surround) | Polk RC80i (L/R Surround) | SVS PB-2000 (Subwoofer) | Harmony Smart Control (Remote)
post #2657 of 2663 Unread Today, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Question Need help

Ran into a problem and wanted to see if anyone could help.

I have the simple Smart Control remote (915-000194).

So my Denon AVR has buttons to switch listening modes (sound modes). There are buttons for 'Movie', 'Music', etc.

HERE's the problem. To change the mode, you have to press AND HOLD the button which then brings up on the screen the sound fields that are available. So for example, press and hold 'Movie', and on the screen comes up "PLII Cinema, DTS, Dolby Digital" etc. and you can scroll up and down to the one you want.

But when you press and hold the assigned button on the Harmony remote, it still just sends the command as a "short" button press which doesn't do anything.

Does anyone know of a solution or any workaround at all?
post #2658 of 2663 Unread Today, 10:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbales24 View Post
Ran into a problem and wanted to see if anyone could help.

I have the simple Smart Control remote (915-000194).

So my Denon AVR has buttons to switch listening modes (sound modes). There are buttons for 'Movie', 'Music', etc.

HERE's the problem. To change the mode, you have to press AND HOLD the button which then brings up on the screen the sound fields that are available. So for example, press and hold 'Movie', and on the screen comes up "PLII Cinema, DTS, Dolby Digital" etc. and you can scroll up and down to the one you want.

But when you press and hold the assigned button on the Harmony remote, it still just sends the command as a "short" button press which doesn't do anything.

Does anyone know of a solution or any workaround at all?
Discrete commands for those do exist. So ask Logitech to add the individual commands (PLII, etc.) to your profile. If they can't find them, I can post codes you can give them, if you post your Denon model.

You can get all Denon codes from Denon's support website.

Alternately, ask Logitech to extend the duration of those (Movie, etc.) so they work like other repeated commands like Vol+/-.
cbales24 likes this.
post #2659 of 2663 Unread Today, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
Has this <firmware update> solved the buffering, etc., problems? I've held off updating my Touch but I'd really like to tweak it.
Anybody? I'm reticent to update my Touch until I hear that it's working.
Thanks.
post #2660 of 2663 Unread Today, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post
In your MyHarmony app, select Devices, select your device, select Change Device Settings, select Power Settings, select I want to leave this device on when changing activities, and only turn it off when I press the Off button.
Thanks
post #2661 of 2663 Unread Today, 12:12 PM

Does anyone know why on the back panel AV1 specifies 'BD/DVD' (Attached)?

Currently my BD is going to AV4, with my Oppo DVD going to AV1--I just want to know if I am missing something in terms of not running my blu ray to AV1. Scoured the manual but they don't give any indication there as to why this is.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-04 at 12.09.47 PM.png
Views:	4
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	583353  
post #2662 of 2663 Unread Today, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shsinclair View Post
Does anyone know why on the back panel AV1 specifies 'BD/DVD' (Attached)?

Currently my BD is going to AV4, with my Oppo DVD going to AV1--I just want to know if I am missing something in terms of not running my blu ray to AV1. Scoured the manual but they don't give any indication there as to why this is.

Thanks
You are not missing anything, that is normally the connection used for BD/DVD players, as long as AV4 is working for your BD player, I would not worry about it
post #2663 of 2663 Unread Today, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post
You are not missing anything, that is normally the connection used for BD/DVD players, as long as AV4 is working for your BD player, I would not worry about it
Thanks as an audiophile I am prone to worrying so thanks for letting me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page