Epson EB-X6E Projector Code - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-22-2013, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi can anyone help me I bought a epson eb-x6e projector and the remote that came with is isn't the remote that would have been supplied from manufacturing. I have found the official remote which I can buy. But I wanted to know if there was a code that would allow this remote I've been give to work with the projector.

As at the minute we can even switch the projector on as it will only work with the remote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-22-2013, 08:35 AM
DGF

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 39
It looks like you have an "educational" version of the regular EB-X6 (whatever that means) - I did a quick search and there's not a lot of info on that model either. Amazon UK has a remote for the non-"e" version:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RM-Accessories-Remote-Control-epson/dp/B006R9OBXK

[Given that this is a European projector model and the possible le Carre' reference in your user name, I assume that there's a chance you may be based in Europe?]

However, once you identify the correct remote codes and/or new remote, you may still have some challenges:

[From the Epson UK site]

Some Epson projector models include a password protection feature as a precaution against theft. In the case of special, educational use only 'e' editions like the EB-X6e, this security measure is enabled by default.

When password protection is enabled, entering the wrong password three times will cause the projector to be locked. A power cut or other power outage can also trigger the projector's security. In either case, the projector will then display:

• "The projector's operation will be locked"

• "Request Code xxxxx" (a 5-digit number)

This article explains what to do if you receive this message, and answers some related questions.

/www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/faq/9468/2867

Sorry - not overly useful info, but it may help a little to fill in some of the blanks about what you're dealing with.

Dave

[Edit - I just re-read my post and saw the "...precaution against theft..." reference in the pasted Epson text - I am most definitely NOT implying that you got the projector by anything but legit means!]
post #3 of 3 Old 05-22-2013, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 279
It is impossible to tell you what codes to try without knowing what remote you have. But I can tell you the EB-X6 is in the harmony database. A harmony 200 is $20 in the US. And several other universal remotes have Epson projector codes listed in their instruction manuals. Those kinds of remotes start around $3 on ebay.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000148 Harmony 200 Remote For Three Devices Black

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page