Logitech Harmony - Philips Hue lights - light control options? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-22-2013, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hey all,

I'm very new to home automation and setting up a HT in my basement. I thought it would be nice to be able to control the lights in my room with a remote or Apple device etc. Perhaps even have a "movie" setting on the remote where the lights are properly dimmed or shut off.

The only remote that I explored previously was the univeral Logitech Harmony series. I understand they now have a new model called the Ultimate which has the ability to control Philips Hue lights.

I have about 10 - 12 recessed lights in my basement so replacing the bulbs with Hue lights will be expensive.

What other options are out there and what is necessary for something like this?

What is a good universal remote that you all recommend?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-22-2013, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 58

Check the "Bluetooth Bulb" by BlueBulb as recently reviewed on iLounge.com as an alternative to the more expensive Philips Hue offering.

Also, for a universal remote suggestion, the Harmony Smart Control is rapidly emerging as the best value in current Harmony remotes. As reviewed most recently by cnet.com

My Blog > World's Fastest Website | Vizio Owners Guide | Vizio Calibration (updated)

My Equipment: 70" Vizio M-Series | Directv HR34-700 | Denon AVR-591 | Harmony Smart Control | Samsung LNT-5265 | PS3
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page