Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 93 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 47Likes
post #2761 of 2775 Old 04-19-2015, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Check to see if one of the buttons is stuck. Try massaging each of the buttons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2762 of 2775 Old 04-19-2015, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmathers View Post
Hello. I'm experiencing a problem with my remote. Everything seems to work ok but it's as if the remote is constantly trying to start an activity, as I'm seeing the blue dotted lines move across the top of the screen. I try starting an activity, shutting it off, I even tried syncing the remote and nothing gets it to stop. Also, as a result, the backlight is constantly on as well. The only thing I can think will solve the problem is to let the remote battery die and then charge it again. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
Have you tried to press/hold 'record' and 'menu' buttons at the same time? I think that is the reboot method. I'm not at home right now and without the remote in my hand I'm going from memory (and at my age that is dicey). Hope this helps.
post #2763 of 2775 Old 04-19-2015, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotohead View Post
Have you tried to press/hold 'record' and 'menu' buttons at the same time? I think that is the reboot method. I'm not at home right now and without the remote in my hand I'm going from memory (and at my age that is dicey). Hope this helps.
It is off button and menu button for 20 seconds.

2-RTi-10's 1-CSi5 2-TSi400 6-r150's 1-Velodyne DPS-12
Yamaha RX-A3030 and Emotiva XPA-200
Samsung UN65F7100
post #2764 of 2775 Old 04-19-2015, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Resync it. If that does not work I would reprogram. Radical but maybe necessary. Good luck.

Sony HDTV KDL-46HX750, Denon AVR 1912, DirecTV HD DVR Genie HR44, DirecTV AM21 OTA Rcvr, Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BD65, Toshiba HD DVD A20, Infinity Alpha Speakers 50's, 20's, 10's, 37c, Valodyne VRP-1000 Sub, Panamax M4300-PM, Harmony Ultimate One Remote, Monoprice AV Cables
post #2765 of 2775 Old 04-21-2015, 06:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thanks guys for all your advice. My 1 yr old son got a hold of it and in addition to the problem I described earlier, the remote was all gummed up so I took a damp paper towel to it to clean it up a bit. This somehow stopped the remote from doing the constant "thinking" but the backlight remained on. I eventually just left it off the charger and let the battery die. The next morning after charging it up a minute, worked fine again. Go figure. All is well. Thanks again everyone!
post #2766 of 2775 Old 04-27-2015, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
(Hopefully) a quick question. With the Smart Control/Home Control, can you assign which IR blaster port relates to which activity? I'm looking to control two identical TVs separately, and not sure if I can accomplish it with the Home Control. Thanks.
post #2767 of 2775 Old 04-27-2015, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLawRWB View Post
(Hopefully) a quick question. With the Smart Control/Home Control, can you assign which IR blaster port relates to which activity? I'm looking to control two identical TVs separately, and not sure if I can accomplish it with the Home Control. Thanks.
Yes you can assign the port to the actual device.

2-RTi-10's 1-CSi5 2-TSi400 6-r150's 1-Velodyne DPS-12
Yamaha RX-A3030 and Emotiva XPA-200
Samsung UN65F7100
post #2768 of 2775 Old 04-29-2015, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 7
I've got a question for you experts here
I've got a smart control with the basic remote, controlling a DVD player, Media Center HTPC, and Yamaha rx-v675. I have everything functional and the WAF is very good. I do have one feature that I would like but I can't figure out how to make it work.
The Yamaha has a feature that raises the dialogue level, and also an adaptive drc feature - these are great for watching movies at lower volumes (I have young kids). I would love to be able to program a button to toggle the dialogue level between 0 (normal) and +3, and another to toggle between adaptive drc being on and off. I'm new to harmony, and new to programmable remotes in general. If you guys could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks!
post #2769 of 2775 Old 04-29-2015, 01:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1130 Post(s)
Liked: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard78 View Post
I've got a question for you experts here
I've got a smart control with the basic remote, controlling a DVD player, Media Center HTPC, and Yamaha rx-v675. I have everything functional and the WAF is very good. I do have one feature that I would like but I can't figure out how to make it work.
The Yamaha has a feature that raises the dialogue level, and also an adaptive drc feature - these are great for watching movies at lower volumes (I have young kids). I would love to be able to program a button to toggle the dialogue level between 0 (normal) and +3, and another to toggle between adaptive drc being on and off. I'm new to harmony, and new to programmable remotes in general. If you guys could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks!
If you can find the commands in the documents below, email then to datasupport@logitech.com and have them added to your account. Otherwise, just create sequences that perform those functions through the menus.

http://www.awe-europe.com/ir_232.html
post #2770 of 2775 Old 04-29-2015, 01:57 PM

That's awesome! I found the codes. I'll send them over via email. Thanks!

Yamaha rx-v675
Klipsch rb61 ii's (L/R)
SVS SB12-NSD
post #2771 of 2775 Old 04-30-2015, 06:40 AM

I'll reiterate. . . Best. Info. Ever. Thanks again!
Rambler358 likes this.

Yamaha rx-v675
Klipsch rb61 ii's (L/R)
SVS SB12-NSD
post #2772 of 2775 Old 05-04-2015, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I currently have a Smart Control (basic remote) + hub. I'm happy with it but thinking about upgrading to the Ultimate Home in order to allow more devices. One concern (other than price) that I have is that it replaces the number keypad with the touch screen. My concern is b/c I have the keys on the number keypad mapped to actions. i.e. in addition to the standard volume, Play,FF control buttons. I have the numeric keypad mapped to control the level of Darbee effect from my Darblet video enhancer, likewise I have keys mapped to turn the LED lights on/off - depending on what mood I'm in.

i.e. I'd like to be able to control these devices from within the main activity
Will I lose that if I switch to the Ultimate Home? Does the touchscreen allow this or just activity selections?

thx
post #2773 of 2775 Unread Today, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgott42 View Post
I currently have a Smart Control (basic remote) + hub. I'm happy with it but thinking about upgrading to the Ultimate Home in order to allow more devices. One concern (other than price) that I have is that it replaces the number keypad with the touch screen. My concern is b/c I have the keys on the number keypad mapped to actions. i.e. in addition to the standard volume, Play,FF control buttons. I have the numeric keypad mapped to control the level of Darbee effect from my Darblet video enhancer, likewise I have keys mapped to turn the LED lights on/off - depending on what mood I'm in.

i.e. I'd like to be able to control these devices from within the main activity
Will I lose that if I switch to the Ultimate Home? Does the touchscreen allow this or just activity selections?

thx
With the Ultimate Home, or Ultimate, there is no optiong to progam the numeric keys on the LCD screen such as adding a sequence to the numerica buttons on the LCD screen
post #2774 of 2775 Unread Today, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post
With the Ultimate Home, or Ultimate, there is no optiong to progam the numeric keys on the LCD screen such as adding a sequence to the numerica buttons on the LCD screen
With the Ultimate Home what is the LCD used for other than running activities?
post #2775 of 2775 Unread Today, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgott42 View Post
With the Ultimate Home what is the LCD used for other than running activities?
With the Utlimate or Ultimate Home, the LCD screen is used for your Nurmeral Pad, Commands from your various device in an Activity, Favorite Channels, or Gestures. When you start an Activity, you can designate which of the 4 screens is to be your Start Up screen, by default, the Favorites Channel screen is the first to appear, you swipe the screen right or lfte to change what appears on the LCD screen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page