How to convert from "Logitech Harmony One" to purely using iPhone and iPad's as remote controls. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-16-2013, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My Logitech Harmony One's battery seems to be going down the drain, so I was thinking about dropping remote's all together and start to use our iPhone's and iPad's instead!

But how does one actually replace ones remote's with an iOS device? I've been looking at solutions like the Logitech Harmony Link, but it's not being sold outside the US and it's feedback have been underwhelming. It there some other way, or some other device I could buy in order to get my iOS devices to replace our IrDA remote's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Use roomie. Remote...

Just awesome ....

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
post #3 of 4 Old 04-16-2013, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Technically, remotes aren't IrDA, they're Consumer IR, but I get your point. I personally hate iOS remotes for many reasons, but, if that's what you want, check out iRule. The Link is a disaster. The new Harmony Ultimate has a lot of promise though, if you can wait a few weeks. Personally, I'd spring for a $10 replacement battery.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 Old 04-16-2013, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm in contact with Logitech regarding the battery, as we've got 5-year reclamation (aka extended warranty enforced by Norwegian law) even though it's not covering batteries for more than about 2-years they seem to be positive and might actually send me a Logitech Harmony Ultimate as replacement.

EDIT:

I still think iOS remote's sounds awesome. Like most people I hate to loose the tactile dedicated buttons, especially for things like adjust volume etc.. But the same time an iPad is laying available around the living room 90% of the time, and we've got our iPhone's available in our pockets 99,99% of the time and they are always charged and ready to go so it seems like the most logical step if you ask me.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech Harmony One Advanced Universal Remote

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page