Suggestions for a remote control and MX 1200 opinion - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-13-2013, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys. I'm such a newbie when it comes to high end audio and video devices, however my setup is becoming pretty sophisticated and I need a remote control to control it all. I was at Best Buy and was asking a salesman what his opinion was and he suggested the MX-1200. I've never heard of the brand and saw the price and it was $700! That's a lot of money for a remote control. I found it on an eBay listing for $300, which is much more tolerable. However before I spend that kind of money on a controller I would like opinions on the device, and any possible tips for setting it up. I read up on it a little and it seems like a whole lot of remote, so I'm not sure I'm up to the task. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-13-2013, 06:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 429
How many devices do you have, and are any hidden from view? What exactly do you want the remote to do?
post #3 of 3 Old 07-13-2013, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNewb View Post

Hey guys. I'm such a newbie when it comes to high end audio and video devices, however my setup is becoming pretty sophisticated and I need a remote control to control it all. I was at Best Buy and was asking a salesman what his opinion was and he suggested the MX-1200. I've never heard of the brand and saw the price and it was $700! That's a lot of money for a remote control. I found it on an eBay listing for $300, which is much more tolerable. However before I spend that kind of money on a controller I would like opinions on the device, and any possible tips for setting it up. I read up on it a little and it seems like a whole lot of remote, so I'm not sure I'm up to the task. Thanks in advance!

The ebay purchase will be doorstop without the software, which no URC remote comes with, it has to be programmed by custom installer. Most won't program remote furnished by the customer.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Urc Universal Remote Control Mx1200 Programmable Ir Rf Remote Control
Gear in this thread - Mx1200 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page