Harmony 900-Assign Separate HDMI Video & RCA Audio? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-10-2013, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm having trouble with audio lag in Rocksmith. Ubisoft advises to use an analog connection for the audio. I'd be willing to do that, but the problem is that I wouldn't want to use analog audio for every xbox session, just for when I'm playing Rocksmith.

I have a Yamaha RX-A2010 receiver.
For reference, a shot of the back panel:

http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2010/08/03/242716/YamahaAVENTAGERXA3000rear.jpg

I already have a standard "Play XBOX" activity set up to use HDMI input #4 for both audio and video.

Ideally, I'd like to set up my Harmony 900 remote with another Activity to "Play Rocksmith";
whereas the remote tells the receiver,
ok, use the HDMI #4 input for video,
but for this activity, use the xbox/monoprice adapter to send the RCA audio from the xbox to the receiver; to the input section for AV 2 (the section that has the yellow video [which I wouldn't use], and the two RCA inputs).

The end result that I'd like, would be to still allow me to keep the standard "Play XBOX" activity to use HDMI for audio and video].

I can't find an option for adjusting separate audio and video inputs per activity in the remote config.

Is this even possible?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-10-2013, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamSevier View Post

I'm having trouble with audio lag in Rocksmith. Ubisoft advises to use an analog connection for the audio. I'd be willing to do that, but the problem is that I wouldn't want to use analog audio for every xbox session, just for when I'm playing Rocksmith.

I have a Yamaha RX-A2010 receiver.
For reference, a shot of the back panel:

http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2010/08/03/242716/YamahaAVENTAGERXA3000rear.jpg

I already have a standard "Play XBOX" activity set up to use HDMI input #4 for both audio and video.

Ideally, I'd like to set up my Harmony 900 remote with another Activity to "Play Rocksmith";
whereas the remote tells the receiver,
ok, use the HDMI #4 input for video,
but for this activity, use the xbox/monoprice adapter to send the RCA audio from the xbox to the receiver; to the input section for AV 2 (the section that has the yellow video [which I wouldn't use], and the two RCA inputs).

The end result that I'd like, would be to still allow me to keep the standard "Play XBOX" activity to use HDMI for audio and video].

I can't find an option for adjusting separate audio and video inputs per activity in the remote config.

Is this even possible?

First, you do have to set up a separate Activity for this as you mentioned.

You will not be able to adjust audio inputs on the remote, instead you will need to set your Yamaha AVR to A setting like "Auto Detect" for the audio setting for the input you have connected. Check your manual for the setting to detect whether an audio signal is digital or analog.

This should solve the problem.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I bought all this "stuff" to enjoy it!
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Yamaha Rx A2010 Receiver , Harmony 900 Remote
Gear in this thread - A2010 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page