HELP with RS232 codes for HTD MCA66 Audio Controller / Amplifier - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-30-2013, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I am a novice at writing code so I am not quite sure how to write what I need, and/or if I even have enough info to write the proper codes based on the documents I was given. Can someone help me with determining if I can complete the commands for the HTD MCA-66 Controller/Amplifier. Perhaps someone already made this user device for use in Integration Designer? That would make life a lot easier! I have attached the RS232 documentation that the HTD tech emailed me today. This is the link to the unit as well : http://www.htd.com/Products/Mid-Level-and-Lync-Systems-Without-Keypads/MCA-66-and-HTDNET-MC

Simply put, does the attached 232 document give me enough information to write the codes in RS232 Library Manager? If so, can someone choose a few of the commands in the attached PDF document and write out the codes here so that I can compare them to the document and see if I can make sense of what you are doing, so that I can try to complete the device on my own?

Thank you for any help!!

Jeff MCA66.pdf 122k .pdf file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MCA66.pdf (121.7 KB, 69 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 11:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 429
I don't know what Integration Designer or RS232 Library Manager is, but that document has all the info anyone would need to write code to communicate with that device.

Basically take the Tx format and substitute the data values from the tables to build a command. I can't quite tell how the checksum is calculated from that document, but it's typically all the bytes they list XOR'd together.

I'm not sure how novice you are, but you'll need a pretty good understanding of binary, hex and boolean math to program any RS232 stuff from scratch. I typically take the contents of a spec like you have and put it in a spreadsheet, and build some formulas for the checksum byte so I know what my command strings should look like, so I can check my code using Hyperterminal on a loopback. Once I'm certain my program is sending the strings according to spec, I test on the actual device. I guess you could skip the Hyperterminal test if you wanted.

The hardest part for me is not sending commands but receiving them. So if you want feedback, the code around that is generally more complex since you have to detect the events, read your comm buffer, then parse and decode the data, then display it on your controlling device. That can be a significant coding effort.

Good luck
Old 06-26-2014, 02:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffheart08 View Post
Hi, I am a novice at writing code so I am not quite sure how to write what I need, and/or if I even have enough info to write the proper codes based on the documents I was given. Can someone help me with determining if I can complete the commands for the HTD MCA-66 Controller/Amplifier. Perhaps someone already made this user device for use in Integration Designer? That would make life a lot easier! I have attached the RS232 documentation that the HTD tech emailed me today. This is the link to the unit as well : <a href="http://www.htd.com/Products/Mid-Level-and-Lync-Systems-Without-Keypads/MCA-66-and-HTDNET-MC" target="_blank">http://www.htd.com/Products/Mid-Level-and-Lync-Systems-Without-Keypads/MCA-66-and-HTDNET-MC</a><br><br>
Simply put, does the attached 232 document give me enough information to write the codes in RS232 Library Manager? If so, can someone choose a few of the commands in the attached PDF document and write out the codes here so that I can compare them to the document and see if I can make sense of what you are doing, so that I can try to complete the device on my own?<br><br>
Thank you for any help!!<br><br>
Jeff
<span huddler_attributes="{&quot;plugin&quot;:&quot;atta chment&quot;,&quot;params&quot;:{&quot;id&quot;:&q uot;69787&quot;,&quot;name&quot;:&quot;MCA66.pdf&q uot;,&quot;description&quot;:&quot;RS232 commands for HTD MCA66&quot;,&quot;size&quot;:122,&quot;type&quot;: &quot;pdf&quot;}}" huddler_plugin="attachment">
<a
class="attachment HM-tool loginreq" href="/attachments/69787" title="RS232 commands for HTD MCA66"><span class="file pdf">MCA66.pdf <span class="details">122k .pdf file</span></span>
</a></span>
Any luck?

»ken«

Tags
Casio Rs 232 Adapter Catalog Category Projectors Accessories