Harmony Touch activities take forever! Like 15 seconds! is this broken? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-21-2013, 03:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I had the Harmony One for many years. I loved it but I got the touch as a gift. Iike it for the most part but for some reason the activites take FOREVER!!! With my Harmony one all my activites took about 3-4 seconds. With the touch, the same activity takes about 15 seconds! That is rediculus! IDK what it's doing. My activities are simple. Turn on the projector, turn on my outlaw 990, tune it to the video 1, and walah! It should be done 1,2,3! The way it is, the projector goes on, the outlaw goes on, and the remote keeps flashing as if it's still doing something. This goes on for 10 seconds while I wait to turn channels or look at the guide. Is my remote broke, or is this the way it is?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-21-2013, 03:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 822
I cant remember exactly how offhand but there is a way to set the speed at which the commands are given. This might help.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #3 of 4 Old 04-21-2013, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Meno View Post

I had the Harmony One for many years. I loved it but I got the touch as a gift. Iike it for the most part but for some reason the activites take FOREVER!!! With my Harmony one all my activites took about 3-4 seconds. With the touch, the same activity takes about 15 seconds! That is rediculus! IDK what it's doing. My activities are simple. Turn on the projector, turn on my outlaw 990, tune it to the video 1, and walah! It should be done 1,2,3! The way it is, the projector goes on, the outlaw goes on, and the remote keeps flashing as if it's still doing something. This goes on for 10 seconds while I wait to turn channels or look at the guide. Is my remote broke, or is this the way it is?

No, there is something wrong with the set up in the remote, or how the remote has the "default times" stored. Go into "Troubleshooting" and you can get to "delays". Look to make sure they make sense. Some devices have a long start up or input delay, the time required to process a command, and this may be part of the problem.

Again, it seems as if the delays are set up wrong somehow; it should only take 1-2 seconds for an activity such as you descrobed.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I bought all this "stuff" to enjoy it!
post #4 of 4 Old 04-21-2013, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 57
You can adjust the power on delay in the software under the "Devices" tab. Your projector is probably the culprit, I would check that first. The "power on delay" regulates the amount of time between power on & input change. If your projector is always on the same input (i.e. you do your video switching with an AVR) you can adjust that delay to 1000 ms because the proj. will never have to change inputs. If you need to change projector inputs then you could get out a stopwatch and time the delay that you will need for proper operation and enter that value.

If you really want to get rid of that delay all together you can get used to always starting and ending with the same activity, that way the projector will not have to change inputs on startup.

For example: I would probably make my "Watch TV" activity the default so if I wanted to come home and watch a blu-ray I would first turn on with "Watch TV" and then switch to "Watch Blu-Ray". When I finished the movie I would go back to "Watch TV" before turning it off.

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech Harmony One Advanced Universal Remote

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page