Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 89 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 27Likes
post #2641 of 2649 Old 02-23-2015, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So I am trying to program a button on my harmony remote to launch KODI and WMC from the start screen on my windows HTPC and be able to navigate the respective programs.

At one point I had this figured out, but for some reason it stopped working.

Here are pics of my activities and the button setup so hopefully someone can let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance for the help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2642 of 2649 Old 02-25-2015, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Any Chance This will get a tv guide in the App.

If would be great instead of bringing up the guide on the tv it is done on the harmony app.

This would be fantastic.
post #2643 of 2649 Old 02-25-2015, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Since the latest Harmony app update, the app will no longer connect to my Harmony Ultimate Home hub. It will however connect to my Harmony Smart Control hub. Any ideas? I tried connecting manually, but still no go.
post #2644 of 2649 Old 02-25-2015, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys, I need some help

background: i have been using H700 for years and it was a breeze to setup with the PC software.

The Android software on the other hand is just bloody terrible. I'm not sure why we're forced to use the mobile versions to setup. I also can't believe the keyboard which is built with living room in mind insn't backlit. So because of that I have put the keyboard away and want to control strictly with my phone.

Now that I got that off my chest, to the questions:

1. I watch content off my router's media server. I can usually access it via TV's Input. Yet it's not listed under Harmony's setup. I tried to teach it a command as a 'Input Toggle/Cycle' but nothing. A similar issue, When I was setting up some activities I saw Smart Hub as one of the input, yet when I went to set up the activity 'Watch Smart TV', this Smart Hub input is no longer listed!

2. How does one turn on the Windows 8.1 HTPC with Harmony? On my old setup I had a tuner thing that I could register it as a device...but this is just a simple basic HTPC listed as Windows Computer under Devices. Is it strictly not possible and I have to manually walk up to the TV stand to press the power button each time, defeating the purpose of the Harmony?

3. Soft keyboard Setup: "You can use the soft keyborad to send text via wi-fi to compatible device". but it asks me to put my device in bluetooth pairing mode. That's such a conflicting statement, is it bluetooth or can I use the wifi only to type on my phone to input it on my HTPC?

I'm on the verge of returning this. Please help in finding a way to solve these glaring concerns. I'm quite frustrated a $3 app does a better job than this $150 offering from the ultimate universal remote company. A shame, really.

Display: 64" Samsung 3D Smart PDP F8500
Audio: 54" Vizio 5.1 Sound Bar System S5451w-C2
NAS: Seagate Backup Plus 5TB via Asus RT-AC56U Router
HTPC: C2D E8400/Passively-Cooled GeForce GT 730/4GB DDR2 Win 8.1 3D Blu-ray Limelight Steam Machine
post #2645 of 2649 Old 02-26-2015, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I presume you have a Smart Remote. Post your concerns on the Logitech forum. The Reps frequent that site very often and you will get a faster answer to your particular problem quite fast.

BTW I have a Ultimate Home and love it. Never use the wifi. I Just turn it off and use the remote as a RF device. Does exactly the same job. I can sync by connecting the usb wire to the hand held and PC. The Smart is mainly for Android usage with the hand held as an afterthought.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmon...emote_controls
post #2646 of 2649 Old 02-26-2015, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler358 View Post
Since the latest Harmony app update, the app will no longer connect to my Harmony Ultimate Home hub. It will however connect to my Harmony Smart Control hub. Any ideas? I tried connecting manually, but still no go.
The release notes say that the app has to be updated. Perhaps this is it?
Has this solved the buffering, etc., problems? I've held off updating my Touch but I'd really like to tweak it.
post #2647 of 2649 Old 02-26-2015, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
The release notes say that the app has to be updated. Perhaps this is it?
That's when my problem started - after I updated the app.

Maybe I need to move the hub closer to the WiFi router. I'll try that tonight and see if that works.
post #2648 of 2649 Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I am new to Harmony remotes. When programming activities (macros) can this combine sending IR signals as well as IP instructions?

David M.
post #2649 of 2649 Unread Today, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by insync44 View Post
I presume you have a Smart Remote. Post your concerns on the Logitech forum. The Reps frequent that site very often and you will get a faster answer to your particular problem quite fast.

BTW I have a Ultimate Home and love it. Never use the wifi. I Just turn it off and use the remote as a RF device. Does exactly the same job. I can sync by connecting the usb wire to the hand held and PC. The Smart is mainly for Android usage with the hand held as an afterthought.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmon...emote_controls
I use the harmony Hub that came with the smart keyboard.

The reps responded soon but their response was quite generic. So it doesn't appear I can turn on/off my HTPC with the Hub.

Display: 64" Samsung 3D Smart PDP F8500
Audio: 54" Vizio 5.1 Sound Bar System S5451w-C2
NAS: Seagate Backup Plus 5TB via Asus RT-AC56U Router
HTPC: C2D E8400/Passively-Cooled GeForce GT 730/4GB DDR2 Win 8.1 3D Blu-ray Limelight Steam Machine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page