Harmony 880 and Vizio M3D650SV - AVS Forum
Remote Control Area > Harmony 880 and Vizio M3D650SV
Frag Mortuus's Avatar Frag Mortuus 08:10 AM 07-05-2013
Hello Everyone,

I'm sure you all are tired of these posts but a Google search didn't give me any recent or good results. Basically I have a Vizio M3D650SV and a Harmony 880. The problem is that Vizio uses a proprietary way to switch inputs which requires the input button to be hit once to bring up the list then you can either press the input button to go to the next input or you can use the arrows to select the input you want. So, when you use your Harmony, this type of input selection isn't a choice. Which causes the remote to always stop short of the required input by just one. So, if I want to be on HDMI3, the TV will stop on HDMI2 each time. I looked on Logitech's website and tried to follow these instructions:

Vizio TV's require special programming from the Harmony database in order for the Harmony remote to send the proper sequence to switch inputs on the TV correctly. If you have added your Vizio TV and it is not switching to the proper input when you select an Activity, follow the troubleshooting steps below:

If you have added a Vizio TV to your Harmony remote account and have modified the way the device switches inputs, we recommend you remove the device and re-add it as the special programming required for the TV to switch inputs properly may have removed. If you have not made any changes, proceed to step 2.
To remove the TV, launch the Logitech Harmony Remote Software and login to your account
Click on the Devices tab
Click on the Imagetrash can icon beside the TV device
You will be prompted to confirm the device deletion. Select Yes and click on the Next button
Once completed, you will need to re-add the TV. Click on the Devices tab
Click on the Add Device button
Click on the -select device to add- dropdown and select the type of device you want to add
Click on the -select manufacturer- dropdown and select the manufacturer
Enter in the model name of your device
Click on the Next button
Confirm that you've entered in all of the information correctly, then click on the Next button to save your changes
Once correctly added, click on the Activities tab and click on Setup Now next to each Activity that uses the TV. Follow the on-screen steps to setup the Activities
In order for the Harmony remote to properly switch the inputs on your Vizio TV, you will need to get the synchronize the remote with the TV. To do this, follow the steps below:
Go in front of your TV and on the Harmony remote, select the Watch TV Activity. If the TV doesn't switch to the correct AV input, use the original device remote to switch the TV to the correct input
On the Harmony remote, select the Watch DVD Activity. If the TV doesn't switch to the correct input, use the original device remote to switch the TV to the correct input
If you have any other Activities that use the TV, select each one. If the TV doesn't switch to the correct input, use the original device remote to switch the TV to the correct input

Once you have completed these steps your Harmony remote will now be in synch with your TV and should now properly switch inputs. Try switching between Activities.

I have also heard that Logitech sometimes has to create a special program and send it to your remote but they charge a fee for that. IMO, they should do this for free. However, I may be doing something wrong, but the above instructions doesn't seem to do anything for me. Has a new method been figured out?

Thank You!

Tags: Vizio 65 Inch Led 3d Hdtv M3d650sv
Up
Mobile  Desktop