Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 97 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 52Likes
post #2881 of 2892 Unread 06-26-2015, 06:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryBumkin View Post
I have the Harmony Ultimate Home now in one room with the touch screen remote, and in another room I have the Smart Hub - the one with the basic remote (no touch screen, no backlighting).

I would like to replace this "simple" remote with the touch-screen remote so I have the backlighting, troubleshooting feature, and ability to switch control of devices (if something doesn't turn on, etc.).

I have not seen the Ultimate Home remote for sale without buying the full package (with Hub). Is it available a single item purchase?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech...d=abcat0107040

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...906&mfe=search

Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 & Emotiva XPA-5's x 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains RC64II Center RB75's Heights RS-7's Sides RS-52II's Rears
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 120" Electric Tensioned Screen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2882 of 2892 Unread 06-26-2015, 07:03 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Has anyone figured out how to turn off your hue lights since the new update? I can't seem to get mine off once I turn them on via the remote. I like the added control of the lights with the new update but there's gotta be a way to turn them off. Any ideas?
post #2883 of 2892 Unread 06-26-2015, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Thanks for the links and your reply.
But is that the same remote that the Ultimate Home "Hub" uses? It looks like a stand-alone remote that doesn't use/need a hub.
post #2884 of 2892 Unread 06-26-2015, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmathers View Post
Has anyone figured out how to turn off your hue lights since the new update? I can't seem to get mine off once I turn them on via the remote. I like the added control of the lights with the new update but there's gotta be a way to turn them off. Any ideas?
Yeah I preferred the old method. There wasn't a way to integrate with a scene, but I could do it manually with one button press
post #2885 of 2892 Unread 06-26-2015, 10:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1271 Post(s)
Liked: 642
Quote:
Thanks for the links and your reply.
But is that the same remote that the Ultimate Home "Hub" uses? It looks like a stand-alone remote that doesn't use/need a hub.
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmon...en/m-p/1373037
post #2886 of 2892 Unread 06-26-2015, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Question

Thanks mdajev. That link was very helpful!

It is still somewhat confusing (thanks to Logitec).
From your link, I got to here: https://support.myharmony.com/en/har...20-%20s-a-2176

So Logitec has an Ultimate Home, Ultimate One, Smart Control, Home Control, Ultimate Hub, and Home Hub, according to the table.

From what I've learned:
I have the Smart Control remote (bedroom) which uses the Ultimate Hub
I have the Ultimate Home remote (family room) with uses the Home Hub

The Ultimate One will pair with the Ultimate Hub (but not the Home Hub). So I should be okay to buy the Ultimate One for the bedroom.
post #2887 of 2892 Unread 06-26-2015, 12:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Thanks mdajev. That link was very helpful!

It is still somewhat confusing (thanks to Logitec).
From your link, I got to here: https://support.myharmony.com/en/har...20-%20s-a-2176

So Logitec has an Ultimate Home, Ultimate One, Smart Control, Home Control, Ultimate Hub, and Home Hub, according to the table.

From what I've learned:
I have the Smart Control remote (bedroom) which uses the Ultimate Hub
I have the Ultimate Home remote (family room) with uses the Home Hub

The Ultimate One will pair with the Ultimate Hub (but not the Home Hub). So I should be okay to buy the Ultimate One for the bedroom.
That should work fine.

My meager set up
Denon AVR-X4000, Emotiva XPA-3, Panasonic DMB-BDT360
Klipsch RB-81II, RC-52II, Boston Acoustics Micro 120s
Klipsch SW-310, RPW-10, Panasonic 65VT60
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1227096
post #2888 of 2892 Unread 06-26-2015, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
been a while since I have used harmony remotes. Was thinking about getting another one. Tried to sift through this thread to find the answers, but almost 100 pages is hard to search through. I used to have a couple of the 890 pros. It had a lot of cool features for a multi remote/hub type environment. I was wondering if the new remotes can do that?

Can the ultimate remote use more then one hub? If so, how many?

Can you have more then one remote control the hubs?

Thanks
post #2889 of 2892 Unread 06-26-2015, 03:19 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweissman View Post
I've been having weird misbehavior with my Ultimate lately. I'm on the latest released firmware.

After turning on all my gear with an Activity, and going to get some refreshment, all the gear turns off without me having touched anything. This is worse than annoying considering I have a projector.

Both these problems are intermittent. But when they happen, it drives me nuts. Anybody else seeing weird stuff like this?
This happened to me both yesterday and today. I think the problem is with the hub, when it loses power. I've had heavy thunderstorms the past two days, which have resulted in very short electrical power losses. I think the hub gets confused somehow when power to it is quickly cut and then restored. My A/V system was off in both cases, but when I tried to turn it on later using the Harmony remote, it turned stuff on and then promptly turned it off. After that, I could try again with the Harmony remote and everything would function normally.

We used to have some Harmony staffers contributing to this thread. What happened to them? How about fixing this problem!
post #2890 of 2892 Unread 06-26-2015, 03:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I too have had new problems with my Ultimate since the new firmware similar to ones mentioned in this thread lately. Devices configured to stay on when switching activities now turn off. Repeated re-configuring doesn't do anything. Power has always been on in my house and nothing else in the setup has changed or was changed. Very annoying. Should have bypassed the last firmware update. Please Harmony, fix this quickly. I have elderly living here and it's getting to be too much.
post #2891 of 2892 Unread Yesterday, 04:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm new to this thread, bought my ultimate a few weeks ago.
I was very happy with my Harmony One, even more ahppy with the Ultimate.

Must read through this thread but already have a question: why is it taking so long when I change between activities when my devices already are on? The remote already knows which devices are on, so why the long wait (about 10 sec) after switch from one to another activity? While my devices already are on, the only thing the remote has to do is changing my HDMI input.
On the Harmony One it's ready in 2 sec, on the Ultimate it takes as long as the initial start from stand-by. As if it doesn't remember my devices are already on.
post #2892 of 2892 Unread Today, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcxiiad View Post
been a while since I have used harmony remotes. Was thinking about getting another one. Tried to sift through this thread to find the answers, but almost 100 pages is hard to search through. I used to have a couple of the 890 pros. It had a lot of cool features for a multi remote/hub type environment. I was wondering if the new remotes can do that?

Can the ultimate remote use more then one hub? If so, how many?

Can you have more then one remote control the hubs?

Thanks
A Harmony remote Ultimate or Home can only control one Hub. With the Smart Control remote, you can add either a Harmony Touch or a Harmony Ultimate One remote. Or if you have a Harmony Ultimate with Hub you can add a Smart remote Add On and/or a Harmony Smart Keyboard addon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control